IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

I think the cost of airplane fuel would exceed the $40 budget, so technically JD and Abbie should've been disqualified.

No peck rule?! Ugh. I like kissing my partner as much as the next person, but there are times when we're in a hurry or we wake up next to each other with morning breath and we'd rsther keep our mouths closed. Of course, these are holy married Duggars and they must always emphasize how "romantic" their relationships are.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 6

Josiah and Lauren is another Josh and Anna situation. Josh is a "problem" child married off to a model fundie wife. I can see this is going to end badly. At least Josiah doesn't seem to be quite the asshole that Josh is, but I can see a scandal coming. It's just a matter of time.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

This whole airplane/pilot stuff is becoming really old and really boring.

If one of the boys did go to meet someone or whatever (I guess this is Lauren Caldwell) then it probably didn't work out or the Duggars would've probably announced it a week after they started courting.

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

This whole airplane/pilot stuff is becoming really old and really boring.

If one of the boys did go to meet someone or whatever (I guess this is Lauren Caldwell) then it probably didn't work out or the Duggars would've probably announced it a week after they started courting.

I thought that some of the courtships have only been announced around engagement (Jill and Jinger for sure)

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I thought that some of the courtships have only been announced around engagement (Jill and Jinger for sure)

True. Maybe the season finale then?

8 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I think the cost of airplane fuel would exceed the $40 budget, so technically JD and Abbie should've been disqualified.

Ben actually said the exact same thing. Apparently there was some "fine print rule" that said fuel costs didn't count.

I wonder if Josh and Anna also participated, since JB and M were also watching the M kids?

• Upvote 15

I caught the last 30 minutes of the show.  All I can say is "meh."  It was a real snooze fest.  It was technically unchaperoned courting with Boob and Meechelle getting to put their two cents in about the "dates."  Also, didn't one of the couples make chocolates on their honeymoon?  ??????

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Of course fuel costs don't count! These are Duggar climate changer deniers we are talking about. Their Godly footprints don't matter.

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611586a00d7fb2bd33ab7

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I never want to read about JD slathering anything ever again. 

It's making me picture his greasy face with a big tongue hanging out slobbering all over her face like a dog. 

*shudders*

• Disgust 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

The whole season is for sale on Amazon for $1.99. I wonder if that's an accidental price for the season bc I think that's usually the price per episode.

• Haha 15

2 hours ago, FunDeeLite said:

Also, didn't one of the couples make chocolates on their honeymoon?  ??????

Joy and Austin did. I think Jessa and Ben chose chocolate making because it was something they’d always wanted to do...they seemed like they were just taking advantage of the voluntary babysitting to have fun and we’re just pretending it was romantic. Siren and Jabbie seemed to be the only ones taking the trying to be “romantic” seriously. The other two just chose things that I think they enjoyed doing anyway.

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

The whole season is for sale on Amazon for $1.99. I wonder if that's an accidental price for the season bc I think that's usually the price per episode.

I’d say that’s roughly 2 dollars more then it’s worth. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 35
  • I Agree 4

I don't think I will make the mistake of watching it whilst eating breakfast again. Jim Bob talking about the cream ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing quite says "romance" like a list of questions from your parents to be discussed and recorded on your date for them to watch later ? 

Edited by fluffernutter
grammar
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

My big take away from this episode is why is this a show any more? Its like watching somebody's really boring home videos that they're inexplicably proud of. The most exiting part of the whole episode (and potentially the whole season) was Spurgeon and Meredith biting each other. 

Was that an unblurred Jill during the "Coming Up this season" clip of Jessa in labor? 

It's on YouTube for those wanting to watch. Just search counting on and then sort by date added. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

51 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Was that an unblurred Jill during the "Coming Up this season" clip of Jessa in labor? 

It's on YouTube for those wanting to watch. Just search counting on and then sort by date added.

Jill and Anna have never been blurred out of the show. It’s only their husbands who are banned. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

The most exiting part of the whole episode (and potentially the whole season) was Spurgeon and Meredith biting each other. 

Toddler wrestling! That could totally be a thing! :pow:

• Haha 9

What flavor of bonbon would your spouse be? Wow, TLC, how do you come up with this profound stuff? That was so boring, and so staged.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

It is a thing. There have literally been Fight Clubs in daycares. Google it.

I read in the news about a group of assisted living employees who had organized a fight club with the memory care residents. Just yesterday. 

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 6

1. Good for Kendra and Joe for saying they are more romantic in private than in public... unlike the rest of those weirdos who are married and living with their spouse and still need to make out in front of everyone constantly.

2. As much as I dislike Derick and think Jill is an odd duck on instagram, I feel badly for her being left out on the big family events like last night's episode.  I know that was just staged for the show and I have no idea how many things she goes to that aren't shown but still... it would be weird to be the kid who can't come over some times.

3. I still can't really figure Jessa out.  I thought she'd be one to be more independent and break away more but she's really ensconced pretty firmly in their little family cult.  

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic