IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

You pretty much said what I was going to say.  Mr. Briefly actually likes to put the laundry away, and he usually switches it from the washer to the dryer.  He generally runs the vacuum.  He works from home and while he doesn't always have a lot of down time, he will ask me if there is anything else I need him to do around the house and that generally means household chores including cleaning something.

Mr Oy liked folding/putting away laundry (he especially liked doing socks, the part of laundry I hate dealing with), taking care of cat boxes, and the garbage.  He liked vacuuming and sweeping.  I generally did the kitchen, we'd usually split the bathroom, and I did all of the dusting and picking up of random crap.

My kids get piles of socks - these look like yours, good luck matching them!

I look at the liter boxes, expect them to be done, wait a few hours before taking care of them myself.

Today marks the second week in a row I've forgotten to put the garbage can out.  I recycle aggressively (he did garbage, but I did the recycling) so it's not a disaster yet but I'd better remember next week or it will be!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4F33F4CD-2ED2-4102-B2FD-7D3CD2E4D681.thumb.jpeg.701a803d84f61882ae12eda7a7106189.jpeg

Lori if the man purpose of sex was procreation then why does it feel good? Why does god say that a mans body is his wives and his wives is his? Why do men have urges to have sex but not everyone wants to be a dad? Why do women have urges more then just when it is her time of the month to get pregnant? 

59 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori if the man purpose of sex was procreation then why does it feel good?

So people would want to procreate. If it didn't feel good, people would be less likely to do it.

(I don't think that sex is only for procreation, just pointing out the weakness of that particular argument)

Lori sounds like Erika Shupe with her purpose for everything. God gave men beards to keep their faces warm. So why does Ken shave off something that God gave him for a reason. 

18 hours ago, Koala said:

Why?  Because she's totally not letting anyone interrupt her summer.  Please, Lori- you've never sacrificed anything in your life.  You're still a taker.

And even when she watches  Erin and Ryan's kids, it always seems to be on her terms.  She never mentions going over to their house (where presumably they are most comfortable, have their own beds, toys, etc).  It's always at Lori's house. I swear she is getting more and more agoraphobic.   She never leaves her house (except for her daily walks ..and even those she seems to be limiting more and more -- and the occasional trip to the health food store.)

It sounds like she is addicted to the internet and FB specifically -- and wants other women to be miserable and in their homes full time just like her. 

I love this woman. Check her out on FB or YouTube. She's a true encouragement to Moms.

Lori should take lessons.  

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I love this woman. Check her out on FB or YouTube

I've seen her other stuff. She's great. 

7 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I've seen her other stuff. She's great. 

My favorites are the "I was the perfect mom (Until I had kids)" and another one where she's trying to get the kids to go to bed.

Today Lori goes after the 'Husbands create the wives they have' idea, and I will concede the point, to a certain extent.  A husband or wife's behavior will influence the partner, but s/he may be as nearly perfect as human nature allows, but still have an unhappy spouse.  Neither one is completely responsible for the other's actions or happiness.  However, Lori as usual takes it to the illogical extreme, then she goes on to say 'Often, a husband can become mean and angry if he is feeling disrespected by his wife...she may be giving fuel for his meanness and anger.'  She seems to be saying husbands don't create the wives they have, but the wives are responsible for making their husbands what they are.  And women are (allegedly) the weaker sex??!  

13 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori if the man purpose of sex was procreation then why does it feel good? Why does god say that a mans body is his wives and his wives is his? Why do men have urges to have sex but not everyone wants to be a dad? Why do women have urges more then just when it is her time of the month to get pregnant? 

Why do women have clitorises? The organ's sole purpose is pleasure, and the tip alone is packed with 8,000 nerve endings to ensure that. Sure, we could say that it's just to make sure we enjoy the procreation process just like men do, but A. in Lori's world, the man decides when to have sex so women's desire is unnecessary and B. many women don't get adequate clitoral stimulation through intercourse to orgasm anyway. They're far more likely to orgasm through masturbation, oral sex, digital stimulation, etc., none of which are involved in the actual reproduction process.

In Lori’s world, women usually don’t even have desire; they see sex as their “ministry” to their husbands and the way to have all the baybeez.

9 hours ago, cara said:

Lori sounds like Erika Shupe with her purpose for everything. God gave men beards to keep their faces warm. So why does Ken shave off something that God gave him for a reason. 

What is Erika's rationale for underarm hair?  In my opinion, pubic, underarm, and leg hair should have disappeared with evolution just like other female body hair.

Funny story...many years ago I was getting ready to teach a seminar, and one of my slides had something about "public" on it.  Except I had a typo and it was "pubic."  Thank goodness I caught it before I presented.

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

However, Lori as usual takes it to the illogical extreme, then she goes on to say 'Often, a husband can become mean and angry if he is feeling disrespected by his wife...she may be giving fuel for his meanness and anger.'  She seems to be saying husbands don't create the wives they have, but the wives are responsible for making their husbands what they are.  

It's really, really dangerous to tell women that their husbands' anger issues are caused by her lack of respect. That's so enabling for abusive men. Granted, I'm married to a naturally kind, chill guy. I have more tendencies towards control and criticism than he does. When I make a conscious effort to be kinder and less defensive, our marriage does fare better. In a perhaps similar way, Lori who is a control-freak has discovered that not controlling her husband helps her marriage... Good for them. 

But growing up in fundiedom, I witnessed the most submissive and meek women paired up with the most arrogant, verbally abusive pricks. Those women couldn't possible stoop any lower or serve/respect their husbands any more, but those guys still yelled, publicly corrected and humiliated their wives. When you're married to a controlling jerk, no amount of respect is going to change your husband. What they need is women who can stand her ground and give him a good slap in the face.

Sorry that you don’t know how to communicate without making someone feel like garbage. Without telling your partner your needs or things they are doing wrong could very easily lead to abuse. No one should feel like their opinions don’t matter and they can’t share. My boyfriend needs to know when something he is doing is bothering me because he lacks empathy and can’t tell. It’s easier to let your partner know things then to let them try and figure it out. Jesus didn’t tell women to be doormats. He spoke the truth in love. Women can do that too! 892EBC6D-DA68-4B3D-B925-01608D770F5F.thumb.jpeg.17d3f56d79b8090b60cd90b7460d3663.jpeg

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

And even when she watches  Erin and Ryan's kids, it always seems to be on her terms.  She never mentions going over to their house (where presumably they are most comfortable, have their own beds, toys, etc).  It's always at Lori's house. I swear she is getting more and more agoraphobic.   She never leaves her house (except for her daily walks ..and even those she seems to be limiting more and more -- and the occasional trip to the health food store.)

It sounds like she is addicted to the internet and FB specifically -- and wants other women to be miserable and in their homes full time just like her. 

And I think on at least on one occasion she mentioned how long she watched her grandkids in hours.

Something like, "I'm watching my grandkids today for the next 12 hours."  Seriously.  I'm surprised she didn't add minutes and seconds.  It was obvious she set a limit on how long they would be there and was counting it down.

I just strolled over to Ken's page to see what's up with him.  I found this post that I thought was interesting.  Note who isn't named as holding the baby to keep her from hurting herself.  

Two years ago my grandbaby was scratching her eczema face to bleed and so her parents and I at times had to sleep with her in our arms holding her arms so she couldn't scratch. Praise God that He has cured her of this terrible disease. Our God is so good!

12 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Er, devil's advocate and all, but sometimes the kids do like going to their grandparents' to be sat... My son is usually happy to go over to either of his because they have different toys, rules, movies, etc. I just make sure to send anything they might have need and I know they don't have.

That said, this is Lori. In her case, I'd be surprised if she has more than a couple basic toys around, if any.

It's really, really dangerous to tell women that their husbands' anger issues are caused by her lack of respect. 

This is just Lori blaming the woman again. 

Today's post is just one giant contradiction. Men can do what they like, and it shouldn't affect women's behavior. Women, on the other hand, can only act one specific way, or they are responsible for their husband's abuse.

I follow Lori specifically because I think this mindset is very, very dangerous. 

10 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

What is Erika's rationale for underarm hair?  In my opinion, pubic, underarm, and leg hair should have disappeared with evolution just like other female body hair.

Funny story...many years ago I was getting ready to teach a seminar, and one of my slides had something about "public" on it.  Except I had a typo and it was "pubic."  Thank goodness I caught it before I presented.

I have a similar story, but the typo was "food panty." 

These folks continue to make marriage sound terrible. Like heaven my ass. It's all a transaction. How about just being nice to your spouse and try communicating? Fruits of the Spirit and all that.  The men are going on about women who don't communicate properly. No wonder women sometimes struggle to communicate! Lori literally teaches the form of communication that men (and women) despise. I'm generally a pretty straight shooter because I don't have time for bullshit.

I'm still mistified that Lori needed this big transformation to be nice to her husband. Sounds like an abuser trying to keep their victim in the cycle. 

17 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

A student of mine wrote that he used "pubic transportation to get to school". Sometimes correcting papers is fun for real!

The past few weeks I have been considering becoming a pastor. It is something that has been on my heart for a while (like junior high). My denomination luckily believes in the giftings of women to be pastors and teachers.

I have been in the Transformed Wife rabbit hole for about a week and I want to rebuke her teachings. It is one thing to have convictions, even though the Bible doesn't mention it explicitly. I have to accept the one whose faith is weak. There are some issues not worth fighting over like tattoos. If she believes they are wrong, it would be wrong for me to flaunt my tattoo to her because it would not be done out of love.

My problem, as is the problem for others, is her teaching, especially with 1 Timothy 2:12-15. The English language is quite simplistic when it comes to Bible translation. If Apostle Paul wanted to say that women should keep their mouths shut, he would have used the would 'phimoo' which means to muzzle, mute. Instead, he used 'hesuchia' which means quietness and not being disruptive. An example of being disruptive in the church is having a conversation while the pastor is speaking.*

*I learned this from a daily devotional I get in my email.

People accept her teachings as gospel and as the "Word of God". They don't consider actual context, or the meaning of the original language of the passage. I do not think Lori went to Bible school to study Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. She would find her interpretations wrong.

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, 4and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths" 2 Timothy 4:3-4

My heart aches for those led astray by her teachings. As someone who spent time learning the Truth, I could have been led astray by this if I wasn't so skeptical. From my impression of the posts, she doesn't seem to properly exegete the Bible passage (or a verse) she's referencing. She does a great job at eisegesis, "the process of interpreting a text or portion of text in such a way that the process introduces one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases into and onto the text."

Why does Lori conveniently leave out the rest of the chapter? I know she is not teaching men but women need to know how a man is to treat her. 1 Peter 3: 

7: Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. 

What does the Bible say about husbands submitting to wives? 

(Ephesians 5:21-32)

21 and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ. 22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her; 26 that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she should be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 because we are members of His body. 31 For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband.

0A8E6675-B87E-4B96-B300-FC8C195F6243.thumb.jpeg.b481c72a20f6705f0728e56e7c6de520.jpeg

You can be as nice as you want to a husband that is being disobedient but that won’t change anything. Talking to him is the best thing you can do. He may not always know what he is doing wrong. 

Going to see someone to get help is never a bad thing. All the guys bitching on Lori’s page about how their x wives went to prove them wrong can get over it. Sometimes the man is wrong and sometimes the women is wrong. Not communicating about things is how unhealthy relationships start. I know when I’m upset about things if I don’t talk about it and let it fester it makes things 100 times worse. 

Lori is right about one thing. You can’t change a person. People have to want to change on their own. People don’t always know that something needs to change unless they are told. In marriage two people are living together. Two people who may be completely different. How can they live in harmony without having an actual conversation? 

Lori you can’t be against divorce and marriage counselors. If people don’t get help what do you expect them to do? You don’t help anyone but yourself so they can’t come to you. 

@Lgirlrocks She leaves out the husband stuff because she is not teaching men. But this is important, especially in the passage you quoted from Ephesians. If the wife submits to the husband and the husband does not love the wife with the sacrificial love of Christ, then there is so much potential for the husband to abuse that power. 

6 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

She leaves out the husband stuff because she is not teaching men.

She's not really teaching women either, she is very badly preaching at them, in an uninformed, hypocritical, unloving, and dangerous way. You would think she would want wives to know exactly how men are to treat them, since according to the ungodly mentor, wives are responsible for their husbands behavior and if they violate some biblical standard their souls could be in jeopardy, or something. How can wives enforce something they don't know about? Lori Alexander is unqualified to teach anybody anything anytime anywhere.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived