IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

Just now, SongRed7 said:

what she DOES forget to tell readers is that while all this suffering/sacrifice was going on she also had a paid housekeeper, nanny and by her own admission, her own mother was there much of the time taking care of them all. 

True, but does she really forget, or just conveniently omit? :pb_lol:  Facts never get in the way of Lori's mission, dontcha know.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did this very reasonable man wander onto Lori's page...I hope he runs...

MALE READER:  In the end, God gave us freedom of choice. Which do you believe is a worse sin, to only have a child or two that you can fully care for or to have 10 that you cannot adequately care for? I know that God is a provider, but he also expects us to us wisdom and sound judgement. To just keep cranking out children simply because one is fertile is not using the wisdom that God gave us. And in most large families (yes I have witnessed this in my own upbringing and it others we are friends with), the parents are not raising the kids past number 4 anyways, it is almost always the older siblings taking care of the young ones because mom does not have the energy to do so. This creates a cycle where the older siblings have the responsibility of raising the young ones without the authority to do so. Show me a family with a large number of children and I will show you kids who are not being raised by the parents, but by the older siblings.

I think that Lori's new rant on women being at fault for men not wanting more children, is aimed at Emily.  Could it be that they plan to "only" have 4 kids, that this latest pregnancy was a pleasant surprise?  I'm trying to figure out who, in her family, she is trying to target.

I'd hate to have Lori as a MIL.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

How did this very reasonable man wander onto Lori's page...I hope he runs...

MALE READER:  In the end, God gave us freedom of choice. Which do you believe is a worse sin, to only have a child or two that you can fully care for or to have 10 that you cannot adequately care for? I know that God is a provider, but he also expects us to us wisdom and sound judgement. To just keep cranking out children simply because one is fertile is not using the wisdom that God gave us. And in most large families (yes I have witnessed this in my own upbringing and it others we are friends with), the parents are not raising the kids past number 4 anyways, it is almost always the older siblings taking care of the young ones because mom does not have the energy to do so. This creates a cycle where the older siblings have the responsibility of raising the young ones without the authority to do so. Show me a family with a large number of children and I will show you kids who are not being raised by the parents, but by the older siblings.

I think I love this guy 

Look at your precious Duggars, Lori. That's exactly what he's talking about.

59 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I'd hate to have Lori as a MIL.

I'm not sure I'd be able to keep quiet if Lori was my MIL. I'd let her have it, maybe even on her blog like her aunt.

My dad and mom wanted four kids. My mom only was able to have three kids on earth. She had five miscarriages. The last one almost killed her. My dad said they were done after that. 

Kids are expensive: “Let's look, for example, at the average $233,610 costs for married families with two children. The USDA breaks this further down into several age ranges; from birth to 2 years old, the average yearly cost is $12,680. From ages 3-5, the yearly cost increases to $12,730. By the time they've reached 9, that number is up to $13,180. By the time they're a teenager age 15-17, yearly the average cost is $13,900.” Source https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/amp/personal-finance/cost-to-raise-child-14814957

https://www.cnpp.usda.gov/tools/CRC_Calculator/default.aspx

i used the site above to calculate how much it would cost for a family with five kids under 6 in California making less than 60k.6BC6DF4A-CA9C-40BD-8B03-2040FBBDEBD3.thumb.png.be73205ffc48add3a400cc9082c5b44d.png

these kids would starve or have a very poor diet. 

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that men aren’t to help out around the house or help raising children. Both of my parents punished. My dad never called my mom to do it or got mad at my mom if we weren’t perfect angels when he was home. That’s not how that works. And as I said above my dad wanted more kids. 

Lori, until you pay for people to keep having a kids stfu and take a seat. 

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

"Collect them and show them off." Do they realize how dumb they sound? 

Too bad I've been banned on her page, because I'd like to tell Delene - Right, because children are totally little lumps of carbon that are just there for your amusement and showing off.  They aren't separate human beings that require care and love.  Nope, just little rocks that look good in a collection.  :pb_rollseyes: 

Lori is going on about vaccines again, quoting a doctor that isn´t a doctor but a nutcase writing on internet about how vaccines aren´t safe or necessary. He claims that many diseases were wiped out because better food, better living conditions. And ofcourse Lori buys it hook and sinker since she is so stupid. She also tells they didn´t vaccinate.

Well Lori, if this "doctor´s" claims would be true then whooping gough, measels and other diseases would be eradicated. Please explain why for exaple measels are on the rise. The living conditions are even better now than for 50 years ago. Since many parent´s don´t vaccinate their kids against measels, could that have something to do with the raising measels numbers? 

I wonder if any of the Alexander kids have been vaccinated as adults. If not, I wonder what Lori would think if Alyssa was infected by measels and the baby would be born blind or deaf. I know ofcourse that Lori wouldn´t care.

Please note that I don´t wish anything bad to happen to Alyssa or the baby, it´s just a rethorical guestion.

I wish I could comment on her page just to say my two cents to all the anti-vaxxers there. Some of the things they say are making me angry :angry-banghead:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, Delene.  It's not that other people don't have this mindset (JRod, Duggars, I'm lookin' at you), but they usually manage not to actually talk about their children like collectible knick-knacks.  If you really want a row of pretty little dolls all lined up to be shown off, then maybe collect... I don't know, dolls?  Children are human beings, not trinkets to be shiny and cute when they're brand new, then stuck in storage and forgotten.

Side note, though: Something from a book I read years ago has stuck with me because I found it hilarious.  I'm pretty sure the sentence was about either a Borgia or someone Borgia-adjacent, and apparently this person "had an unusual hobby: He collected nuns."  What he did was look out for nuns who were somehow interesting (stigmata, fits of prophecy, whatever) and bring them to abbeys that were connected with him, but it gave me a mental image of a bunch of nuns pinned by their wimples and habits like a butterfly collection.

51 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Side note, though: Something from a book I read years ago has stuck with me because I found it hilarious.  I'm pretty sure the sentence was about either a Borgia or someone Borgia-adjacent, and apparently this person "had an unusual hobby: He collected nuns."  What he did was look out for nuns who were somehow interesting (stigmata, fits of prophecy, whatever) and bring them to abbeys that were connected with him, but it gave me a mental image of a bunch of nuns pinned by their wimples and habits like a butterfly collection

Had a little chuckle at this because I'm a Borgia nut and I could totally picture the old man having butterfly pinned nuns..... 

ETA:  Lori is a spoiled old bat.  

Carry on.  Happy Ash Wednesday folks!

Edited again to add this:  

So I found an interesting little tidbit a few minutes ago.  There's a couple of men on Lori's FB that love to share this article when trying to prove wrong the idea of women working outside the home.  I saw it again on another SaHM FB page.  

www.nber.org/papers/w14969?fbclid=IwAR0sufhsWisb-Yg3yv40Ps_pVV-YjUqM5VREWi8bqH8bs2xDjvJvVT9o7g4

I looked up the authors and lo & behold it is a female/male unmarried team.  They co-parent their two children and are not married for "tax purposes".  The woman is a graduate of Wellesly and Harvard and has worked in various departments of the federal government.  They do not fit Lori's or any other fundies ideal of the marriage team.  Begs the question:  what's more important, the article "proving" a tired point or the sinful, unBiblical source?  

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

Lori is going on about vaccines again, quoting a doctor that isn´t a doctor but a nutcase writing on internet about how vaccines aren´t safe or necessary. He claims that many diseases were wiped out because better food, better living conditions. And ofcourse Lori buys it hook and sinker since she is so stupid. She also tells they didn´t vaccinate.

o gawd. I have had to stop interacting with someone on FB who spouts this exact same tripe. Oh, and don't forget the Vitamin A? D? Something like that, that people with compromised immune systems are supposed to take, and then it won't matter if they get exposed to measles by the kid of some rabid anti-vaxxer. Aargh.

And polio wasn't eradicated by the vaccine. No, the powers that be just sneakily changed its name, and it's still around. Yeah, right. These ignorant people won't listen to reason and won't even look at the evidence of their own eyes, much less scientific studies (unless those "scientific" studies are really woo that agrees and reinforces their paranoia about actual science).

220BED8C-640B-43A8-9198-B9B3A5367F16.thumb.jpeg.4d55cd7c9ce3a206ee1bd5c5e715376b.jpeg

nd go through an eccelarated four year program and are only able to practice in 16 states. They aren’t actual doctors. They are just people with medical knowledge. For once I agree with Jeff. Lori needs not teach this. She clearly doesn’t know what she is talking about same with most of her fallowers. One women posted that her child had a reaction to the vaccine that was given to him. She chose to do it knowing he had a genetic condition. Supposedly she told the doctors but they told her to get him vaccinated anyways. People have reactions to things. It’s life. Doesn’t mean people that aren’t allergic to the vaccines shouldn’t get vaccinated. 

24 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

220BED8C-640B-43A8-9198-B9B3A5367F16.thumb.jpeg.4d55cd7c9ce3a206ee1bd5c5e715376b.jpeg

nd go through an eccelarated four year program and are only able to practice in 16 states. They aren’t actual doctors. They are just people with medical knowledge. For once I agree with Jeff. Lori needs not teach this. She clearly doesn’t know what she is talking about same with most of her fallowers. One women posted that her child had a reaction to the vaccine that was given to him. She chose to do it knowing he had a genetic condition. Supposedly she told the doctors but they told her to get him vaccinated anyways. People have reactions to things. It’s life. Doesn’t mean people that aren’t allergic to the vaccines shouldn’t get vaccinated. 

I love how Jeff, a MAN, publicly rebuked Lori and yet she argues back. Aren't you supposed to accept his reprimand and shut up, Lori?

Oh, I forgot, sorry. That only applies to all OTHER women, not to you. :rolleyes:

Nurse working in a hospital wears a mask because she refuses to take the flu shot.  Patient asks why she's wearing a mask.  "Because I don't believe in the flu shot and I refused to take it.  Are you up-to-date on your flu shot?"  

I wasn't crazy about taking the flu shot, but knew it was part of my job.

Ecclesiastics 9:9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.

ED1A8895-09C9-4DDA-AF32-F56792C3ED69.thumb.png.b888315a7af53fecfa0a3b3790fde971.png

Lori, I thought you didn’t teach men. Either you don’t know the Bible like you say you do or you teach male and females. Nowhere does it say in this verse that husbands are only to love their wives if they are perfect, meek and quite. 

My mom is a very loud person, my siblings and I are too. My dad was quite. He loved my mom unconditionally even though she spoke her mind. 

So I went down a rabbit hole tonight. Kids are in bed, DH is working, and I’m pretty organized for class tomorrow night  

A Julie Benson commented in support of  the doodle and for some reason I clicked it. On her page, she shared something about a new moon church service. It was a post from the church of Israel, which is in Missouri. I read a few posts and noticed good old Severine liked a couple of them- not her current posting make, but one of her other pages- she has 3 total I believe, maybe more. 

I then clicked the link to read about the church. It’s a whole church (really a cult, IMO) that embraces racist views. They even fly the confederate flag. They claim to believe the Bible in full, but don’t seem to embrace the love your neighbor bit. I just can’t. 

Lori’s page is crawling with white supremacists. Even the posters who seem fairly “ordinary”.  Julie Benson seems perfectly typical of conservative women her age. What about Lori is drawing these people to her?

And if anyone is interested, here is the link to the church: http://www.churchofisrael.org/why-the-church-of-israel/ 

4 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

Well Lori, if this "doctor´s" claims would be true then whooping gough, measels and other diseases would be eradicated. Please explain why for exaple measels are on the rise. The living conditions are even better now than for 50 years ago. Since many parent´s don´t vaccinate their kids against measels, could that have something to do with the raising measels numbers? 

If disease can be eliminated with diet and hygiene, why then is flu still a disease which kills?  :annoyed:

35 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

So I went down a rabbit hole tonight. Kids are in bed, DH is working, and I’m pretty organized for class tomorrow night  

A Julie Benson commented in support of  the doodle and for some reason I clicked it. On her page, she shared something about a new moon church service. It was a post from the church of Israel, which is in Missouri. I read a few posts and noticed good old Severine liked a couple of them- not her current posting make, but one of her other pages- she has 3 total I believe, maybe more. . . .  . 

And if anyone is interested, here is the link to the church: http://www.churchofisrael.org/why-the-church-of-israel/ 

"New Moon Service" is a Jesus-ified borrowing from Rosh Kodesh, the Jewish new moon observance, just FYI.  Although how a rosh kodesh type observance came to be borrowed by a Confederate racist cultic church completely fails my powers of understanding.

40 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

It was a post from the church of Israel, which is in Missouri. I read a few posts and noticed good old Severine liked a couple of them- not her current posting make, but one of her other pages- she has 3 total I believe, maybe more. 

I then clicked the link to read about the church. It’s a whole church (really a cult, IMO) that embraces racist views. They even fly the confederate flag. They claim to believe the Bible in full, but don’t seem to embrace the love your neighbor bit. I just can’t. 

Lori’s page is crawling with white supremacists.

Well, they sound fun. Racism, anti feminism, and homophobia, with the added treat of anti-vaxx! They’re really opposed to alcohol and drugs, but apparently tobacco gets a slap on the wrist.

This is where I realised I wasn't in Kansas any more, so to speak:

We believe that Biblical genetic Israel in Jesus Christ is the Church, identified among the Anglo, Saxon, Celtic, Scandinavian, Germanic and kindred people of the world.

What the actual. I can't even. 

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This is where I realised I wasn't in Kansas any more, so to speak:

What the actual. I can't even. 

It’s insanity. 

I don’t consider myself naive. I know the Civil Rights movement wasn’t that long ago. I know I’m white and middle class and have reaped the benefits of both and I don’t fully grasp or always see racism as it exists today. I’m working on it. This sort of thing reminds me that it still runs incredibly deep in many communities, and that racists are hidden in plain sight. 

@OyHiOh, thank you for that bit of info. I started to go down that rabbit hole as well but decided I’d had my fill for the evening. 

I went down the rabbit hole, and I am appalled.  From the outside, it looks like a normal church, but inside is a hotbed of hatred.  And this is what Lori is attracting like flies.  Hope you're happy, Lori.  You found your audience so you can go viral again.  

I just looked at the Southern Poverty Center's Hatewatch Map for Missouri.  Yep, the Church of Israel is a hate group and is part of the Christian Identity movement.

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

...the church of Israel, which is in Missouri.

I live in Missouri.  We're not all crazy, I swear!  

13 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

I wish I could comment on her page just to say my two cents to all the anti-vaxxers there. Some of the things they say are making me angry :angry-banghead:

I had to take a friend off my facebook feed yesterday because she posted two anti-vaxx things in a row.  I don't have time for that shit.

All 3 of her kids had the mumps last year.

The stupid, it burns. 

8 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I live in Missouri.  We're not all crazy, I swear!  

I know :) 

These people exist everywhere- and like I noted before, they are hidden in plain sight, which is unsettling. 

I go to a pretty diverse church and I appreciate the richness that comes from that. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived