IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy is officially deep into the woo. Sad.

I guess that's not surprising given her social circle. I hope they are vaccinating Axton though, and getting any concerns checked out by an actual doctor.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I guess that's not surprising given her social circle. I hope they are vaccinating Axton though, and getting any concerns checked out by an actual doctor.

From my observations: the more you are into woo, the less likely you are to vax. Plus she seemed so upset that she needed to be transferred to the hospital for his birth. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

From my observations: the more you are into woo, the less likely you are to vax. Plus she seemed so upset that she needed to be transferred to the hospital for his birth. 

Mine too, although I still see a lot of people who are very into essential oils, all natural remedies etc, who were upset when their birth didn't go to plan but who still vaccinate - then again the people I know tend to have studied at least some biology and to be a bit more aware of what the limitations of natural remedies are. (Then again I know one person who went from studying for a PhD in a biomedical field to being a full on anti-vax, woo-enthusiastic promotor of the most out there conspiracy theories going.  Every time there's a measles outbreak near where she lives I get stressed.)  I kind of hope someone points out to Chelsy that not vaccinating means that Axton assumes all the risk of the diseases - I doubt that Chelsy is unvaccinated.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Mine too, although I still see a lot of people who are very into essential oils, all natural remedies etc, who were upset when their birth didn't go to plan but who still vaccinate - then again the people I know tend to have studied at least some biology and to be a bit more aware of what the limitations of natural remedies are. (Then again I know one person who went from studying for a PhD in a biomedical field to being a full on anti-vax, woo-enthusiastic promotor of the most out there conspiracy theories going.  Every time there's a measles outbreak near where she lives I get stressed.)  I kind of hope someone points out to Chelsy that not vaccinating means that Axton assumes all the risk of the diseases - I doubt that Chelsy is unvaccinated.

Oh Chelsy May be unvaccinated. Conservative Mennonites and Amish in the US have a low rate of vaccinating. 

• Upvote 6

I’ve been out of the loop for a while but seeing Chelsy write “the vibrator has been a very fun discovery” has brought me gleefully back to FJ. I’ve missed snarking on fundie blogs...even if they are meant to be about teething babies

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 22

When I was little, we were at my aunt's house and she had one of those things that is like a mat that goes on a chair or couch and makes it a massage chair? Is this making sense the way I'm describing it? I hope so! Anyway, my mom always had back and neck pain and so I suggested she go get her vibrator to make her feel better!

Everyone laughed at me.

I had no idea why.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

That was a nice tribute Judgy Chelsy wrote about her granddad.  I wonder if the Maxgrands especially the girls will feel the same way about their Grandpa Steve.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

That was a nice tribute Judgy Chelsy wrote about her granddad.  I wonder if the Maxgrands especially the girls will feel the same way about their Grandpa Steve.

Yes. Yes, they will. They will have been told that’s how they feel so, yeah, all the feelings. 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

On 10/3/2019 at 2:21 PM, Ozlsn said:

Under Chelsy's teething blog, a commentor asked if they believed in doctors and modern medicine.  Chelsy said yes and that they have a wonderful pediatrician.  So there is that, at least.

Edited by louannems
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

On 10/3/2019 at 4:21 PM, Ozlsn said:

I mean, I know an actual medical doctor that is into this kind of shit and also very pro vaccinations.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:03 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

Very important update: the french doors and the sink window in Chelsy's kitchen now have trim. This brought to you by Chelsy's post on teething, complete with Amazon links.

She also posted a tribute to her grandfather, which is being discussed over in the Bontrager thread. It sounds like she's going to the funeral; I assume with Axton and John, but that's not clear.

Finally! Shit was driving me crazy and I don't even live there.

Edited by Dru
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

On 10/7/2019 at 10:06 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

When I was little, we were at my aunt's house and she had one of those things that is like a mat that goes on a chair or couch and makes it a massage chair? Is this making sense the way I'm describing it? I hope so! Anyway, my mom always had back and neck pain and so I suggested she go get her vibrator to make her feel better!

Everyone laughed at me.

I had no idea why.

Just the other day, our 11 year old neighbor and his mom (who's also a friend) stopped by; my husband and I were standing in the living room talking with them when the kid picked up a small box from the couch and asked - based on the photo on the box - if it was a new attachment for a game system.

Nope, it was a vibrating cock ring. ?  

(Thankfully, our neighbor was chill about it... we were a bit horrified but I think managed to play it off okay.)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

On 10/8/2019 at 6:44 PM, scoutsadie said:

if it was a new attachment for a game system.

Nope, it was a vibrating cock ring. ?  

Technically, the kid was correct.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21

Steve is not into woo and the Maxwells are completely American middle class when it comes to medical care. I have zero doubt that baby is vaccinated whether Chelsy likes it or not. Steve was at one point an engineer and has something of a science-y background.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 10/10/2019 at 8:43 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Steve is not into woo and the Maxwells are completely American middle class when it comes to medical care. I have zero doubt that baby is vaccinated whether Chelsy likes it or not. Steve was at one point an engineer and has something of a science-y background.

Marlin Bontrager is a farmer  with sizable numbers of animals to care for and market.  Surely he has to keep his herds vaccinated just to stay in business.  Got to believe that Chelsy gets why vaccines are necessary if only from this perspective.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 10/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

She called one of her recommendations “vibrator corn cob teether” and I clutched my pearls before I clicked on the link. Don’t worry, it’s not what it sounds like.

Amber teething necklace? Check.

Homeopathic Tablets? Check.

Homeopathic Chiropractor? Check. 

Essential oils? Check. 

Chelsy is officially deep into the woo. Sad.

I don't really think so. I remember a while back the Bontragers posted that Chelsy's mom Becky was really into homeopathic medicine. So, it is possible she brought some of it over with her before she entered Maxhell.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I don't really think so. I remember a while back the Bontragers posted that Chelsy's mom Becky was really into homeopathic medicine. So, it is possible she brought some of it over with her before she entered Maxhell.

Oh no I don’t think this is new at all. I didn’t make myself clear but I think her Mennonite background probably exposed her to the woo and now it’s all coming out since she had a baby. 

• Upvote 7

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh no I don’t think this is new at all. I didn’t make myself clear but I think her Mennonite background probably exposed her to the woo and now it’s all coming out since she had a baby. 

Thanks for clarifying. I just hope that Chelsy and John have the sense to bring their son to the doctors and not depend on herbal remedies and essential oils. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

3 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Thanks for clarifying. I just hope that Chelsy and John have the sense to bring their son to the doctors and not depend on herbal remedies and essential oils. 

She said they have a doctor. Thank goodness. But I will say, there are some quack doctors out there like Patrick Johnston. I really hope they found a decent doctor. Not some fundie quack who spreads lies and misinformation. 

• Upvote 6

On 10/7/2019 at 7:06 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

Little known fact: the Hitachi Magic Wand is also terrific for releasing tension in your shoulders and neck.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:55 PM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

I’ve been out of the loop for a while but seeing Chelsy write “the vibrator has been a very fun discovery” has brought me gleefully back to FJ. I’ve missed snarking on fundie blogs...even if they are meant to be about teething babies

Years ago there was a internet quiz "Dog Toy or Sex Toy?" that required you to determine to which category various photos belonged. Looking at the vibrating corn cob which brought up other teething toys I think it would be possible to create a "Teething Ring or Sex Toy" quiz.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Years ago there was a internet quiz "Dog Toy or Sex Toy?" that required you to determine to which category various photos belonged. Looking at the vibrating corn cob which brought up other teething toys I think it would be possible to create a "Teething Ring or Sex Toy" quiz.

I hadn't seen that one, but I remember one that someone posted on FJ, "Mascara Tube or Sex Toy?" 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 12:41 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I hadn't seen that one, but I remember one that someone posted on FJ, "Mascara Tube or Sex Toy?" 

Jill Rodrigues must have a few of those particular mascara tubes around.  When she bats her eyes, her lashes must be so gummed up that they create a breeze.

Spoiler

:pb_lol:  Did this by accident, sorry!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Reminds me of "Christian Worship Song Lyrics or Romance Novel Quote"

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

• 1 month later...

There really hasn't been much of an update on John and Chelsy lately. So, with that being said. I was just wondering how they are going to decorate for Christmas? I think the Bontragers are more mainstream with their decorations than the Maxwells. Plus, John and Chelsy had a Christmas tree in their wedding photos. I wonder if Chelsy is going to continue shaking things up in Maxhell with adding in more *gasp* fun decorations. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 4

Remember how the Bontragers would always do the live animal Christmas play? I don’t know if they posted about it last year. Maybe with 4 children married, they are less enthusiastic about it. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember how the Bontragers would always do the live animal Christmas play? I don’t know if they posted about it last year. Maybe with 4 children married, they are less enthusiastic about it. 

We have a mega church here that does the Christmas pageant with real freakin' camels. I want, badly, to see it, but I can't justify going there and supporting the place.

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic