IGNORED

Check out a young Alexander's predictions for Stephen

Hisey

I wonder why they took it down. And I think they are lying about having Muslim friends.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Oh yes, I saw Debrand's post earlier. The response was positivish-but-defensive, acknowledging that not all Muslims are our enemies, but defending the publication of the poem in light of Sullivan's age and saying that the blog is a scrapbook to record their family memories.

I guess they might have taken it down when they realised it came from a poster on here. The Stephen/Meredith posts have had very high numbers of hits lately, so I guess there are people on all sides of the family aware of us.

Oh yes, I saw Debrand's post earlier. The response was positivish-but-defensive, acknowledging that not all Muslims are our enemies, but defending the publication of the poem in light of Sullivan's age and saying that the blog is a scrapbook to record their family memories.

I guess they might have taken it down when they realised it came from a poster on here. The Stephen/Meredith posts have had very high numbers of hits lately, so I guess there are people on all sides of the family aware of us.

Somebody should let them know if they want to scrapbook offensive family memories that's okay, but they should do it in private.

He would blow up tanks full of enemy men,

Or pick up a machine gun and shoot down about ten.

He would fight and fight and fight and fight,

He would fight in the day and fight in the night,

Until not a single enemy soldier could stand,

And their enemy commander lost his command

Still pretty disturbing. I get that in war you have sometimes have to kill people, but it isn't something to get excited about and treat with such glee. The people he is talking about are real live people, people that the Alexander's claim to believe God made and without Jesus will go to hell, yet they have brought up their son to treat life with very little respect.

That poem is disturbing. And a 12 year old wrote that? I think they should look at the quality of their "schooling".

None of the soldiers I know talk about the people they've killed during their deployments. They're proud that they have served and protected their country but they don't talk about those they have killed.

And if Stephen plans on becoming a judge in an area that elects them, his in-laws are going to be a problem.

I commented expressing disgust, but it won't get past, of course. Anyone screenshotted the blog post for future reference? I can't keep it on this laptop, it's a work one.

Ditto this. Again, I'd do it but I'm not sure how - and am also at work. Personally I think all the family blogs should be screenshotted for future reference. After all, if it all gets scrubbed, S. could have an easier time getting elected someday.

Why are the Muslim friends trotted out by all of the anti-Islam fundies? If I were their Muslim friend, I would drop them like a hot potato.

*I have been the token Jewish friend of anti-semites and broken off the friendship when I realized this was the case*

I second what someone upthread said about this being a good place for Stephen to start distancing himself from the Alexanders. He's supposedly smart, right?

I think it's funny they edited it already. Nothing like a little fundie revisionist history. Steven, I promise -- if you run for office, I will still remember.

Still pretty disturbing. I get that in war you have sometimes have to kill people, but it isn't something to get excited about and treat with such glee. The people he is talking about are real live people, people that the Alexander's claim to believe God made and without Jesus will go to hell, yet they have brought up their son to treat life with very little respect.

ITA.

Once again it's the typical fundie response of editing blog posts like they never happened in response to criticism. And I'm not buying that they posted the poem just to "scrapbook their memories" including children's statements they don't necessarily endorse. If that was the case they could have posted the poem with some sort of disclaimer -- like, yes, Sullivan is young and at an age to be fascinated with violence, but we are trying to teach him empathy and love for even his enemies (like Jesus taught). And that not all Muslims ARE our enemies. But nope.

Edited for grammar.

Why are the Muslim friends trotted out by all of the anti-Islam fundies?

Meh. They're lying about them. They don't exist. Just like the anti-Islam posters here who claim to have Muslim BFFs. It's all bullshit.

Archived