IGNORED

Bates 26: Do Not Attempt This at Home

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HurricaneBells said:

I am feeling so sad for her right now. I was coming here to say in her last instagram post, she says "Im sitting here wondering how i got so lucky with Evan" and how sad that made me that she feels like she is the one who got something she doesnt deserve. Then I saw your post. Who does this to their child... and then when she tries to escape them, they hold her back anyway. Ugh, they are assholes!

Could this just be a sentiment? I often think about how lucky I am to have found my husband. He is far from perfect but he is mine and I am truly lucky. That doesn’t mean that I feel undeserving, though. I often think about how lucky he is to have me too ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Could this just be a sentiment? I often think about how lucky I am to have found my husband. He is far from perfect but he is mine and I am truly lucky. That doesn’t mean that I feel undeserving, though. I often think about how lucky he is to have me too ?

Well thats exactly what was missing - I am lucky BUT SO IS HE. It was "Yes, that’s my man looking like the front page of a magazine ? then there’s me with my mouth open trying to wrap my mind around how I got so lucky". It was only a passing thought until FG wrote more about her. I dont know, maybe i have it wrong and to be truthful i cannot stand Evan so am biased

image.png

Edited by HurricaneBells
eta correct words
  • Upvote 1

I'm actually just surprised she says "lucky" like a secular person and not the seemingly preferred "blessed."  

I get the sentiment that you don't deserve your partner---my husband gets so much joy out of making me happy that I often wonder how I could deserve that. Since I'm pretty selfish in comparison, I'm not really sure what I bring to our relationship besides being totally in love with him. But that's enough to make him pretty happy, apparently. 

But I haven't been told my whole life that I deserve to burn in hell and my only worth comes through Jesus' grace, so do think Carlin's background makes any talk of being undeserving pretty different. 

On a different note, she must have been so annoying constantly trying to witness to her siblings who couldn't get away. 

• Upvote 11

20 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Well thats exactly what was missing - I am lucky BUT SO IS HE. It was "Yes, that’s my man looking like the front page of a magazine ? then there’s me with my mouth open trying to wrap my mind around how I got so lucky". It was only a passing thought until FG wrote more about her. I dont know, maybe i have it wrong and to be truthful i cannot stand Evan so am biased

image.png

I must have missed the announcement of a new magazine, "Douchebags Quarterly". That's the only magazine I could see him fronting.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

Thanks for posting @Meghann!

Feminine and stylish clothing is the tag on the sisters' boutique. No mention of modest dress. Intriguing. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Also, I wonder if the sisters are owners of the store. That would be huge.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Thanks for posting @Meghann!

Feminine and stylish clothing is the tag on the sisters' boutique. No mention of modest dress. Intriguing. It will be interesting to see where this goes. Also, I wonder if the sisters are owners of the store. That would be huge.

Let’s just hope that Taryn doesn’t also photograph the clothing

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 9

@LegHumperBibleThumper ?? that gloss is the worsr kind of horrendous. I wish someone would encourage her to stop using it. Some of the Bates seem to love it. I can't understand why. Their photos are starting to look overdeveloped. Smh.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Well, good for them for opening a business. I'm always happy to see these women who were raised to be stay-at-home daughters, and then wives and mothers, branch out and make their own money. It's definitely good for them to see that they don't need a man for everything in their life, and it's a good example for their children. A boutique seems like a pretty innocuous way for them to earn money and (hopefully) gain a little bit of independence, so I'm all for it. Because as much as I want to cheer them on for branching out, the world does not need more inept, poorly qualified midwives a la Jill Dillard or MAGA-supporting police officers a la Jessica Seewald.

That said, they should really stop using Taryn as their photographer. She is HORRIBLE.  And here's another tip: Make sure your website is ready before you try to launch. It currently just says "Coming Soon. This website is currently in development! Please check back soon." Not a great first impression for potential customers.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

I don't mind a coming soon website as long as it has a launch date or countdown ticker. Helps to know when to check back.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I must have missed the announcement of a new magazine, "Douchebags Quarterly". That's the only magazine I could see him fronting.

