IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

While I tend to agree with you I think the non-favoured Rod girls have a better shot, simply because they would transfer to the new family.  Of course they'd have to time it so Jill was distracted by something to do with her favourites.

I’m pretty sure that if any Rod girl caught the attention of any high profile fundie lad, or even a fundie lad adjacent to a high profile family (like a Keller boy) she would instantly become Jill’s favourite and every week would suddenly be her week. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

On 4/5/2019 at 5:04 AM, PennySycamore said:

@Hane,  I was just reading an article the other day about an experienced sailor who had a psychotic break while sailing from Beaufort, SC down to the Caribbean, attacked the captain and ended up jumping or being swept overboard.  His scopolamine patch, which he used for his sea sickness, was to blame for the psychotic break.  Also, if you saw the episode of Mad Men where Betty gave birth, she had been given scopolamine.  

Nitrous oxide is occasionally used in labor in the US and its use might be growing.  

I've also heard of scopolamine being used as a proverbial "mickey" being slipped into drinks to incapacitate people. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I've also heard of scopolamine being used as a proverbial "mickey" being slipped into drinks to incapacitate people. 

Doesn’t scopolamine make people really gullible/vulnerable to suggestion? Or am I thinking of something else?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lilith said:

Doesn’t scopolamine make people really gullible/vulnerable to suggestion? Or am I thinking of something else?

Yes, I think that's the one. Makes people vulnerable to suggestion. I've heard stories of criminals giving people scopolamine and then taking them to ATMs and telling them to give them all their money, and they just obey. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

On 4/13/2019 at 5:27 AM, lilith said:

I believe it used to be administered to people being interrogated by law enforcement, as a "truth serum". It's not that, but it does help the interrogators get the statements they are looking for, not necessarily truth.

I have used scopalomine patches for sailing, and for bus rides in developing countries where the roads are bad and the bus suspensions worse. They've never made me feel anything but just slightly mellow. And thirsty. Hoo, boy do they make me thirsty.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Allison is visiting Chelsy again. Axton did not disappoint with those Maxwell/Bontrager eyes! His side eye game is fierce. 

6CC935ED-C77D-4CB8-8C8C-702655C93BC4.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison is visiting Chelsy again. Axton did not disappoint with those Maxwell/Bontrager eyes! His side eye game is fierce. 

6CC935ED-C77D-4CB8-8C8C-702655C93BC4.jpeg

Oh he’s gorgeous! 

I really wish Chelsy would do an “adjusting to motherhood” blog post. And post her birth story. I’m very disappointed she isn’t blogging more and providing an unauthorised by Steve glimpse into Maxhell. She’s been blogging for a long time - she might just be busy with John and Axton, she might want more privacy, but I hope she’s allowed to keep blogging if she wants to.

She didn’t accept my follow request on Instagram but she has over a thousand followers so surely she accepts some randoms. It’s pretty obvious I’m a fundie follower from my accounts follows though, so maybe that’s why she didn’t accept.

• Upvote 8

Chelsy has been posting some pretty snarky replies to comments on her blog asking when she will be providing more info on her birth story and adjusting to being a mom.  They are on her most "recent" post announcing that Ax was born.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

Chelsy has been posting some pretty snarky replies to comments on her blog asking when she will be providing more info on her birth story and adjusting to being a mom.  They are on her most "recent" post announcing that Ax was born.

That response was just rude. All Chelsy had to say was something like “There’s more going on right now and I’ll update when I can. Thanks for following!” The whole you can unfollow if you don’t want to wait was out of line in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

My guess is that the Bontragers can’t handle anyone disagreeing with them or being negative toward them in any way. I doubt I would like them much more than the Maxwell’s. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

The comment that triggeredChelsy's response was a bit passive aggressive. It's her choice whether to share her story and when to do so, she doesn't owe it to anyone just because she use to blog. And making the choice to prioritise spending time with her tiny baby over writing for strangers on the internet is understandable. 

I'll criticise her for being complicit in a patriarchal cult but not for that response. YMMV... 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

I find it a bit ironic that she doesn't have time to blog, but is clearly checking your blog comments and commenting. You think she just wouldn't bother responding at all.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

The comment that triggeredChelsy's response was a bit passive aggressive. It's her choice whether to share her story and when to do so, she doesn't owe it to anyone just because she use to blog. And making the choice to prioritise spending time with her tiny baby over writing for strangers on the internet is understandable. 

I'll criticise her for being complicit in a patriarchal cult but not for that response. YMMV... 

I agree.  I'm sure if they had asked more nicely she would have responded in kind.

I do hope she continues blogging, but I certainly understand how she might not have as much time.  I know when my dd was an infant, I could barely keep my head above water. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Honestly, I thought Diana was rude in her follow-up response and I don't think Chelsy was out of line responding the way she did.

She made it clear in her first response she's very busy now (understandably) and would post at some future point.  It  seems like Diana should have accepted that instead of "Well you started the story and now we deserve the ending", or whatever she wrote.

And didn't Chelsy share a good portion of the birth story right after Ax was born?

• Upvote 8

Here's a screenshot of the comment and Chelsy's response. (For any one who doesn't want to bother to look it up.)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190429-125707.thumb.jpg.012153730591b592b4c14e8cc5b8f1ff.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

Diane was just being a bitch. Chelsy was perfectly lovely in her other responses. Nobody is entitled to her birth story at all, let alone within a certain timeframe.

Another pic of Axton’s intense stare:

B768A2BB-91E5-46F7-A909-22032ABA9155.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

Does Chelsey read here? Suddenly we have a blog post up saying to expect another blog post up soon... Oh and wait there's more! My kids is cute and it's not just me because other people say he's cute too AND if you click this link now you can have your baby wear his shirt too!

Oh Chelsey...please girl ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Does Chelsey read here? Suddenly we have a blog post up saying to expect another blog post up soon... Oh and wait there's more! My kids is cute and it's not just me because other people say he's cute too AND if you click this link now you can have your baby wear his shirt too!

I think it is because of “Diana’s” post. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

It has been a long time since she posted. I hope she doesn’t feel obligated to share her birth story. I’ll give her a pass on the my baby is the cutest because almost everyone says that about their babies. 

• Upvote 8

On 5/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, Bazinga said:

She can post / share or not as she sees fit. It's her choice, not anyone else's.

What I find questionable - or maybe just typical Maxhellian / Bontrager-ish - is that when she does post three months after the baby is born it's not to give updates or just share pictures or gush about her son and motherhood, but to get money from an affiliate link. In the same week Sarah did an affiliate post about her phone case. 

Must be on the schedule; first week of May, affiliate links on the blogs. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

1597990124_ScreenShot2019-05-10at11_10_14PM.png.da3263ac56dd319284fd929e78fa43f1.png

Joshua Bontrager wrote a blog post about Chelsy and John's visit to Iowa. They did a photoshoot with the whole Bontrager family, and I agree with everyone above; Axton's expressions are the best! Look at him scowling away on the right! ?

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic