IGNORED

you all need to watch the 14 children special again...

homeschoolmomma1

There are definitely max occupancy laws for rentals. In high rental touristy areas, like ski resort areas, you'll see the signs posted right on the homes. Max people 6, max vehicles 2, or something.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a couple people mention this but I don't remember it and no one seems to remember when they saw it. Does anyone have any idea when this was shown?

I personally don't remember this (but then again I haven't seen all the episodes / specials). However, I just did a quick Google search for "Josh Duggar own room" and there are quite a few articles that mention this exactly. The general consensus seems to be that Josh did in fact have his own bedroom at the TTH. Since he moved out it has been converted to an office-- it specifically mentions that it's primarily used by Michelle. So, has anyone seen a photo or a mention of her office on any videos or blogs / photos? Really weird, because they can't really call it a teenage privacy or eldest child privilege- NONE of the other kids have had their own room as they aged up. I wonder if they had concerns that he may try something with a brother in his room, or if the room was located in close proximity or off of the parent's bedrooms so they could monitor his movement at night? I have no idea where Michelle's office is in the layout of the house. Interesting.

EDIT: Just found a PDF of their floorplan. Michelle's office / Josh's speculated bedroom is directly across from Michelle and Jim Bob's room: http://www.kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/ ... orPlan.pdf

I'm not enthusiastic enough to do it myself but perhaps someone should go through the early podcasts. They include material not on the show. Maybe that's where the own bedroom thing can be found.

M's office is pretty close to the girls' room. Besides, I thought that was the mail center?

http://kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/DuggarFloorPlan.pdf

The mail room is in what's labeled as "goodbye room"

I remember Josh showing off the editing room in the moving in special but that certainly wasn't a bedroom. I guess M's office would make sense for where a bedroom would be located I just wish someone could remember when they said that Josh had his own room.

One episode a few seasons back, they showed one of the Howlers trying to find one of his school workbooks and the camera man followed him into J'Chelle's "office" and it was absolutely filthy. It looked as if they had thrown all the crap that had been laying around into that room and closed the door and tried to make sure they didn't film it. Needless to to say, said howler found his workbook under a pile of crap. I think this was the same small room where Ben asked permission to court Jessa, but it was all cleaned up on that episode.

I definitely remember Josh's special equipment room with the "No Rugrats Allowed". I don't remember him having a bed in there, but I could have blinked and missed it. I do recall him being quite the entitled little twerp at that point. Little did I know what else had been going on. Is that room every shown anymore? Sometimes I get confused with that upstairs layout.

One episode a few seasons back, they showed one of the Howlers trying to find one of his school workbooks and the camera man followed him into J'Chelle's "office" and it was absolutely filthy. It looked as if they had thrown all the crap that had been laying around into that room and closed the door and tried to make sure they didn't film it. Needless to to say, said howler found his workbook under a pile of crap. I think this was the same small room where Ben asked permission to court Jessa, but it was all cleaned up on that episode.

I definitely remember Josh's special equipment room with the "No Rugrats Allowed". I don't remember him having a bed in there, but I could have blinked and missed it. I do recall him being quite the entitled little twerp at that point. Little did I know what else had been going on. Is that room every shown anymore? Sometimes I get confused with that upstairs layout.

I thought Jim Bob's office was where Ben asked to court Jessa? It was right near the dining room. Michelle's is upstairs.

I thought Jim Bob's office was where Ben asked to court Jessa? It was right near the dining room. Michelle's is upstairs.

I thought they were upstairs. JB's office downstairs is TINY.

kodiaksteelhomes.com/images/DuggarFloorPlan.pdf

I'm watching some older episodes to see if we get a glimpse into some of the mystery rooms. In the intro one of the kids says something like: "We're nine times the size of an average family" and it's driving me nuts. You have 9 times the amount of kids but you're only 5 times the size of an average family. This is really bothering me more than it should.

Is it just me, or does that floorplan not show a bedroom door for the master bedroom?

I'm pretty sure Ben asked to court Jessa in the tiny office downstairs.

Is it just me, or does that floorplan not show a bedroom door for the master bedroom?

I'm pretty sure Ben asked to court Jessa in the tiny office downstairs.

Ben did ask to court Jessa downstairs, they call her in from the dining room.

The floor plan most definitely doesn't have a door to the master bedroom, there is also a closed off box in the master. Is that the alcove where they used to shove a crib? Did anyone else notice the two toilets in the bathroom off the playroom?

Edited for spelling.

Ben did ask to court Jessa downstairs, they call her in from the dining room.

The floor plan most definitely doesn't have a door to the master bedroom, there is also a closed off box in the master. Is that the alcove where they used to shove a crib? Did anyone else notice the two toilets in the bathroom off the playroom?

Edited for spelling.

I did notice that. Maybe one's a bidet :cracking-up:

I did notice that. Maybe one's a bidet :cracking-up:

One is "toddler" size and the other is "normal" size.

Does Grandma Mary live in the guest room on the main level?

I noticed the clothes closet is on the main level. There does seem to be "storage" in the bedrooms. So I'm hoping that means they at least keep some clothes nearby.

And I wonder why they couldn't make room for a sink in that one bathroom in the girls' room.

It's actually illegal to discriminate against tenants based on their children. I guess it's possible because nobody is perfectly honest, but I suspect they were unwilling to commit to a lease, and they just used the kids as an excuse to feel all persecuted and martyred. The reason they seemed calmer back then (besides selective editing) is because they hit their kids a lot more back then. Spanked kids can have tendency to act out, but if you spank them even more, they just get broken spirits and never have an independent thought or action.

Most states have laws limiting how many people can live in a dwelling. I am trying to find the laws for Arkansas, but can't.

I really wish 20/20 [who now have visited the Bates] would do a real investigative journalism report on ATI and or Duggars. Call them on stuff like this--"what about the pieces of his heart that Josh gave away before Anna???" etc

John Oliver or John Stewart FTW on this.

You know what, I don't think grandma moved in until after Josh got married so maybe he slept in the guest bedroom while he was there. Of course I'm still not convinced he had his own room since I have yet to see any confirmation on this.

The mail room is in what's labeled as "goodbye room"

I remember Josh showing off the editing room in the moving in special but that certainly wasn't a bedroom. I guess M's office would make sense for where a bedroom would be located I just wish someone could remember when they said that Josh had his own room.

I'm pretty sure Josh's room is the one marked "Studio" off of the boys' room.

I'm pretty sure Josh's room is the one marked "Studio" off of the boys' room.

They showed the studio in the moving in special. There's no bed in there. I think the most likely candidate fro his room would be the guest room since I don't think Grandma Duggar moved in until after Josh got married. Again though, I have yet to see anything indicating that Josh had his own room while there.

...And I wonder why they couldn't make room for a sink in that one bathroom in the girls' room.

The girls have sinks in their room. Still ... you use the toilet and then have to go into the bedroom to wash your hands?

But maybe it's just another mistake in the floorplan like the missing door to the master bedroom.

I remember when they showed Michelle's flabby pastey white pregnant belly in that episode. I couldn't believe they showed it but then again, I don't see how her less than cute pregnant belly could stir up desires that can't be righteously fulfilled. She didn't even look pregnant, just flabby. I normally don't poke fun at people's appearances but in their case, they need to be knocked down a few pegs. Michelle should have no worry about tempting any man. I had a hint of pity because she is obviously not a cute pregnant person. Or maybe she is just so stretched out that her pregnant belly is flabby instead of taut.

The girls have sinks in their room. Still ... you use the toilet and then have to go into the bedroom to wash your hands?

But maybe it's just another mistake in the floorplan like the missing door to the master bedroom.

We had that 'feature' in our previous house (although we remodeled right before we moved, so it's no longer like that). You mostly get used to it. It was built in the early 80s. The most annoying part was that when my dh had to get up earlier than me for work, he'd have to have the light on there to brush his teeth and fix his hair, plus I'd hear him brush his teeth.

In academy, our dorm bathrooms had sinks, but we also had one sink and mirror per room in our dorm bedrooms. Just because there's a sink in the bedroom doesn't always mean there's none in the bathroom.

Though I think in our case it was mainly built that way to keep us from going to the drinking fountain during study hall...

Oh yeah...I forgot about those sinks in the room. I wonder what else could be missing from this floor plan.

Archived