IGNORED

Dillards 74: The Dill in the Pickle

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, Firebird said:

Interesting insight to the Dillard marriage. Derick doesn't believe in finding "the one." I feel like that makes it more likely that Jill fit his list of criteria and he married her without worrying about compatibility or really getting to know one another. They don't divorce so obviously it will work, because there is no other alternative.

i don't believe anything that derick writes after that lovely post about him being 300 pounds...click bait that man is. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Bob mentioned that he tried to talk Michelle out of the not wearing pants anymore when she first brought it up, also it seems like Michelle is the one that is more upset about the pants wearing and Jim Bob doesn’t really seem to care either way as long as they are “modest”. I for one think that pants in a lot of cases are more modest than skirts or dresses. 

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

JB and Michelle join David & Priscilla on stage for Q&A time.

The are actually two videos are on David and Priscilla's blog but I will link the first one featuring JB & Michelle below here. The second video on their blog is David preaching his testimony and pompous advice for families while someone translates. 

The first video is three hours long and features JB & Michelle at the beginning for about 20 minutes, then only David & Priscilla, and the end of the video features both JB&Michelle and the Pecans together taking questions from the audience. They are asked pretty awkward questions.

At times, Priscilla looks very nervous and looks at David, mid-sentence saying "Sorry, I am getting confused" and stops her sentence. I hope David is not forcing Priscilla to get on stage and I really hope it's something she actually wants to do.

• JB & Michelle finish up their love story right and introduce David & Priscilla at around 24 minutes

They make NO mention of Josh... Apparently, David Waller is taking Josh Duggar's place within the Duggar family?
JB &Michelle's introduction of Priscilla is AWKWARD:  
JB:"Priscilla is the sister of... Anna..." 
Michelle: "Anna, Anna Duggar" 
JB: "...who is our Daughter-in-Law... Anyway, and we just appreciate David and Priscilla and their love for..."
Michelle: "And we love them! They're kind of like our kids!"

• David & Pris begin their talk for 1 hour and 33 minutes. They start handing out Duggar Daughter books at 1:33:55 minutes
  • JB & Michelle join David & Pris on stage for AWKWARD Q&A time at 1:34:08 minutes 
  • JB tells the story of Austin's rebellion and redemption at 1:34:31 minutes
  • PANTS-WEARING QUESTION 1:37:50 @FluffySnowball JB explains he saw a question regarding pants "Uhh, I glanced over and saw this question, and it's a good question maybe for Michelle, uhh I'll say this-- part of our girls wear pants and part of them wear skirts and one of the questions is 'hey what do you think about this?'"  He allows Michelle to answer but once she starts getting sort of upset when saying ,"BUT the leader will be judged for how he led!" JB shuts it down-- quick.

If you don't have a lot of time and are interested in the awkward Q&A only, skip to 1:37:50 minutes but honestly, I would say it's worth it to watch the entire thing and break it up into a little bit each day... JB & Michelle reveal their uglier side by shading LGBTQ, bathrooms, awkwardly responding to a question "Can I marry someone of another race?" by responding, "Just obey your parents authority", etc....

After the Austin story, when Pecan advises us to "become hot for Christ".... He must know what he is saying... he can't be that clueless!

I'm just giving a virtual hug to all of my freejingerites! In my late teen years/early twenties I was confused about my "Christian"/religiously abusive home life that I had actually found the Duggar's address and was considering running away and seeing if they would take me in as a stray. They looked so happy and Godlike and put together. Through years of healing and with the help of free jinger I have started to realize how toxic my beliefs were. I still identify as a Christian,but feel I am starting to have a better understanding. I just want y'all to know how appreciative I am. I'm watching parts of the Duggar video and journaling about how free I feel!

Hahahaha when David Waller talks about men sometimes wishing they could put makeup on and be pretty. He then does a big theatrical shudder. Me thinks he doth protest too much!