A blizzard of fundy manliness!  image.png.fd9d4a25b53fcffadc5a11863a83a8b8.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

I wonder if its going to be an online store only or will they have a physical one like the one cousin Amy has. If its the later then i guess Carlin is not moving to Nashville after the wedding.

I think they would be more successful as an online store. They have a big fan base all over the country so they would be crazy not to focus there. And I don't think that a physical store will then add that much extra.

Unless they count on people coming in for a 'meet&greet' and then selling stuff to them.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Snooki opened a physical store but I don't think it's very successful tbh. I don't see many people posting about buying the clothing and there's always a sale. Not a good sign when every week there's a sale on new stuff. They would be better off online only.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Mrs.Right said:

The editing crap their photographer uses hurts my eyes! 

I got blinded by their teeth too.......

Wow, poor Carlin. I never much cared for her but she is obviously a very pretty, bubbly girl with lots of personality. I don't want to know what they taught her growing up that made her feel so worthless. These fundies are damn lucky none of their kids committed suicide.

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Snooki opened a physical store but I don't think it's very successful tbh. I don't see many people posting about buying the clothing and there's always a sale. Not a good sign when every week there's a sale on new stuff. They would be better off online only.

Wow....shows how much I pay attention to that stuff.... that's in my 'hood' :pb_lol: 

I am so sick of the damn blurring of people's faces. Snapchat does it, and a few of my friends over 40 are constantly posting pics of themselves using some dumb anti-wrinkle app. A plastic surgeon calls it "snapchat dysphoria" and said people are actually getting surgery to make their faces look more waxy and smooth. Those girls are young!  And they are all lovely all on their own. No one should feel the need to alter their faces, especially young women.

• Upvote 7

On 3/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, Meghann said:

I'm just happy Erin found something to wear other than horizontal stripes. After three kids, her body isn't ready for those stripes yet. I say that as someone who can't and doesn't wear them either. 

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 8
  • WTF 3

14 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I'm just happy Erin found something to wear other than horizontal stripes. After three kids, her body isn't ready for those stripes yet. I say that as someone who can't and doesn't wear them either. 

If you want to wear horizontal stripes, wear horizontal stripes. F**k that noise telling you not to

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

If you want to wear horizontal stripes, wear horizontal stripes. F**k that noise telling you not to

I don't want to because I find them horrible looking. I admire her for not caring and liking them. 

That said, this style was more flattering for her in both the print and the color. 

I still don't understand how they think this soft glow looks good. They have to see other IG photos that DON'T do this, right?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 3/18/2019 at 6:04 PM, Meghann said:

Interesting choice of "Bates Sisters" starting this boutique, as Whitney's about to be the only "Bates" in the group and she's the one who married in not out. (Which is absolutely NOT to say she doesn't qualify as a sister, and the naming is clearly playing off the publicity of being "Bateses", but it just strikes me as slightly odd.)

I mean, good for them if they're really getting something going, given the weirdness of their cult's approach to women. Although Whitney does have her Realtor stuff, so she's not totally unemployed right now, and Erin's taught piano (though whether she's still teaching is still undetermined, but she's definitely still recording, so good for her), and this gives Carlin something to do too. So hopefully they are able to do something decent with this and get a little more flexibility WITHOUT it being all MLM junk. But we'll see. 

Get that Taryn Yaeger soft glow and all of your  blemishes and literally half of your face will disappear!

Spoiler

6C79E4AC-6924-4679-AAE9-2C430565D187.thumb.png.414cf0a41909dcdbea7f3cf29c5a8844.png

Spoiler

1181917A-F0EB-4CD0-A599-C9D8606EECBC.thumb.png.f3db17b2c0ab1f43c2c467b26d5bd9ce.png

Spoiler

B8BDA27C-9748-4B27-81AD-2043819FC3F0.thumb.png.59aa5bed2c1f513719bf21aff2164f58.png

• Haha 9

• Georgiana locked this topic