IGNORED

Iowa City church victim of racial vandalism

47of74

Then this happened last weekend

People attending an Iowa City church Sunday morning discovered spray-painted swastikas, bible verses and obscene language on the church's exterior.

"I think the person that did this was basically a coward," said Tony Burtch. "I can't say that enough."

The church has since added cameras to watch over people to address the lingering fear and to catch anyone who might be up to no to good.

The person or people who did it would be facing, at the least, criminal mischief for defacing the property. If the motivation was to scare members of a certain religion or other group, it could be a hate crime. If the motivation was to scare members of a certain religion or other group, it could be a hate crime.

If this happened to my church they would not have been able to air any interviews with me because I'd be using a lot stronger language than cowards to describe these people.

@47of74 My disgust vote is not at you, it's at the church being vandalized.  How horrible that is!

On 3/7/2019 at 4:21 AM, 47of74 said:

If this happened to my church they would not have been able to air any interviews with me because I'd be using a lot stronger language than cowards to describe these people.

I f this happened to any place of worship near me my interview would be one long bleeping noise with the occasional "and" to break it up.

Archived