IGNORED

Schitt’s Creek

JDuggs

Does anyone else LOVE Schitt’s Creek? The name of the show prevented me learning anything about it or watching it, but once I gave it a chance, I was absolutely hooked. I’ve never been much of a fan of Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara, but their roles here totally showcase their immense talent. All of the characters are hilarious and Seasons 3 and 4 has the best romance storyline that I’ve ever watched. If you like shows like Arrested Development, The Office, Parks & Rec, etc., please give Schitt’s a shot. It brings me so much joy!

• I Agree 2

I just started watching it a day or two ago and I'm almost done with season 1.  I'm really liking it so far!

A couple of weeks ago, I got to see the cast in a Q & A type format where they discussed their backgrounds and how they developed their characters, etc. it was so cool. Eugene Levy’s son Dan is the creator and show runner and an absolutely funny actor. The show is so uplifting, it puts me in a good mood whenever I think about it.

221E8977-4309-41E7-9149-DBB3DEE7D514.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Yeah, I remember seeing some promos for it when it first came out and thinking it was a hard pass from me. I mean an entire show based on a stupid name for a town? I proceeded not to watch it at all. 

Cut to a few years later and I saw a couple of episodes randomly. The quirky humour appealed and now I'm a fan. It's not that every moment is gold, but put it all together and it just works. It's comedy, but it's not just about making a cheap joke. It's much more about the relationships between the characters and their growth as people over the length of the show. Even shallow Moira shows that she is more than just vanity and weird accents. You end up feeling proud of them all by the end of the show. 

• I Agree 1

We started watching it this summer. I think we’re just starting season 3. Like @PreciousPantsofDoom, the name made me roll my eyes and not watch it before. But SiL kept telling us to and finally made us watch the first two episodes when visiting her. Usually her recs  are horrible so if she hadn’t forced us, we probably never would have started it. Love it now!!

Edited by louisa05