IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

14 hours ago, Meggo said:

Preach - man. My six year old is still in pull ups. He does wake up in the middle of the night to come to my bed - and is promptly told to pee first - but he is rarely ever dry in the morning. He doesn't have ADHD or sensory issues - but is developing a bit on the slow side so his body is 6- his brain is stuck somewhere around 4 or 5 (depending on what we're asking him to do. 
I'm not sure what we're going to do when he outgrows the pull ups (which is coming fast... )

My youngest wears Good Nites, which are essentially pull ups for bigger kids. They come in 2 sizes: S/M for 38-65 lbs and L/XL for 60-125 lbs. Good Nites is the name brand, but several stores have their own generic versions. I’ve found Target to have the best and most affordable generic brand. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

My youngest wears Good Nites, which are essentially pull ups for bigger kids. They come in 2 sizes: S/M for 38-65 lbs and L/XL for 60-125 lbs. Good Nites is the name brand, but several stores have their own generic versions. I’ve found Target to have the best and most affordable generic brand. 

Yes, Good Nites are great for bigger kids that occasionally have accidents. My 7 year old is usually dry at night, except when she’s sick.  We always have them on hand, just in case.

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, mstee said:

I’m probably in the minority but I’m not looking to potty train early. My husband is all excited for no more diapers, and I’d like to stay with the diapers for a while ? I was a nanny for a long time and the kids would always have to pee at the most inconvenient times- so you’re scrambling to find a toilet. Or I had one that had to be reminded cause she was easily distracted- well I’d forget and then disaster would strike. I just find diapers to be so much more convenient, haha. But obviously I won’t hold my child back once she is ready. She will be 18 months soon but has shown no interest yet. 

I get it!! Half trained kids are no picnic!

and since I haven’t had to deal with a poop diaper in forever- seems way easier to just leave him in dupes till he is actually done

• Upvote 3

On 11/8/2019 at 11:19 PM, mstee said:

I’m probably in the minority but I’m not looking to potty train early. My husband is all excited for no more diapers, and I’d like to stay with the diapers for a while ? I was a nanny for a long time and the kids would always have to pee at the most inconvenient times- so you’re scrambling to find a toilet. Or I had one that had to be reminded cause she was easily distracted- well I’d forget and then disaster would strike. I just find diapers to be so much more convenient, haha. But obviously I won’t hold my child back once she is ready. She will be 18 months soon but has shown no interest yet. 

I'm with ya! My son is going on 21 months and I briefly played with the idea of potty training him but I decided not to push it. He will say yucky when he poops in his diaper and will walk himself to the changing table if I ask him if he needs a new diaper (but is also happy to keep on playing if I don't ask so he's not super bothered). I ultimately decided against it because he's not interested in pulling his own pants/diaper on or off yet. It seems like I would be the one trained to take him at a moment's notice and basically doing all the work. I'd rather wait until he is more of an equal participant, especially since #2 is arriving in just 12 short weeks and I'll be nursing so jumping up to make sure he gets to the potty on time doesn't seem ideal. Plus his daycare believes in waiting until the child is ready and also requires they be able to undress themselves. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, Meggo said:

Preach - man. My six year old is still in pull ups. He does wake up in the middle of the night to come to my bed - and is promptly told to pee first - but he is rarely ever dry in the morning. He doesn't have ADHD or sensory issues - but is developing a bit on the slow side so his body is 6- his brain is stuck somewhere around 4 or 5 (depending on what we're asking him to do. 
I'm not sure what we're going to do when he outgrows the pull ups (which is coming fast... )

I've worried about that too, I think I might just put him in an adult diaper at night if I need to. We use goodnights now so we have a while before he outgrows them. I know eventually we will have to start waking him to get him in the habit of going at night but I am hoping as he gets a little older he will start doing it naturally. 

Edited by Sullie06

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

I've worried about that too, I think I might just put him in an adult diaper at night if I need to. We use goodnights now so we have a while before he outgrows them. I know eventually we will have to start waking him to get him in the habit of going at night but I am hoping as he gets a little older he will start doing it naturally. 

My son has been waking up every night to crawl into bed with us for years - so I make him go then. Last night - he got up around 10 and peed and went back to bed. And he was dry this morning - two days in a ROW. So super exciting!!!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

All this talk of potty training, and I'm here like, my son came home drunk last night. He works for a bank and got yesterday off and his normal day off is today. He gets Sundays & Tuesdays off, he did this to make his class schedule work with his job. 

Still think I'd rather deal with drunk 21 year old than potty training him again, took us a YEAR to get that bastard fulling trained and he was over 4 before he finally stopped needing diapers. Thankfully his sister only needed 1 day and she had it figured out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

One of my kids was interested in using the potty pretty early but had a tiny bladder and having to go every half an hour got old so we had to bail and wait a few months and try again.  She also was really afraid of pooping on the potty - to the point where we had to get the pediatrician involved with laxatives - so wasn't fully daytime trained until 3 (it's a while ago now, it might have been older than that).  Then my next kid had a huge bladder and was super easy to train, and also was dry at night as soon as he was daytime-trained.  

• Upvote 2

Damn this show is so boring.

Is every episode going to be a "we're expecting!" announcement for a baby that's just been born in real time? 

Jana is not coming across well. She's very shouty and bossy and evidently in charge all the time. So much for their "never raise your voice" lies. 

Here's my micro out-of-show-order recap:

JinJer go house hunting in L.A. which is clearly a set up because the property managers are a middle aged couple who work for their church. 

They look at a modern apartment which they say is too small, a vintage Hollywood home which doesn't have 2 parking spots and then a curveball. The curveball is a huge, giant, newly refurbished 4 bedroom Ministry house that is right next to the seminary place. They can only live there for 8 months but Jeremy locks himself in the bathroom with the jacuzzi tub. 

They have a fake house hunters style discussion at a coffee house on which one they want. Can you guess which giant, jacuzzi-tubbed house they chose? 

Their highlight of this episode is when Jeremy throws a pen (maybe?) on the floor and tells Felicity "go get your toy". 

Rest of the Duggars have started Monday night family fun. This time they're going camping. The girls stay and set up the tents and cook. The males go on an orienteering scavenger hunt where they literally find 3 red envelopes barely hidden. 

Josiah gets competitive. Nobody is surprised. They can't be bothered to do the teamwork bridge exercise and instead just walk through the river. JB falls in. The girls are worried that it's taking so long and Lauren is worried it'll be too late to announce their pregnancy. The boys arrive and Josiah announces. The excitement seemed a little delayed but everyone is glad. Pregnant chicks get to sleep in the rv. 

The next day they do 2 pointless team building challenges. Hannie gets annoyed when people keep shouting and says "I'm not even doing anything". Josiah gets competitive and distracts Ben. Ben falls over and the cameraman zooms in on his butt. Who is editing this? 

They thank Jana. 

Next week: everyone sits around the TTH doing some crappy identical paintings. Somebody.... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN..... Yeah, you guessed it, has an announcement. Jessa mentions 5 pregnancies. Henry has a speech pathologist appointment. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 21

Ok, so this is back to the JB and M show. Nothing's changed except for hidden Josh. TLC should be ashamed.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4

Kendra gets to announce at a party.  Lauren gets to announce on a camping trip ?.

We know Jabbie found out at the hospital, so I wonder if they will mention that?  

• Upvote 1

Some thoughts:

• Kendra is wearing a shirt that says “Babe” with an arrow pointed up and “Baby” with an arrow pointed down. Don’t love it.
  • Michelle is the only person to correctly guess that NoHo means “North Hollywood”, but not before guessing “North Holland.” Other guesses include “no gardening” and “when Santa comes, but he doesn’t say ‘ho!’” (yes, I snorted)
  • I'm somewhat surprised they're fine with saying Devil's Den, Devil's Ice Box, Devil's Crevice (okay maybe I made that one up) to describe the places in this park, but they wouldn't say deviled eggs.
  • Josiah climbs a tree because he has “experience”, but that experience is him climbing a tree in cowboy boots and then falling off and breaking his arm.
  • When JinJer are looking at houses, one of them has a hidden closet hidden behind a bookcase. It looked like something out of season 1 of American Horror Story. I thought maybe they would say someone had been murdered in that closet. Alas, it was not to be. Instead the realtor said it was rumored Charlie Chaplin lived there, and that just sort of hung awkwardly in the air while Jinger looked confused and Jeremy nodded like he cared deeply about that. How they can't be sure if he lived in that house, I don't know. It's not like he lived in the Middle Ages.
    • And they make some awkward jokes about this helping them launch their “careers”. Jeremy then says this: “This could launch our careers in silent film. I think people would prefer if I were in silent.” How right you are.
  • JB falls into the water after trying to turn the river crossing into a competition. It's-what-he-deserves.meme.
  • One of the lost girls (Jenny?) basically says, "Fuck this shit, I'm out," and stops participating. Good for her.
Edited by Anna Bolinas
clarifying Jeremy's stupid joke
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

• JB falls into the water after trying to turn the river crossing into a competition. It's-what-he-deserves.meme.

I think you mean "falls" into the water.  Pretty sure that slip was an attention grabbing clown move to keep Boob in the spotlight.  

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 5

I have questions (that you guys probably can't answer) - like-

Mondays are for family bonding now so does that mean that Josh and Anna and the M's plus Jill and Derick and Izruhl and Sam were actually there (or minus Derick who maybe hates JB) and were just hidden for the filming bits?

Does anyone else think it's odd that Jana is now in charge of games?  Or is that a natural follow-on because the tv audience wants to see more of the daughters and less of Michelle and JB?  Michelle btw actually seems more switched on this season than she has in a while... I don't know if that's just because she's getting more air time or that they've finally found the right meds for her but she's more coherent in her talking heads than a lot of other people.  Also I had to laugh at JB doing his usual making everything into a competition and then falling on his butt. 

The fake apartment hunting bit with Jinger ... total ripoff of the other house hunting shows.  At least Felicity is cute.  And going back to the other segments - Spurgeon is adorable.  I could watch a whole show with just him talking.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Spurgeon is adorable.  I could watch a whole show with just him talking.  

Let's hope you're not eating those words when he becomes a televangelist in 20 years.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 32

We had stubborn “you can’t make me pee in the potty” grandson this weekend. We made him wear underwear and told him we weren’t putting a diaper on him. We made him potty about hourly. He didn’t have any accidents. He was mad but oh well. 

• Upvote 7

I just realized tonight that I have two unwatched episodes of "Counting On." I've been watching "Air Disasters" on Smithsonian Channel which is both horrific and fascinating at the same time. My friend also got me obsessed with "Nailed It!" on Netflix.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

How the heck can JinJer afford a four-bedroom jacuzzi house in LA on one salary? A preacher salary? 

My guess is they probably get a good deal because it's owned by the ministry/seminary or whatever. It sounds like it's just a transition home for people who are relocating to attend the seminary. They can only live there for like 8 months or something so within a year they will have to find another place to live and my guess is their new place will end up being much smaller like the other two places they looked at.

Moving twice in a year (especially moving to a large 4 bedroom single family home just to downgrade to a 2 bedroom apartment a few months later) sounds like a pain in the butt to me though.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

How the heck can JinJer afford a four-bedroom jacuzzi house in LA on one salary? A preacher salary? 

They are only able to be there for like 8 months so I’m sure they figured out some kind of deal.

• Upvote 1

I believe it's called Rufus bless MacArthur favoritism.  His capricious benevolence has been well documented.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Ugh to J'Boob and J'chelle being back on the show. Love how the wimmin-folk stay back and do all the work while the boys go play. Barf. Why did they even look at other places when there's a damn house they can stay in?! This show is so fake and contrived. 

Edited to add- I was on my computer not really paying attention and I look up and thought they were dancing around a Maypole! That would be strangely appropriate for them. ?

Edited by fluffernutter
added content
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

Did anything happen on the latest episode? I know I watched it last night, but I honestly don't remember a thing.

One benefit- I got sucked into watching two episodes of Welcome to Plathville after. Those parents are....something else, but at least the show is interesting.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I did think Kendra was very considerate of Lauren on being happy about her own pregnancy knowing Sia and Lauren were hurting and wanted to be pregnant as well. That was sweet of her. She seems like a genuine sweet girl, so I'm glad she got to enjoy her own pregnancy more knowing Lauren was expecting as well.

• Upvote 21

• Coconut Flan locked this topic