IGNORED

Michael Cohen's House Oversight Committee Hearing 02/27/2019

Cartmann99

Michael Cohen is scheduled to publicly testify before the House Oversight Committee on February 27th. The folks at C-Span 3 have blocked out 10am-4pm ET on their schedule for the hearing, so bring snacks if you plan to watch on Wednesday. 

PBS NewsHour is one of the sources who will be hosting a livestream of Wednesday's events. 

As for the huge build-up to this hearing, this is my theme song:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

While we're on the subject of Cohen's testimony, here's someone who's busy with some class A witness tampering...

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

While we're on the subject of Cohen's testimony, here's someone who's busy with some class A witness tampering...

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R - Gator Breath) is peak Florida Man Not Smart.  As @fraurosena notes, Gaetz' tweet could charitably be viewed as trying to intimidate a witness and is an "I'm an A+ asshole" tweet in its own right. 

Gaetz is BFF with Roger Stone.  Stone is under a total gag order, and that includes having surrogates comment on his behalf.  Gaetz seems to having issues with impulse control.  Just sayin'. 

Details of Gaetz' 2008 DUI and subsequent sleaze-soaked dismissal.  From 2014: Lawmaker's talk of mug shot raises questions about DUI arrest

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Gaetz is BFF with Roger Stone.  Stone is under a total gag order, and that includes having surrogates comment on his behalf.  Gaetz seems to having issues with impulse control.  Just sayin'. 

This. Exactly this. We here of the like really smart stable genius FJ Universe know that Roger baby can't keep his trap shut not even for an hour.  I knew he would get his minions to Tweet and Facebook for him. Probably word for word.

• Upvote 6

Aww he gets in a dig at Fredo 

Sure he did that because his scores show he is a stable genius 

DUI guy got told that witness tampering is a crime 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Here's Rudes for the rescue: Trump had nothing to do with Russians or crimes which is why he employed a lawyer working with Russian crimelords 

• Upvote 7

The presidunce is mighty scared of what will be revealed and/or proven today.

"Michael Cohen was one of many lawyers who represented me (unfortunately)."

Yep. It's quite unfortunate for you that he was, isn't it? Because he's got the dirt on you, and the means to prove it.

"He was just disbarred by the State Supreme Court for lying & fraud."

Ok. So? Your point being? Because it does not diminish his worth at a witness to your crimes whatsoever.

"He did bad things unrelated to Trump" 

1. You're talking about yourself in the third person again

2. He may well have done bad things unrelated to you. But he also did bad things that were definitely related to you.

"He is lying to reduce his prison time."

Uhm. He's testifying to Congress, not a court of law. They cannot reduce his sentence, so his testimony cannot and will not be reduced by what he tells them. So there is no reason for him to lie today. Instead, he has way more incentive to tell the truth, as he was caught lying (for you!) before, which got him his sentence in the first place.

"Using Crooked's lawyer!"

1. #bebest, presidunce. Name-calling is such a childish and crude bullying tactic, that only serves to highlight your unfitness for office.

2. So, he's using a lawyer that has also handled some of Hillary's cases. That lawyer has also handled many, many other cases for many, many other people. What's your point, exactly? 

Edited by fraurosena
riffle
  • Upvote 10

Good Morning (evening, night, afternoon depending where you all are)

I'm swamped with work today, so hold down the fort and I'll check in at lunch.

:bigheart:

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

home with flu.  looking for place to watch online.

Wow, sorry about the flu. Hope you improve rapidly.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1