IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

17 hours ago, 728011 said:

Whaaaat? Isaac has always been the biggest ass of the group

Back in like 2003 - 2005 maybe, but for the past solid decade he's been the best out of the three. He's better on social media than Zac, and he's more interactive with the fans than Taylor. 

Sweet Rufus, how boring are the Duggars when we are discussing fucking Hansen, the 1 hit hair boy wonders of the late 90's. :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, Bad Wolf said:

SEVERELY old person here. Paul McCartney was my crush. Never thought about marrying him, just wanted to meet him. Actually, any Beatle would have worked.

Me too! I wanted him, bad!

As time went on, though, I switched my attraction to George. And I still find him more appealing. RIP.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Never mind, saw others are discussing it in another thread.

Edited by Alice in Fundieland

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Sweet Rufus, how boring are the Duggars when we are discussing fucking Hansen, the 1 hit hair boy wonders of the late 90's. :laughing-rolling:

Yes, the Duggars are boring but don't crap on Hanson! They still have a huge fan base and constantly sell out their shows. Any time anyone criticizes them, I have to ask: would you like to be forever judged for something you created at 14? They've put out a bunch of albums since- Mmmbop is not even in my top five Hanson songs. From what I understand, they chose not to maintain the level of fame they earned back then, and try to have as much control as they can over their own music.

Sorry to get ranty- I just hate when people put them down without knowing more of their story.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Anna Bolinas said:

But let's also not act like MMMBop isn't a banger.

I have maintained, for over twenty years, that Mmmbop is one of, if not the most depressing songs ever to top the charts. It’s basically EVERYONE YOU LOVE WILL LEAVE YOU AND YOU WILL PROBABLY DIE ALONE, the pop song.

(...though I may still be biased because I made the mistake of looking at the lyrics when I bought it after a particularly painful breakup, so y’know, mmv ?)

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Does anyone else here know or remember The Kelly Family?

I remember when they were a big deal with some people (while other people were trashing them for being unwashed hippies harhar). Then suddenly they went out of fashion and the same people who loved the Kelly Family before started making fun of them as well.

Personally I was never a fan of the Kellys, but I have liked and enjoyed their music since childhood. It has always bothered me a lot how people would change their opinions based on what is fashionable, and make fun of artists for superficial reasons such as men having long hair, being too old/too young, not conventionally attractive or the like.

Oh, and mark my words: The Backstreet Boys will be the main musical legacy of the mid/late 1990s. In 200 years from now they will be lumped together with The Beatles, ABBA, and Madonna, and children will complain about having to listen to Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) at school.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, CrazyMumma said:

Has anyone noticed Jed Duggar now has Instagram?

Yes.  He's also incorporated a bible class as a non-profit. ?

• Rufus Bless 2

So who is Jed courting?  I'm assuming there will be an announcement soon, probably during the last episode.  ?

• Upvote 1

By the way do we know long this season will be? I think there has been 2 or 3 episodes now? If it is as usual an 8 ep season we should hear something in a few weeks...it will for sure be a busy winter this between the upcoming babygeddon and the teasing about a possible courtship from the boys

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, Silas said:

I'll be honest, the food topics on FJ sometimes just make me uncomfortable. Me, personally(not saying everyone else does or should feel that way). Growing up my family was poor as heck and we ate a lot of processed junk. As adults we've definitely branched out and learned better habits, but it's a process. You don't just wake up one day craving kale and sometimes it takes a bit of life experience to even realize how limited your palate is. Now my son is a restrictive eater. Not picky, restrictive. It drives me nuts when we take him places and people always have to comment on what he does or doesn't eat. My opinion about food is that unless someone's eating habits are hurting you, just leave it alone. Yeah, Austin's comment was a bit too much, but it's frankly none of my concern if he wants to eat hamburgers for the rest of his life. 

I’m a picky eater actually myself. I could not care less what people eat. It’s the attitude that’s the problem. Not the habit. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/30/2019 at 9:02 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Isn’t that normal though? I mean God knows this show is getting more boring by the day. But it seems always to be one post about the Duggars for every ten about “my wedding was”, “my wedding dress was”, my pregnancy, my baby's birth, my child, my parenting, my family, my eating habits, my sleeping habits, and so forth... ha ha! 

Typical Free Jinger thread drift, no? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, amendgitan said:

Isn’t that normal though? I mean God knows this show is getting more boring by the day. But it seems always to be one post about the Duggars for every ten about “my wedding was”, “my wedding dress was”, my pregnancy, my baby's birth, my child, my parenting, my family, my eating habits, my sleeping habits, and so forth... ha ha! 

Typical Free Jinger thread drift, no? 

Yes, it is normal, and it’s gotten worse imo since we’re no longer allowed to post photos from their social media. The photos used to stimulate on-topic discussion.

Actually, I’m unclear as to whether this is a real rule or just a recent forum expectation? I don’t see anything in the forum guidelines

I’d like to humbly suggest that it be acceptable for members to share photos from fundie social media again provided they add at least a sentence of relevant discussion (i.e. no posting photos without any accompanying text from the poster, no posting just to say ‘Jinger’s hair finally looks okay’ or whatever).

FJ has a long history of off-topic conversation and that’s cool. But there are many, many sub forums and clubs devoted to off-topic discussion already. I’m not at all advocating that off-topic discussion be banned in the on-topic areas, just that the health of the forum would probably improve if on-topic discussion were more encouraged in the relevant forums. I personally find myself participating WAY less on the forum when I know that I’m going to have to sift through 90% thread drift to get to that 10% actual discussion. But if that’s what the majority of FJers want, no big deal.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

I think the mods said it’s fine to share photos from their social media as long as we have something to say and that will generate a discussion that’s not about how cute a baby is. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, there was a rash of pics with no commentary besides: here is Alyssa at McDonald’s again with the girls. Or: Jill got coffee today. Or: Jill made a recipe I think is gross and here is the picture.

Sharing a picture for a reason to bring up a relevant discussion point is still fine. Each time a pic is shared, it uses up some bandwidth, so basically the idea is don’t use bandwidth without a good reason.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

Does anyone else here know or remember The Kelly Family?

I'm a bit too young to remember them clearly (born in 1991), but I do love Michael Patrick Kellys new songs. 

I was never into boybands or music per se. I like a couple of songs from a artist but rarely all of them. I never bought albums or CDs. I was fan of Daniel Kübelböck when he was part of the German version of American Idol. (And it hurt me a bit when he committed suicide recently. I was kind of different myself back then and maybe that is why I liked him.)  And the No Angels or Bro'Sis from Popstars. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

It seems to me there’s a big difference between scrapbooking and using visuals to kick off discussion, and we may have thrown the baby out with the bath water here. I don’t see the issue with using bandwidth to facilitate on-topic discussion. But again, it’s what the majority of the board (and the admins obviously) want that matters.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

It's not a rule.  The self-policing that fj can be so proud of, got very hand slappy over the pictures.  If you have something worth sharing and talking about by all means do it. 

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Sharing a picture for a reason to bring up a relevant discussion point is still fine. Each time a pic is shared, it uses up some bandwidth, so basically the idea is don’t use bandwidth without a good reason.  

don't remind me :D

5 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I think the idea is not to use FJ just for scrapbooking.

which would consist of slapping together pictures of what....xmas decorations on trees. 

• Haha 1

I’m probably in the minority here, but I really liked when current social media posts were shared, even with minimal commentary. I don’t follow many of them on social media, and don’t really desire to. It was nice to click on the thread and see what the latest shenanigans the fundies are up to. Many of the pics spur new conversation. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 23
  • Love 1

I can’t decide who I find most annoying: the Duggars or TLC. I get that filming takes time and whatnot but seriously, to devote half an episode to “oooh they found out the sex of their baby but didn’t tell anyone, what could it be? TENSION” when the kid in question is already 6 months old is just crap tv. Do they seriously think there are viewers out there watching this like a drama going “no spoilers!!” ? And then to have all that stuff about Grandma Duggar when they know she’s passed and they’ve already filmed the funeral (for the same season) strikes me as pretty distasteful. Sure, it was filmed before, but there’s such a thing as editing.

Also, mmmbop was great but the best song on that album was Man From Milwaukee.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, Gobbles said:

I'm a bit too young to remember them clearly (born in 1991), but I do love Michael Patrick Kellys new songs. 

I was never into boybands or music per se. I like a couple of songs from a artist but rarely all of them. I never bought albums or CDs. I was fan of Daniel Kübelböck when he was part of the German version of American Idol. (And it hurt me a bit when he committed suicide recently. I was kind of different myself back then and maybe that is why I liked him.)  And the No Angels or Bro'Sis from Popstars. ?

Fellow Daniel Kübelböck fan here. It's quite embarrassing thinking back now how obsessed I was with him. I even made my parents take me to his home town and my dad ask about his home address at the town hall. Good old pre-GDPR days.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic