IGNORED

Michael Cohen's House Oversight Committee Hearing 02/27/2019

Cartmann99

Oh boy, controversy about Tlaib, calling out a racist act by Meadows. Meadows is indignant and angry at being called racist. 

• Upvote 3

Meadows is almost in tears. Cummings is his friend. Tlaib clarifies and half apologizes if she made him feel bad. She did not call him a racist.

• Upvote 2

(A lot of racists have black relatives.)

GOP wants articles by Fake News Amazon Washington post entered into the record.

And article by CNN

Cohen has final remarks.

Ah Cohen telling Trump to respect the law. That's laying it a big thick for a felon.

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Meadows has brought out Lynne Patton to say that Trump isn't a racist. :pb_rollseyes:

As a black woman, this made me just about toss my cookies. I wonder how much she was paid to be the spook that sat by the door. Shameful.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I don't think he should have sermonized about his opinions about the government shutdown etc. Just stick to the facts.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

GOP wants articles by Fake News Amazon Washington post entered into the record.

And article by CNN

Cohen has final remarks.

Yes, he was asked if he was offered a pardon. I can’t remember who. The answer was no, and he wouldn’t have accepted if he had been.

Edited by fraurosena
Phone autocorrected to Dutch words
  • Upvote 5

It makes it look like a partisan foray.

Cummings makes a pointless speech. He wants the country to be better.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Meadows is almost in tears. Cummings is his friend.

He really was about to cry. I can't understand how Cummings can be best friends with someone as awful as Meadows. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

The last couple of dems focussed on the money angle, his financial statements and tax returns, and what they might reveal, as well as asking about which people would have knowledge about it. We can expect Alan Weisselberg and Junior to be called to testify, as well as some other people I haven’t remembered but that Cohen named. I’m looking forward to Weisselberg especially, as he has such intimate knowledge of those finances. Junior will be entertaining to watch, but he’s gonna lie and squirm. Weisselberg could potentially reveal detrimental evidence of financial wrongdoings and downright criminal activities.

• Upvote 9

Cummings saying this is not the first hearing like Jordan said

Come on guys, we can do more than one thing.

The hearing ended.

• Upvote 5

Just now, fraurosena said:

Junior will be entertaining to watch, but he’s gonna lie and squirm.

I so hope it is on TV. That will be something to watch! 

Well it looks like there is strong evidence Trump broke the law with his charity. And Trump was terrified of being audited because he would get fines. 

• Upvote 9

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I can easily see him ranting and raging in fear and trepidation.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

I just watched AOC's turn and DAMN GURL she and her team are good. They will def. be going after Trump wherever they can, I can't say I'm mad.

• Upvote 6

and also didn’t know Cohen could bring evidence.

This sounds like it could be true. Not knowing basic shit like this is classic Trump.  Trump lives in his own world and I'm sure that while he knew Cohen had turned, he probably didn't understand the extent to how much Cohen would throw him under the bus until today. 

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Most of the highlights are in this thread if you're reading later.

40 people wrote statements in his defense for the sentencing.
He's laying it a bit thick about this great friend thingy.

Meadows lied about the form? He said it talks about any foreign entities but Katie Porter says it refers to governmental entities.

somebody ask him about Prague

Just now starting to catch up after a day from hell at work.  My husband came home right as I was watching :bigheart:Jamie :bigheart:.  Mr. One kid donated platelets and was trying to tell me about it.  I had to start Jamie over three times!!!!1111!!!!1.

Yea, Mr. is the HeadMeat  and all that..but nobody gets in the way of me and my Jamie. 

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I haven't been posting because I had to cook dinner -- with my headphones on listening to the testimony.

What was for dinner?  I am unashamed to be a food voyeur of the most extreme kind 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

My grandmother had a Navajo daughter in law and Navajo grandchildren (my aunt and cousins) and she was pretty damn bigoted.  How bigoted you ask? When my uncle was first married and visiting his parents with his new bride, my grandmother tried to set him up with an old girlfriend who just happened to be White and Jewish. Cuz you know that is what every mother does for her newly married son is try and break up the marriage.  

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 4

I left to go shopping when I realized that things had degraded to the point where I was rooting for (the likes of) Michael Cohen to be believed.  I'm going to make chicken wings for dinner, as solace.  Hope that little nuclear deal that Dumpy is working on doesn't generate any mushroom clouds.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I left to go shopping when I realized that things had degraded to the point where I was rooting for (the likes of) Michael Cohen to be believed.  I'm going to make chicken wings for dinner, as solace.  Hope that little nuclear deal that Dumpy is working on doesn't generate any mushroom clouds.

How were the wings? Now I want wings. But not mushrooms. Never mushrooms.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

How were the wings? Now I want wings. But not mushrooms. Never mushrooms.

I'll report back.  Haven't quite mustered up the energy to prepare them.  Totally agree about mushrooms, they do not enter my doorway.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2