Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Chelsy and John Maxwell 7: Not as Beige as Maxhell - Yet

Recommended Posts

Happy
PennySycamore

I think it says something about how damn beige ChelsJohn are that this thread is 19 hours old and there have been no new posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
6 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I think it says something about how damn beige ChelsJohn are that this thread is 19 hours old and there have been no new posts. 

I think it’s because Chelsy never posts anymore. And when she does, it’s just one big photo dump. In her single days, she posted much more often. Just like her unhappily single sister down now. We will know when Allison finds a boyfriend. She will stop posting the pathetic crap she posts now and she will likely post a lot less. 

We should look back on Chelsy’s post about her younger brothers getting married before her. Of course she was in a long term relationship with John when she wrote this and knew he was likely to propose at some point. So she could be as happy and smug as she wanted. Because she knew she was next. Oh how different this is compared to Allison: 

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2017/06/when-your-younger-siblings-get-married.html

FCF12287-A5B4-4D5F-834C-0B816697BFF5.jpeg

I highly recommend reading Chelsy’s lengthy post about her brothers getting married. There’s such a huge contrast to Allison’s posts. There’s so much irony in this one blog post that I honestly can’t point it all out. So you all should read for yourselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s because Chelsy never posts anymore. And when she does, it’s just one big photo dump. In her single days, she posted much more often. Just like her unhappily single sister down now. We will know when Allison finds a boyfriend. She will stop posting the pathetic crap she posts now and she will likely post a lot less. 

We should look back on Chelsy’s post about her younger brothers getting married before her. Of course she was in a long term relationship with John when she wrote this and knew he was likely to propose at some point. So she could be as happy and smug as she wanted. Because she knew she was next. Oh how different this is compared to Allison: 

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2017/06/when-your-younger-siblings-get-married.html

FCF12287-A5B4-4D5F-834C-0B816697BFF5.jpeg

I highly recommend reading Chelsy’s lengthy post about her brothers getting married. There’s such a huge contrast to Allison’s posts. There’s so much irony in this one blog post that I honestly can’t point it all out. So you all should read for yourselves. 

Linkies to Allison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozlsn
3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you go further back, you’ll find “Nurturing your brother’s manhood.” 🤮

I am never going to stop finding that funny am I.

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You are not a liar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
11 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You are not a liar.

Right? I’m actually starting to wonder if she was “getting to know” someone last year and it all fell apart. The last time I saw this kind of dramatic posting from a fundie girl, it was Jessica Boyer after her break up and sister’s wedding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Right? I’m actually starting to wonder if she was “getting to know” someone last year and it all fell apart. The last time I saw this kind of dramatic posting from a fundie girl, it was Jessica Boyer after her break up and sister’s wedding. 

Bitter and desperate underneath is how I am reading it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
On 3/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, Ozlsn said:
Quote

If you go further back, you’ll find “Nurturing your brother’s manhood.”

I am never going to stop finding that funny am I.

Nope. Me neither. See you in the prayer closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH

Stud John and Judgy Chelsy have a new nephew named Micah Joe.  He has the same initials as his grandfathers.  Enough with the patriarchal worshipping bullshit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith
6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Stud John and Judgy Chelsy have a new nephew named Micah Joe.  He has the same initials as his grandfathers.  Enough with the patriarchal worshipping bullshit!

They didn’t even name the parents or mention how the mother is!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I wish Chelsy would make a big photo dump of Axton! He’s a little older now so we might be able to tell if he looks more Maxwell or Bontrager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith
Posted (edited)

Not only do they again not name the parents here, they are calling him their 3rd grandson...... no mention of poor Jubilee and the fact Micah is actually their 4th grandCHILD. 

I would be furious if I was Carson or Carolina (Jubilee’s parents, if the Bontragers have failed to mention it).

7CFB6AC1-DC26-4C54-8A6A-8BCBEB52C362.png

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish Chelsy would make a big photo dump of Axton! He’s a little older now so we might be able to tell if he looks more Maxwell or Bontrager. 

He’s going to have some super crazy eyes either way.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ClareDeLune
On 3/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

https://www.fromallison.com/5-ways-to-show-love-to-your-husbands-sisters/. If you go further back, you’ll find “Nurturing your brother’s manhood.” 🤮

"3. Don’t be condescending about their single status.

Your new sisters- if they’re single- won’t feel loved by constant superior comments about how wonderful marriage is/how much they are missing out on. They may really want to get married but it’s just not happening currently or they may not be into getting married right now at all; regardless, it’s where they are currently, and acting like they are less than for not being married is no-bueno."

 

This is the funniest blog I have ever seen 😆  She must really hate them. 

 

(Thankyou!!!) 

  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
freethemall
8 hours ago, lilith said:

 

7CFB6AC1-DC26-4C54-8A6A-8BCBEB52C362.png

Oh hi Jillrod!

  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
mango_fandango

Wow. That post about little Micah Joe really shows how much more boys are valued in their world than girls. Not “fourth grandchild” but “third grandson”. I hope little Jubilee gets a sister she can be good friends with, because being a girl in fundiedom sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lonedn

Yeah, I actually commented on their instastory, and they wrote me back saying "oh sorry, we were just saying that it is our third grandson". I replied back that it was a weird way of phrasing it. And I asked how Bryn is doing. It is so weird to me that they didn't say ANYTHING about her. It's normally the first thing you specify - the health of the child and mother. Maybe it doesn't matter when she's only a "sister-in-love".. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH
10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Wow. That post about little Micah Joe really shows how much more boys are valued in their world than girls. Not “fourth grandchild” but “third grandson”. I hope little Jubilee gets a sister she can be good friends with, because being a girl in fundiedom sucks. 

That is why I hate patriarchy and Fundies so much.  Just like when Kyle was born Poor Sarah captioned the pic of Smug Joe and Kyle "Joseph and his first born son".  Made me ragey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia

According to IG the Bontrager's are in Kansas now and finally get to meet little Axton. 

Do you think they also attended the Church of the Elderly on Sunday? I really hope Chelsy will post more in the future and I'd really love to see a house tour. 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
On 3/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, mango_fandango said:

Wow. That post about little Micah Joe really shows how much more boys are valued in their world than girls. Not “fourth grandchild” but “third grandson”. I hope little Jubilee gets a sister she can be good friends with, because being a girl in fundiedom sucks. 

Boys are more valued in patriarchy but Bontragers take it a to an extra level. Other fundie families are really excited with the baby girls and all the little kids/grandkids seem to be enjoyed no matter their sex.

Bontragers sexism is so extreme that the birthing mothers are not even praised. Again, other fundies treat well the mothers when they give birth, praise them for their efforts with babies etc. Even Maxwells do it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith

They didn’t even bother going to meet Axton, their eldest child’s first baby, for months, presumably because he’s a Maxwell not a Bontrager.

That will never cease to surprise me - they are ALL ABOUT family (it’s the theme of their “ministry”) and Allison seemed so close to Chelsy.

I am from a family that lives very independent lives, I sometimes go years without seeing my parents or sister, and my sister and I have little in common and wouldn’t consider each other “best friends” in any way. Yet my mother has travelled and taken time off work to be at each of my births and my sister spent a week with me after my first baby was born. I would have been SO upset if my mother hadn’t been there when I was having my first and adjusting to motherhood (she was never in the room but was the first to come in and meet the babies after birth). And if I had been attempting an unmedicated homebirth I think she’s the only person apart from my partner I would want there - I certainly wouldn’t want my mother in law, and she’s much warmer than Teri (and wouldn’t drill me in bible verses while I laboured).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
10 minutes ago, lilith said:

They didn’t even bother going to meet Axton, their eldest child’s first baby, for months, presumably because he’s a Maxwell not a Bontrager.

That will never cease to surprise me - they are ALL ABOUT family (it’s the theme of their “ministry”) and Allison seemed so close to Chelsy.

I am from a family that lives very independent lives, I sometimes go years without seeing my parents or sister, and my sister and I have little in common and wouldn’t consider each other “best friends” in any way. Yet my mother has travelled and taken time off work to be at each of my births and my sister spent a week with me after my first baby was born. I would have been SO upset if my mother hadn’t been there when I was having my first and adjusting to motherhood (she was never in the room but was the first to come in and meet the babies after birth). And if I had been attempting an unmedicated homebirth I think she’s the only person apart from my partner I would want there - I certainly wouldn’t want my mother in law, and she’s much warmer than Teri (and wouldn’t drill me in bible verses while I laboured).

They were on tour when the “cousin twins” were born. But they only had to wait a couple weeks before getting home to meet them. And since Bryn gave birth only recently, they didn’t have to wait long to meet Micah. They likely met Micah today or will very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilith
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They were on tour when the “cousin twins” were born. But they only had to wait a couple weeks before getting home to meet them. And since Bryn gave birth only recently, they didn’t have to wait long to meet Micah. They likely met Micah today or will very soon.

 

The Bowers girls and Bryn had their mothers there though (assuming Bryn did, she grew up in the same area). I just think births, especially of first babies, are a time when most women need their mothers. And if the Bontragers valued women and their needs they would have made sure Becky and Allison were there for Chelsy, even if it meant buying a few plane tickets and being absent from a few concerts. Elizabeth and Cassidy could have taken over cooking/laundry/piano for a few days.

Edited by lilith
Riffles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
1 hour ago, lilith said:

 

The Bowers girls and Bryn had their mothers there though (assuming Bryn did, she grew up in the same area). I just think births, especially of first babies, are a time when most women need their mothers. And if the Bontragers valued women and their needs they would have made sure Becky and Allison were there for Chelsy, even if it meant buying a few plane tickets and being absent from a few concerts. Elizabeth and Cassidy could have taken over cooking/laundry/piano for a few days.

I agree. Although my mom was useless when I was in labor. She almost passed right the fuck out! She can’t handle it when her kids are in extreme pain. And then my husband almost passed out at the hospital from looking at the blood. I was surrounded by incompetents! But I still love them. Most of the time ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×