I just watched Michelle’s answer to the pants question. I’m glad she was so candid about it. After all, we need to know the truth about her beliefs and she certainly left them out in the open. She makes it very clear that she believes that the daughters that wear pants are disobeying the Lord. They are wearing men’s clothing and are an abomination in the side of the Lord. She is very upset that they are wearing pants. She seems almost gleeful that their husbands will be held accountable for leading them astray. 

Rufus bless all ya’ll that could listen to more than 5 minutes of those breathy children’s voices speak all that same fundemental garbage that is so toxic and vapid. I couldn’t take it. I love reading your summaries. 

45 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I just watched Michelle’s answer to the pants question. I’m glad she was so candid about it. After all, we need to know the truth about her beliefs and she certainly left them out in the open. She makes it very clear that she believes that the daughters that wear pants are disobeying the Lord. They are wearing men’s clothing and are an abomination in the side of the Lord. She is very upset that they are wearing pants. She seems almost gleeful that their husbands will be held accountable for leading them astray. 

She's got 2 daughters that wear pants freely (Jinger & Jill), and 1 that occasionally wears them for "practical" reasons (Joy). Jessa has come close a couple times, and Abbie wears scrub pants. So many girls drifting away from God's grace, that must be hard for her, I guess they should have just molted younger siblings, that would have been ok. 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Georgiana said:

And to be fair, there's a very real question of "Are you really cut out to be a food blogger then?", the answer to which is probably "No".  Jill's a terrible food blogger.  This is a terrible recipe blog.  It misses the mark completely.  But one of the reasons why Jill can't food blog to save her soul is because she was raised in the wrong demographic. She doesn't have the right mindset when it comes to food, and it's because she was raised to see food as something you gulped down to fill your belly.  Not something you elevated to an art form.  Not something you photographed or even expected beauty from.  Belly filler.  

Agreed.  It may take a long time before Jill figures this out for herself.  I'm in my 50's and have long ago realized that while I can cook healthy and satisfying meals, I do not produce picture-worthy or blog-worthy dishes.  And even when one of my recipes turns out well, I am not a good photographer so the pictures will not show the dish in the best light.  That's one of the reasons I don't share a lot of food photos on social media. 

I'm not sure why Jill feels she must keep up a social media presence.  Does it actually bring in money to the household?

What horrible things to say about her daughters and daughter in law’s that they- supposedly saved by grace alone - will be judged... for wearing pants and their husbands judged for leading them ‘astray’. Don’t tell me you believe in grace/ faith alone. You’re a works based judge mental person and I bet God is gonna judge that worse than Abby wearing pants to serve others as a nurse or for any other reason.

I wonder if she's said/hinted anything to JD or Abbie about the scrub pants. I guess since Abbie isn't currently working, it doesn't matter that much. But it's one thing for Michelle to say that God will judge Derrick, Ben, Jeremy, and Austin, since they aren't her kids, and another thing to suggest that God will judge her own son, because wouldn't that also reflect on her and JB?

And not that they mentioned Josh, but it would be funny if the only nice thing they could muster about him is that he doesn't let Anna wear pants.

Am confused by this picture then if Michelle feels so strong aganist pants, isn't Mac wearing jeans in this picture? Posted last week on the family FB page.  I get these do leggings under dresses, but jeans just seems like the girl is wearing pants.

03AC61DD-2214-4793-A09C-0FE18ED7A4BA.thumb.jpeg.e24c3e3593dc80273c3c3a3e66446193.jpeg

Michelle's comments about pants are awful, not surprising but still horrible and disrespectful to her daughter's that have chosen to wear pants. I personally find that trousers are a lot more modest than skirts, Michelle wanted that rule more for the gender stereotypes than Modesty.

I like how her basis for women wearing dresses was because of bathroom signs having pictures of girls wearing skirts, so obviously that is the recognized form of femininity. What if this was the sign everyone used instead?

PSX_20190321_145407.jpg

If I was Jill or Jinger, I would be hurt by Michelle’s asinine comments on wearing pants. 

I believe Derrick wrote the blog post in response to this video of the conference that JB & Michelle spoke at with David and Pris.

Also, it was messed up for David to talk about their anonymous "very close friend" who "started changing how she dressed, listened to secular music, wanted a husband..." and ended up "pregnant out of wedlock" (gasp), "has a little daughter now", is "is now with another man... she's still playing the dating game”, and whose life, "Will her life ever be perfect? No. But we think God is using this to bring her close to Him".

• That is not very Christian to gossip about someone on a public platform (especially when it’s obvious as to who it is). David Waller is a pompous jerk...

I also like how JB tried to logic her out of wearing skirts only, but she insisted obeying God was more important than logic. I do think she is the one that pushed them into fundiedom.

*by she I mean Michelle

1 minute ago, Firebird said:

I also like how JB tried to logic her out of wearing skirts only, but she insisted obeying God was more important than logic. I do think she is the one that pushed them into fundiedom.

*by she I mean Michelle

I agree. Michelle wasn’t being very submissive. She was going against her authority by telling JB she was wearing skirts only even though he was, at first, against it.

I hope that both Jill and Jinger realize that their mother is a straight up idiot and ignore anything she says. God will judge the women and their husbands for wearing/letting them wear pants. As opposed to judging Michelle for dumping her "blessings" on her children to raise while she floats around life acting like she's taken twice the recommended daily dose of Valium. OK then.

Anna has been clear about allowing her girls to wear jeans in winter for warmth. But I've never seen them NOT wearing a dress or super long tunic on top which is probably how she justifies it. It's not that different from Josie wearing leggings under a dress.

@luv2laugh

Hahahaha so true! 

Submit to your husband in everything unless you feel you are more holy!

So she went against what she said about her daughter's headships allowing them to wear pants, and that they were answering to their headship. Michelle didn't listen to her headship. Not very submissive of her.

Classic case of do what I say not as I do

I should go on SNL and parody this. After listening to Michelle & Pris, the queen and princess of the “fundie breathy baby girl voice” for three hours, I have it nailed down to a T. 

I have now mastered the impression. With hair and make-up, I would be a dead-ringer for Michelle Duggar.

Okay I am seriously projecting from my own current experiences and am heavily speculating, but do other people think Michelle might be a covert narcissist? The more I see how she and JB interact the more I feel like she rules the roost and everything is about her. JB doesn't seem to be an actual headship, more like he does everything to keep up her image. Again, I'm probably completely projecting, just a thought.

Has Michelle learned anything from her bathroom robo-call scandal? No. It made her more of a die-hard anti-pants activist. 

Not an exact word-for-word quote but I laughed at Michelle when she said this: “When you go to the bathroom and look at the signs, you can clearly see what a girl looks like with the dress and a boy. Our society is now getting that a little confused! When you switch that around, there is confusion. Gentlemen open doors for me because they can see from dressing feminine that I’m a woman. There are problems with the equal-rights ‘women can do it better than men!’ and humanism.”

Did anyone notice that JB referred to Counting On as “our show that has run for 15 years now”? I think it’s because the profits goes to a Duggar family trust controlled by him... More money to invest = more money.

7 minutes ago, Firebird said:

The more I see how she and JB interact the more I feel like she rules the roost and everything is about her.

I have long believed that J'chelle is the one in charge despite all the talk of submission, headship, blah, blah, blah.  

JB has been besotted with her since they met, she always had him around her finger.  As others have mentioned it was her who pushed the family into fundiedom and JB followed to keep her happy.   I suspect that within the TTH, the focus is around J'chelle's wants and needs and everyone in the family has been conditioned to cater to her, including JB, for years. 

Every damn time this thread is "hot"....

Spoiler

Everyone catering to Michelle would explain all the "look at my wonderful mother!!!1!!!11!!!"posts. From my own experiences with a narcissistic parent, you have to do anything in your power to make them feel loved and honoured or the guilt trips and sneaky abusive behavior start....

I dont recall....do we ever see look at my wonderful daddy posts about JB?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived