IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

26 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I think Lori is tired of dealing with the Proverbs 31 lady and her nasty habit of buying fields and making things for market. Feminists keep bringing that up and she doesn't know what to say! 

I think Lori knows that her attempts to explain away Proverbs 31 don't hold water, but she is incapable of admitting that she could possibly be wrong. Therefore she has decided to ignore that chapter as much as possible, and expects everyone else to do the same.  

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I addressed Ken in his comment under the College is Bad post asking (nicely!) how his sons managed to build good careers without going to college.  My comment was wiped in less that twenty seconds! 

From KAK on the wives submitting to evil post:

"My husband respects me a lot more when I stand up for what is right and godly, and do not join him in using drugs or alcohol. He has said often, even though he does ask me to join him, that he is glad I stand by my convictions and gently but firmly refuse. He is pleased that I provide a good example to our children, especially our teenagers. And when he does come to church with me, he has said it is much easier for him to come, if I have been true to God’s standard. He said he would see me as a hypocrite if I “obeyed” him and joined him in sin."

So this woman has children, including very impressionable teenagers, at home and she doesn't see the problem of her husband drinking and doing drugs? Why is baiting her and asking if she wants to join him when he knows perfectly well that she won't? This is all kinds of f*cked up.

34A9F8C4-B723-48F9-BB27-03E884ED7D83.thumb.png.bf932b8c08f6ba3ed1241e0d7f1b88ab.png

college is more than a degree. The biggest problem I had with college was no preparation. I was expected to go to community college from my mom but that was it. My mom never went to a four year college and my dad went in his thirties for a semester after graduating from community college. I knew, after a few years of working full time and going to school part time that i wanted to be a restaurant manager. So I got a bachelors degree in it. I currently am not using that part of my degree but I did for a while and I eventually will. I also have a degree in business. I am kind of using that. College opened my eyes to so many things. 

Spoiler

A92D365B-8420-45DE-9580-EEA5836FFA04.thumb.png.62b7ff2ddedef2dd254adf004eaca90b.png

Lori I don’t think you would be okay with females going to college if they were 30 like Jesus. Lori just because you can’t face temptation and walk away doesn’t mean others can’t. 

Spoiler

17A50912-0F19-4F2C-9CF0-EA08230C19B5.thumb.png.e8fa43bcb0a362f6506e95974366e17b.png

Public universities are cheaper than private schools. What cost me was having to add my parents income to my fafsa when they weren’t helping me pay for school at all. 

My opion: college is worth it in the end if it’s something you make the most of. College isn’t for everyone. 

Dear Brava,

No, not all women were cut out to be morhers. Popping out some children does not automatically make you a good mother.  Tell that to the Turpin children 

I wouldn't have my children if all women were cut out to be mothers because their birth mother did drugs and neglected them. Last I heard she lost custody of another child to the child's father.

I'm not trash talking about her. My kids did get in touch with her. She does care about them and was glad to hear from them, but still got in trouble again and is now back in jail.

Screenshot_20190315-142530.png

I'm not cut out to be a mother:  I have been knowingly infertile from the time I was first able to go to an ob/gyn for tests.

I went to college.  In fact, I became a Christian in college, as did many of my friends.  It was because I was encouraged to investigate and think for myself that I ended up with my faith.  I wouldn't give up that journey for anything.

Lori's theological paradigm is flawed.  "All" cannot mean "all" at times and "some" arbitrarily at others.  Calling descriptive Bible passages "mandates" does not make them into commands for all women.  My degrees only strengthened my faith as it helped give me the tools to refute false teachers like you, Lori.  You are the one who has simply not learned to comprehend.  You are the one who rebels against the authority of your local church.  The reason you can't find "older godly women" as you define it is because your definition is heretical.  It's an oxymoron.  Heresy cannot be godly.  The false teacher we should avoid and teachings we should refute according to Scripture is yours.  A good rule of thumb is this:  if the rest of the community of faith disagrees with your teaching, your teaching is outside the scope of orthodoxy. 

53 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Dear Brava,

No, not all women were cut out to be morhers. Popping out some children does not automatically make you a good mother.  Tell that to the Turpin children 

I wouldn't have my children if all women were cut out to be mothers because their birth mother did drugs and neglected them. Last I heard she lost custody of another child to the child's father.

I'm not trash talking about her. My kids did get in touch with her. She does care about them and was glad to hear from them, but still got in trouble again and is now back in jail.

Screenshot_20190315-142530.png

I don't know if I will be a good mother. My parents came with a lot of baggage from their upbringing, resulting in alcoholism and with that gave their children also a heavy baggage to deal with. Just because they where able to procreate didn't made them good parents, likewise for my grandparents. While people who know me say that I'm a warm person and I lovingly care for my dog, I don't want to try to be a mother. I have a lot of issues from my childhood and youth and have to deal with social and general anxiety. For me it won't be fair to a child, because I will not be the mother it needs on days and I fear to give my anxiety to my child. While I still think on the bad days that it would be nice to have a child that loves you. For me to have someone I kwow loves me because I gave birth to them is not enough to have a child. And I prefer to regret to be childless over the regret to be a mother.

Lori. It’s not always possible to downsize your house. If you don’t have much equity in your house it won’t work. If it’s a buyers market you may not make back what you put into it. Sometimes it cost more to downsize or the house may cost the same. There are free smart phones which many people have. Most don’t have cable anymore. 

Also why would you watch other peaoples kids for income when they are supposed to be staying home with them. You are just promoting working women. If every women watched other people’s kids, well they wouldn’t be able to because there would be no kids left. 

Jesus went into the world and preached the gospel. Jesus was a kid when he went to the temple on his own without telling his parents. 0B7E6C38-7862-4793-BE36-A8A2B1EC7851.thumb.jpeg.ea35ec1b09b5f0cc9ce80cbfa1e9d016.jpeg

Isn’t he just a gem. 

Spoiler

D5DC2907-51BE-4666-971B-65E218171947.thumb.png.1e22197e8c70d1e88794d9b4c6f006cc.png

This needs to be preserved for posterity. 

Spoiler

025E5EE9-7F0B-4D9C-B7A1-C75FD082B318.thumb.png.16bd28e28dc45ba254f033e579ae77aa.png

And this makes me sad- their daughter is young and college is already off the table.  

Spoiler

EA9610AD-49D6-4469-A162-01FEBC115794.thumb.png.9c70dff1b44b182b2be89a33bbcd3ce6.png

@Frog99 That gil guy would have loved Hitler. In later years of the third reich there was the death penalty on abortions for german women. You only could get one if you could prove that the father was of a lower "race" and for that the offspring was not valuable for the nazis.

I have heard about her and I ended up going down a rabbit hole on her FB page. I hate her attitudes about being silent in church because I am a vocalist on the worship team at my church. I am not exactly a leader, even though the worship pastor says that everyone is a worship leader. It wouldn't be difficult to believe if she said she didn't sing in church. I don't think I need to say that she takes the Bible too far. 

The Bible does warn about false prophets and her followers will claim that anyone who doesn't who her views are false prophets.

I'm glad I went to college because I came out of my shell and learned I was autistic at 20. I also grew more in my faith in Jesus Christ.

I think her writing is meant to make women feel like worthless pieces of excrement.

ETA: Why the hell is all the text centered on her blog?!?!?

This long comment is going to be gone by the time I refresh Lori's FB page, I predict. It's by the same woman who posted that she isn't going to send her daughter to college, DeeAnne. :think:

The Transformed Wife- Sister, I see that you removed my comment, speaking to you, in a heart of love about one way that my husband and I feel you are misleading women in your blog, with regards to adding to God’s Word and removing the Spirit of Love in your teaching (Rebuke and Love should be in the same teaching.) I told you that I agree with majority of what you say, but commented on something that God has placed on my heart for some time now. The pride that is in you that made you delete that comment, and others by other sisters, speaks very much to your character and really saddens me, since you have been given such a large audience to pour into, for God’s glory. I will continue to pray for you and your ministry, as God has led me to do, for quite some time, that God will give you wisdom and humble you as you will be held very highly accountable for placing yourself in a teaching position. It is always difficult to hear disagreement when we are speaking contrary to the word of God. Our flesh struggles with it. We all need it, bc we all fall short of the glory of God and are in a process of sanctification.
This, as I said, is not about this specific thread, but an ongoing pattern that I’ve observed. I believe you have a genuine heart and your intention is to do good, but it is a real danger when one is unwilling to hear the concerns of other believers. I’ve noticed That you often delete comments, or not respond to comments, that raise legitimate questions or disapproval to your opinions.… Yet you keep the comments of the people who are out right hateful and make a mockery. I find that odd. My rebuke was gentle and done in love. It is really unfortunate when people in leadership positions choose to not take heed to gentle warnings that are given based on the Word of God. You are my sister in Christ and I wish you great blessing and success in your ministry, especially since you have the year of so many. I do hope that these ladies, will go to the Word and their husbands, when your assertions seem questionable. Respectfully,

Yep. That delete finger is getting an extra workout today. It's gone.

21 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

ETA: Why the hell is all the text centered on her blog?!?!?

I don't know, but it irritates the living crap out of a lot of us. :my_dodgy:

Yes, she deleted that comment but I won't be surprised if it shows up as a post  soon.  

Something like:

A "Christian" woman recently bashed me for not taking her rebuke to heart.

When I see Ken has written his million man words, when 100 or less will do, the voice of Charlie Brown's teacher starts to play in my head. 

5 hours ago, cara said:

I addressed Ken in his comment under the College is Bad post asking (nicely!) how his sons managed to build good careers without going to college.  My comment was wiped in less that twenty seconds! 

Hell, even one of Ken and Lori's *daughters* went to college. :pearlclutching: But for *your* daughter? No, that's wrong. 

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/02/perversion-of-universities.html

Lori wrote...

I did attend college, however, because this is what young women were and are supposed to do. 

I thought she attended because her father made her. She's getting her stories mixed up, it would seem.

34 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Hell, even one of Ken and Lori's *daughters* went to college. :pearlclutching: But for *your* daughter? No, that's wrong. 

Lori wrote...

I thought she attended because her father made her. She's getting her stories mixed up, it would seem.

Not to mention that her eldest son only recently returned to school for law. Also, most people don't use their degrees? While plenty of people find themselves in careers different from their degree, the degree mattered. I know every job I've had since college, even when I didn't use my degree, I obtained because I had a college education. My bf works with a lot of people with varying degrees, but they only got the jobs because they had a degree. Sure, you don't have to have a college degree to get a great job, but it's eye-rolling to tell people they don't need a college degree when YOU have the life you have because YOU have a college education. 

I so wish these fundies would stop denying their children the education they received that allows them to afford the life they have. 

Before it’s gone. Definition of common sense according to the Webster dictionary: sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts. College teaches critical thinking and how to use common sense. Most forms of learning does. 

Definition of wisdom: the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise. College gives you an experience. If you pay attention and learn something, unlike Lori supposedly did, you will gain knowledge. 

17B656B9-CB6C-47A0-AD8D-79471B7F5F75.thumb.jpeg.46da66f94e43d87a7497f415066c5555.jpeg

Lori posted a meme that said “one of the greatest mistakes in American history was letting our government educate our children.” If this is true then why did her kids go to public school? Why did she not home school them? Do as I say not as I do right? 

Mid learning is so bad because of debt then why not help to fight for lower tuition? That’s right you don’t fight for anything. If learning is so bad, which is what most people do in college, then why did Jesus go to the temple to learn? Most of the rabbis weren’t good people according to Jesus yet he still learned from them. Jesus, yes he was older, associated himself with sinners. He let the children come to him when others couldn’t be bothered. Jesus was a radical and most thought he a false prophet yet people came to hear him speak and learn from him. 

Lori you say your self older women are supposed to teach younger women to love their husbands, kids, and how to manage the home. Why don’t you stick to that? College, women preaching, women working, and  women leading worship has nothing to do with how to manage your home and love your family. Countless women have pointed out that they work, take care of the home, and love their family. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lori wrote...

She went to a community college near home when she was nineteen years old.  It only cost $400 a semester which was much cheaper than Biola.  The first assignment given to her in her sociology class was a fifteen page study on gay bathroom sex.  She read the first half page full of explicit details and was disgusted. 

Sure, Jan Lori

?

40 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori you say your self older women are supposed to teach younger women to love their husbands, kids, and how to manage the home. Why don’t you stick to that?

Simple:  She doesn't know how to do any of those things.  Judging and criticizing, on the other hand, she can do.

10 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

Simple:  She doesn't know how to do any of those things.  Judging and criticizing, on the other hand, she can do.

Teaching requires work. Judging and criticizing require little effort.

Without going into a lot of detail, we recently changed churches. 

Lori talks about "mentoring" younger women (bullshit) and how women's bible studies are a hot-bed of wifely rebellion. 

Umm...anyway, I'm part of a women's group at our new church. The age range is from late 20's to 60-ish. We meet at a local restaurant (that serves alcohol!!!!). We have a blast talking, supporting, loving, laughing (wonder who cracks all the jokes??), and managing to squeeze some bible and some prayer in there while we're hanging out. Lori would shit herself watching us, but she would never know the love that's felt and expressed there. 

1052139140_RARELYSTUDIED.JPG.16f7ec153733ed7a527cec376628792a.JPG

Lori is certainly telling the truth here about herself ...  except that others did study hard and did benefit.  But, the world revolves around Lori, speaker of TRUTH!  If it worked for her, it is good.  If it did not, it is bad.  Pretty much sums up all that she 'teaches'.

After she deleted my question she back peddled a bit and said that college is all right, but only for important things like medicine and law (which covers her sons nicely). I don't know why she let her daughter study sociology, it's one of the more wishy washy subjects by her standards. 

And the debt argument, like a lot of her beliefs just shows how narrow minded she is to how things work in the wider world. In most of Europe third level Ed is affordable and in some states it's free! 

I wonder if Lori & Ken paid for their sons' college education?   This whole debt thing is confusing.  For Lori, this debt problem seems to only apply to women but debt affects the whole family. 

Also, many parents pay for/or help pay for college.  Then there are things like scholarships awarded for high performance and for people who cannot afford to go.  For those living in large cities, kids can go and live at home (at least the first two years) and there are public colleges/4 years.  There are also companies that help pay for your education as does the military.  I also believe that loans are often long term loans.  Actually, I think it may be even more important for women to get a 4 year degree than men because they do not go to trade schools as often.  Correct me here if I am wrong.

It seems to me that for Lori, it is all about the privilege she was born into and then married into.  She does not, or will not (more likely), see that beyond holding women back, she is also promoting downward mobility (the opposite of what she has lived) AND, this downward mobility, in turn, affects, the children of the young parents today who decide before their children are even born, that college is not in the cards.  She has made it a "sin" to want to learn.  Perhaps, it is the fear that their 'evil' education will take them away from God.  I think it more likely that they may question what they were taught using critical thinking skills, but that is good.  A faith that cannot stand up to question and reason is a house built on cards.  

@cara   You mentioned that one of Lori's daughters studied sociology in college.  Which one?  I thought that neither of them went to college.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived