IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 3: Too Many Deplorables

GreyhoundFan

25 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I checked out Burpee's and Guerney's, two seed catalogues that my dad always poured over and ordered from, and, as of April 8 or 9, they weren't accepting any more orders until after the 15th. Not sure what they are saying now.

Burpee: 10 business days for seeds and merch, 14 days after the grow zone opening date for live plants.
Gurney: "COVID-19 Update: We are taking orders and shipping daily, however, delays may be expected due to safety measures for our staff."

Of course, BT's assume this is all a liberal plot to make them starve so they'll surrender to an over-throw of Trump's government, not realising it was actually:
1.) Their fellow humans freaking out, foreseeing the end of civilisation, and deciding to stock up on seeds/plants (and toilet paper) and
2.) The people working at these places aren't immune to COVID-19, and calling out sick means fewer people working, which also means delays.

Ironically they're clamoring to 'open it back up' so apparently they don't understand the dangers of this taking down a bunch of farmers or supply chain employees!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Thank You 4

I wonder what the QAnon kids are up to?

In case you are having trouble seeing the entire picture, here you go:

Spoiler

image.png.7c5228f78109cd84a0fcab13c54c2a1e.png

Edited to add this tweet about Tom Hanks:

Spoiler

In case you are not aware of the kind of things the QAnon folks are saying about Hanks:

:cray-cray:

Edited by Cartmann99
added stuff about Tom Hanks
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 4

Don't know what to give Mom for Mother's Day? How about a MAGA coffee mug?

https://trumpmug.com/collections/mothers-day

Or the My Piillow guy's autobiography? (two minute commercial in article, I saw the commercial last night on CNN)

https://religiondispatches.org/you-can-take-the-boy-out-of-the-crack-house-mypillow-ceos-new-book-promo-has-deep-roots-in-american-christianity/

Or a fancy face mask? Yes, I know the company is donating three masks for every one sold, but they're made from leftover fabric, for crying out loud.

https://www.stjohnknits.com/a210cf9-0w1-solid-mask-splash

• Upvote 6

I just found out my mom donated 3 times last year to some PAC called "WinRed". Sigh.

• Upvote 3

On 5/1/2020 at 4:07 PM, JMarie said:

Don't know what to give Mom for Mother's Day? How about a MAGA coffee mug?

https://trumpmug.com/collections/mothers-day

Or the My Piillow guy's autobiography? (two minute commercial in article, I saw the commercial last night on CNN)

https://religiondispatches.org/you-can-take-the-boy-out-of-the-crack-house-mypillow-ceos-new-book-promo-has-deep-roots-in-american-christianity/

Or a fancy face mask? Yes, I know the company is donating three masks for every one sold, but they're made from leftover fabric, for crying out loud.

https://www.stjohnknits.com/a210cf9-0w1-solid-mask-splash

I'd give them one of these...

FuckTrumpMask.jpg.2ecfc3bec51410b7d43e097de5bfc9be.jpg

Meanwhile in Rock Island, Illinois a man got stupid about being filmed by a TV news cameraman

Police in Rock Island are looking for a man who assaulted a News 8 photographer in a parking lot and smashed his camera on the ground. 

The incident took place at 38th Street and 18th Avenue around 5 p.m. Friday, May 1. Working on a story, the photographer was getting footage of several local businesses in the area from the sidewalk. That's when a man approached him in a parking lot, expressing anger that he may have been filmed while driving by. 

The man first took the photographer's hat, and then ultimately took his camera and smashed it on the ground multiple times. 

Shortly after, the police were called and a report has been filed. 

The article doesn't say if he is or not but I'm willing to hop out on my nice worn limb and guess this guy: (a) is a total Branch Trumpvidian; or (b) has active warrants out for his arrest.  Or maybe a combination of the two. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/2/2020 at 1:39 PM, AmericanRose said:

I just found out my mom donated 3 times last year to some PAC called "WinRed". Sigh.

Here's what you do the next time they send a donation request to your mom. Mail the form back to them, with "please remove this address from your mailing list" on an attached post-it.  I did this a lot for my parents.  Worked like a charm for religious groups, political groups (that pesky ACLJ), and companies hawking supplements made from magical Amazonian fruits or Asian seaweed or whatever. It's worth the cost of a stamp.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Here's what you do the next time they send a donation request to your mom. Mail the form back to them, with "please remove this address from your mailing list" on an attached post-it.  I did this a lot for my parents.  Worked like a charm for religious groups, political groups (that pesky ACLJ), and companies hawking supplements made from magical Amazonian fruits or Asian seaweed or whatever. It's worth the cost of a stamp.

Sadly, I live 2100 miles from my parents... oh wait, that's actually a good thing. ?

But I have no doubt that she purposely donated to WinRed. She was talking at Christmas about how she donated to John James. My only surprise is that she hasn't donated directly to Trump.

ETA
In 2018, James tweeted that he would back President Trump "2,000%".

And that explains why she bothered donating!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4

On 5/5/2020 at 4:08 PM, JMarie said:

I don't even open it, just cross out my address, write "return to sender" on the envelope and leave it in the mail box. Eventually they get the message and I don't have to pay for postage. 

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked and unlocked this topic

Continued here:

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic