IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

Hey, Lori.  You know what a female lead character is without a "feminist twinge."  Damn boring and not a protagonist.  Good fiction requires the protagonist facing conflict.  No one wants to read or watch a simpering ninny sashay around in a flowered dress just being kind to her family and loving her husband.  In the Garage Sale Mysteries, her character interferes with police work and makes the male cops look stupid because she as an ordinary citizen can solve murders when they can't.  

People are multi-dimensional, which you don't seem to understand.  The show can go on without Lori Laughlin.  She's an actress.  A good actress can play any role and make you suspend reality.  In real life, it seems she's willing to use her money and influence to get whatever she wants.  

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad had been married before my mom and had lots of premarital sex. He slept with who ever would sleep with him. Just first wife cheated on him and went on to marry 5 more times. My mom didn’t have as much premarital sex. They would still be married today, this year would be their 35th wedding anniversary, if my dad hasn’t died. Premarital sex doesn’t break marriages. If the person you are married to had a problem with you having sex with someone before them then you shouldn’t have married them. Period!

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

f that's who you want to be, then that's who you are. But just let those of us who do like to express ourselves in a more feminine way be who we are, too. I've spent most of my adult life being told that women like you are somehow smarter, deeper and better than me. Because the 5-10 minutes I spend putting on make up in the morning apparently eliminates any time to be well informed, well read or able to think critically. 

I literally said nothing about femininity being wrong, but I've been told I was wrong for being me my whole life, so let's not go down this road, okay? Sharing my experiences as a gender non-conforming woman is in no way, shape, or form oppressing you or any other conventionally feminine, attractive woman, okay?

Just going to say upfront, I take real issue with her pushing a meal like that on young kids.  That is not her place as a grandma.  

1- What she describes doesn't sound like near enough calories for young kids.

2- I think she pushed it, because she knew at least one of them didn't like it.

3- Grandmas who aren't filling the role of parents (I know some are) shouldn't be in the business of "training" children to eat the way they see fit.  I am not saying you have to feed them junk, but come on, Grandma's house should be fun!  Sardines for the main course?  That's ridiculous.  

yuck.thumb.PNG.3d70b19ae0d5919f587ed4d5598c4d16.PNG

@louisa05 Just tell girls they shouldn't have sex until it is on their terms: they are comfortable, "turned on," with someone they trust, are using the type of protection they feel safest with, are sober, have consent of the other party and have given consent, can communicate what feels good with the other party, etc.

For some girls, that won't be until they're married. For others, until they're in a long-term relationship. For some, could be a "one-night stand." 

I responded on the Instagram "that meal sounds absolutely disgusting" because it does.  Give the kids a piece of chicken, for goodness sake.  

Is eating sardines as a meal a thing?

For the record, I don't know anyone that eats sardines, most of my friends and family eat fish so it isn't a fish problem. I assume they are a saltwater fish? I live in an area with tons of freshwater lakes, rivers and streams so fresh perch, trout, bass, salmon, etc. are the norm. 

6 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I responded on the Instagram "that meal sounds absolutely disgusting" because it does.  Give the kids a piece of chicken, for goodness sake.  

Right?  You can keep it healthy, without forcing canned sardines.  She could just as easily have offered the chicken you suggested w/ a nice baked potato and some green beans.  Personally, I'd have had a special dessert for them too, because I want my grandchildren to think coming to Gigi's house is fun!

Fucking SARDINES??? (And I have kids who eat anchovies when I put them on roasted broccoli, so I know from weird.) When you know one doesn't like them?

Grandparenting- just one more thing that Lori manages to fail at.

Are these the son's kids who were already food  trained as babies -  they were forced fed when not hungry and sat and made to watch the parents eat when they were hungry?  That Lori gloated about?  If so -  of course they did.  I ate lots of crap I hated as a kid because I knew the consequences of not were worse.   Kids aren't stupid.  You shut up and suck it up.  No one wants the leather strap.  

Wow. The grandkids didn't even merit a slice of Einkorn bread slathered with organic butter? Not even thinly spread with regular butter? Did they get salmonella dressing on their salad or did they have to eat it plain?

My grandma made chicken dressing, which was baked like a pie and was super good. Unfortunately the recipe died with her (they didn't tell us she had alzheimers until it was way too late). She also always had home-canned peaches and saltine crackers as a snack. Lunch was stuff like home-grown tomato sandwiches, and stuff like that. The other grandma was known for her chocolate pie and slipping other sweets to the grandkids. There were times they made food I didn't like, but generally speaking you knew grandma was going to feed you well, even if you swore you weren't hungry.

I'd have been eager to eat that mint, too. To get the taste of that nasty dinner out of my mouth. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Just going to say upfront, I take real issue with her pushing a meal like that on young kids.  That is not her place as a grandma.  

1- What she describes doesn't sound like near enough calories for young kids.

2- I think she pushed it, because she knew at least one of them didn't like it.

3- Grandmas who aren't filling the role of parents (I know some are) shouldn't be in the business of "training" children to eat the way they see fit.  I am not saying you have to feed them junk, but come on, Grandma's house should be fun!  Sardines for the main course?  That's ridiculous.  

yuck.thumb.PNG.3d70b19ae0d5919f587ed4d5598c4d16.PNG

I’m sad for those kids. Another generation of kids who are victims of Lori’s vileness. Not to mention, setting up another generation to suffer from disordered eating. 

And why does she always have Ryan and Erin's kids? 

2 hours ago, polecat said:

I literally said nothing about femininity being wrong, but I've been told I was wrong for being me my whole life, so let's not go down this road, okay? Sharing my experiences as a gender non-conforming woman is in no way, shape, or form oppressing you or any other conventionally feminine, attractive woman, okay?

I didn't mean you personally. I meant this insane culture that doesn't want to let any women be who they are. 

Thanks for reminding me why I haven't been posting here much, though. 

Aren't sardines that kind of salted tiny fishes in oil? They aren't a thing here. And again, Lori proves that she can't cook a halfway decent meal to save her life.

36 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Aren't sardines that kind of salted tiny fishes in oil?

yes...Because they are high in Omega 3 oils (good fats) they are making somewhat of a "come back" amongst  health food advocates.  Several folks I know including my husband eat them routinely. I am NOT a fan of them (very smelly) and prefer tuna if I'm going to eat canned fish.   My husband likes to put them on pizza (I made homemade pizza).  They are a little meatier than anchovies which probably more people are familiar with.  I don't like how they stink up my house. But I know my husband likes them, so I will make it for him. I must gain wife points from Lori for being a good wife like that!

That said, I would never give that weird combo to a child (Lori's "dinner").   At least make it fun...a fun and relatively health meal growing up was tuna melts....tuna on a half of an english muffin with cheese on top and baked in the over for 10 minutes to make the cheese gooey.  

46 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Aren't sardines that kind of salted tiny fishes in oil? They aren't a thing here. And again, Lori proves that she can't cook a halfway decent meal to save her life.

This is what canned sardines look like:

sardines.PNG.6e04a160e71e1f8a092fed27642fb50b.PNG

So, for dinner, Lori:

-Opened a can

-Opened the fridge to get out week old salad

-Tossed a yam in the oven

-Opened a bag of mints

Priorities, I guess.  After all, she spends a majority of her day on Facebook (<---her own words), so she probably didn't have a lot of time to cook dinner.

1 hour ago, SweetLaurel said:

Are these the son's kids who were already food  trained as babies -  they were forced fed when not hungry and sat and made to watch the parents eat when they were hungry?  

Sadly, yes.

Lori simply does not understand the concept of agency and consent.

I am offended by Lori saying that wives must have sex with a husband no matter what because it makes the wife into property instead of a person who has actively decided to engage in intimacy.  

Our objections have nothing to do with sexual activity outside of marriage, but have to do with sex within it.  The argument today is nothing but a red herring that distracts from the fact that Lori's position is that sexually active women are only ever whores - without any choice about sex - either in an exclusive contract for payment to their husband/owner or to another sex partner.  

The Bible says "let your yes be yes, and your no be no", but Lori probably isn't familiar with that because it's the words of Jesus.  It's deceptive to say "yes" when one does not mean it.  

My husband gets an enthusiastic partner who actively participates in sex because my answer to "do you want to make love" is my own every single time.  And it varies -and sometimes is even something along the lines of "not at the moment, but I could be persuaded into the mood".   

50 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

If I may be so bold, maybe you're thinking of "Sardellen" aka anchovies? Sardines are very much a thing where I'm from in Germany: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ölsardine

(My apologies for the German link. It's about canned sardines in oil. Feel free to PM me, if you need to know more. :) )

Seriously what kind of meal for a child is that? Why not yummy sweet potato fries and a chicken breast or something? That would be just as easy and far more appetizing. Heck, I'd probably use that bread she makes constantly to make pizza toast or something. Grandma food should be fun in my opinion. It can be healthy but tasty. Why not grilled cheese on that magic bread?  I have good memories of my grandpa making me fried potatoes and eggs for breakfast and giving me kids coffee (a tiny bit of coffee and lots of milk and sugar). I'd hate to go over to granpa and grandmas and be miserable. 

She responded to me telling me how much the kids loved their dinner.  She put butter on the yam, and good salad dressing on the salad.  The kids supposedly love sardines.  Not buying it -- in my experience, kids don't like strong smells or weird textures.  I couldn't get mine to eat fried oysters because of the texture, even when I told them it was a different kind of "chicken."  They told me they didn't like the chicken with the black stuff in it.

5 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Seriously what kind of meal for a child is that? Why not yummy sweet potato fries and a chicken breast or something? That would be just as easy and far more appetizing. Heck, I'd probably use that bread she makes constantly to make pizza toast or something. Grandma food should be fun in my opinion. It can be healthy but tasty. Why not grilled cheese on that magic bread?  I have good memories of my grandpa making me fried potatoes and eggs for breakfast and giving me kids coffee (a tiny bit of coffee and lots of milk and sugar). I'd hate to go over to granpa and grandmas and be miserable. 

It's no meal for a child, unless we're speaking about a child with very peculiar tastes.

I loved "kids coffee" too. My grandmother would serve it to me with a peanut butter sandwich every time I came over.

Real talk, I would have a hard time choking down sardines as a 36-year-old woman, let alone as a young child. I'm glad Lori's never going to invite me to dinner. 

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Fucking SARDINES??? (And I have kids who eat anchovies when I put them on roasted broccoli, so I know from weird.) When you know one doesn't like them?

Grandparenting- just one more thing that Lori manages to fail at.

My dad loved sardines on crackers, and he also really liked spam.  I always thought that they are both disgusting. But he considered sardines and crackers a treat.  Mom considered it an easy dinner where she didn't have to cook!  I kind of think it may be a generational thing to a point, my parents were depression era and I know that affected some of the things they ate.

How soon before we hear that Lori's grandchildren begged for some of Ken's food after they've eaten Lori's "yummy" dinner?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived