IGNORED

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

samurai_sarah

12 minutes ago, karen77 said:

It's actually not bad, pretty tasty. Done this in the past.

Really? This is the first I've heard of using that in sloppy joes. We've always gone the ground beef, brown sugar, mustard and ketchup route. What does it taste like? Did you add anything else to it? 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Really? This is the first I've heard of using that in sloppy joes. We've always gone the ground beef, brown sugar, mustard and ketchup route. What does it taste like? Did you add anything else to it? 

that is what I do but I also add vinegar. 

5 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

well, I didn't use it in sloppy joes. Just hamburgers for the grill.

1 minute ago, karen77 said:

well, I didn't use it in sloppy joes. Just hamburgers for the grill.

Oh, okay, I'll have to try that.

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

that is what I do but I also add vinegar. 

I'll have to try that.

When my kid still ate meat I'd use an onion soup mix packet in a breading to make home made chicken strips. 

20 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

pre-corrupted

I kind of need this to be a user post count title.

Count me in on one who thought Jill's comments was okay and not akward. Her advice was decent and... I don't know, I communicate with my siblings and relatives on Facebook or other social media. :confusion-shrug:

Maybe Jessa didn't reach out much to her family IRL.

I don't think this was about Jessa trying to reach out to anyone for advice. It was about continuing her relatable, "look at all the diapers on my nightstand" social media persona that she has been cultivating for the past couple of years ever since having babies distracted her from her regularly scheduled abortion > the Holocaust posts. 

2 minutes ago, mstee said:

What does Anna mean about “poopie training” rather than potty training first? 

Best guess? She taught their kids to poop on the potty before she taught them to pee on the potty. I’m not exactly sure how you’d do that and I haven’t heard of a method like that before, but there are a lot of ways to potty train and I wouldn’t be surprised to learn this is a thing. 

I think she said she notices them 'in the act' and takes them to finish up by sitting on the potty.

I have to admit that we have been sort of "poopie training" LittleJuly since birth.

Basically we have been following some of the diaper-free/EC principles without going truly diaper-free. I used to notice very easily from the beginning when she had to go, and we'd then hold her (over a used diaper, sink, toilet or potty) and she'd poo. It went incredibly quickly that she showed a marked dislike of pooping in the diaper and would get visibly upset in the rare cases she had an accident (usually in the car when we couldn't stop on time). We've maybe had a total of 15 poopy diapers since LittleJuly's birth.

She is 8 months old now, and will crawl towards me and complain when she has to poo.

I hope we will be able to keep the momentum until she'll actually start using the potty by herself.

Anna's method worked for my daughter at 18 months. I think it works really well for toddlers who hate having dirty diapers. Mine had gotten to the point of angrily trying to extract herself from her pants and diaper, so once she realized there was another option she was gold. I did have to help her with her clothes and logistics of getting on and off for quite a while due to her age, but that's not a big deal. 

Kids will use the potty when they are ready for it, and not a minute before. 

7 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Anna's method worked for my daughter at 18 months. I think it works really well for toddlers who hate having dirty diapers. Mine had gotten to the point of angrily trying to extract herself from her pants and diaper, so once she realized there was another option she was gold. I did have to help her with her clothes and logistics of getting on and off for quite a while due to her age, but that's not a big deal. 

Kids will use the potty when they are ready for it, and not a minute before. 

Mine was a late starter compared to my friend's kids at 3. But after hearing their stories of all the accidents on furniture, the floor etc..... I'm glad I waited. He had maybe one accident. 

I think that every kid is different and while most potty train by age three, sometimes it takes a little longer. My sister tried doing it earlier with her two kids and it took them quite a while to get the hang of it. My son was a little over two when I potty trained him. He was definitely ready but he is a stubborn kid (he may have gotten that from me) so while I tried a somewhat gentler approach earlier with pull ups and taking him to the bathroom frequently, he would just wait and go in his pull up. Second attempt a few weeks later, I was just about out of regular diapers and there was no way I was buying another box because I knew he was ready and it was a long weekend so I had time to devote to this.

He had a few accidents before he decided that wet underwear is gross and maybe the potty was better and that was about it. He had only a couple of accidents after that, mostly when I wasn't being quite as vigilant about reminding him. Now several months later, he goes most of the time by himself without much prompting. I also used smarties as a reward at first, which appalled my in-laws. A friend suggested it as it was helpful with her child. It was really helpful at the start and probably about a month in, he mostly had stopped asking for them afterwards so there was no long lasting negative effects from it.

13 minutes ago, pippi said:

I have a confession I've been holding onto. 

Ready?

I got curious and made and tried the BBQ tuna. 

I'm judging me, too. 

Well...I bought Function hair products from a link on Alyssa Webster’s IG. Yep, I’m an enabler. I do like the products.

51 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well...I bought Function hair products from a link on Alyssa Webster’s IG. Yep, I’m an enabler. I do like the products.

Yours is way less gross, but I appreciate the solidarity. 

In my defense, I did some googling first and discovered that it was a thing before and outside of the Duggars (despite JB's certainty that he "invented" it). It honestly was not bad. 

What am I saying? It's indefensible. 

(Edit: Removing my asking how the products were because you say IN THE POST I QUOTED that you liked them...doy)

17 minutes ago, pippi said:

Ready?

I'm judging me, too. 

I'm holding off with the judging until you tell us how it was.

Just now, SweetJuly said:

I'm holding off with the judging until you tell us how it was.

It really wasn't bad. I used good quality tuna and whole foods BBQ sauce with some chopped onion/carrot/celery. Put it on toast with lettuce and put chips and chopped avocado on the side. My inclination is to write it off as I'm a pescatarian and have a soft spot for things that have BBQ or bacon-y flavors as a novelty, but I gave it to my BF and told him it was sloppy joes (?) and while he realized after a few bites it was not, he also liked it and didn't identify it as tuna. 

I helped potty train many kids working with toddlers. I've seen kids who have underwear under their diapers/pull ups or with one of those plastic underwear things over to decrease the mess of potty training, that method seems to be pretty good. I also have seen a couple kids basically potty train themselves because they see their peers doing it. On the rare occasion that that works it is GREAT. no mess, no hassle, they see others do it (not actually watching, but see them go into the stall and know they dont have a diaper change) and want to do the same, once they're dry for a few days let them try underwear. Of course most kids won't do that, but that is my absolute favorite when it works. Staying on the toilet until they go (then hearing about it being THE BEST THING EVER when they do go) works for a lot of kids, but you have to make it pleasant for them. Videos on the iPad, games, etc. Jill's advice was pretty close to what I'd recommend.

24 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is interesting:

0DE7E9EA-3FAE-4DBF-BA94-C496D9EEEE2D.jpeg

I think its funny that people think Jessa would actually post that comment on her sisters instagram if Jill wasn't invited to come. 

That would be a pretty extreme level of aggressively rude behavior. 

2 hours ago, pippi said:

Ready?

I'm judging me, too. 

I think JB might have had a hand in this.

I had the sweet & spicy, and it was actually good. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived