IGNORED

Wahlquist Family

Babyshark

Hey guys I’m new here and loving the community! I just rediscovered the Wahlquist family’s blog (connected to the boring 11smiths and Ehlinger’s) and it appears that they have completely left their standards in the dust... does anybody remeber them? They have several single sons

Welcome to Free Jinger @Babyshark

Ah yes, the intermarrying Wahlquist-Ehlingers, and the daughter named Elisha. https://untaintedbytheworld.wordpress.com/

I haven't followed them for ages but I think they come up in the unmarried Fundie and baby watch threads when relevant.

What makes you think they have left their standards in the dust?  Are they actually getting tainted by the world?  Please spill the beans. :)

Yeah they used to practically wear cape dresses but now the daughter Deborah seems to dress like a slut and the mom still wears skirts... rebellious much? The daughter also runs the family blog valkommenestate.blogspot.com

I heard that all of the unmarried kids aren’t virgins anymore as well...

2 hours ago, Babyshark said:

Yeah they used to practically wear cape dresses but now the daughter Deborah seems to dress like a slut and the mom still wears skirts... rebellious much? The daughter also runs the family blog valkommenestate.blogspot.com

I'm not sure why you're saying this like it's a bad thing. Then again, I disagree with "purity culture" and slut-shaming. I didn't have time to look at very many pictures on the blog, but the only thing I saw the daughter wearing was jeans with rips in them. (You must find public high school very "slutty" if that offends you. :roll: ) And if she is rebelling against her family's dress code, why is that bad?

Slut? What the ever loving hell?

So, a family of non virgins who eat a lot of junk food.   My kind of people!!!!

2 hours ago, Howl said:

That's a lot of skinny men for a family that seems to eat a lot. 

Shit, husband and sons eat like weightlifters or football players and ain't a one of 'em got an extra ounce of meat on their bones

I don’t agree with slut-shaming Deborah (she can wear what she likes as far as I’m concerned) but I’ve got to admit, I do find her a bit annoying. She writes the family blog like a bored 13-year-old - it really went downhill when she took it over from Elisha.

I had noticed that the Wahlquists have mostly moved away from frumpers, but they’re hardly unique in that. Most of their friends the 11Smiths have, too, as well as many other fundie families followed by FJ.

By the way, for those not in the know, I’m pretty sure three Wahlquist siblings married three Ehlinger siblings. They rival the S’mortons in that respect!

I'm not familiar with the Wahlquists (and Ehlingers), but want to remind everyone that:  

We do not speculate about minors or adult children in these families who are still living at home.

If one or more of the individuals in this family are minors or unmarried adults still living at home, do NOT make speculative comments or spread bullshit rumors about them. 

15 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm not sure why you're saying this like it's a bad thing. Then again, I disagree with "purity culture" and slut-shaming. I didn't have time to look at very many pictures on the blog, but the only thing I saw the daughter wearing was jeans with rips in them. (You must find public high school very "slutty" if that offends you. :roll: ) And if she is rebelling against her family's dress code, why is that bad?

I was just commenting on the fact that their family has left the fundies behind 

27 minutes ago, Babyshark said:

I was just commenting on the fact that their family has left the fundies behind 

Wearing pants isn't a sign they aren't fundie. Frumper fundies have fallen out of fashion in the fundie world. Just look at the Bates and Duggars. Some of them wear pants/shorts and are still fundie as hell. 

And exactly why do you say the daughter dresses like a slut?

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Wearing pants isn't a sign they aren't fundie. Frumper fundies have fallen out of fashion in the fundie world. Just look at the Bates and Duggars. Some of them wear pants/shorts and are still fundie as hell. 

And exactly why do you say the daughter dresses like a slut?

Check out @sspam_bruhh her second insta account 

14 minutes ago, Babyshark said:

Check out [redacted] her second insta account 

I have to ask, what is your interest in this family or in this person in particular? I found this public account, and she looks and posts exactly like every other teenage girl I know including my daughter. There's nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, Babyshark said:

Check out @sspam_bruhh her second insta account 

Checked it out still don't understand why you think she dresses like a slut. 

I will warn people that if you go through their blog you will find a picture of a garbage can full of deer heads. So be prepared. 

It’s almost as if @Babyshark is our newest sock/troll/troublemaker:  say something obnoxious, don’t support statements, piss people off....the next step is to disappear. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

It’s almost as if @Babyshark is our newest sock/troll/troublemaker:  say something obnoxious, don’t support statements, piss people off....the next step is to disappear. 

Not trying to make trouble but I have been judged by many of the fundys that are now doing the same things that they judged me for

Any advice?

10 minutes ago, Babyshark said:

Not trying to make trouble but I have been judged by many of the fundys that are now doing the same things that they judged me for

Any advice?

Live your best life and stop giving other people the power to judge you.

I don't mean that to be flippant. If you are personally damaged by fundamentalism, then you may find some helpful posts here--there are quite a few other posters whose lives have been affected by fundie parents, spouses, churches, etc., But this isn't the place for a personal vendetta or for trying to direct shame at particular individuals for completely normal behavior. We name and shame adults who engage in criminal behavior or who harm others through manipulation or lies (see DPIAT threads for examples of this). We do not name and shame young people who are harming no one.

39 minutes ago, Babyshark said:

Any advice?

advice:  it's a cliche, but two wrongs don't make a right; stop judging the Wahlquists--discuss them, but stop judging them.  you're very new here (based on your registration date); i suggest getting to know board culture, paying attention to what is acceptable, and refraining from writing inappropriate posts.  slut-shaming is a level of inappropriate judgment that no one tolerates.  when people disagree with you, be prepared to back up your opinions and/or provide verifiable facts.  and don't resort to whining about hive minds and meanies; most of us have little patience for that.  

basically, i truly hope you're not here to stir up shit; no one wants that.  we're all adults, and we're all expected to act like adults.  everyone will disagree with someone else at some point, and that's ok as long as we don't resort to stupid behavior.  

and may i offer a belated welcome. ?  << that was meant to be an olive branch, but there's an olive in the martini....close enough.

9 minutes ago, catlady said:

advice:  it's a cliche, but two wrongs don't make a right; stop judging the Wahlquists--discuss them, but stop judging them.  you're very new here (based on your registration date); i suggest getting to know board culture, paying attention to what is acceptable, and refraining from writing inappropriate posts.  slut-shaming is a level of inappropriate judgment that no one tolerates.  when people disagree with you, be prepared to back up your opinions and/or provide verifiable facts.  and don't resort to whining about hive minds and meanies; most of us have little patience for that.  

basically, i truly hope you're not here to stir up shit; no one wants that.  we're all adults, and we're all expected to act like adults.  everyone will disagree with someone else at some point, and that's ok as long as we don't resort to stupid behavior.  

and may i offer a belated welcome. ?  << that was meant to be an olive branch, but there's an olive in the martini....close enough.

Thank you I will refrain from any more inappropriate comments

Archived