IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

We have a mega church here that does the Christmas pageant with real freakin' camels. I want, badly, to see it, but I can't justify going there and supporting the place.

A friend and I were in the Los Angeles area around Christmas many years ago, and drove over to the Crystal Cathedral to see the animals for their live nativity scene... somewhere, there's a photo of me with one of those young camels (like, printed photo, since this was pre-digital). We didn't go to the service or inside, just wandered around outside to see the critters. ? ? ? ? 

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember how the Bontragers would always do the live animal Christmas play? I don’t know if they posted about it last year. Maybe with 4 children married, they are less enthusiastic about it. 

Maybe, but they usually do a post after the show as well. Maybe they have been more focused with farm life with four children married, Alison traveling all over the world, and the younger ones involvement in the Bible Bee. It would not shock me if this time next year Alison and Denver are in courtships/engaged. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Maybe, but they usually do a post after the show as well. Maybe they have been more focused with farm life with four children married, Alison traveling all over the world, and the younger ones involvement in the Bible Bee. It would not shock me if this time next year Alison and Denver are in courtships/engaged. 

I think Allison’s much less depressed and somber postings are leaning towards her being in a relationship right now. However it could end and the depressed writings could start again. Or it will turn into an engagement that they would announce. They don’t talk about relationships until there’s an engagement. 

• Upvote 4

I hope Allison is in a courtship.  That way she will stop having incestuous fantasies about her brothers.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

On 10/7/2019 at 9:33 AM, SPHASH said:

That was a nice tribute Judgy Chelsy wrote about her granddad.  I wonder if the Maxgrands especially the girls will feel the same way about their Grandpa Steve.

It will be interesting. Joshua is so very clearly Steve's favorite and we don't ever see photos of him deep in conversation or doing things with, say, Abby. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

It will be interesting. Joshua is so very clearly Steve's favorite and we don't ever see photos of him deep in conversation or doing things with, say, Abby. 

Joshua is of course Steve’s favorite. He was the first male grandchild. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

She’s wearing sinful pants on the announcement photoshoot, and Sarah photographed it.

And not just pants, but JEANS! The manliest man pants of all! I wonder how Steve is going to crop or Photoshop these announcement pics to post on his blog? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

40 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

And not just pants, but JEANS! The manliest man pants of all! I wonder how Steve is going to crop or Photoshop these announcement pics to post on his blog? 

He’ll ignore it as long as he can.  Then it will be some passive aggressive post without pictures.

If Chelsy is wearing jeans in this photo shoot I think we are safe to assume she wears jeans whenever she wants, including to the Maxwell homestead. They honestly look very happy together without the usual Maxwell awkwardness.

• Upvote 8

Good on Judgy Chelsy for wearing jeans.  Hope Coward Steve doesn't jump on Stud John for letting his wife dress like a hussy.  I also hope the pics don't get edited or scrubbed so here are a few for posterity:

DSC_1425.jpg

DSC_1228.jpg

• Upvote 6

Oh, my dear fjers, that is the fundy version of wearing jeans.  Wear jeans, but with a knee length dress/tunic/maternity top.  That way the area where naughty happens is covered by not one, but two layers of fabric. (Actually, three if you count the appropriately modest undergarment.)

I remember when the Pennington girls adopted a similar look awhile back -- leggings worn with a cute knee-length dress. 

Back when I was in 3rd-4th grade, in the 1950s, we lived in Anchorage, AK.  The school had two shifts and we were in the morning one.  We waited for the school bus out in the dark in (at times) sub zero temps.  Dress for girls at that time involved big petticoats under shortish skirts.  While waiting for the bus, we wore lined snow pants to keep our legs from actually freezing, but those pants came off the minute we got to school, because girls didn't wear pants, ya know. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oh, my dear fjers, that is the fundy version of wearing jeans.  Wear jeans, but with a knee length dress/tunic/maternity top.  That way the area where naughty happens is covered by not one, but two layers of fabric. 

I remember when the Pennington girls adopted a similar look awhile back -- leggings worn with a cute knee-length dress. 

Still better than what Amish Anna and her girls wear and what Griselda Teri and the Spinster Sisters used to wear.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Now that she's broken the pants barrier, the tops can get shorter and shorter.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

36 minutes ago, Howl said:

remember when the Pennington girls adopted a similar look awhile back -- leggings worn with a cute knee-length dress. 

And now look at them! They all wear mainstream clothing now. Even though two still seem quite fundie.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

the manliest man pants of all!

Shower thought: does the manliness of jeans beat the womanliness of being pregnant or visa versa?

?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Oh, my dear fjers, that is the fundy version of wearing jeans.  Wear jeans, but with a knee length dress/tunic/maternity top.  That way the area where naughty happens is covered by not one, but two layers of fabric. (Actually, three if you count the appropriately modest undergarment.)

Back when I was in 3rd-4th grade, in the 1950s, we lived in Anchorage, AK.  The school had two shifts and we were in the morning one.  We waited for the school bus out in the dark in (at times) sub zero temps.  Dress for girls at that time involved big petticoats under shortish skirts.  While waiting for the bus, we wore lined snow pants to keep our legs from actually freezing, but those pants came off the minute we got to school, because girls didn't wear pants, ya know. 

Same here in 1960's New England.  We girls were required to wear dresses in school and wore snow pants under them to walk to school in the winter.  We felt so foolish, and had to take them off as soon as we got to school.

That foolishness ended by the time I was in 7th grade, thank goodness.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Howl said:

It is, but...

This is a sect where they're likely practicing the philosophy that "naked" starts at the kneecap and anything form-fitting also counts as "naked." We've never seen the outline of a female leg above the knee in Maxhell, ever.

Well, that's not true. There was that picture of Sarah in pants. From before she was school-age.

For Maxhell, this is groundbreaking. Though on the main Maxwell thread we're debating whether N&M's "crew" wears pants when they're with Mel's family or just whenever nobody else from the borg is around. Everything we have to work with over there was snatched off of Mel's sister's IG/FB stories. This was posted, publicly, by someone whose last name is Maxwell.

ETA: Remember Olivia from Fresh Modesty? Tunic long enough to cover her bum was her personal standard for modest wearing of jeans, so this follows this rule, but Olivia took some major flak from readers for "compromising" and wearing pants at all.

Edited by Bethy
remembered more details
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Bethy said:

It is, but...

This is a sect where they're likely practicing the philosophy that "naked" starts at the kneecap and anything form-fitting also counts as "naked." We've never seen the outline of a female leg above the knee in Maxhell, ever.

Well, that's not true. There was that picture of Sarah in pants. From before she was school-age.

For Maxhell, this is groundbreaking. Though on the main Maxwell thread we're debating whether N&M's "crew" wears pants when they're with Mel's family or just whenever nobody else from the borg is around. Everything we have to work with over there was snatched off of Mel's sister's IG/FB stories. This was posted, publicly, by someone whose last name is Maxwell.

So how mad are S and T?  Cursing the day John got ensnared by that worldly, flashy, Bontrager clan?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I think we all saw this coming. Chelsy has worn jeans before marriage. Hopefully John and Chelsy are feeling more confident in their life decisions and feel comfortable not following Steve’s ridiculous rules now that they have their own family. 

But I’m sure they still follow like 95% of the Maxwell rules. And will in the near future. 

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think we all saw this coming. Chelsy has worn jeans before marriage. Hopefully John and Chelsy are feeling more confident in their life decisions and feel comfortable not following Steve’s ridiculous rules now that they have their own family. 

But I’m sure they still follow like 95% of the Maxwell rules. And will in the near future. 

She did - and there was even a picture of her riding a horse or something in jeans (you know, something where jeans would be TOTALLY APPROPRIATE?!) - I believe it was on her blog, and of course everybody freaked out about it, and it got scrubbed/replaced with a pic from a different angle that didn't show the jeans.

They probably will still follow many of the Maxwell rules. The clothing one is absolutely huge, though. Somewhere on the blog (before his wedding, I would guess 2007-2009ish) there's an essay Christopher wrote about how important a Christian's dress is because it sets him/her apart as ambassadors to the world. 

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in T&S's house when Sarah came home from that photo shoot.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Better than Chelsy in jeans is Chelsy announcing her pregnancy herself on HER blog independent of the Maxborg.  Bet there will be a forced enthusiasm when it gets posted in Tits2.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Well, to be fair, i think once the sons marry, Steve respects their headships of their own homes. I say this because I remember one Corners or something where he said he was glad Nathan didn't do Easter baskets, but it was Nathan's choice.

Chelsy might be wearing jeans but she's covered with the dress-like tunic, so nothing too radical. Now if she was wearing jeans and shirt that would be a whole new matter.  Don't a lot of the Bates girls wear pants in their own homes and dresses at Gil and Kelly's house out of respect for them ?  Something like that.

Honestly, i don't believe Steve takes  any control over what his married sons do. He figures if he raised them right, they'll do things his way anyway. Again, probably why he won't let daughters out of his control.  Goodness knows how those potential husbands were raised as Steve wasnt there to supervise it personally!

ETA, unless he has some financial hold over the.

Hold over his sons.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Better than Chelsy in jeans is Chelsy announcing her pregnancy herself on HER blog independent of the Maxborg.  Bet there will be a forced enthusiasm when it gets posted in Tits2.

Yes, remember the very reluctant engagement announcement? 

(paraphrasing) "We don't like to announce engagements before the wedding (ever since that meanie Elizabeth dumped our prince of a son, Joseph, practically at the altar) , but since the Bontrager's already announced it on their (crummy old) blog (the big mouths), we're forced to act happy and wish our other prince of a son, John, much happiness.  Oh yeah, and lots of wishes (some good) to old whats her name he is marrying too."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic