IGNORED

Joy and Austin 26: Please Wear the Appropriate Footgear Around Horses

samurai_sarah

Reminds of the bad old good old days several years ago when people were dead serious advocating calling CPS on the Duggars because a kid had a bruise or they were not eating their vegetables or just anything. 

Two? really? If I had waited until two with my first he would not have been able to see through all that hair. He was 8 months IIRC at his first real hair cut and before that his bangs had been trimmed at home twice. The newest little Outta is looking like he will never need a hair cut and hitting age 1 in a couple of weeks.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

Two? really? If I had waited until two with my first he would not have been able to see through all that hair. He was 8 months IIRC at his first real hair cut and before that his bangs had been trimmed at home twice. The newest little Outta is looking like he will never need a hair cut and hitting age 1 in a couple of weeks.

I have a friend who’s son was born with a ton of hair. He had 4 haircuts before the age of 1. He’s almost 7 & still has a ton of hair. 

• Upvote 5

@Jana814 I feel for her. Mine is almost 15 and I have finally had enough. I have suggested he try a long style over the summer and see if it is something for him. He had that typical style for teen boys right now (short except on the top) and if he really wanted to keep it up he would have to get cut every 2 weeks, which is just not a doable thing for us. So it always looks messy and overgrown. Beautiful hair, but a major hassle.

• Upvote 5

I spent a long time squinting at her shirt trying to deduce wtf it says (nbraaano mommy hoo?) but apparently it’s ~embracing mommyhood~

Ah yes. The classic Duggar blend of infantilizing mothers and being condescending to nonmothers!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Someone commented on this that she babies shouldn't get their hair cut until their 2, better call social services on Joy and report her. Gideon looks adorable.

Oh for heaven's sake. It amazes me how there's always something to nitpick about. My toddler had some luxurious hair, like I couldn't bear to cut it and held out forever, but it was in his face and to his shoulders at about 19mos and I couldn't fight it anymore. I used to take a bow and pull it out of his eyes when he ate it was so long. Right before I cut it, I could put it in a ponytail. Not all kids have hair like that, but mine did for sure. If I'd waited until November when he turned two it would have been down his back. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 7

15 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

There’s also a selection of pics featuring Carlin, posted on Carlin’s birthday (April 11).

Joy looks a lot like Jinger in the first picture of her and Carlin. The Duggar’s have a strange way of morphing and looking like each other randomly.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

25 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Joy looks a lot like Jinger in the first picture of her and Carlin. The Duggar’s have a strange way of morphing and looking like each other randomly.

In a weird way they all have the same eyes/look in the eyes but at the same time not. It's the eyes, I swear it's the eyes!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

@Jana814 I feel for her. Mine is almost 15 and I have finally had enough. I have suggested he try a long style over the summer and see if it is something for him. He had that typical style for teen boys right now (short except on the top) and if he really wanted to keep it up he would have to get cut every 2 weeks, which is just not a doable thing for us. So it always looks messy and overgrown. Beautiful hair, but a major hassle.

My almost 21-year old has hair like that.  He could def. get it cut every 2 weeks, but he goes more like every 2 or 3 months.  I try not to let it bother me, because it is just hair and well, he is 21, but he's going to be interviewing for jobs soon and really, it might matter to some interviewers. 

It wouldn't be so bad if he took care of it, but it is just wild.  When he comes back from college, we are all in awe when he walks in---it just grows so fast and seems to defy gravity.  I remember working with my kids to reorganize their tiny bathroom a few years ago---I was sorting stuff and asked him if he used a brush OR a comb, and he just answered "no."

• Upvote 7

According to pickles, joy is pregnant. So if she announces any time within the next 6 months, pickles will say “SEE!!!!”

If my memory serves correctly, she did this several times with Jessa.

96C4B44C-3185-4610-9D1F-CB19B329CF8C.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 19tacos&counting said:

According to pickles, joy is pregnant. So if she announces any time within the next 6 months, pickles will say “SEE!!!!”

If my memory serves correctly, she did this several times with Jessa.

96C4B44C-3185-4610-9D1F-CB19B329CF8C.png

She did it with Amy too. Back in November she said she was pregnant, but based on her due date, Amy had to have conceived her baby around January/February

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

She did it with Amy too. Back in November she said she was pregnant, but based on her due date, Amy had to have conceived her baby around January/February

Other than Amy, its not much of a stress to guess someone is pregnant at any given time. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Oh for heaven's sake. It amazes me how there's always something to nitpick about. My toddler had some luxurious hair, like I couldn't bear to cut it and held out forever, but it was in his face and to his shoulders at about 19mos and I couldn't fight it anymore. I used to take a bow and pull it out of his eyes when he ate it was so long. Right before I cut it, I could put it in a ponytail. Not all kids have hair like that, but mine did for sure. If I'd waited until November when he turned two it would have been down his back. 

It's up to her and Austin to decide when to cut his hair. I have seen people getting hate for the opposite reason. Chloe from Teen Mom UK kept getting comments telling her to cut her son Marley's hair, he has the cutest long blonde curly hair. She had recently said that Marley, her boyfriend, Jordan and other family members are all going to get their hair cut to raise money for cancer research UK. 

I think the parents should be allowed to make the decision of whether they cut their child's hair or not without getting hate either way.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I know Amy was about to open the store, but her New Years post "going to be the best year yet" (or something) screamed "we're trying for baby now." Joy said recently that she wants to be pregnant soon. It's not rocket science to throw some speculation out there and have a good chance of it coming true.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

If I had waited until #2 son was 2 to cut his hair, I'd have needed a lawnmower and a weedwhacker. He was BORN needing a haircut. I held off as long as i could but buzzed that hair off before his first birthday. His hair is thick and gorgeous and grows like it's on speed. Right now he has an asymmetric cut, but he needs to get it trimmed up every 3 weeks or so. He doesn't, so at some points he looks rather shaggy. 

Daughter and #1 son had hair at birth but nothing like #2 son. Daughter had light brown/reddish curls...and eventually long enough to pull the curl out. Growing up it was a brownish blonde but right now who knows what color her hair is. #1 son had brown hair at birth and not much of it. He has the same dark brown hair I do, he wears it short and sports a full beard. 

Damn I made some beautiful babies who grew into gorgeous adults (patting myself on the back for that). 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Pickles has finally irritated me in the worst way. I don't like the duggars, and Joy is not my pet fundie, but ffs let these people make their own f bombing announcements. I hope she isn't pregnant just to spite pickles.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Does anyone believe Pickles anymore though? She’s also “breaking the news” that James is courting Lauren Caldwell (based on a rando’s FB comments we talked about months ago).

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Does anyone believe Pickles anymore though? She’s also “breaking the news” that James is courting Lauren Caldwell (based on a rando’s FB comments we talked about months ago).

I actually think there’s something to the Jason/Lauren pairing, but yeah, Pickles hasn’t ‘scooped’ anything yet.  

Jason has been on a property buying spree of late...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I actually think there’s something to the Jason/Lauren pairing, but yeah, Pickles hasn’t ‘scooped’ anything yet.  

Jason has been on a property buying spree of late...

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Lauren ends up courting a Duggar, since she’s always hanging around them. I suspect that if it’s Jason, they’ll wait until he’s 18 and graduated from extremist paramilitary sleepaway camp to make it “official.”

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Lauren ends up courting a Duggar, since she’s always hanging around them. I suspect that if it’s Jason, they’ll wait until he’s 18 and graduated from extremist paramilitary sleepaway camp to make it “official.”

Jason just turned 19

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Pickles’s “pretty reliable source” doesn’t seem to be all that reliable. Although I’m also guessing that she’s just making it all up herself. 

“Hmm, not sure what to post about today, lemme pull something out of my ass”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Mea culpa, I confused him with James. This is why I can never have 19 kids ?

At least you know your limits. Unlike some people we know ... :pb_rollseyes:

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Mea culpa, I confused him with James. This is why I can never have 19 kids ?

And if by some fluke you did, you wouldn't give them all the same starting letter for their name.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic