IGNORED

Michelle 2: Mom of 13 & YouTuber Accused of Neglect on Dr. Phil

luv2laugh

56 minutes ago, Ash said:

She just dumped a bunch of canned beans together, along with a tin of tomatoes and some cans of premade chili, gave it a stir, and gushed how it was the best thing ever.  If you want to get fancy you can add a can of green chilis. JillD's recipes are more complicated.

ETA: I think there might have been browned ground beef in there, too? Can't remember now.

She mentioned that if you really wanted to jazz it up, you could slice an onion and add some browned ground beef in there, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

On 3/3/2019 at 1:21 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

Although I personally think what Michelle did was breathtakingly, staggeringly stupid, she has the right to make her own medical decisions regarding the delivery. If she then turned around and refused to get Millie care, then it would be neglect. Was it incredibly dangerous? Yes. Does she have the right to choose her healthcare provider and facility, if any? Also yes.  But, again, that’s the bioethics of the situation and not my personal opinion. Here’s a case study of almost the exact scenario that discusses it in greater detail:

http://ww.aldenmarch.org/Academic/bioethics/documents/Jane_%26_Paul_New_Pub.pdf

Exactly. Horribly dangerous decision? Yes. Legal? Yes. CPS couldn't legally do anything about her having a homebirth. 

I do think it's important to remember that advocating for legal or CPS involvement to prevent homebirths is advocating that the right of medical choice be removed from the mother. That's a bad precedent to set, even though some people use their freedom to make horrible decisions. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

My chili is canned beans, canned tomatoes, two cans of tomatoes with peppers, ground turkey (browned in a can of Fat Tire), and a bottle of tomato juice -- plus some red pepper flakes and paprika.

It's my lazy but substantial meal, not video worthy.

• Upvote 7

On 3/1/2019 at 2:37 PM, luv2laugh said:

After Hillary lost the election, I vowed to really try hard to remove calling other women a “Bitch” from my vocabulary. I’m also trying really hard to not comment on a woman’s appearance if she’s an asshole (I’ve made mistakes but I keep trying). 

However, I can’t with this one. She’s more than a bitch. She’s way worse. I am hesitant to call her an abuser because it’s not legally proven but what else can we say? Monster?

Who wants to help me take one for the team by watching this wacko LIVE tonight? She promised she goes LIVE every evening (mountain time?)

Lori Anderson is the Monster. Can't steal that one!

• I Agree 3

I also believe that the LDS church is helping them out financially. I visited an ex-mormon forum on Reddit where someone wrote that their family was HUGE and if it wasn't for being Mormon, their entire family would have been homeless. The Mormon church is well known for the financial help they give to families. If the dad is working as many hours he possibly can and still cannot make ends meet for the family, the Mormon church would be more than happy to financially help them.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

My chili is canned beans, canned tomatoes, two cans of tomatoes with peppers, ground turkey (browned in a can of Fat Tire), and a bottle of tomato juice -- plus some red pepper flakes and paprika.

It's my lazy but substantial meal, not video worthy.

Chili is pretty hard to screw up.  Yours sounds good and similar to ours.  Ground beef or turkey, browned with chopped onion and bell peppers.  I add garlic powder at this point.  Drain well, then I add a can of Busch's chili beans, a can of Rotel tomatoes, a little water (4 oz or less) and a boatload of chili powder.  Like at least 1/2 cup chili powder but frequently more.  Simmer it a little while, and it's done.

Occasionally, like yesterday, I will add chopped celery.  We ran out of onions and the streets were a little to icy to go to the store for more so I used celery.  It was different and it was pretty good.  Mr. Briefly tends to put whatever other spice he feels like along with the garlic.

• Upvote 4

She’s LiVE!

She’s telling us how to give birth the EASY way!

She actually said this, in response to a mom that had a c-section on advice for a VBAC birth (after giving her tips on it), “Having a vaginal birth is the most satisfying thing I have done and there is nothing that makes you feel like more of a woman than a vaginal birth”.

OMG. I can’t believe she just said that but then again, I can. 

She apologized for not going live yesterday.

The Dr. Phil show called her today to ask for follow up. She said she’s happy for the help they gave and that didn’t have to stop homeschooling. She complained he criticized her instead of the kids. She said the coaches could see the kids were taken care of and think they only need financial help. She laughed and said she can’t promote watching him unless you like mean gossip and digging up things from the past. She said “He was even more of a jerk than what you saw. They cut out more of the jerk things he said.”

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 10

18 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

She just said “Having a vaginal birth is the most satisfying thing I have done and there is nothing that makes you feel like more of a woman than a vaginal birth”.

Oh, barf.

I can't watch now but I think I will try tomorrow. I cannot wait to hear what she said to the Dr. Phil show!

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

“Having a vaginal birth is the most satisfying thing I have done and there is nothing that makes you feel like more of a woman than a vaginal birth”.

Giving birth vaginally was incredibly satisfying. It was like taking the biggest dump of my life. I actually said after one of my kids was born, “ahhh, that feels so much better!” But it didn’t make me feel like a woman. I just felt like someone who took a big dump. A chubby, screaming, cute little pink dump.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

She just wrapped it up now. It was an hour long live video stream. At the end, she showed us baby Millie. She said 9 kids live at home. 2 kids are married and 2 are living on their own. Sunshine moved out. Apparently, River lives with them. She had the kids take a two week break from homeschooling because they are so advanced. I didn’t tune in early (only 20 minutes ago) so I only caught the end.

She also mentioned “and YES I still spend time with the other kids”. I believe she said that because in the last video, she said that nursing baby’s Millie is her “full-time job” and someone commented that Millie only needs nursing and changing and that they hoped she was spending time with the other kids given they expressed suicidal ideation. She replied to her comment and said “Yes. I am with them all the time. The kids no longer have any depression and everyone is great.”

Honestly, I don’t believe everything she says. She tries to paint a different picture of how life is on YouTube but the kids (and even the husband) clearly feel differently. It’s funny that she complained about Dr. Phil after his team called her to follow up today but she said she liked the help he sent her.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Giving birth vaginally was incredibly satisfying. It was like taking the biggest dump of my life. I actually said after one of my kids was born, “ahhh, that feels so much better!” But it didn’t make me feel like a woman. I just felt like someone who took a big dump. A chubby, screaming, cute little pink dump.

Thanks, I needed that laugh! I'm having a hard pregnancy day today and you just cheered me right up! :goldfish:

15 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

“Yes. The kids no longer have any depression and everyone is great.”

Honestly, I don’t believe everything she says. She tries to paint a different picture of how life is on YouTube but the kids (and even the husband) clearly feel differently.

Ah yes, because Tony Robbins cured them. I'm sure it's all true. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

I haven’t watched everything yet (I break it up and pause it and watch again when I can) but she still into a lot of herbs. She’s discussing a lot of herbal supplements that she takes during labor to help with pain management. 

I laughed when she said “Giving birth can be as easy as 1 2 3 but raising them is a whole other story, right?”

Maybe she should have had a career as a surrogate? She basically admitted that she enjoys giving birth but raising them isn’t something she’s as interested in with that comment...Why not get paid to get pregnant and not have to deal with raising them then Michelle?

I don’t believe everything is OK despite her insisting it is. I understand she is over the moon with Millie. I hope she will still be this in love with Millie when she’s 5 and not a baby anymore. Multiple adult kids have said Michelle and Rod are unstable parents and I believe them over her... it’s really bizarre to me that some of the worst Quiverfull mothers that we discuss on here still manage to talk to their followers about their other kids but Michelle #2 never does this unless she’s shit-talking one of them.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, Briefly said:

Drain well, then I add a can of Busch's chili beans, a can of Rotel tomatoes, a little water (4 oz or less) and a boatload of chili powder. 

I'm convinced that this is where the magic happens! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She basically admitted that she enjoys giving birth but raising them isn’t something she’s as interested in with that comment

It may also be that she feels good and gets LOTS of attention when she's pregnant, and that special pregnancy status attention is what she craves, because it's obvious that she craves attention. 

Also, who's taking care of the other kids when she loads up the Conestoga wagon to take four boys to a different state for a damn haircut?   Again, with the JRods loading up the fam to drive cross country to take the oldest to college.  Same principle, different scale. These women are definitely sisters from different mothers. 

I assume they go to LDS church regularly and the kids are involved in church activities, so that could help the kids a lot with stability in the midst of chaos. 

I just googled, "Does Mormon church have a food bank?"  The answer is yes:   The Bishop's Storehouse   That link goes to the LDS website, Provident Living, that is filled with links to resources available to Mormons. 

• Upvote 7

Mormons are required to tithe 10% of their income to the church otherwise they are shamed by losing their “temple recommend” which they need to interview for every two years. Given this, besides the Catholic Church, the Mormon church has a ton of money. They have their own welfare program for members that are financially struggling.

The majority of Quiverfull mothers that are discussed on here are BIG time attention seekers (most likely on a pathological level). The children end up being the victims. The attention seekers only care about the pregnancy, sometimes the baby, but as soon as the child isn’t a baby anymore, they don’t care about it. It’s the siblings job to raise them. Many of them miss being pregnant minutes after giving birth.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

The Dr. Phil show called her today to ask for follow up. She said she’s happy for the help they gave and that didn’t have to stop homeschooling. She complained he criticized her instead of the kids. She said the coaches could see the kids were taken care of and think they only need financial help. She laughed and said she can’t promote watching him unless you like mean gossip and digging up things from the past. She said “He was even more of a jerk than what you saw. They cut out more of the jerk things he said.”

Yeah, she would think that the kids are the ones that need help. Which they do, but SHE is the one Dr. Phil was trying to help!  She is the one who needs help as she is the one raising the children.  She really is a idiot.

18 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I laughed when she said “Giving birth can be as easy as 1 2 3 but raising them is a whole other story, right?”

Maybe she should have had a career as a surrogate? She basically admitted that she enjoys giving birth but raising them isn’t something she’s as interested in with that comment...Why not get paid to get pregnant and not have to deal with raising them then Michelle?

In that regard, she reminds me very much of Diane Downs.  Google "Small Sacrifices" by Ann Rule for the best book/explanation of that particular sociopathic mom.

9 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm convinced that this is where the magic happens! 

OH, yes, Rotel is magic!

• Upvote 4

She’s LIVE! Las Vegas is in the Pacific Time Zone. So, she goes live usually between 7:00- 8:00 PM Pacific Time.

She is telling us HOW to have a girl. She says there is a trick and it works, “NO orgasm during sex”.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Confused 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 15
  • Haha 4

OMG she’s finally admitting she’s been ignorant about Down Syndrome and is glad to know NOW that Millie’s heart issue is the most common one for babies with DS

She says Millie likely needs to have a GI surgery. She has digestive issues.

Millie hasn’t had a bowel movement yet and is having trouble gaining weight. They’ve been referred to a geneticist, gastroenterologist, and an endocrinologist. They don’t know if Millie has Mosaic DS or DS yet.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 6

Ok I’m tuning in again from where I left off... 

With her last birth, which was the twins, she ended up having a pulmonary embolism and needed to be hospitalized.

She supplemented her milk with the twins with goats milk. Now, her oldest daughter had a baby in December so she is using her daughter’s breast milk as a supplement for Millie.

She’s sharing (cute) DS hashtags she’s seen other parents posting. 

OK. I KNEW IT... 

She just admitted that she “was not sure if Millie had DS until right after giving birth to her but I was prepared to love her either way.” Earlier, she stated that Millie received a DS diagnosis early as she showed all of the markers so that they knew “early on” that Millie had DS... Yet, she said she was not sure if Millie had DS until after birth? I believe the only way someone would go through giving birth at home to a baby with holes in their heart, after having a BAD last birth with a pulmonary embolism, is if they were in DEEP denial.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

OMG she’s finally admitting she’s been ignorant about Down Syndrome and is glad to know NOW that Millie’s heart issue is the most common one for babies with DS

She says Millie likely needs to have a GI surgery. She has digestive issues.

Millie hasn’t had a bowel movement yet and is having trouble gaining weight. They’ve been referred to a geneticist, gastroenterologist, and an endocrinologist. They don’t know if Millie has Mosaic DS or DS yet.

All of those issues may be related to her having DS. That’s the thing about DS. People assume it’s always just intellectual disability. Because that’s all they see when they see older children or adults with DS on tv or in public. They never hear about the other health issues that are common in babies with DS. She’s going to have a lot of doctors appointments, possibly a few surgeries, specialized treatments, and therapies. Millie is going to take all her attention. And her older neglected children will somehow become even more neglected. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

She is telling us HOW to have a girl. She says there is a trick and it works, “NO orgasm during sex”.

That's probably the stupidest thing I'll read all day...I don't even have words for this.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

Except I had IUI. I guarantee there are no orgasms happening with that. Boy. Statistically IUIs result in a slightly higher rate of boys also, so just like we already knew about her - she doesn't know shit.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Except I had IUI. I guarantee there are no orgasms happening with that. Boy. Statistically IUIs result in a slightly higher rate of boys also, so just like we already knew about her - she doesn't know shit.

High five! I’m also in the IUI boy club! But wait a minute! I have another boy that was from the old fashioned way... 

• Upvote 3

Holy mother of God. I don’t even personally KNOW anybody with DS, and I know so much more about it! Not bragging—I just do. Back in 1978, when I was pregnant, as part of the old “God is giving me a heads-up on things that could possibly go wrong” thing, I started noticing people with cleft lip/palate or DS, and reading up on these conditions as a way to prepare myself in case my baby were affected. (Back then, ultrasounds were rarely used.) 

I just can’t with these women who so blithely disregard major health situations affecting their children.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I think she refused to educate herself about DS until after the birth as a coping mechanism. It was easier for her to avoid it.

She should have been making DS awareness videos months ago. She was told right away, early in the pregnancy that the baby had DS but admitted she didn’t know for certain until after the birth. 

The videos she’s making come off as if she is only doing research about DS right now.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3