IGNORED

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

samurai_sarah

I only really started learning about the Duggars because of J&D's courtship announcement and the weird rules they had to follow intrigued me enough to find out more, which eventually led me here . I knew a little about the family from articles/interviews mostly about Josie's early arrival but that's about it. So for me they did take that hit of "WTF are side hugs and they"re seriously not going to kiss till they get married?".

I do think Jill getting married before Jessa with a shorter courtship/engagement, and getting pregnant on her honeymoon added to the rushed feel. 

On another note, Wreck is displaying his love of all things phallic again.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I only really started learning about the Duggars because of J&D's courtship announcement and the weird rules they had to follow intrigued me enough to find out more, which eventually led me here . I knew a little about the family from articles/interviews mostly about Josie's early arrival but that's about it. So for me they did take that hit of "WTF are side hugs and they"re seriously not going to kiss till they get married?".

I do think Jill getting married before Jessa with a shorter courtship/engagement, and getting pregnant on her honeymoon added to the rushed feel. 

Of course he could get used to free food, since getting married to Jill he expects to have every thing handed to him. Now that he gravy train left the station without him, he has to take what he can get.  Ugh he is such a pig.

ETA: Protein from a corn dog? If I didn't know better I would think he went to the Duggar Skool of the Dining Room Table.

Why, why, why would you put mustard on the same plate as a funnel cake?!?! Monster! ?

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

I swear, he’s seriously just got to be hoping people will make jokes at this point. There’s no way he looked at this and didn’t realize it was practically begging for jokes to be made. Maybe it’s part of that whole social media, “I’m such a fucking misunderstood martyr please love me Jesus!!!!” thing he’s got going on. 

6 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Bring in Gramma Vuolo and her openness and people see a cute family that loves being together. The Duggars present as cold and unfeeling most times.

Then there's Grandma Dillard and her hairbrush...

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Poor Jill, part of her disintegration is likely caused by her slow realization that the shitty tactics her parents swore by are not accepted at all by mainstream, healthy, even faith filled adults, maybe even her husband and MIL. Can you imagine the mind screwing she has likely faced? I think Jessa, Josh and Jinger realized along the way to maturation that a great deal of what JB and M did and espoused borders on utter bullshite.

That’s a good point, of those 3 girls Jill always seemed like she had drunk the most kool-aid and was a massive Daddy’s-girl, so discovering her parents are far from perfect would have hit her hardest.

Thin people can still have problems with high blood pressure and can still be eating things that are bad for the their cardiovascular system. As we all know, they eat a high-sodium diet.

Do you think Derick and Jill see a doctor at least once a year for a check up? With all of the sodium they eat, they should find out what their blood pressure is. 

A corn dog and a funnel cake would be a hell of a lot more appealing than the 4 cans-of-soup casserole stuff Jills making at home. And yes, @CharlieInCharge, that mustard next to the funnel cake is an absolute SIN. @Dandruff, what is the hairbrush thing?

8 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

ETA: Protein from a corn dog? If I didn't know better I would think he went to the Duggar Skool of the Dining Room Table.

Well, the hotdog part of a corn dog has some protein. It's pretty low quality protein (too much bad fat and sodium), but it's still protein. (And my occasional corn dogs are between me and Sonic's 50 cent corn dog special. :kitty-wink:)

I will raise you a side hug and show you a hand shake. Growing up my family was NOT the touchy feelly  type. My mother was raised by 2 very stoic Germans, my dad told me when I was 7 months old I got deathly ill, my grandmother flew to Arkansas from Wisconsin, because they weren't expecting me to survive. He said when she got there, there were no hugs for comfort, no comforting words, they shook hands and shared the details of what was going on with me.  We don't hug, now my sister and I have changed that, we are both very demonstrative with our affection. She hugs and kisses my kids, I hug and kiss her kids, her husband is a huger. It makes my mother very uncomfortable to see my BIL hugging myself and my 19 year old daughter. So uncomfortable in fact she made an elaborate lie about it, that blew up in her face, because I know my sister better than she knows her daughter.  

TL;DR weird side hugging and no touching isn't just a evangelical thing, evil Catholics can go next level and make any sign of affection awkward. 

Okaaaay... the man obsessed with others' genitalia poses with a suggestively placed stiff weiner.  

He's dim, but he's not that dim.  

Meanwhile Jill is feeding her kids chili in the bathtub. These two suck at social media. 

39 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Meanwhile Jill is feeding her kids chili in the bathtub. These two suck at social media. 

Because they had to finish their dinner, WTH. What kind of parents with healthy kids takes their kids’ dinner into the bathroom/tub to make them finish the portion? These folks are more than a couple of bricks shy of a complete intellectual load.

This is entirely subjective and apropos of nothing, but Sam is the cutest kid of the Duggar clan. Too bad his parents are completely batshit.

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I will raise you a side hug and show you a hand shake. Growing up my family was NOT the touchy feelly  type. My mother was raised by 2 very stoic Germans, my dad told me when I was 7 months old I got deathly ill, my grandmother flew to Arkansas from Wisconsin, because they weren't expecting me to survive. He said when she got there, there were no hugs for comfort, no comforting words, they shook hands and shared the details of what was going on with me.  We don't hug, now my sister and I have changed that, we are both very demonstrative with our affection. She hugs and kisses my kids, I hug and kiss her kids, her husband is a huger. It makes my mother very uncomfortable to see my BIL hugging myself and my 19 year old daughter. So uncomfortable in fact she made an elaborate lie about it, that blew up in her face, because I know my sister better than she knows her daughter.  

TL;DR weird side hugging and no touching isn't just a evangelical thing, evil Catholics can go next level and make any sign of affection awkward. 

Some people are just not huggers/don't link to be touched and that's just fine. (Although it's obviously not fine to be so uncomfortable that you try to get other people not to be affectionate with each other. And it's sad when it apparently extends to one's own children.) I have a good friend who doesn't really like to be touched except by her partner. She'll hug you back when you give her a hug because that's the social norm in our circles (this is in Germany btw), but she won't initiate a hug and (to someone who knows her well) she's visibly uncomfortably when someone hugs her. So, because I love and respect her, I just give her a high five when I see her, and I'm extra touched and honored when she does initiate a hug (like when we said goodbye when I moved to the US, or when I visited and we saw each other for the first time after a year).

All that said, I think what's most weird about the Duggars' side hugs is that they kind of introduced it is a modesty/courtship thing (not being too close physicially before marriage), but then they also only side-hug each other. That makes it seem like you can't give your brother or sister or mom or dad a regular hug for fear of being to close and, what, arousing the other person? :puke-front:

TLDR: Like with most other things, the Duggars are just fucking weird about physical touch.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Because they had to finish their dinner, WTH. What kind of parents with healthy kids takes their kids’ dinner into the bathroom/tub to make them finish the portion? These folks are more than a couple of bricks shy of a complete intellectual load.

And, what kind of parents post that shit on social media?!  I get so skeeved out when parents post naked-yet-covered pics on their kids on the internet. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

What?  Where is this?

What the heck, either let them leave the last few bites or wait until they are finished to bathe them. 

You know, most of the things Jill/Derick post on IG aren’t IG worthy. At all. It’s one thing to feed your children chili in the bathtub but why is she showing everyone? Jill doesn’t feel normal unless there is a camera filming. This isn’t groundbreaking but I’m becoming more and more puzzled as to why the Dillard’s feel they need a social media presence.

14 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

What the heck, either let them leave the last few bites or wait until they are finished to bathe them. 

Common sense be damned

5 minutes ago, BlondeIdol said:

You know, most of the things Jill/Derick post on IG aren’t IG worthy. At all. It’s one thing to feed your children chili in the bathtub but why is she showing everyone? Jill doesn’t feel normal unless there is a camera filming. This isn’t groundbreaking but I’m becoming more and more puzzled as to why the Dillard’s feel they need a social media presence.

I have a feeling quite a few of them have taken outside attention and media approval as a part of their self esteem and self worth. They find their value in the likes and comments - their parents screwed them all up imo. It reminds me of child starts in Hollywood who can't figure out to exist outside of entertainment and the media.

1 minute ago, lexiloumarie said:

I have a feeling quite a few of them have taken outside attention and media approval as a part of their self esteem and self worth. They find their value in the likes and comments - their parents screwed them all up imo. It reminds me of child starts in Hollywood who can't figure out to exist outside of entertainment and the media.

Well, that bathtub photo is linked to her blog, so click bait for cash is likely the biggest driver.

19 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Why, why, why would you put mustard on the same plate as a funnel cake?!?! Monster! ?

Maybe it's lemon curd? Oh, who am I kidding? This is DeWreck we're talking about!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived