IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

On 4/5/2019 at 9:15 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he’s spent a lot of time at Steve’s “church,” he has seen it all. Poor kid probably already wants to make a break for it ;)

Free Axton!

• Upvote 7

This is total BEC but I really wish Chels and John would finish their window trim!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is total BEC but I really wish Chels and John would finish their window trim!!

Same. It’s been like that since they moved in! They did this huge amount of housework before they were married. Then once they married, almost all of it stopped. I think John put in a new window and they likely put together a baby nursery. But not much else has seemed to happen on the house.

My guess? They are too busy in the bedroom to get anything done outside of it. And now that they have a baby, they have no time. That’s probably a major downfall to waiting for marriage. After you get married, you spend all your free time boning and get nothing done. Then a baby comes along because you don’t believe in birth control and you have even less time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Same. It’s been like that since they moved in! They did this huge amount of housework before they were married. Then once they married, almost all of it stopped. I think John put in a new window and they likely put together a baby nursery. But not much else has seemed to happen on the house.

My guess? They are too busy in the bedroom to get anything done outside of it. And now that they have a baby, they have no time. That’s probably a major downfall to waiting for marriage. After you get married, you spend all your free time boning and get nothing done. Then a baby comes along because you don’t believe in birth control and you have even less time. 

I would say it’s also the downfall of buying a fixer upper and not getting it done before marriage. If the maxwell boys were aloud to buy a house and live on their own before marriage it would help. They aren’t a good example of buying a house debt free. Buying a house that needs thousands of dollars worth and not having time or money to do it all before you get married isn’t a set up for success. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

They're always bragging about how they get together and do house projects at eachother's homes.

Why not make that a project some Saturday?  It wouldn't take long at all with several of them helping out.

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, kpmom said:

They're always bragging about how they get together and do house projects at eachother's homes.

Why not make that a project some Saturday?  It wouldn't take long at all with several of them helping out.

It might upset the all mighty schedule and if Chelsy decides that weekend to go back to Iowa or some friends call and they are in town, then chaos will ensue! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, kpmom said:

I've also wondered that--but I wonder if John & Chels don't want the Maxwell herd in their house that much. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I've also wondered that--but I wonder if John & Chels don't want the Maxwell herd in their house that much. 

I doubt it. I am betting it is because Chelsy was pregnant and they were avoiding sanding, painting and such - and any chaos that was not directly baby related.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Chelsea is actually not spelled Chelsy.
  • Upvote 3

On 4/5/2019 at 9:45 PM, HoneyBunny said:

He is a darling baby.  He also looks very Bontrager, which makes him a lucky baby. 

Why? Some Maxwells are good looking (John, Sarah, Mary) and the maxwellian grandkids are all cute. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I doubt it. I am betting it is because Chelsy was pregnant and they were avoiding sanding, painting and such - and any chaos that was not directly baby related.

Probably. But they could organise a day for the single siblings/in laws to come over while Chelsy and the baby go elsewhere and just get it done. It's not like they have a shortage of family members who could help.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Why? Some Maxwells are good looking (John, Sarah, Mary) and the maxwellian grandkids are all cute. 

And the Bontrager women are pretty, but many of the Bontrager males are.... unfortunate is probably the nicest word for their looks.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Probably. But they could organise a day for the single siblings/in laws to come over while Chelsy and the baby go elsewhere and just get it done. It's not like they have a shortage of family members who could help.

Silly silly Ozzie. That must be SCHEDULED.

8 minutes ago, lilith said:

And the Bontrager women are pretty, but many of the Bontrager males are.... unfortunate is probably the nicest word for their looks.

Really? I think the opposite!

On 4/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, HoneyBunny said:

He is a darling baby.  He also looks very Bontrager, which makes him a lucky baby. 

On the whole, the two families are about equal in attractiveness and Nathan’s children and Chris’ girls are gorgeous.

• Upvote 2

I think Steve and Marlin have eyes that are just “too much.” Although I don’t find them to be unfortunate looking. Just too intense. And both John and Chelsy inherited those eyes. I think the intense eyes look much better on John and Chelsy. But we will see if little Axton is a bit too intense like his grandfathers. Marlin’s intense eyes for reference:

ED164413-F3C5-41AE-BB06-E6935AC5A843.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 4/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, Hane said:

Yeah—it seems never to have been a US thing. I’ve heard of mothers in labor being knocked out with ether in the first half of the 20th century, though. My mom was put under with scopolamine in 1952 when she had me, and woke up with a sore throat. She asked the nurse if the drug had caused it. The nurse said no—the sore throat came from all the yelling you did during delivery. With scopolamine, apparently you feel all the pain but forget it afterwards. Mom also had a huge episiotomy and I was delivered with forceps. The family doctor who saw me when I first got home saw how banged-up I looked and asked whether I’d been “delivered with a goddamn shovel.”

Good times. And yet my mother insisted that her birth experience was “better” than the uneventful “natural childbirth” I’d chosen for myself. 

My daughter had an epidural and, immediately after birth, looked better than I had at my wedding.

This sounds like my 1950’s era birth too. From the drugs, screaming, huge episiotomy and forceps delivery. My mom claims that she did not fully wake up for 2 days.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

On the whole, I find the Bontragers much more attractive than the Maxwells.  John is by far the best looking male Maxwell.  I think Chelsy, if she lost her black eye liner, could be quite pretty, and I’m not surprised Axton is a cutie.  Of course, he’ll have to deal with being Ax Maxwell all his life, so his burden be heavy despite attractive genes. 

• Upvote 10

On 4/9/2019 at 9:46 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Steve and Marlin have eyes that are just “too much.” Although I don’t find them to be unfortunate looking. Just too intense. And both John and Chelsy inherited those eyes. I think the intense eyes look much better on John and Chelsy. But we will see if little Axton is a bit too intense like his grandfathers. Marlin’s intense eyes for reference:

ED164413-F3C5-41AE-BB06-E6935AC5A843.jpeg

That's David Rodriguez isn't it? When did that meeting happen?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

That's David Rodriguez isn't it? When did that meeting happen?

Yes! When the Bontragers and Rods were both traveling in the South. The Rods went to a church that the Bons were singing at that night and Jill met them and got lots of pics. It was earlier this year. 

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

On the whole, I find the Bontragers much more attractive than the Maxwells.  John is by far the best looking male Maxwell.  I think Chelsy, if she lost her black eye liner, could be quite pretty, and I’m not surprised Axton is a cutie.  Of course, he’ll have to deal with being Ax Maxwell all his life, so his burden be heavy despite attractive genes. 

But I will say that the Maxwell’s produce very cute children and grandchildren. The Maxwell children were cute as kids and their grandchildren are cuties too. The Bon Babies are a little young just yet but I think Jubilee is probably the cutest of all. Her dimples and chubby cheeks are adorable. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes! When the Bontragers and Rods were both traveling in the South. The Rods went to a church that the Bons were singing at that night and Jill met them and got lots of pics. It was earlier this year. 

Oh man - I'm in two minds as to whether I want this to lead to courting.

On one hand, I wouldn't inflict Jill on anyone.

On the other - I probably would inflict her on Steve, if I can get tickets and a swimming pool sized portion of popcorn.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bon Babies are a little young just yet but I think Jubilee is probably the cutest of all. Her dimples and chubby cheeks are adorable. 

Who? She doesn't have a penis, so according to the Bontragers, she doesn't even exist.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Oh man - I'm in two minds as to whether I want this to lead to courting.

On one hand, I wouldn't inflict Jill on anyone.

On the other - I probably would inflict her on Steve, if I can get tickets and a swimming pool sized portion of popcorn.

Who? She doesn't have a penis, so according to the Bontragers, she doesn't even exist.

I don’t think any high ranking fundie family will ever marry a Rodling. Those poor kids. Their chances are crap thanks to their insufferable mother. 

• Upvote 8

In terms of necklines and hemlines, the Rod girls do have very similar modesty standards; the Rod daughters, particularly the older ones, seem to mainly wear ankle-length skirts, and of course they wear t shirts under their “main” tops as it were. In terms of makeup and hair, the Rods and Maxwells are very different. The Max girls don’t appear to wear makeup day to day, and they don’t have high maintenance hairdos; the only time they appear to “do” their hair is for weddings, and even then it’s fairly classy and neat compared to the bouffant Rod dos.

Steve and Jill together... imma grab a big-ass bag of popcorn too. That would be a sight to behold!!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I don’t think Jill would have much interest in the Maxwell’s. They don’t have a lot of sparkle or stage presence. But I bet she loves the Bontragers. They put on a lot of shows through out the year and they are all mostly good looking and are friends with lots of the fundies Jill fawns over (Bateses and Duggars).

• Upvote 6

On 4/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Although my mom was useless when I was in labor. She almost passed right the fuck out! She can’t handle it when her kids are in extreme pain. And then my husband almost passed out at the hospital from looking at the blood. I was surrounded by incompetents! But I still love them. Most of the time ;) 

I've never given birth but have been present for a few. The first one, I was 18. One of my best friends was pregnant and planning to give the baby up for adoption. We were a waiting room full of friends to support her. Her mom, who was in delivery with her, threw up violently and couldn't stop after the first time. She was out. Her sister in law went in to replace mom. Sister in law got dizzy and nauseous and backed out after a matter of minutes. My friend asked for me to come in. I was scared as hell, being 18 and preceded by two women who apparently couldn't take it. I went anyway and was greeted with "you can't be incompetent too,  I need you".  It was one hell of an experience; my friend also ended up deciding to keep the baby, who is my god-daughter. 

The mom & sister in law ultimately had a virus; they were both sick for quite a while afterwards; in fact, mom was admitted the next day. Not incompetent, truly ill. But, your being surrounded by incompetents brought that whole night whipping back. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

On 4/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think any high ranking fundie family will ever marry a Rodling. Those poor kids. Their chances are crap thanks to their insufferable mother. 

While I tend to agree with you I think the non-favoured Rod girls have a better shot, simply because they would transfer to the new family.  Of course they'd have to time it so Jill was distracted by something to do with her favourites.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic