IGNORED

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

samurai_sarah

37 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Really? That weirdly surprises me and yet at the same time doesn't surprise me at all. I need to go back and find this talk, it sounds like a goldmine. I don't know if I'd ever get myself to sit through three hours of that, though... major props to those of you who could manage it.

Oh it is a goldmine! I love finding JB and Michelle talks (they did one not too long ago at the church Jabbie merried in) because they are so much more illuminating than the show. Sort of like the early days of 19kac before they became savvy enough to not say too much in mainstream media. I sort of want to get a free month of embassy media like (I think) @lizzybee suggested because that site has a ton of JB and Michelle talks and testimonies plus so talks from the daughters and some are fairly recent. They also have Bill Gothards shit and the pineapple story and that financial freedom seminar JB is always going on about. 

They are always more candid in front of their own audience and let their guard down more when they know they are preaching to the choir. And that's when they actually talk about interesting and controversial stuff that they have clammed up about otherwise. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Is Derick just trying to troll here or is he implying he actually drinks alcohol?

image.png.87202d3a3aba9e54a467cfb515c818ac.png

He did mention in his last blog that his other stories are best told over a frosty one as his professor once said. Hmmmmm. If he is, that must freak Jill out. Or, maybe she digs an adult beverage here and there.  I relate. I'm not a big drinker but I like brunch mimosas or a cocktail or 2 after work while making dinner. 

On the toothbrush as a treat. Perfection! Something they need, a great habit and it's a prize? Win-win. Won't last long, enjoy it!

• Upvote 12

I probably wouldnt think of getting a toothbrush as a reward for my kids but maybe I should. They freaking love their freebie bag of toothbrush, toothpaste and sticker when they go to their 6 month dentist appointments. They still get very excited about that shit and they are 9, 5 and 4. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

It's interesting, because he's beating around the bush in the article by attributing that phrasing to his professor, and then he phrases his tweet in a way that could have a couple different interpretations. Either way, he seems to be trying to create speculation that he's drinking and rebelling. Seems if Fundie Jesus doesn't approve of drinking he probably wouldn't approve of trying to get attention and being a "poser" drinker. 

• Upvote 11

21 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

For as much as we say about Priscilla, with the exception of being in a patriarchal cult, she is SO good with her children. Yes, her values and beliefs are hateful and don't match my own, but she's excellent at talking her children in a clear way that they can comprehend. From what I've seen, she's gentle, loving, and patient. It seems as though her expectations of them are age-appropriate and she seems to honestly enjoy being a mother. I think this is probably one of the best examples--she is straight up beaming at her daughters:

I say all this knowing that these kiddos are most likely receiving corporal punishment, which I do not advocate or support. But as far as fundie mothers go, I think Priscilla is one of the better ones.

Interesting, thanks for posting! I had not seen any of their family videos. 

Those kids sat through 3 hours of that nonsense? I would have been an atheist by the time they let me out. How many times do they have to repeat themselves? Be nice to your younger siblings. Thank you. I got it the first time. I have to get through this in small doses.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

During the Q & A, someone asks about finding a spouse despite not being "pure." David just looks aghast, so Priscilla takes over for him, discussing her parents and the status of both in regards to their virginity on the wedding day (hint: the good, godly Christian woman was able to forgive this saved man). MEchelle earns her nickname by prattling on about herself again, which is what she did in response to the question about how they felt about some of their daughters wearing pants.

But around 2 hours 4 minutes, JB talks about a 19 or 20 year old who'd been saved out of high school and was struggling.  JB inquired if the guy had any "homosexual tendencies." The dude broke down about how his two older brothers had "taken advantage of him when he was smaller and just how he'd had some problems in that area and stuff, well this guy ended up going and asking God to forgive him, and he got his life right with the Lord, and  went on and got married and  had a son and the lord has used him and he's done a lot of missionary work around the world. God has used him. So it doesn't matter what kind of sin...whatever, whatever it is, God can forgive, and your spouse can forgive." [bolding and italics mine]

JB is openly blaming the victim of molestation for being molested.  Again.  WTF is wrong with him that he can't learn?

It's so true that these horrible talks give so much more insight into their lives than the show does. But it's horrifying to see.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 33
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

JB is openly blaming the victim of molestation for being molested.  Again.  WTF is wrong with him that he can't learn?

It's so true that these horrible talks give so much more insight into their lives than the show does. But it's horrifying to see.

Holy smokes. On one hand I'm not at all surprised, because it's JB. On the other hand, why the fuck would he still think that's ok? The man truely has some awful beliefs

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

39 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I probably wouldnt think of getting a toothbrush as a reward for my kids but maybe I should. They freaking love their freebie bag of toothbrush, toothpaste and sticker when they go to their 6 month dentist appointments. They still get very excited about that shit and they are 9, 5 and 4. 

I still get excited about that shit and I'm a few multiples of 9!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I’ve bookmarked this for later only I don’t want Mr. OneKid or OneKid to find out. I think I have a fundy problem 

2 minutes ago, brogue said:

Holy smokes. On one hand I'm not at all surprised, because it's JB. On the other hand, why the fuck would he still think that's ok? The man truely has some awful beliefs

JB and MeMeMeschelle are really fucked up. They obviously blame their daughters for Josh’s abuse and Anna for his cheating. My heart breaks for all the daughters especially the lost girls

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

@Beermeet there are some fundies who drink. They are humans who have individual hang ups and concerns not the Borg collective after all :) 

D dill grew up fairly secular so a cold one occasionally is not a ticket to ruin and hell to him. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Saw this was hot... was expecting an announcement!

I often think that! I’ve learnt to not always get too excited when I see the word HOT! on FJ.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

@Beermeet there are some fundies who drink. They are humans who have individual hang ups and concerns not the Borg collective after all :) 

D dill grew up fairly secular so a cold one occasionally is not a ticket to ruin and hell to him. 

Sure, you may think that now. But, Satan could be hiding in a craft beer or green bean can. You never know. I'm chancing it on booze. My green beans are bought fresh just to be safe!  Trying to be careful here. ???

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Really? I thought they said his friend(s) were smoking and drinking... and one of them was a pastors son. The pastor's son was definitely smoking and drinking. I think Austin was the only godly boy in this group and he influenced another boy to be more godly and now that boy is married to his sister and Austin is married to Joy and their lives are great....meanwhile one of the other boys who didn't listen to Austin...well he (accidentally?) fucking gouged his eye out with a screwdriver or some shit!

...That's what happens.

I don't think he said Austin did any of that baaad stuff but he had to separate himself from his friends that did and lead who would listen out. Which is good because otherwise with all that house flipping he would have certainly lost an eye or cut off his hand by now.

Then it was in the 25 minute video of only JB & Michelle’s portion that I linked here a few pages ago that I found that’s not on David’s blog because I specifically remember JB saying Austin was smoking and drinking.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Sure, you may think that now. But, Satan could be hiding in a craft beer or green bean can. You never know. I'm chancing it on booze. My green beans are bought fresh just to be safe!  Trying to be careful here. ???

At my first job there was this one Sargent who was convinced the man who invented the xerox machine was possessed by Satan. Guy was wacked

• WTF 1
  • Haha 8

43 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’ve bookmarked this for later only I don’t want Mr. OneKid or OneKid to find out. I think I have a fundy problem 

JB and MeMeMeschelle are really fucked up. They obviously blame their daughters for Josh’s abuse and Anna for his cheating. My heart breaks for all the daughters especially the lost girls

I wouldn’t put it past JB and Michelle to continuously guilt trip Anna to the point of saying something nasty to her and causing her to go on Instagramming her running goals...

David Waller said something about being careful how a girl treats the men in her life or she might “Put walls between you” (once married).

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

I did defend Jill on Instagram over some of the comments on the Instagram post, as someone who is beginning to reduce their waste and plastic consumption, I'd rather see people pick something that is more practical than a sticker, balloon or plastic toy that breaks or they get bored with after 5 minutes. If he hasn't had character toothbrushes or toothpaste before then is probably something he is pleased with. Jill probably could have used something better to promote for an add but I have no issue with that as his reward.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I would be driven to smoke and drink too if I lived in the fucking Panopticon and the only time I didn’t have the World’s Strictest Parents breathing down my neck was when I was on the toilet.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, apandaaries said:

During the Q & A, someone asks about finding a spouse despite not being "pure." David just looks aghast, so Priscilla takes over for him, discussing her parents and the status of both in regards to their virginity on the wedding day (hint: the good, godly Christian woman was able to forgive this saved man). MEchelle earns her nickname by prattling on about herself again, which is what she did in response to the question about how they felt about some of their daughters wearing pants.

Okay, wait, someone boofed Anna and Priscilla's dad ....optionally?  LOL!   (I had to go back and reread this post ... at first I thought you were referring to David Waller which was even more improbable...)

• Haha 15

5 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Oh it is a goldmine! I love finding JB and Michelle talks (they did one not too long ago at the church Jabbie merried in) because they are so much more illuminating than the show. Sort of like the early days of 19kac before they became savvy enough to not say too much in mainstream media. I sort of want to get a free month of embassy media like (I think) @lizzybee suggested because that site has a ton of JB and Michelle talks and testimonies plus so talks from the daughters and some are fairly recent. They also have Bill Gothards shit and the pineapple story and that financial freedom seminar JB is always going on about. 

They are always more candid in front of their own audience and let their guard down more when they know they are preaching to the choir. And that's when they actually talk about interesting and controversial stuff that they have clammed up about otherwise. 

Where is the talk they gave at Abbie’s church?

• Upvote 1

I'm appalled that Michelle and Jim Bob are shown on Counting On, even more so after reading what they had to say at this particular event. Did they not think what they had to say wouldn't become public? 

These two disgust me.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Really? I thought they said his friend(s) were smoking and drinking... and one of them was a pastors son. The pastor's son was definitely smoking and drinking. I think Austin was the only godly boy in this group and he influenced another boy to be more godly and now that boy is married to his sister and Austin is married to Joy and their lives are great....meanwhile one of the other boys who didn't listen to Austin...well he (accidentally?) fucking gouged his eye out with a screwdriver or some shit!

...That's what happens.

I don't think he said Austin did any of that baaad stuff but he had to separate himself from his friends that did and lead who would listen out. Which is good because otherwise with all that house flipping he would have certainly lost an eye or cut off his hand by now.

That's what I heard too. I didn't hear them say that Austin smoked or drank (although I admit, I did skip through some of it) I heard them mention Austin's story twice. Once at the beginning while they were waiting for Pecan thief and once towards the end but didn't hear them say he actually smoked and drank either time. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic