IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 63: Teacher of Foolishness

1 hour ago, Pink Muffin said:

Oh, to be a fly on Lori´s dirty Norwex cloth :tw_tounge_wink: She sure is getting a bashing on this post. I guess Ken is busy saddling the Horse of Truth. Or Lori is going to delete the post.

Oh, Ken's already made a couple of comments. First, he demands a commenter apologize to another:

You are being very unkind and way over the top in the discussion Nikki. Take down your comment that you wish Kimberley's husband loses his job and apologize to her if you are a Christian. That is what Christians do when they are wrong. Hold all the opinions you want about vaccines, but stop being a bully about it.

What's he gonna do if Nikki doesn't apologize? Spank her? Oh, wait...Lori would love that. 

And then, after someone links to the horrific story of the child in Oregon whose parents refused to allow a tetanus vaccine even after he GOT tetanus and spent two excruciatingly painful months in the hospital because of it:

The game of giving individual stories on both sides is a very long one.

It's just one story, so it doesn't count. ?

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annndd the  Horse of Truth arriveth!  He hasn't pounced on our buddy Shaun yet, but I'm sure it's coming! 

vaccine 1.jpg

Honestly I have very mixed feelings about today's vaccination post.  The antivax thing is harming children, and just needs to die before more children do.  However, Lori is telling women to ignore what they truly believe is bad for their children, and let their husbands do something to those children that (they think) is harmful, perhaps even dangerous.  If a mother truly believes that vaccination will hurt her child, and allows it to happen, will she also allow him to take their children in the car when he's drunk?  Sit back and do nothing as he beats/'disciplines' them?  Where can she draw the line if she is told she must submit even when it goes against her judgment? 

Blocked and banned after one comment.  This woman wants to conceal the truth from her drones at any expense. Evil. Deceived.  Lori Alexander, WAKE UP.  

189D985C-C0EC-4A73-9C69-E9830C7D3017.jpeg

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

Oh, Ken's already made a couple of comments. First, he demands a commenter apologize to another:

But do the men have to apologize for their verbal abuse of women?  I'm not holding my breath.  

And we have this gem from Lori.  You know what else is relatively new, not just to America, but the entire world? CyberKnife therapy for brain tumors.  There are no mentions of CyberKnife in the Bible, and no commands to use it. Maybe that should have told Lori something?  

9192347.jpg

16 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

But do the men have to apologize for their verbal abuse of women?  I'm not holding my breath.  

And we have this gem from Lori.  You know what else is relatively new, not just to America, but the entire world? CyberKnife therapy for brain tumors.  There are no mentions of CyberKnife in the Bible, and no commands to use it. Maybe that should have told Lori something?  

9192347.jpg

The internet is relatively new as well, with no Biblical commands to use it, either. Lori, you got some 'splainin' to do. :rolleyes:

There's actually been more female preachers in American and beyond then we will ever know about because men wrote them out of history. I know I've read of some within the last 300 years even though I can't remember names off the top of my head. That's certainly not a new thing. We've also had female theologians since before 1300s (I'm no scholar). That's. Not. New. And the reason why females didn't have as big of a voice? Because early male theologians thought of females like many of Lori's followers think of females. Many theologians had a low view of women which in turn influenced the culture of the time, in addition to reflecting the attitude of culture at their time.  

https://www.cbeinternational.org/resources/article/priscilla-papers/woman-augustine-hippo

I don't understand why Lori and the fangirls are so concerned with how many children other people have or don't have.  They say how sad it is. Why? What business is it of theirs?

I get that guy might not should have put it in print where his son might read it one day. 

My mom was 17 and unmarried when I was born. She has never said she regretted having me, but I'm sure she couldn't have been overjoyed at the news. She married a wonderful man who adopted me when I was 5 and all turned out great.  

I couldn't care less if someone has 10 children or 0.  I'd much rather someone who didn't want children not have them than be guilted into it. That's a recipe for neglect or abuse.

Some gems from the latest post. I don’t believe for a second that Lori would have more children. And what is with fundie parents believing that if they don’t beat their kids 24/7 no one will enjoy them. I was spanked, if you’d calm it a spanking it was more of one or two swots over my close, five times total as a kid and grounded twice in high school. Parents loved being around me. I was polite and always ate all the viggies. Didn’t need to be hit. 9A8F42D2-FF4A-44E9-8C32-A3FFE7423002.thumb.png.8e180a12798f21bdf736ffe4e1203ccb.png

i had zero problems with my parents working. They were there for me when I needed them. 

Spoiler

74E960A0-9A70-4404-8FEC-AEE88F923BA2.thumb.jpeg.612f1433f8fa5b6f9b7ea123cb171b2d.jpeg

Don’t have kids if you aren’t sure you will want them. Don’t marry someone who wants kids if you don’t. Vise versa. It sets someone up for failed. I have zero desire for kids but if I had them I would do my best to love them and not make them feel like a regret.

When Lori lists the reasons that moms have to be at home, she always puts "discipline" first or second on the list. What was wrong that her kids needed so much discipline? Anyhow, I thought that she stopped disciplining them after age five?

Here's what struck me about today's post. Lori's first thought about this subject is that it's irrelevant. Since a husband (who is "physically stronger") can simply push his wife aside and shove his screaming kid into the car, there really isn't an issue. The man can always get his kid vaccinated, because physical strength.

What a primitive way she views things. How odd. So most men can resolve every disagreement in their marriage by brute force? What a weird world she lives in. Arguing between Chinese food and Italian? The man wins, becuase he can shove his wife into the passenger seat and drive to the Chinese. Arguing about how to spend the tax refund? The man wins, because he can wrench the debit card from his wife's hand, drive to the bank, and withdraw the money. A disagreement about vaccines? Grab the baby out of his wife's arms, push her aside, strap the kid in, zoom off to the doctor. Lori doesn't see why there's any conflict at all, so long as the man is physically fit enough to pull this off.

11 minutes ago, Hisey said:

When Lori lists the reasons that moms have to be at home, she always puts "discipline" first or second on the list. What was wrong that her kids needed so much discipline? Anyhow, I thought that she stopped disciplining them after age five?

Here's what struck me about today's post. Lori's first thought about this subject is that it's irrelevant. Since a husband (who is "physically stronger") can simply push his wife aside and shove his screaming kid into the car, there really isn't an issue. The man can always get his kid vaccinated, because physical strength.

What a primitive way she views things. How odd. So most men can resolve every disagreement in their marriage by brute force? What a weird world she lives in. Arguing between Chinese food and Italian? The man wins, becuase he can shove his wife into the passenger seat and drive to the Chinese. Arguing about how to spend the tax refund? The man wins, because he can wrench the debit card from his wife's hand, drive to the bank, and withdraw the money. A disagreement about vaccines? Grab the baby out of his wife's arms, push her aside, strap the kid in, zoom off to the doctor. Lori doesn't see why there's any conflict at all, so long as the man is physically fit enough to pull this off.

Wow. I just had an epiphany.

Once I had an argument with Lori concerning taking the keys from a man who was thinking of driving drunk.  Her argument was, "I sure wouldn't do it, and most wives wouldn't. He's stronger, after all!"

I wondered and wondered about that for years.

You picked up on this right away.

This is her exposing her (otherwise hidden) belief that WOMEN CAUSE men to be physically violent and overpowering by DISOBEYING their husbands!

I. get. it. now.

Women cause everything in Loriland.  This is because the Comp marriage is doomed to be a competition from its inception; power plays rule. She may have the power to disobey him, but he always has MORE power - physically.

Pathetic view of marriage covenant, if you ask me.

Is it not nice how only women get put down and regimented by those who call themselves christian? Why is there not one person calling out the men on their bullshit? Not pampering them and calling their women lazy sluts?

I have to wonder about a God that creates the universe, gives us all these rules and standards for good living, the Bible, Jesus' word etc. Then commands every woman to pick one man on earth and just do everything he says *shrug*

20 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I agree the beating of the children is abhorent and reprehensible and far more horrible than the cat incident.  I was just using the cat as an example that she cannot control her temper.  Remember when she bragged she hit Ken.  She brags about the beatings of her children.  She is a disgusting evil person who walks around in the guise of holiness, when inside she is raging with hate, anger and wrath.

I think it's very telling that she would harm a creature even lower in the pecking order than her children.

To clarify: I've noticed most of our fundies never mention pets, and if they do, it's usually the case that they are neglected, but not necessarily on the receiving end of the fundie's abuse. Not even the cat is safe from Lori's ire.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:29 PM, lilwriter85 said:

Yeah, she's a fucking idiot.   I'm looking at the comments regarding medical expenses. Several years ago, a fundie couple in Alaska had a son who was born premature. His birth weight was low enough that the family qualified for Medicaid to pay for the medical bills. They refused it and years later the hospital was trying to collect an outstanding 100k medical bill from them. They did online fundraising and met the goal. The couple had some deep connections within Vision Forum because the husband had been worked or interned for Doug Phillips. Doug pushed VF followers to donate to the fund. 

I wouldn't be surprised if some of Lori's fangirls turned to online fundraising for medical bills and other related expenses. But, not every online fundraiser is a success.  Chronic illnesses and disabilities never go away and the expenses linger on. Margaret and the other fangirls should volunteer at a rehab hospital or an organization for the disabled. My ex-boyfriend was a volunteer coach for Special Olympics and he has worked with disabled people for years. He was personal care attendant, therapy assistant, and currently as a hospital social worker. His mother was an occupational therapist. They told me tons of stories of disabled people having financial problems. I volunteered with my ex at SO and a couple of other organizations for awhile and I heard some stories from various people. 

My son has autism.  We do live off of one income; however, we only have one child and admittedly, that makes things easier.  Also, my son is physically healthy and we don't have the expenses that a chronic or severe medical condition would have.  We qualified for a Medicaid waiver that we used for many years to pay for our son's speech therapy. At the moment, we are not taking Medicaid.  But we will need to apply for SSI very soon.  My son is 20 and currently in a program learning job skills.  He's reasonably high-functioning, but I don't know if he will ever be able to be independent.  That's the question I wrestle with, who takes care of him when his father and I are gone?  Where we live, we don't have family, and while we have a good church family that loves our son and has given him a niche to serve, would they be willing to step in and make sure he's OK when his dad and I are not around?

While I do work from home, the income I earn is specifically to pay a debt I incurred (student loans from when I went back to school a few years ago).  And since I work as an independent contractor, I have to report what I earn.  (And my husband works for the IRS so it's impossible for me to cheat on my taxes. ? )  

Ahhhh!  Lori got her feelings hurt because two of her men friends called her to task so she had to post about it today and call in Ken to defend her.  Man I hate when that happens lol 

5 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Ahhhh!  Lori got her feelings hurt because two of her men friends called her to task so she had to post about it today and call in Ken to defend her.  Man I hate when that happens lol 

Men who are not her husband, who she claims she doesn't answer to, treated her in small measure as she treats her female followers.  Hate to say she had it coming, but...well, she did.  

Ken definitely saddled up and rode on his horse.  He probably got little sleep last night, with Lori whining about how  mean men were taking her to task.  The irony is he was supposed to save Lori from those terrible men, but really he made himself look like a total dimwit.  That man can write and fantastically in the most convoluted way.  All I saw was , "blah blah blah...listen to me, I've a penis."  

I thought that, in Lori's world, that men are authorities over women, so she should shut up and say, "yes men".  There should be no disagreeing with men.  Yea, I know...it's do as Lori says and not as Lori does.

Does anyone else hear Dudley Do Right theme when they read Ken's posts?  

Dudley Do Right.jpg

Regarding Lori's attitude on male physicality:  I wonder if that's what she witnessed growing up and believes to be the standard?  We know she was strong armed on at least one date...maybe there were other physical situations that either she was in or she witnessed first hand.  That may also play into her insistence on disciplining children in physical ways.  If you can't fight and win against the stronger one,  you take it out on what is weaker than you.  Am I making sense?  

The 18 year old male child in me understands the fascination with brutishness, it's the same thing that makes us look over at the car wreck scene when we pass by.  But to celebrate it is another story.  Even in the Marine Corps there was a point when troops grew up and realized getting into fights every weekend doesn't win you anything but some permanent bruising and a bad reputation.    

To add on to what was said before me. I think her immaturity is what influences her fascination with physical resolutions to conflict. It's very childish in that: you make me angry, I push you. You make me angry, I hit you with a leather strap.  Idk maybe it's my job that offers me that perspective because many of my kids lash out because not only do they not know how to communicate but they view violence as an immediate way to get what they want. They don't see the long term benefits of not being violent and using words because they have a short term, immature view of the world. Lori is a black and white very tunnel vision thinker. She's not good at abstract, complex reasoning nor does she want to develop those skills. It's all very childish. 

On 3/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, delphinium65 said:

Honestly I have very mixed feelings about today's vaccination post.  The antivax thing is harming children, and just needs to die before more children do.  However, Lori is telling women to ignore what they truly believe is bad for their children, and let their husbands do something to those children that (they think) is harmful, perhaps even dangerous.  If a mother truly believes that vaccination will hurt her child, and allows it to happen, will she also allow him to take their children in the car when he's drunk?  Sit back and do nothing as he beats/'disciplines' them?  Where can she draw the line if she is told she must submit even when it goes against her judgment? 

Apparently Zany Zsu is going of the deep end of the Vax train. Whats going on? 

Lori, you claim to not teach men.  But they are on your posts and they comment a lot.  I guess teaching and engaging with them are not the same thing, but you sure try to play the innocent female who shouldn't associate with men who are not her husband or father card a lot!  For Pete's sake, pick a side and stay with it!  You are such a huge hypocrite.  As well as being racist, sexist, and whatever other "ist" that I can thing of!

By the way, FJ family, I made bread in my bread machine this morning.  I tossed the ingredients in (not Einkhorn flour!), pushed the button and then told Mr. Briefly what time it should be ready.  We might have it with butter, but not $14.00 butter.

I am currently reading a biography of Anne Hutchinson...who was leading Bible studies and teaching (and got banished for it) in the 1630's.

So um - no, Lori, NOT A NEW THING IN AMERICA.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived