IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Yes, remember the very reluctant engagement announcement? 

(paraphrasing) "We don't like to announce engagements before the wedding (ever since that meanie Elizabeth dumped our prince of a son, Joseph, practically at the altar) , but since the Bontrager's already announced it on their (crummy old) blog (the big mouths), we're forced to act happy and wish our other prince of a son, John, much happiness.  Oh yeah, and lots of wishes (some good) to old whats her name he is marrying too."

This is awesome!  You have perfectly captured the voice of the Maxwell borg!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Eh, I wear skinny jeans or leggings with long tunic tops and both my NY fashionista sister and on-trend Brooklynite daughter Approved (which trust me, almost never happens ?) so to me, Chelsy looks comfortable and fashionable. And TBH, I think it’s a much nicer look that the current maternity trend that has everyone dressed like a hot dog that swallowed a bowling ball.

But congrats to them and to Sarah for not getting the vapors when photographing them. Not only did she have to endure Chelsy’s jeans but also bear witness to and capture for all eternity some rather passionate embraces, the likes of which have probably never been seen in Maxhell. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Yes, remember the very reluctant engagement announcement? 

(paraphrasing) "We don't like to announce engagements before the wedding (ever since that meanie Elizabeth dumped our prince of a son, Joseph, practically at the altar) , but since the Bontrager's already announced it on their (crummy old) blog (the big mouths), we're forced to act happy and wish our other prince of a son, John, much happiness.  Oh yeah, and lots of wishes (some good) to old whats her name he is marrying too."

Love this!  You summed The Maxwell’s very well! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Judgy Chelsy and Stud John's wedding anniversary is tomorrow.  There will be an anniversary/baby post plus it falls in the M-W-F post SCHEDULE.  Bank on it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Judgy Chelsy and Stud John's wedding anniversary is tomorrow.  There will be an anniversary/baby post plus it falls in the M-W-F post SCHEDULE.  Bank on it.

The Maxwells are so predictable. At least Chelsy and John aren’t as predictable.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, grammyj said:

Well, to be fair, i think once the sons marry, Steve respects their headships of their own homes. I say this because I remember one Corners or something where he said he was glad Nathan didn't do Easter baskets, but it was Nathan's choice.

Chelsy might be wearing jeans but she's covered with the dress-like tunic, so nothing too radical. Now if she was wearing jeans and shirt that would be a whole new matter.  Don't a lot of the Bates girls wear pants in their own homes and dresses at Gil and Kelly's house out of respect for them ?  Something like that.

Honestly, i don't believe Steve takes  any control over what his married sons do. He figures if he raised them right, they'll do things his way anyway. Again, probably why he won't let daughters out of his control.  Goodness knows how those potential husbands were raised as Steve wasnt there to supervise it personally!

ETA, unless he has some financial hold over the.

Hold over his sons.

"Nathan's choice"

I bet Stevie's head exploded when he found out she was wearing jeans. I love IT! Lol

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Steve knows the Bontragers so I’m sure he always knew Chelsy might wear some clothing he didn’t approve of. The reds dress she wore when John proposed was probably much more anxiety producing than the jeans and tunic in the recent pics.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I like the blond highlights that Chelsy has in her hair, it's flattering but not overpowering.  Axton is really cute.   

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

13 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Ding ding ding! Just as you predicted, and not surprisingly, excludes all photos where her legs show.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 4/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, lilith said:

I’m pretty sure that if any Rod girl caught the attention of any high profile fundie lad, or even a fundie lad adjacent to a high profile family (like a Keller boy) she would instantly become Jill’s favourite and every week would suddenly be her week. 

Just reading this thread now, and it’s funny how this came true!

• Upvote 5

I dare someone to comment on the Titus post that that they enjoyed seeing all the pictures on Chelsey's blog.  Steve's head might explode.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

I’m guessing they will have a girl with the middle name Renee. The first name will be better than Axton. But most names are better than Axton.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Did people catch her interesting comment in her "random life" post.  She shared that she travelled extensively on her own throughout the fall because John was busy.  Here is her direct quote...."Sadly, due to other commitments, it didn't work out for John to go with us, but thankfully for me I have a father who taught me to be totally comfortable traveling on my own,..."

For me, this is even more significant that her wearing jeans.

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 8

10 minutes ago, daisyjane1234 said:

Did people catch her interesting comment in her "random life" post.  She shared that she travelled extensively on her own throughout the fall because John was busy.  Here is her direct quote...."Sadly, due to other commitments, it didn't work out for John to go with us, but thankfully for me I have a father who taught me to be totally comfortable traveling on my own,..."

Well if you actually read the post the only thing she really did by herself was driving to Iowa to see her family, which is like a 5 hour drive. It’s not too significant imo

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, daisyjane1234 said:

I don't think that was a shot at the Maxwell's because Sarah has travelled alone.

• Upvote 4

Maybe I suck as a mom but I never traveled for long distances alone in the car with just my baby. It was just too hard. I couldn’t drive and give my baby his pacifier when it popped out of his mouth or a toy when he dropped it on the floor for the millionth time. I always needed my husband to help. Good for her. Axton must be a fairly laid back little guy.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, daisyjane1234 said:

It could be significant if she would have praised her parents. But note she only talks about her father.  At least, Maxwell children recognise her mother's efforts and value, while Bontragers glorify men and only men. Bontragers are (even) more sexist than Maxwells, so I'm not sure who wins the crappy family contest. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bethy said:

Ding ding ding! Just as you predicted, and not surprisingly, excludes all photos where her legs show.

One Ton Ramp should offer a seminar on photoshopping out "inappropriate" content. " Photoshopping for Jesus"

"Photoshopping pants into skirts for Jesus"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't think that was a shot at the Maxwell's because Sarah has travelled alone.

From airport gate to airport gate.  Quite a different adventure with a baby on the interstate.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe I suck as a mom but I never traveled for long distances alone in the car with just my baby. It was just too hard. I couldn’t drive and give my baby his pacifier when it popped out of his mouth or a toy when he dropped it on the floor for the millionth time. I always needed my husband to help. Good for her. Axton must be a fairly laid back little guy.

I did it all the time ~ it isn’t that hard.  Just plan for stops.  Take you time & when the kids are asleep fill the tank, grab a monster & floor it!  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

One Ton Ramp should offer a seminar on photoshopping out "inappropriate" content. " Photoshopping for Jesus"

"Photoshopping pants into skirts for Jesus"

Remember this Photoshop fail by Poor Sarah:

IMG_2812-425x319.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

And the time Bethany’s tummy wasn’t allowed to show in the post where she and Abby were baptised:

A12CAB23-653B-4494-831F-A6E590068EED.thumb.jpeg.39a00c1b570e0b4a76b4615e3ff3dd65.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 12/29/2019 at 11:59 AM, SPHASH said:

Still better than what Amish Anna and her girls wear and what Griselda Teri and the Spinster Sisters used to wear.

This is literally what every teacher at my kids’ school wears.  Leggings with a tunic or shorter dress.  
I don’t think the blog will be scrubbed, because I don’t think Chelsy cares what Steve likes or doesn’t like.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

From airport gate to airport gate.  Quite a different adventure with a baby on the interstate.

I did it all the time ~ it isn’t that hard.  Just plan for stops.  Take you time & when the kids are asleep fill the tank, grab a monster & floor it!  

Both of mine cried most of the 80 mile drive to my hometown. And it usually ended in barfing everywhere. It was hard even with my husband’s help. I’ve always been jealous of those who had babies that tolerated the car.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It could be significant if she would have praised her parents. But note she only talks about her father.  At least, Maxwell children recognise her mother's efforts and value, while Bontragers glorify men and only men. Bontragers are (even) more sexist than Maxwells, so I'm not sure who wins the crappy family contest. 

I’ve always found it so strange that Chelsy and Allison don’t praise their mother to the skies like they do their fathers. I really wonder about Becky Bontrager. I really don’t think it’s because she’s female. Allison and Chelsy seemto love their grandmothers very much. Most fundie daughters praise their mothers so highly. I’ve rarely even heard Becky talk. Marlon does most of the talking. So I don’t know if Becky is just colder or more rigid than Marlon. Or if she’s just not close with Chelsy and Allison. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What am I not seeing?

Some Fjers believe that the maiden on the right has jeans photoshopped into a skirt. I don't feel certain about it.

Oh, and if you want to get a feel for Becky Bontrager's motherhood style, read her infamous post in which she argues that introverts are just being rude: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2016/12/shy-children-part-4-in-motherhood-series.html

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic