IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

In the picture at Gigi’s house she has a small, wooden ‘ornament’ tree, the kind that’s a pole with sticks to hang ornaments on. Sorry, I don’t know how to do a picture, but it’s in the upper right hand corner and is reflected on the wall and ironically looks like a cross on top even though it’s not intentional, it’s just how the reflection works. I’m glad that even though Steve thinks trees are bad Gigi still has a place to put her favorite ornaments and isn’t completely cowed by him. 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

3. Axton has a dummy. Good.*

*I might be wrong but I don't think I have seen any of the the other Max babies with dummies? It's not that I am militantly pro dummy. It's just that I think if he is a dummy baby, he is a dummy baby, and I'm glad he has one.  

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Actually some of the other Max babies have had dummies. There are photos of Drew as a newborn in hospital with one. I think some of the others have had them too but I don’t remember which ones.

What is a dummy? In my neck of the woods (southeast US), I've only heard "dummy" refer to a store manikin or someone being an idiot.  And going by context clues I don't think either is being referred to here. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

A pacifier, IIRC.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

19 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

. I also find it curious that neither Anna or Mary watched Axton overnight for them. And who knows why. Maybe they were already babysitting that night or possibly Chelsy doesn’t do a strict schedule with Axton and Anna and Mary don’t know how to do that.  

Bontragers are like Maxwells in scheduling terms. And their posts about raising little kids sound even worse than Maxwell ones. They are fine with corporal punishment and are convinced that toddlers can understand&act as adults. 

I don't know if Chelsy is strict or not. But definitely, grandma Bontrager is not Mary Poppins.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

From what I’ve seen and heard, corporal punishment is very normal with the Amish. I would be shocked if the Bontragers were against spanking. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

From what I’ve seen and heard, corporal punishment is very normal with the Amish. I would be shocked if the Bontragers were against spanking. 

They have posted about it, if I recall correctly. Of course they use it and are proud of it. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I’m imagining a mess to clean up. Does it not spray much out each time? I’m intrigued. 

I've not seen one up close, but the commercials show picnic food covered in salt as the shooter fires at food covered in flies, imagine cups of salt all over hot dogs in a bun or slices of watermelon, no thank you.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:21 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s probably one of the only ones I could imagine agreeing to do this. I can’t see Steve or Teri doing an overnight.

An overnighter would throw the whole schedule out of whack.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, EmmaWoodhouse said:

What is a dummy? In my neck of the woods (southeast US), I've only heard "dummy" refer to a store manikin or someone being an idiot.  And going by context clues I don't think either is being referred to here. ?

Yes pacifier.  Binkie? I think is another term. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Chelsy and John's Christmas Day looks nice - celebrating just among themselves and creating their own traditions separate from the Borg.

And if you ever needed more evidence that the Bontragers are just as patriarchal a-holes as the rest of the fundies, here you'll get it. At the Bontrager family cathering, all the GRANDSONS got little play tractors, not poor Jubilee. Because why on Earth would a mere girl want to play with tractors or trucks?? That's right Jubilee, you'll get to ride on a tractor only when you bring lunch for your manly brothers/father/husband driving that tractor.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3

On 2/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Bontragers are like Maxwells in scheduling terms. And their posts about raising little kids sound even worse than Maxwell ones. They are fine with corporal punishment and are convinced that toddlers can understand&act as adults. 

I don't know if Chelsy is strict or not. But definitely, grandma Bontrager is not Mary Poppins.

I can tell you for a fact that the Maxwells are ok with corporal punishment as well. Teri used to talk about it back in the Momsboard days.

• Upvote 9

On 2/4/2020 at 1:16 PM, Dru said:

I can tell you for a fact that the Maxwells are ok with corporal punishment as well. Teri used to talk about it back in the Momsboard days.

On the blog she talked about timeout punishments for not doing chores. The timeout had to be longer than the chore.

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

On the blog she talked about timeout punishments for not doing chores. The timeout had to be longer than the chore.

Knowing how Teri felt about motherhood back then, I imagine very long time outs being the norm. She probably just wanted a break away from them at every chance she got.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Knowing how Teri felt about motherhood back then, I imagine very long time outs being the norm. She probably just wanted a break away from them at every chance she got.

I could be remembering wrong, but I could swear there was something about when they were little spending hours in their rooms until Steve got home?  Idk if it was a punishment or Steve's horrible way of making sure she wasn't overwhelmed?  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I could be remembering wrong, but I could swear there was something about when they were little spending hours in their rooms until Steve got home?  Idk if it was a punishment or Steve's horrible way of making sure she wasn't overwhelmed?  

I think on days where she was overwhelmed, Steve told her to just put them in their rooms until he got home and then he would take care of the kids. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

The one about being in the rooms sounds pretty mainstream to me though . . . if my mom was tired or overwhelmed we were either sent outside (she would literally lock the side door lol) with hose water to drink & the laundry room bathroom to pee, and our imaginations OR we were sent to our rooms to read or play quietly with our toys. I don't think these count as punishments or anything. 

But  I don't doubt they really do use corporal punishment as well. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think on days where she was overwhelmed, Steve told her to just put them in their rooms until he got home and then he would take care of the kids. 

I think that was it.  And that's a good thing ONCE, to keep them safe, while he and Teri figure out the long term solution to her being overwhelmed which would have been school and birth control.  

27 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

The one about being in the rooms sounds pretty mainstream to me though . . . if my mom was tired or overwhelmed we were either sent outside (she would literally lock the side door lol) with hose water to drink & the laundry room bathroom to pee, and our imaginations OR we were sent to our rooms to read or play quietly with our toys. I don't think these count as punishments or anything. 

But  I don't doubt they really do use corporal punishment as well. 

It depends how often it was used.  He worked all day, she was home with the kids...if they had to stay quietly in their rooms until he got home more than very, very infrequently it's very fucked up.  I get she was overwhelmed, but you find the solution that doesn't involve ignoring children for hours at a time.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Some time ago, I read a bunch of the "Corners" going back many years.  I would swear I read one talking about when Terri was first homeschooling.  She told Steve she couldn't handle homeschooling, so Steve told her to just shut the kids in their rooms all day and he would home school them at night.  Of course Terri felt guilty, so she ended up doing the homeschooling.  I have gone back looking for the post and can't find it, but I'm sure I saw it.  

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

we were either sent outside (she would literally lock the side door lol) with hose water to drink & the laundry room bathroom

Mmmm...hose water. That sure brings back hot Florida summers for me!

• I Agree 2

On 12/31/2019 at 10:10 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

We have a rule about spoilers for multiple pics so I put the first one under a spoiler.

It doesn't technically break a rule (I don't think - I'm checking), but it made me really uncomfortable and is wildly disrespectful to women who have done nothing except be born into their father's cult.  I give Teri less of a pass than most people, but this isn't commentary on her actions, it's just sexually humiliating her for sport and I think it's really inappropriate.

My goodness. The picture has been posted many times on here by me and other users and for the record was not photoshopped by me. I thought this was a snark sight?  If you applied your mind, my post  was two fingers up at Stevie rather than be a slave for the Dugger lovers on here.

I will say goodnight and goodbye  to Freejiner, but @jaybakker is someone to follow.....

Blessed blessings and goodbye Xxx

Edited by johnhugh
  • Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • WTF 2

On 2/3/2020 at 1:54 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Jesse and Joseph had been in Las Vegas, too. Nathan went to a regular gym. All of them are deep fundie and entitled, but have relaxed whatever beliefs than suit them. But if I don't see improvements in their kids lives, I'm sorry, I'm not going to consider them better than Teri and Steve.

I'm not surprised Axton was with Grandma Bontrager. Teri is unable to babysit more than 5 minutes. And the aunties must be really really busy with Christopher 5 children! The other extended families are too busy with their own babies.

But Grandma Bon is all about schedules and hitting and thinks that toddlers must react as adults. So no, not a good idea having her as a babysitter.

All little Maxwells have nice toys, bikes, books etc. Including Christopher children. There are pictures and even there was an old post about favourite toys.

They are different. No better. Exactly, Melissa.

10 hours ago, johnhugh said:

My goodness. The picture has been posted many times on here by me and other users and for the record was not photoshopped by me. I thought this was a snark sight?  If you applied your mind, my post  was two fingers up at Stevie rather than be a slave for the Dugger lovers on here.

I will say goodnight and goodbye  to Freejiner, but @jaybakker is someone to follow.....

Blessed blessings and goodbye Xxx

Don't go! People have differences of opinion and I think things are just very intense in the world these days with all the political upheaval!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I don't think posting that meme was any worse than much extreme snark I see here. Sexuality is a big part of their image and as such, they ought expect shit.

We use the argument to validate all sorts of things (pregnancy speculation, sexuality speculation, household cleanliness, cooking skillz) that should be part of their brand. If it fits, we can snark.

So, yeah, maybe this is a bit distasteful? I think they'll survive.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Stud John get your ass out of the recliner and let your pregnant wife sit there.  Or have one of your worthless siblings switch places with her.

IMG_8224.JPEG

Edited by SPHASH
Eta
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic