IGNORED

College Admissions Scandal: Felicity Huffman Arrested!

Howl

6 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

And her name. Just like Hilton, Rothschild, Trump, Bush, Guinness, Vanderbilt, Rasmussen, names with recognition makes doors open. 

Exactly. Paris Hilton has never worked a day in her life. Not only did Paris Hilton inherit her family's connections, Paris Hilton's name (and beauty) caused companies and opportunities to flock to her.

In fact, many will remember that Kim Kardashian began to achieve a famous platform by being Paris Hilton's BFF.

Yes, rich people can and do develop depression.  For example, I bet Paris Hilton is pissed at Kylie Jenner. Paris Hilton basically gave Kim Kardashian a platform and the rest is history. Paris Hilton might be crying at night that she is not a billionaire like Kylie and is only a multi-millionaire...

Rich people tend to compare themselves to ultra-rich people and it makes them unhappy. When rich people attend charity galas or go to their golf clubs, they are surrounded by people richer than them.

• For example, look at how Trump goes after Jeff Bezos of Amazon, the richest man...
Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Most people I know would not trade places with a spoiled shallow sounding princess who will probably never accomplish anything of use on her own. Even poor struggling  people  want to feel pride in their own accomplishments. 

• Upvote 2

USC's president has already issued a statement saying the university was the victim in all this.  I'm guessing the other universities will frame their stance the same way.  The NCAA is stating they will look into it to see if any violations, etc.  I do think the students involved should be shown the door, especially if they are taking up space on teams but not contributing.  They can always buy their way into another college if so desired.  I can't imagine even wanting to stay, especially with my teammates and classmates giving me the side-eye.  :confusion-shrug:

NCAA death penalties need to be handed out like candy at Halloween. NCAA justice needs to become swift and sure when dealing with violators.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Exactly. Paris Hilton has never worked a day in her life. Not only did Paris Hilton inherit her family's connections, Paris Hilton's name (and beauty) caused companies and opportunities to flock to her.

In fact, many will remember that Kim Kardashian began to achieve a famous platform by being Paris Hilton's BFF.

Yes, rich people can and do develop depression.  For example, I bet Paris Hilton is pissed at Kylie Jenner. Paris Hilton basically gave Kim Kardashian a platform and the rest is history. Paris Hilton might be crying at night that she is not a billionaire like Kylie and is only a multi-millionaire...

Rich people tend to compare themselves to ultra-rich people and it makes them unhappy. When rich people attend charity galas or go to their golf clubs, they are surrounded by people richer than them.

• For example, look at how Trump goes after Jeff Bezos of Amazon, the richest man...

Speaking of Trump. I hate that he is president, but when I’m really upset with him, I remind myself that he must hate being told what to do and where to go as president. He’s always done whatever he pleased. And he wanted the ego boost of becoming president. However he now has to do things he likely doesn’t want to do because it’s stuff the president always has to do. And that makes me feel the tiniest bit better. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speaking of Trump. I hate that he is president, but when I’m really upset with him, I remind myself that he must hate being told what to do and where to go as president. He’s always done whatever he pleased. And he wanted the ego boost of becoming president. However he now has to do things he likely doesn’t want to do because it’s dtuff the president always has to do. And that makes me feel the tiniest bit better. 

I believe Michael Cohen when he said that Trump also ran for president to profit and market the Trump Org. 

I laugh when Trump rants on Twitter about other (far richer) billionaires because it reminds me that he has trouble sleeping at night because he's not the richest man in the world.

In Trump's world, he needs to feel he is the BEST at everything or he gets mad. He's not. He's not the richest man in the world.

Also, I don't think Trump is that healthy. He's widely rumored to consume fast food for almost every meal.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Also, I don't think Trump is that healthy. He's widely rumored to consume fast food for almost every meal.

Which is insane to me. He has access to healthy and nutritious food that can be cooked properly by a professional! He has what most people don’t! I would kill for a professional chef to cook healthy and delicious meals! 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

USC had this tweet

Talk about tone deaf / bad timing...

Some of us have already made snarky replies about how USC makes their decisions....

• Upvote 8

That’s why “Widely rumored” needs to be taken with  more than a few grains of salt. Most of the time it’s rubbish or half truth at best.I am sure Trump does not eat a healthy diet but Big Macs for breakfast and Dominoes for lunch every day is not likely either. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Lori Loughlin's daughter's YouTube channel reeks of privilege and showcases the worst side of it. Her daughter does not show any videos of her doing anything to help the community with her inherited famous platform. Her YouTube is to serve as an inside view into her privileged, wealthy life. It's quite embarrassing and disgusting, to be honest. She has around ~2 million subscribers.

Why do her followers support her? 

Her daughter could be doing a lot to better society with her inherited public platform rather than brag about her clothing hauls and lavish lifestyle. How embarrassing...

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 5

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s why “Widely rumored” needs to be taken with  more than a few grains of salt. Most of the time it’s rubbish or half truth at best.I am sure Trump does not eat a healthy diet but Big Macs for breakfast and Dominoes for lunch every day is not likely either. 

Oh I’m sure he eats what is served at official meals that are part of the job. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he ate a lot of fast food when he gets to choose what he’s having for a meal. So he can’t eat fast food for every meal. But he could eat mostly fast food for the meals he chooses for himself. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I’m sure he eats what is served at official meals that are part of the job. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he ate a lot of fast food when he gets to choose what he’s having for a meal. So he can’t eat fast food for every meal. But he could eat mostly fast food for the meals he chooses for himself. 

He is also, again, "widely rumored" to be paranoid that food cooked specifically for him could be poisoned. It's been reported that his paranoia is one reason that he eats fast food. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

Well. A certain Clinton did too;) Anyway He would not be the first or last president with very plebeian or unhealthy taste in food . We don’t really know and frankly when I think of Trump and his presidency whether he prefers Big Macs or Whoppers at lunch is not the issue I am concerned about :)

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Well. A certain Clinton did too;) Anyway He would not be the first or last president with very plebeian or unhealthy taste in food . We don’t really know and frankly when I think of Trump and his presidency whether he prefers Big Macs or Whoppers at lunch is not the issue I am concerned about :)

No one is arguing. We are simply stating what has been reported about Trump's dining habits. Why are you so defensive about this?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1

I said things that are “widely rumored” are usually not that completely credible. That’s not being defensive it’s being realistic and factual. 

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

I said things that are “widely rumored” are usually not that completely credible. That’s not being defensive it’s being realistic and factual. 

Who said it was a fact? 

Why are you so defensive about Trump's dining habits?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Move Along 6
  • WTF 1

6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Bill has altered his diet drastically in the last few years. I’m sure it’s added a few years to his life. 

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

No one is arguing. We are simply stating what has been reported about Trump's dining habits. Why are you so defensive about this?

Uh, she's not the one blowing up this thread with personal, emotional screeds filled with CRAZY FORMATTING!!!  (similar to a certain political figure you seemed to not be very fond of) and zero evidence backing up many of her claims. So maybe take a breath and catch some self-awareness here?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 4

Arguing about the amount of crap Trump intakes regularly is the most pointless drift ever. (Sorry)

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which is insane to me. He has access to healthy and nutritious food that can be cooked properly by a professional! He has what most people don’t! I would kill for a professional chef to cook healthy and delicious meals! 

So would I! I suffer from diverticulosis so I have to watch what I eat all the time. I'm currently avoiding greasy foods and dairy. If I had a chef, I would have him or her make me the most wonderful salads and seafood dishes.... light healthy but filling and tasty. I would much rather have a piece of ahi tuna than a Big Mac. 

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bill has altered his diet drastically in the last few years. I’m sure it’s added a few years to his life. 

He was infamous for his love of McDonald's but with health issues had to slow it down. Heart disease certainly contributed to a better diet. 

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So would I! I suffer from diverticulosis so I have to watch what I eat all the time. I'm currently avoiding greasy foods and dairy. If I had a chef, I would have him or her make me the most wonderful salads and seafood dishes.... light healthy but filling and tasty. I would much rather have a piece of ahi tuna than a Big Mac. 

He was infamous for his love of McDonald's but with health issues had to slow it down. Heart disease certainly contributed to a better diet. 

He’s vegan now. Which is so crazy to me because it’s so different from how he used to eat. But I’m sure he feels better. 

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Arguing about the amount of crap Trump intakes regularly is the most pointless drift ever. (Sorry)

Wonder if Trump has ever been to Cracker Barrel ;) 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Why is Kylie Jenner a billionaire? Easy access to capital and connections.  Additionally, Kris Jenner is an intelligent businesswoman who coached her.

So, the Twitter account for dictionary.com was all over this in the best possible way:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

I can't believe I skimmed/scrolled through the 200+ page affidavit listing the defendants and their bad acts.  Random observations:  It looks like some (maybe all?) of the kids had to have known what was going on (i.e., they weren't even in the geographic area when their tests were being given).  There are some photos showing how the kids' faces were photo-shopped onto real athletes.  And a handwriting sample for forged signatures, of course!  There are some transcripts where the scam testing company had to relay to the cheater parents that the company was either being audited or a university was conducting an internal review.  I am hoping it interrupted their sleep, ha ha! 

Glad they were caught.  I wonder if there are similar scams at other colleges.

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s vegan now. Which is so crazy to me because it’s so different from how he used to eat. But I’m sure he feels better. 

My dad had a heart attack and was very careful as to what he ate. He was doing fantastic. The last several years as my mom's dementia worsened he took over the "cooking" and they were existing on pizza, taquitos, frozen hamburgers....... I tried to get them to eat better. Sure enough, in a little over a year he had a quad bypass and a heart attack. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6