Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
GreyhoundFan

Branch Trumpvidians 3: Too Many Deplorables

Recommended Posts

Aggravated
GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

When the racist ghouls don't like you either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
51 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

 

What the fuck did I just read?

this is reminiscent of the yammering about the anti-Christ I heard as a kid.

how are these people allowed to vote and drive and raise children?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Dis funny 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WiseGirl

When someone on your Facebook feed complains they can't get CPAC coverage because  they liked too many speakers at the CPAC & were blocked by Facebook! 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. However, this does show me the mindset of what some people from where I used to live think.

But how can they not see how inept 45 is??? I know, they see what they want to, data, science,  and real journalism be damned.

Off to prep for the storm which in my case means buying food to cook.Food prep Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fraurosena
21 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

But how can they not see how inept 45 is??? I know, they see what they want to, data, science,  and real journalism be damned.

Cognitive dissonance is a remarkably strong internal force. Humans are incredibly bad at admitting their beliefs are wrong, and the human mind will jump through many hoops in order to avoid it. And I can understand that. If everything you thought was real turns out to be false, your whole world will seem to collapse into turmoil. It's almost an instinctive reaction to attempt to prevent that that frightening prospect. Now, I'm not trying to excuse horrible, callous behavior. I'm not trying to defend racist, misogynistic, hateful acts. These people do, however, really believe what they think. And they will defend those beliefs, denying cold hard facts if need be. Like I said, cognitive dissonance is strong.

But I do believe there are also simple people who thought they were electing a smart businessman who would shake up politics in Washington and make changes for the better, and some of them will be hard put to admitting they were wrong. And when they do, we should embrace them, not disparage them for believing something wrong before. They were gullible and fell for the con, and I have some sympathy for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hilarious
47of74
1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

 

As far as I'm concerned that's a threat that Falwell made and I've reported it accordingly. 

And here's someone else who is as tired of the trying to reach out and understand Branch Trumpvidians as I am.

Quote

I am as tired as anyone else is at the seemingly endless Goober safaris into those benighted precincts of Americans who helped hand us El Caudillo del Mar-a-Lago as our president*. I am even more tired of being told that the prescription for getting rid of this guy is to romance the daylights out of the unreconstructed ignorami who voted for him in the first place.

So imagine my complete lack of surprise when The New York Times sent yet another expedition out into the hinter-boondocks to see what the plaid-cap and camo set is thinking these days.

Jesus H. Christ in a wax museum, have we not heard enough from Ed Fcking Rendell? No presidential candidate—except Donald Trump—is "talking about socialism." The Green New Deal and Medicare For All are new policy proposals growing from policy positions and philosophies held by Democrats for at least 40 years.

Pierce is absolutely right.  It's time to say fuck that to anyone who thinks we should reach out and understand Branch Trumpvidians.  People who breathlessly demand the Democrats do that should go fuck themselves with particularly sharp farm implements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilverBeach
16 hours ago, fraurosena said:

But I do believe there are also simple people who thought they were electing a smart businessman who would shake up politics in Washington and make changes for the better, and some of them will be hard put to admitting they were wrong. And when they do, we should embrace them, not disparage them for believing something wrong before. They were gullible and fell for the con, and I have some sympathy for them. 

I don't. Dump showed no character, and they supported him nonetheless. Character always matters. Now that asshole is putting us all at risk. I will never embrace them, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onekidanddone
On 3/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, AmazonGrace said:

When the racist ghouls don't like you either.

 

Republicans eating their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Too little too late 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Also Jerome Corsi: 

What happened to CNN? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fraurosena
3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't. Dump showed no character, and they supported him nonetheless. Character always matters. Now that asshole is putting us all at risk. I will never embrace them, sorry.

But that would mean that even if one gains insight and admits to being wrong and/or doing wrong, they will never be able to redeem themselves. You made one big mistake, and now you’re doomed forever! I’m not that harsh. 

That said, I’m not advocating embracing them either. Just don’t blindly ostrasize them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SilverBeach
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, fraurosena said:

But that would mean that even if one gains insight and admits to being wrong and/or doing wrong, they will never be able to redeem themselves. You made one big mistake, and now you’re doomed forever! I’m not that harsh. 

That said, I’m not advocating embracing them either. Just don’t blindly ostrasize them. 

I hear you, and I'm not blindly ostracizing anyone, although to me, people who support this dumpster fire of a human being deserve ostracizing. I never said they could not redeem themselves. Morning Joe and his wife on MSNBC were staunch republicans who knew Dump and completely changed course. Of course they aren't doomed forever. Nothing I could ever say or do would be as harsh as what has come out of that side. I just have no good feelings whatsoever toward those who support him, and I'm not apologizing for it. I'm black, and the black president was indeed ostracized and treated like absolute dirt and is still being vilified by those supporting Dump. I actually have fear about my future and the future of this country. So excuse me for not having charitable feelings toward people that I perceive as my enemies. This is what Dump has brought, a horrible horrible nightmare. I came of age in the sixties when and never thought I would see a time as ugly as that again. I was wrong. That said, I hope they all see the light, but it will never happen because so many of them are like him. Hateful.

Edited by SilverBeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fraurosena
8 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I hear you, and I'm not blindly ostracizing anyone, although to me, people who support this dumpster fire of a human being deserve ostracizing. I never said they could not redeem themselves. Morning Joe and his wife on MSNBC were staunch republicans who knew Dump and completely changed course. Of course they aren't doomed forever. Nothing I could ever say or do would be as harsh as what has come out of that side. I just have no good feelings whatsoever toward those who support him, and I'm not apologizing for it. I'm black, and the black president was indeed ostracized and treated like absolute dirt and is still being vilified by those supporting Dump. I actually have fear about my future and the future of this country. So excuse me for not having charitable feelings toward people that I perceive as my enemies. This is what Dump has brought, a horrible horrible nightmare. I came of age in the sixties when and never thought I would see a time as ugly as that again. I was wrong. That said, I hope they all see the light, but it will never happen because so many of them are like him. Hateful.

I hear you too. People who are continuing to support him, knowing how awful he is, do deserve ostracizing. Hatred, racism and misogyny have no place in a democratic, productive society. It's horrible how the presidunce has condoned and normalized these destructive human traits. I understand your fear, and of course I will excuse you for not having charitable feelings for them. (Although, who am I to excuse you? I'm just a random person on the internet :pb_wink:)

On the positive side though, this canker in society has now been exposed. It's also a chance to purge and cleanse. Take stock of who you really want to be as a country.

This evil minority will not prevail. I'm sure of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fraurosena
3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

 

Now you know where the presidunce gets his ideas from. 

I love this interviewer by the way. He's not letting that arrogant evil asshole get away with his nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aggravated
GreyhoundFan

The BTs have started the "lock her up" crap with AOC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
smittykins

For Representing while brown and female.

I’m seeing some horrible anti-AOC memes on my FB feed lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

AOC was a girl scout so girl scouts are the devil 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drala
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 5:38 AM, fraurosena said:

<snip> But I do believe there are also simple people who thought they were electing a smart businessman who would shake up politics in Washington and make changes for the better, and some of them will be hard put to admitting they were wrong. And when they do, we should embrace them, not disparage them for believing something wrong before. They were gullible and fell for the con, and I have some sympathy for them. 

I've seen some analyses that suggest this group represents about 15% of Trump supporters, with the remaining 25% being cult zombies under the influence of intractable cognitive dissonance.  I'd put my brother-in-law in the group of "simple people who thought they were electing a smart businessman who would shake up politics in Washington,"  except he's also a bigot and Trump's racist rhetoric also appeals to him.  That's one reason some folks are gullible for the Trump con--he juices their fears and prejudices.

Edited by Drala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite
On 3/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

 

If this is real please tell me there is a video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.