IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

also, just fun fact: the CO "guys guide to courting" episode (ft John/Joe/Josiah) aired in 10/2016, when Duggarland was coming out of a love-story lull and JinJer were almost-married. Less than a year later was the JoKen wedding.

Other than constant hints about Jana, I think this newest CO episode is the first we've had since 2016 that directly dealt with single adults......it's been 3 years, we're up on another lull (but filled with babies instead of Turd scandals this time), and the next 3 brothers are up for their turn xD

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Jinger decided to wear pants on the hike, thought it would be best. Says she wears pants because that's "where the Lord has led me as of now." 

Genuine question from an Atheist.  Why would the Lord lead Jinger to wear pants?  I'm serious.  Why does he lead some women to wear skirts and then others to wear pants?  I mean, personally, I think Jinger just wanted to wear pants, and so she has convinced herself that it was the Lord that made her think that way.  But I'm a heathen, so what do I know?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 37

47 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Genuine question from an Atheist.  Why would the Lord lead Jinger to wear pants?  I'm serious.  Why does he lead some women to wear skirts and then others to wear pants?  I mean, personally, I think Jinger just wanted to wear pants, and so she has convinced herself that it was the Lord that made her think that way.  But I'm a heathen, so what do I know?

From what I understand, is that if in Jingers heart it felt right, then god is ok with it.

Edited by Mlissmartin
Punctuation, spelling
  • Upvote 15
  • Thank You 2

My thoughts on the episode:

• Jeremy won't shut up about Cade's hair.
    • Also, are Cade and Gabby going to become fixtures of this show now or??
  • TLC not only fails in getting Jinger to have a meltdown at the heathens on Venice Beach (she just says it's very different from Arkansas or Laredo), they also fail in getting Jinger and Michelle to have a 90 Day Fiancee-style slapfight over wearing pants.
  • Kendra was so baffled at the concept of a backstreet, let alone boys from said backstreet.
  • Can't Believe the Duggars darkened the doorstep of Philadelphia.
  • One of the boys (James I think??) said he wanted a "modest, righteous babe" when asked about his ideal girl. Doesn't seem like a very god-honoring way to refer to a godly young woman, but whatever.
  • JD continues to make me uncomfortable.
  • Based on next week's promo, Lauren needs therapy like yesterday.
  • Upvote 20
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 4

I really don't think Jesus will care about whether Jinger choses to wear pants or a skirt.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

The whole all skirts all the time deal is mostly over except for older women  or Maxwell types who are Extreme for most Fundies even.      Same for cutting hair.As long as they are not Bootie shorts or mini skirts of course. 

• Upvote 1

JD skeeves me out. 

I was amused at Jeremy’s love for the backstreet boys. I’m also starting to appreciate Austin a bit more.  

• Upvote 25

I loved when the producer said to Austin “oh you don’t know who the Backstreet Boys are either?” and it almost seemed like he took offense and said “no I know!” But none of the others will”. It seemed like he wanted them to know that he’s had some worldly experience. 

• Upvote 35

2 hours ago, Mlissmartin said:

From what I understand, is that if in Jingers heart it felt right, then god is ok with it.

by that logic, anything is ok: sex, drinking, etc.

fundies are so hypocritical

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Throwing this out there: JD mistype the white Cathedral in Helsinki as Greek Orthodox. It is actually an Evengelical Lutheran church. My guess is that he mixed it up with the Uspenski Cathedral in Helsinki which is Eastern Orthodox. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

JD skeeves me out. 

I was amused at Jeremy’s love for the backstreet boys. I’m also starting to appreciate Austin a bit more.  

YES, what is it about him now? He looks like a lech.

• Upvote 4

Do the Duggars and in laws know any other song besides Amazing Grace? That song irritates me so much and it's entirely their fault.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

They should have asked the howlers what they have to offer a partner instead of what they want. ”Not much” is the answer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 24

I like Austin. He is damn near rolling his eyes every episode at the Duggar’s righteous innocence. He is a snarky little shit if you ask me!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 31

Austin is growing on me. I like his snark.

The whole time they were talking about BSB is was thinking my fave was Justin Timberlake, then I realized he wasn't a BSB. I don't know any BSB either! Was Jeremy really trying to act like he was crying seeing the star? 

Could JD be any more condescending about Abbie's job/education? Last epi it was basically "she just got a paycheck handed to her" and this week it's that she's teaching him "little nursing skills."

Re Jingle's pants. When I was 16, I got in trouble for dyeing my hair without permission. When my mom asked me why I did that, I told her it never even crossed my mind that I should ask for permission to dye my own hair. So I can't imagine asking to wear pants in my 20s.

I was surprised that the Duggar kids knew as much as they did about Santa/reindeer. I want a reindeer lmao ??.

Also, the guy's reaction when Jeremy said there it is guys when they walked up to the scenic overlook cracked me up.

JD is looking like the sex pest. 

They are making it seem like Jed is courting or at least special friends.

Idk why Jackson and Tyler couldn't have gone on the road trip with the howlers and then nobody would have to drive alone.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

About the Backstreet Boys: most of those 'kids' are a bit to young for them anyway right? At least Joy and Kendra.

If you ask a random 21year old who their favourite Backstreet Boy is, I think most of them could not name any. They would know about the band though.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

On 10/17/2019 at 10:43 AM, justmy2cents said:

@redsmomma29 we didn’t have a recap from @Buzzard which usually generates a lot of discussion.

I'm going to TRY to do next week.  This toddler thing is seriously hurting my ability to snark!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 15

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

About the Backstreet Boys: most of those 'kids' are a bit to young for them anyway right? At least Joy and Kendra.

If you ask a random 21year old who their favourite Backstreet Boy is, I think most of them could not name any. They would know about the band though.

Yeah, the band formed the year Jinger was born.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Re Jingle's pants.

I know this is a typo/autocorrect- but this struck me as hilarious and totally made my morning ? Just another reason not to go with a creative spelling for your kid's name- autocorrect can't handle it!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, artdecades said:

by that logic, anything is ok: sex, drinking, etc.

fundies are so hypocritical

That's not really the definition, though. As someone who grew up fundie, when they talk about how God is leading you, and how you're convicted, it means that you find verses in the Bible to back up your beliefs. If you can't find a verse to stand on, then it means your wish is probably from the heart, and not from God. There's not really any verses in the Bible that talks about women not being able to wear pants. It mentions not wearing men's clothes, but pants aren't men clothes. They're women pants. Anything else is just extremism, which is the Duggars by definition. So Jim Bob and Michelle have no Bible verses to back up their pants belief, it's just an extreme form of modesty, which the Bible DOES call Christians to. 

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

This is so true. I went to a Backstreet Boys concert this summer, and when I was talking about it at the school I work with, most of the younger kids were like "who??"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

I always wondered: why are they allowed to wear unisex hoodies? Those are way more ‘men clothes’ than pink skinny jeans.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, TZmom said:

Do the Duggars and in laws know any other song besides Amazing Grace? That song irritates me so much and it's entirely their fault.

They have ruined the song for me too.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I also coudn't name a single Backstreet Boy. I know they are a band and that's it. I didn't know they still exist.
I wasn't raised fundie and I'm closer in age to Jeremy than to Kendra but I was simply never interested in pop music and neither were my parents.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

The way I see it, is that God wants Jinger to be comfortable, and if she is comfortable in trousers, then it is fine. Jessa might not be comfortable in trousers, so she should not wear trousers. I really don't think God gives a fuck if people wear trousers and skirts as long as they look modest/professional in situations that call for it. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

There were tornadoes all around where the Duggars live earlier this week.  Are they helping anyone?  Probably not because they can't fly there? Perfect opportunity for them ALL to be able to help locally.  They aren't posting photos so they must not be helping.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic