IGNORED

Joy and Austin 26: Please Wear the Appropriate Footgear Around Horses

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Mea culpa, I confused him with James. This is why I can never have 19 kids ?

I always confuse those two so I knew what you meant...lol.

• Upvote 2

I only have 2, and I still confuse their names. Occasionally, call them by the dog's name. 19? Nightmare.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I always confuse those two so I knew what you meant...lol.

Those two and Justin, I almost never remembered all three of them at the same time. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I only have 2, and I still confuse their names. Occasionally, call them by the dog's name. 19? Nightmare.

Ha, my mum had 3 kid's and always got mine and my sister's name mixed up. I'm surprised she didn't call me by my brother's name as well we both have the same initial.

On one of the Radford family's youtube video's Noel asks one of his daughter's which one are you? He was joking but with 21 children and 4 grandchildren I bet him and Sue do get confused at times.

Pickles annoys me more than the Duggar's do now. She is a trouble maker and starts rumours just to get attention and crosses lines that shouldn't be crossed like publicly naming the girl suspected to be the fifth victim of Josh, contacting Tyler's mother and asking if she is ever going to get custody back, since she is pregnant again or posting the rumours about Lauren being pregnant again, someone sees this or the Wikipedia post and congratulates them on Instagram and they have to explain that they are not expecting. I do expect Joy to announce in the next few months but she doesn't look pregnant now.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Same. We only have two, and we often call them the cats' names and vise versa. Or we combine their (long) names... like the first half of one with the second half of the other. It's awful ? I really couldn't imagine any more... my brain is already fried with just two. I seriously could not handle it. I have friends with 3-4 kids (not a ton), and I have NO IDEA how they seem to handle it all so effortlessly because I sometimes feel victorious just for keeping my two alive, fed, and mostly clean all day. 

• Upvote 4

My husband's mother had two kids and they both have the same initials for First, Middle, and Last names. I have mused a few times how difficult that standard would have been to keep up if she'd had 19 children. 

• Upvote 1

My two brothers and I have the same initials for our first, middle, and last names. When Mom called us, it was usually one word that was an amalgam of the first syllable of each of our first names.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, twoandthrough said:

Same. We only have two, and we often call them the cats' names and vise versa. Or we combine their (long) names... like the first half of one with the second half of the other. It's awful ? I really couldn't imagine any more... my brain is already fried with just two. I seriously could not handle it. I have friends with 3-4 kids (not a ton), and I have NO IDEA how they seem to handle it all so effortlessly because I sometimes feel victorious just for keeping my two alive, fed, and mostly clean all day. 

I won’t have two (three if you count our dog, which we do because she’s a very attention needy little furball) until this fall and I already feel like this. I remember back when I wanted four or five and I just have to laugh. I was so young*, so naive. I’m actually kind of glad sometimes that the first trimester is a bit tough for me because I’d be much more tempted to have more than two if it wasn’t and I’d likely end up biting off more than I could chew as a result. Two kids and a dog is going to be tough, but I feel like it’ll still be manageable for us in a way three kids wouldn’t be. Parents who have more kids and manage to make it look easy on a regular basis, my hat is currently being tipped in your direction because you’re awesome.

*She says about herself only three years ago. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

On 3/12/2019 at 12:46 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

I gotta repeat---she looks so much like Jill.  I guess it is the hairstyle that is doing that.  And the open mouth in the 2nd picture.

She and her sister mom look just like Jim Bob.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I won’t have two (three if you count our dog, which we do because she’s a very attention needy little furball) until this fall and I already feel like this. I remember back when I wanted four or five and I just have to laugh. I was so young*, so naive. I’m actually kind of glad sometimes that the first trimester is a bit tough for me because I’d be much more tempted to have more than two if it wasn’t and I’d likely end up biting off more than I could chew as a result. Two kids and a dog is going to be tough, but I feel like it’ll still be manageable for us in a way three kids wouldn’t be. Parents who have more kids and manage to make it look easy on a regular basis, my hat is currently being tipped in your direction because you’re awesome.

*She says about herself only three years ago. ?

YES! I totally feel that. When we found out we were pregnant with our first daughter, we naively hoped for twins. She was just one, and when we found out I was pregnant with our second daughter, we were praying it was NOT twins! ? How times change! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

12 hours ago, twoandthrough said:

YES! I totally feel that. When we found out we were pregnant with our first daughter, we naively hoped for twins. She was just one, and when we found out I was pregnant with our second daughter, we were praying it was NOT twins! ? How times change! 

I know a family that doubted for a while whether or not to go for a third. They did but then they got triplets ?

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 14

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I know a family that doubted for a while whether or not to go for a third. They did but then they got triplets ?

I. Would. Die. 100% without a question. hahaha. Triplets would be SO awesome from the outsider perspective, but I can't even imagine how much work that would be! Though, living near family would help. We are a military family, so my husband is gone often, and we are a two day drive from any family... so no help here.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, twoandthrough said:

Ha.  My mom said that with each of us she had hoped for twins and with each of us there were times in our childhood one of us were more than enough!  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

During my first ultrasound in the Doctor’s office the tech said ‘Ok, let’s see if we’ve got one or maybe two!’ And I, stoned faced, replied ‘Do not bring that up again.’ ? We are one and done, no family alive, so anymore than one and I would have lost my mind. If there had been two I would have blamed the tech and made her take one. 

• Haha 20
  • Love 3

I had a friend that has 2 sets of twins ( no fertility drugs). With the second set her husband asked if she just jumped on the bed if the weaker one “might” just fall out. LoL!

• Disgust 1

If my youngest had been the first one I'd have quit right there. My oldest was an easy baby, toddler, pre-schooler. The shit hit the fan in her teen years. #2 was a royal PITA from birth but #3 was in a whole different league. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Removed duplicated material.
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

If my youngest had been the first one I'd have quit right there. My oldest was an easy baby, toddler, pre-schooler. The shit hit the fan in her teen years. #2 was a royal PITA from birth but #3 was in a whole different league. 

Same. Only my oldest has mostly been okay as a teen. The pre teen years nearly did me in. My second wasn't too bad, he just didn't sleep a lot as an infant/toddler and likes to pick on his younger sister now. My youngest though... she's a lot of work and has been since day 1. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

That's what I say about my youngest too.  If she had been first, she would have been an only.  She is nothing like her siblings except in her face.  She is the simultaneous light and bane of my life.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My oldest is a wild child, hence why she was supposed to be an only! I was TERRIFIED during my entire pregnancy with #2 (she was a surprise, oops!). She has been the peace and calm our family needed, thank goodness. I don't know what I would have done if she was as wild as her sister. They only have just over 2 years difference in age (yes, our first is THAT crazy that we knew from the beginning that she was a huge handful!). If we'd had our second first, we would have wanted a Duggar-esque sized family! ?  (not really, to be clear!) 

• Upvote 3

My second literally slept through the night from birth. He ate and slept for the first 2 years of life. The first one, ugh, not  so much. The Drs wanted me to wake him up and I brokered a deal. If he gained weight (he did), I could let him sleep. He was a healthy, term 7 lb on the dot  newborn. I was not waking a happy baby  at night when I had to care for his “mother killer” sister all day too!

• Upvote 3

Our first was for sure our difficult one and my husband wasn't sure if he wanted more kids. The worst part was he literally never slept. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 3. Even after our second came along he still got up more than her. It was insane. After having two we decided we were crazy to want four originally and stopped 

• Upvote 6

Mine were all very easy babies.  They lull you into a false sense of security and then ...BAM!  

Wouldnt trade then,  but I’d like to worry less.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Sullie06 said:

Our first was for sure our difficult one and my husband wasn't sure if he wanted more kids. The worst part was he literally never slept. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 3. Even after our second came along he still got up more than her. It was insane. After having two we decided we were crazy to want four originally and stopped 

#3 didn't sleep through the night until he was 3-4 years old. Fortunately he'd either stay in his room and play or go downstairs and watch Cartoon Network all night. He's still a terrible sleeper, 28+ years later. He catnaps. 2-3 hours here, 2-3 hours there. Remember, this is the kid the doc nearly dropped at birth because he was wiggling and throwing his little body around. It took 3 nurses to put a diaper and a t-shirt on him because he was flip-flopping like a fish on the deck. He'd kick off the swaddling too. He could strip to the skin in his car seat, wiggle out of the straps, and sit on the floor of the car (yes, he was strapped in and I THOUGHT they were snug enough). Little dude was Houdini on steroids! He still hates clothes, shoes and anything that's remotely confining. Gotta love him though, he makes me laugh. 

• Upvote 7

DH always says had #2 been #1 she'd have been our only.  She was a mama's girl and just screamed and screamed for him. It didn't help her or him, that he was in the trows of a major depressive swing and he refused to do things her way. I on the other hand, to save MY sanity just carried, it was easier because she would literally scream ALL day if you didn't. Our oldest was a very child baby and toddler, he is NOT a chill adult, they are both kind of high strung but he is a super short explosive temper and hers is much more quiet and subtle. 

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic