IGNORED

Check out a young Alexander's predictions for Stephen

Hisey

Apparently, Stephen's been deployed to the Middle East (I think).

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-birthday-stephen.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His parents should explain to him that Muslims are humans with thoughts and feelings also. They have children, mothers and fathers that they adore, just like the boy has people he dearly loves. A soldier's job is not merely to kill, kill, kill. My husband served in Afghanistan and he worked with Muslims. He didn't consider most Muslims or even most Afghanistan people to be his enemies.

I know that kids can be violent but that is where the parent steps in and helps his child learn empathy for people who are difference.

So, after killing all the Muslims, he will become a judge? In my dystopian fantasies, he was running for President, but apparently I should be worried about him getting on the Supreme Court - which would also be plenty scary unless he gets out of VisionForumLand.

Those lines about killing all the Muslims will definitely be brought up by Stephen's enemies if Stephen ever does run for a political office.

Marrying into a family of uneducated hillbillies probably wasn't such a good plan if he has political aspirations, actually.

His parents should explain to him that Muslims are humans with thoughts and feelings also. They have children, mothers and fathers that they adore, just like the boy has people he dearly loves. A soldier's job is not merely to kill, kill, kill. My husband served in Afghanistan and he worked with Muslims. He didn't consider most Muslims or even most Afghanistan people to be his enemies.

I know that kids can be violent but that is where the parent steps in and helps his child learn empathy for people who are difference.

That would be a nice way to explain it, if someone wanted to raise a reasonable and compassionate child. I'd also point out to the kid that Muslims are not all "foreigners" and that some of them live in America, love America, and may even work for the American military. But instead I am guessing the grown ups in his family are proud that he has learned that it is a good thing to "kill all the Muslims".

Guest Anonymous

:shock:

Okay, I totally get that a child would write that, but an adult posted it to their freaking blog for anyone with an internet connection to read. I can't blame the kid for growing up in a bigoted family, but I damn sure blame his parents for teaching him that's okay. It's not cute to write a poem about killing people because they don't practice the same religion that you do. I'm aghast.

Guest Anonymous

Wow. I too am very surprised that the family think this a 'cute' thing to post on an open blog. Stephen's family is educated and moderately liberal isn't it? I'd love to be a fly on the wall when his brothers read this sort of stuff.

Just...wow. This is the type of person my child(ren) will have to face. Sigh. American bred, born and raised and I am Muslim. Bet that would shatter his little world, eh?

I'm not surprised that a 12 year old wrote that- 12 year old boys are generally obsessed with guns and war, regardless of their upbringing. I agree that an adult never should have posted that. I also noticed that they have removed one of the pictures of baby Margaret from the birth announcement blog. It was a picture of Stephen adoring her while she was on one of those hospital baby scales. I thought it was a sweet picture, but I do remember being taken aback that they would post it since naked baby genitals were clearly visible. Now, any normal person would not care seeing as we are all born naked and birthing is not exactly a modest process, but knowing these wackos...bye bye naked baby picture. Modesty starts the womb, apparently

I commented expressing disgust, but it won't get past, of course. Anyone screenshotted the blog post for future reference? I can't keep it on this laptop, it's a work one.

I was also curious about the line where Stephen's progeny had "expanded eighteenfold" (or whatever it said). Does that mean no birth control for Meredith? And why does young Sullivan know about that plan, anyway?

From six o'clock in the morning, till six o'clock in the afternoon,

He would blow up tanks full of enemy men,

Or pick up a machine gun and shoot down about ten.

He would fight and fight and fight and fight,

He would fight in the day and fight in the night,

Until not a single Muslim soldier could stand,

And their Muslim commander lost his command

:o :shock: :shock: :o :cry:

Even my fundie parents would have had a long talk with one of my brothers if they had written anything like this.

Seems like Meredith has about 95% of the common sense in the Alexander family. Although the "poem" is somewhat understandable for a 12-yo boy, it's hard to believe that an adult would actually post something like that.

Those lines about killing all the Muslims will definitely be brought up by Stephen's enemies if Stephen ever does run for a political office.

Marrying into a family of uneducated hillbillies probably wasn't such a good plan if he has political aspirations, actually.

I'll admit I'm old enough to remember Billy Carter (and Billy Beer) . And Ron and Patti Reagan. And Bill Clinton's brother (Roger, was it?). And Hillary's brother. And I keep reading about arrests of illegal Kenyan immigrants who are related to Obama's dad. And, of course the is Obama's dad himself.

It seems to be kind of a tradition to have a few in the presidential family!

But yeah, that is some messed up poetry to be putting online there. Is this the same kid who's going to be the Christian George Lucas?

I'll admit I'm old enough to remember Billy Carter (and Billy Beer) . And Ron and Patti Reagan. And Bill Clinton's brother (Roger, was it?). And Hillary's brother. And I keep reading about arrests of illegal Kenyan immigrants who are related to Obama's dad. And, of course the is Obama's dad himself.

It seems to be kind of a tradition to have a few in the presidential family!

But yeah, that is some messed up poetry to be putting online there. Is this the same kid who's going to be the Christian George Lucas?

The only people who don't have less-than-ideal relatives are the ones who have them but refuse to admit it.

I think that some kids go through a fascination with death and violence. It isn't that the child isn't empathatic but that they are trying to take power over something that frightens them.

Some conservatives discuss Muslims as though they are inhuman monsters bent on destroying any white Christian they come across. Such discussions would terrify most kids. The poem might be the boy's way to take power over his fears. His invincible brother-in-law will protect the world, just like he would like to do

Most parents would sit the boy down and help him understand why he feels so afraid. They wouldn't post the poem online. The fact that they did post it probably means that they don't see Muslims as human and might even be feeding into the boy's fears.

I posted a reply to them. I told them I hope they are teaching tolerance in their homeschooling (most likely not) and the fact that there are many Muslims in Afghanistan who desire peace and a better existence.

I also told them to let Steven teach Sullivan the real history of the world. Not the VF approved version.

I bet Steven cringed a little when he read that. And poor Meredith, nothing but a brood mare according to her brother.

Whose Stephen in the Alexander family?

Meredith's Oxford educated (Rhode's Scholar) husband. Also in the ROTC, and now preparing for his military deployment.

I'm disgusted by this as well, on behalf of my Muslim friends and colleagues.

Also nice to think Steven and Meredith are going to have 19 children who are all going to average about 16 themselves...

Archived