IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

Birkenstocks have ruined my feet.  I have been wearing only birks for a good 25 years.  Mainly Birkenstock London but I have heard that they have been discontinued.  I am screwed.   I wear them into the winter as long as I can then grudgingly pull out my clunky massive sorels.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Hang on to something tight cuz your gonna hit the fucking floor.  Stud John and Judgy Chelsy went to a, brace yourself, a sporting event!  In Vegas!  

A gave this post an upvote only because we don't have a JAW ON THE FLOOR vote!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy made a post summarizing her holidays with family. That gift in the tree was a salt gun. I’m not really sure what that is used for. Maybe cutting lettuce?

You're not going to believe this, but it's for shooting flies.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really do wonder what Steve thought of the trip to Vegas. 

I am so proud of them.  Granted it was the National Finals Rodeo and not the Super Bowl (Go 49ers!) but that event is a huge deal.  I have a cousin that was on his college rodeo team.  Coward Steve's beliefs on sports is what pisses me off the most.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

53 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I am so proud of them.  Granted it was the National Finals Rodeo and not the Super Bowl (Go 49ers!) but that event is a huge deal.  I have a cousin that was on his college rodeo team.  Coward Steve's beliefs on sports is what pisses me off the most.

Chelsy being the farmgirl that she is probably helped influence John in the decision to go to a rodeo in Vegas. Maybe John always had rebellious inclinations and having Chelsy tell him it’s ok to enjoy those things helps him feel less Maxhell guilt about it. 

• Upvote 13

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy made a post summarizing her holidays with family. That gift in the tree was a salt gun. I’m not really sure what that is used for. Maybe cutting lettuce?

Killing demons 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 15

I liked looking at Chelsy’s photos from the holidays. Glad she and John went to the rodeo in Vegas and that she didn’t hide her clothing choices. Interesting that they got her mom to come from out of state to babysit while so many Maxwells were within a one mile circumference. 

• Upvote 14

25 minutes ago, Markie said:

I liked looking at Chelsy’s photos from the holidays. Glad she and John went to the rodeo in Vegas and that she didn’t hide her clothing choices. Interesting that they got her mom to come from out of state to babysit while so many Maxwells were within a one mile circumference. 

I think it’s interesting too. Do the Maxwell’s actually do Amy overnight babysitting? It seems like the aunties, Steve, and Teri do most of their babysitting during the daytime. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy being the farmgirl that she is probably helped influence John in the decision to go to a rodeo in Vegas. Maybe John always had rebellious inclinations and having Chelsy tell him it’s ok to enjoy those things helps him feel less Maxhell guilt about it. 

According to the blog post, John had been before on his own!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

You're not going to believe this, but it's for shooting flies.

How do you shoot a fly? They are so tiny and fast. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s interesting too. Do the Maxwell’s actually do Amy overnight babysitting? It seems like the aunties, Steve, and Teri do most of their babysitting during the daytime. 

There has been some. I think it was Anna, who went over there to stay with one set of kids while their parents went to some conference. She talked of the round-and-round prayer time with the kids.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

5 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

There has been some. I think it was Anna, who went over there to stay with one set of kids while their parents went to some conference. She talked of the round-and-round prayer time with the kids.

She’s probably one of the only ones I could imagine agreeing to do this. I can’t see Steve or Teri doing an overnight.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s probably one of the only ones I could imagine agreeing to do this. I can’t see Steve or Teri doing an overnight.

I don’t think Steve and Teri would agree with the outing so would not support it by babysitting. Since Sarah, Anna and Mary all fall under Steve’s umbrella of authority, they wouldn’t be able to babysit either. Or Grandma Botty might just have offered her services. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I loved the holidays post from Chelsy. They are my favorite Maxwells and I love that the post is open about so many things. Hooray for them for going to the NFR. The fact that not only they, but Joseph and Jesse have been to Las Vegas of all places surprises me so much. They grew up in a house where tv was banned and were made to keep their eyes closed during a bible themed movie, yet they go to Sin City and survived. I also find it curious that neither Anna or Mary watched Axton overnight for them. And who knows why. Maybe they were already babysitting that night or possibly Chelsy doesn’t do a strict schedule with Axton and Anna and Mary don’t know how to do that.  Chelsy wearing jeans in the maternity pics Sarah took as well as during the family caroling is huge!!!

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, jiggleromp said:

Birkenstocks have ruined my feet.  I have been wearing only birks for a good 25 years.  Mainly Birkenstock London but I have heard that they have been discontinued.  I am screwed.   I wear them into the winter as long as I can then grudgingly pull out my clunky massive sorels.

I have to take this opportunity to sing the praises of the BEST DRESS(ey) SHOES EVER.  You guys, I get blisters so easily. I can't wear any kind of office appropriate heels or flats without getting blistered like crazy.  We also can't wear sneakers where I work. 8-12 years ago, I lived in NYC and happened to walk past a shoe store, so I decided to stop in, that's where I found these. https://lamourdespieds.com/product/BRENN-LEROG .  I can wear them casually, I can wear them to work, and to fancy events. THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE. Yes they are a little pricey, but trust me, they are so worth the investment. I feel so lucky that in all this time this "Brenn" style has not been discontinued.  Over the past 12 years i've bought 6 pairs ? because I've been scared they will be discontinued.  I still have the original pair that I bought, and walked all over NYC in them.  The soles in that pair do have some significant wear in them now, but they are still wearable, (though I choose not to as my other pairs have more support) and i've never had blisters.

No I don't work for this company lol.  I just love these shoes so damn much.  I get tons of compliments too when I wear them.  My mom has also been converted, and she owns 2 pair. 

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Those guns a called a bug-a-salt rifle, they shoot coarse salt, like kosher salt, like birdshot.  If you fire a couple of hundred grains of salt at a high speed, you are bound to hit something.  There are some hilarious commercials on TV during the summer months

• WTF 1

29 minutes ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Those guns a called a bug-a-salt rifle, they shoot coarse salt, like kosher salt, like birdshot.  If you fire a couple of hundred grains of salt at a high speed, you are bound to hit something.  There are some hilarious commercials on TV during the summer months

I’m imagining a mess to clean up. Does it not spray much out each time? I’m intrigued. 

6 hours ago, Kelsey said:

It probably isn't much different than mosquito hunting. 

Spoiler

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

A few things I gleaned from looking at Chelsy's blog photos;

1. Axton got actual toys. Good.

2. Why do they sit side-by-side when they are the only people at the table. It could just be me but it seems harder to chat that way. (I'm judging this by the place settings at the table.)

3. Axton has a dummy. Good.*

*I might be wrong but I don't think I have seen any of the the other Max babies with dummies? It's not that I am militantly pro dummy. It's just that I think if he is a dummy baby, he is a dummy baby, and I'm glad he has one.  

• Upvote 2

On 2/1/2020 at 6:45 PM, SPHASH said:

Hang on to something tight cuz your gonna hit the fucking floor.  Stud John and Judgy Chelsy went to a, brace yourself, a sporting event!  In Vegas!  

This actually isn't a surprise to me. John has been to Vegas at least once for his annual Irrigation conference. Also Nathan still follows sports. He was publicly following sports teams on his Facebook account at one point. I am happy to see her openly post about doing something so "frivolous" and fun with her husband. Especially after having kids.

9 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

According to the blog post, John had been before on his own!

See above.

7 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I loved the holidays post from Chelsy. They are my favorite Maxwells and I love that the post is open about so many things. Hooray for them for going to the NFR. The fact that not only they, but Joseph and Jesse have been to Las Vegas of all places surprises me so much. They grew up in a house where tv was banned and were made to keep their eyes closed during a bible themed movie, yet they go to Sin City and survived. I also find it curious that neither Anna or Mary watched Axton overnight for them. And who knows why. Maybe they were already babysitting that night or possibly Chelsy doesn’t do a strict schedule with Axton and Anna and Mary don’t know how to do that.  Chelsy wearing jeans in the maternity pics Sarah took as well as during the family caroling is huge!!!

I loved this post for many reasons. Lots of Chelsy wearing pants, which actually isn't a surprise if you've ever looked at her Pinterest boards, yummy food, real games, and people who genuinely look happy. I also love that she and John aren't shy about having date nights as parents.

Not going to lie, the pics of John with Axton melt my heart. Not me! Just my heart! Lol Perhaps from growing up with an absentee father.

Also Movie Night! Sorry, not sorry, Steve.

I often wonder how Anna and Chris's girls will react and question when they realize how differently their aunts and cousins dress than they and mom do.

• Upvote 6

I notice Chelsy and John put up some evergreen garland with lights, and it does look nice, but I guess having a tree is still Strictly Forbidden in Maxhell. Such a fragile faith they have, that a mere Christmas tree with ornaments can shatter it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Jesse and Joseph had been in Las Vegas, too. Nathan went to a regular gym. All of them are deep fundie and entitled, but have relaxed whatever beliefs than suit them. But if I don't see improvements in their kids lives, I'm sorry, I'm not going to consider them better than Teri and Steve.

I'm not surprised Axton was with Grandma Bontrager. Teri is unable to babysit more than 5 minutes. And the aunties must be really really busy with Christopher 5 children! The other extended families are too busy with their own babies.

But Grandma Bon is all about schedules and hitting and thinks that toddlers must react as adults. So no, not a good idea having her as a babysitter.

3 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

. Axton got actual toys. Good.

All little Maxwells have nice toys, bikes, books etc. Including Christopher children. There are pictures and even there was an old post about favourite toys.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Myfanwy said:

A few things I gleaned from looking at Chelsy's blog photos;

1. Axton got actual toys. Good.

2. Why do they sit side-by-side when they are the only people at the table. It could just be me but it seems harder to chat that way. (I'm judging this by the place settings at the table.)

3. Axton has a dummy. Good.*

*I might be wrong but I don't think I have seen any of the the other Max babies with dummies? It's not that I am militantly pro dummy. It's just that I think if he is a dummy baby, he is a dummy baby, and I'm glad he has one.  

Actually some of the other Max babies have had dummies. There are photos of Drew as a newborn in hospital with one. I think some of the others have had them too but I don’t remember which ones.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic