IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 3: Too Many Deplorables

GreyhoundFan

20 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Yea I’m busy that day with plans for a root canal, colonoscopy, and watching the Small Wonder marathon

Dear Rufus and Chuck, that violates the Geneva Convention!

• I Agree 2
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Dear Rufus and Chuck, that violates the Geneva Convention!

Chuck?

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Spoiler: it doesn't end well

The most important sentence from that article:

The media shouldn’t treat Trump’s devotees as America’s only relevant people.

This is so true. All the focus is on 'Trump's base'.  Stop with all the attention already, it makes it seem that they have to be appeased at all costs. They are a very small minority group ffs. They may be loud and vociferous, but they most certainly don't represent the values of the majority of Americans. By giving them all that attention, they are being made out to be much more (both in literal numbers and in actual relevance) than they actually are. 

Edited by fraurosena
crap, merged posts again
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Artist Sues Smithsonian After It Declined to Display His 16-Foot Painting of Trump   Reportedly, the National Portrait Gallery’s director told Julian Raven the painting was “too political,” “too big,” and “no good.”

I didn't bother to read this article, because the title pretty much says it all. 

I will confess, I did click on the article just so I could see the painting, and all I can say is, "Oh my!" I think the best part is Trump's hair.  It looks like he could sit on the nose of a rocket blasting into outer space, and not a hair on his head would move. I'm no art major, but the painting looks like it's FOX News channel quality. (You know, poor quality, but the Fox faithful would snap it up.)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

For those following the Jeffrey Epstein plea deal exposé by the Miami Herald, here's an update: 

She was the victim in Jeffrey Epstein’s secret plea deal. She didn’t even know it   Julie K. Brown is the journalist. 

Refresher: Miami U.S. Attorney Alexander Acosta, who engineered the original plea deal granting immunity to Epstein, is now the US Sec. of Labor.  

Here's a link to the Miami Herald's recent (and excellent) investigative series on the case:  Perversion of Justice.

• Thank You 3

Every time I think the RW nutjobs couldn't get crazier or stupider, they prove me wrong: "A Conservative Author Just Tweeted That It Wasn’t Too Late to Impeach President Obama and the Internet Made Him Regret It Immediately"

Spoiler

The assertion in Attorney General William Barr’s summary of the Mueller Report that Special Counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives to influence the 2016 election have emboldened many Conservatives to take revenge on Democrats.

Trump’s impeachment seems highly unlikely, but Conservative author and President of Judicial Watch Tom Fitton called for a different impeachment: former President Barack Obama’s.

People were…confused.

image.png.b10050f1744b36350ecbc3b6fc179358.png

image.png.6b142dbc64801fdd495e7aec3dc118b0.png

It’s not clear what Fitton thinks would come of impeaching Obama. The impeachment process in the United States is “remedial, not penal,” and “judgments are limited to no more than removal from office and disqualification to hold future office,” according to Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute.

Impeaching Obama would obviously not remove him from office, and it doesn’t “expunge his presidency,” as many conservative Twitter commenters seem to believe.

It would prevent him from holding any other office in the future.

Fitton is the author of Clean House and The Corruption Chronicles, and is president of the Judicial Watch, a “conservative, non-partisan educational foundation” that has been doggedly attempting to bring charges against both Obama and Hillary Clinton.

This isn’t the first time Fitton has made noises about impeaching Obama.

He Tweeted “Obama, btw, can still be impeached” in May of 2018.

“If there is anyone who needs to be on the dock, it would be President Obama,” Fitton once said in an interview, stressing that Obama employed a “Nixonian use of various agencies to target candidate Trump.”

image.png.58710d4940dd74b2a07fa2a3028897a0.png

It’s unlikely that Fitton’s cries to impeach Obama will result in anything…but it seems unlikely that he’ll stop trying to as well.

• WTF 6

I'm posting this here, using this thread as a catchall.  It's not meant as a criticism of Catholicism per se, so if you're Catholic, please don't take offense.  I'm addressing Catholicism in the same way that I criticize Fundies like Pompeo.  Anyway, powerful Catholics in DC, and some, including William Barr, are influenced by Opus Dei.  

Here ya go: 

I've become more aware of this recently, but it's important to note how many Catholics are in positions of power and whose beliefs inform their decisions.  AG William Barr is a member of Opus Dei.  I'm not implying that all of the following are members of Opus Dei or whose beliefs underlie their policy and focus in politics, but likely some/many of them are.  

• Steve Bannon
  • Kellyanne and George Conway
  • Bill and Darla Shine 
  • The Schlapps
  • Newt and Brunhilde Gingrich
  • Larry Kudlow
  • Brett Kavanaugh
  • Leonard Leo, executive vice president of the Federalist Society
  • Sam Brownback
  • Mick Mulvaney
  • John Kelly
  • James Mattis 
  • Samuel Alito
  • John Roberts
  • Clarence Thomas

This article discusses the focus of Opus Dei and it's influence in Washington.  

“Opus Dei’s Influence is Felt in All of Washington’s Corridors of Power”

<snips>

The Opus Dei Catholic Information Center’s “members and leaders continue to have an outsize impact on policy and politics. It is the conservative spiritual and intellectual center … and its influence is felt in all of Washington’s corridors of power,” stated the Washington Post.

...Opus Dei’s influence is enormous in the U.S. judiciary.

...As an example of  Opus Dei-affiliated military personnel, veteran investigative reporter Seymour Hersh “claimed that Gen. Stanley McChrystal, Vice Admiral William McRaven and others in the JSOC were members of the Knights of Malta and Opus Dei.”  JSOC is “the elite Special Ops force” who killed Osama bin Laden. “We’re gonna change mosques into cathedrals … This is not an atypical attitude among some military – it’s a crusade, literally,” Hersh reported. “He added that members of these societies have developed a secret set of insignias that represent ‘the whole notion that this is a culture war’ between religions.”

• Upvote 3

To add to this, I don't know how many are members of Opus Dei, but there seem to be a lot of Catholics who work at Fox News.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

At times like these I really, really wish we had an eye-roll upvote. WTF just doesn't do it justice.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

I so despise Newt:

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked, unlocked and locked this topic