IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

Poor Elizabeth. Looking at that and knowing that not long ago she looked healthy is just heartbreaking. Gwen is never going to accept that Elizabeth needs help. 

Today it is more "happies" from Gwen. God might give you cash if you follow Gwen's rules. Or you if you don't get cash just know that you are still getting a "happy" just it is a subtle one. 

God knows things that only you and He would know about—personal, secret, extremely special, private things. God knows the things that personally get our attention and that help us find Him and help us to see His involvement in our lives. I am convinced that God does care about our smallest victories over food, lusts, pride, etc.

As you can see, God rescued you out of Egypt, away from the horrible taskmaster/slave master called food; then He took you to the abandoned desert where it was hot and dry. The definition of the Desert of Testing is a place that provides nothing, meaning that you must look to God, trust in God… you need food, so He sends manna and quail from Heaven; you need guidance, so He sends Moses and the cloud by day and the fire by night; you need water, so He takes you to the Oasis. The Desert of Testing is not a place of constant misery, but rather an adventure with God, who has the best personality of all. Every day I still wake up and think, “O God, what neat thing are you going to show me today?” And I go to sleep thanking Him for another fun or fascinating day. A journey with God will be a trip you will remember for the rest of your life. Do you want to know what is even more incredible? You do not have to wait until the end of the journey to feel God’s love and rewards. He is just waiting for the chance to indulge and bless you. If you will obey, then He will acknowledge that. How? With jewels or happies! Every time you pass a test, you will get a jewel. Some jewels are subtle; it could be just the peace of being in His will. Some are extravagant, like gifts of cash from an unexpected source or an unexpected and long-awaited pregnancy. Jewels range from having more energy, wearing smaller clothes, and eating regular foods, to experiencing freedom and a real spiritual awakening.

• Thank You 7

Every time you pass a test, you will get a jewel. Some jewels are subtle; it could be just the peace of being in His will. Some are extravagant, like gifts of cash from an unexpected source or an unexpected and long-awaited pregnancy. Jewels range from having more energy, wearing smaller clothes, and eating regular foods, to experiencing freedom and a real spiritual awakening. 

What rubbish.... plenty of people who never passed any of your tests have cash or get pregnant. And if your whole being is focused on fitting in tiny clothing it's not proof that you're more spiritual, you're just obsessed with looks like so many of us sinners.

Public Service Announcement: If you're a stick insect in Gwen's cult and you  have trouble getting pregnant, you could try eating more. Starving yourself may make it more difficult to conceive.

• Upvote 14

Regarding that recent picture of Elizabeth -- my heart aches over it. She is the living embodiment of cachexia -- you shouldn't be able to see her ribs through her shirt. Even though she has been, intentionally or not, photographed presenting from the side of her face vs. head on recently, the temporal wasting is still visible. Sadly, I don't see an event as tragic or as inevitable as her early death being enough to get Gwen and her lemmings to wake the f---- up and stop their worship of body image. Following this cult is truly watching a train wreck in progress.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 6

Good grief, Elizabeth's torso is just a smidge larger than her head.   I would not be surprised if she develops or already has cardiac issues.

Damn Gwen.  That's all I can say---

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

God rescued you out of Egypt, away from the horrible taskmaster/slave master called food

Just say no (to manna)!  Thus sayeth Gwod.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

Recent picture of Elizabeth, taken in February. 

CAC66634-F80B-44E9-B997-0A10E4C6BD4A.jpeg

This is why she wears baggier types of clothing. Because if she wears tighter clothing, everyone can see how thin she is. It’s not the only reason though. It’s pretty likely she wears a lot of layers because she’s cold. When you have little body fat, you’re cold a lot more than people with more body fat. Plus I would guess that even a size extra small isn’t actually tight on her. She could easily share clothing with her oldest daughter. I hate that Gwen has done this to her and I hate that her husband enables it. Those two are the ones who should be helping her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

That pictured compared to the one she posted in December you can see Elizabeth is noticeable sicker looking. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Remnant actually has a stance on anorexia nervosa.

This cult's goal is to do all the weird things they think god wants them to do in all areas of their life, which includes eating when god wants them to eat and not eating when god doesn't want them to eat.  They interpret what god wants them to do through various means.  Some of these mean are voodoo-esque (flopping open their bible to a random verse and whatever the verse says is what god is telling them to do at that moment in time), some of the means of interpreting god's will prey on their members' need to make their lives feel less mundane (interpreting random daily occurrences like a common bird outside their window or a common fly being near their food as a "sign" from god with instructions telling them what to do), and some of these means poorly co-opt scientific knowledge in an attempt to lend credence to the craziness (trying to eat only when physiologically hungry according to some sort of "natural law" of stomach growling).  

Even if Elizabeth experiences any medical complications from being underweight, it is unlikely to cause Gwod any pause, doubt, or introspection.  Gwod and Remnant's official stance on anorexia has always been that it is just as much of a sin as overeating.  It is sinful greed for food to eat when god hasn't signaled that it is okay for you to eat by making your stomach growl.  God, not you, is supposed to be in control of when you eat a bite of food.  Correspondingly, it is sinful overcontrol of your own life if you purposefully withhold food from your body when god wants you to give your body food. This doesn't apply to waiting a few hours so that you hunger can line up with a family meal or whatever, but it applies to purposefully not eating when hungry to try to lose weight or feel control over food, because again, god, not you, is supposed to be in control of when you eat.

A few anorexics have found their way to Weigh Down/Remnant over the years, and they have been told that their anorexia is a sin and that they need to eat when their stomach growls.  Anorexia nervosa is a serious condition and I doubt it helped the anorexics to be told they were going to hell, so we can probably add them to the long list of people who thought they were getting helped by Gwod but were actually harmed.  It certainly is fair to criticize Gwod's teachings to overweight people as pro-ana, particularly stealing the pro-ana phrase "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels." But I feel confident that Gwod would view Elizabeth or another Remnant member developing anorexia nervosa as a failure of that individual to obey god rather than as an intrinsically problematic component of her preaching that could open her up to any blame or liability.  Because obviously god's message is perfect and, as god's messenger, everything that Gwod says is what god wants her to say, so how could she be at fault?

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 8

Gwod always likes to have things both ways.  She wants to say pro-ana things but then blame her followers for sinning if they develop anorexia nervosa.  She wants to cash in on scientific credibility with her Dietician degree, but then ignore scientists who study fossils or who collect evidence that contradicts the bible's mythical version of events.

The stomach growl is a hilarious example of Gwod oversimplifying science when it suits her needs.  She teachers her members that if their body is truly physiologically hungry that their stomach will growl.  This is supposedly some sort of natural law that god gives humans so that they know when they are supposed to eat.  Disobeying this natural law is a sin.  In Gwod's teachings, animals supposedly never disobey this natural law and become fat, or if they do, god supposedly has told them to become fat.

The muscles that line the gastrointestinal tract contract in waves called peristalsis which propels the fluid and gas inside the gastrointestinal tract forwards.  Sometimes as the fluid and gas is being squeezed along, it causes a noise, called a borborygmus.  

Any dietician (at least, any dietician who has not spent the last 32 years oversimplifying science in order to get rich, ruining the lives of thousands of families, and defending child murderers who beat their child in the head and then neglected him in a locked wooden box while he died) can tell you that not all borborygmi occur in the stomach and not all borborygmi have anything to do with hunger.  Yes, you can experience a "growl" when you are hungry, but you can also experience them after you've eaten, or really at any time at all, and most of the time the sound isn't coming from the stomach.  A doctor listening to a quadrant of your abdomen with a stethoscope should be able to hear a borborygmus within 5 minutes, often within only a few seconds of listening.  So when you happen to hear a growl without a stethoscope, it frequently has more to do with chance or being in a quiet environment than it has to do with appetite.  Growls can also be more common in certain diseases.  They are also more common with high-fiber foods (does this play into Remnant's love of junk food?).

But the most hilarious way Gwod is wrong about stomach growls is this: one of the easiest ways to make your stomach growl is by taking lots of small sips of, say, a liquid that contains a lot of dissolved gas...like...hmm...a Diet Coke, for instance? Not to mention the ways artificial sweeteners interact with the leptin/ghrelin system which Gwod's education is too outdated to cover.

So basically Gwod has been telling her followers that they are sinning and will go to hell if they eat without hearing a stomach growl, according to her pseudoscientific natural law.  But 1) many of them are hearing growls that aren't coming from their stomach and are therefore eating when they aren't physiologically hungry despite waiting to hear a growl, 2) the artificial sweeteners in all the Diet Coke may be messing with their appetite hormones, making them feel hungrier than they actually are (the body of scientific literature in this area is still developing, but it is a possibility) and therefore the Diet Coke is actually making them sin by eating too soon, and 3) the Diet Coke is adding a lot of gas into their gastrointestinal tract, which will increase their chances of hearing growls sooner than they would otherwise, and again, causing them to sin by eating before they are physiologically hungry. 

Gwod might actually be one of the biggest causes of "sin" in the Remnant.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

Not too long ago, I walked past the Ocean Way building on Music Row in Nashville, which is a former church of Tony Alamo, another cult leader who made his fortune in the area.  This got me reflecting on what will happen when Gwen decides to retire.

When Gwod is eventually called to the empty buffet table in the sky, will Elizabeth take over leadership?  Does she have the charisma (aka bullshit ability), etc., to take over for her mother or is someone else being groomed?  I think that because it's such a personality-based cult, that eventually the members will scatter, but I really don't know anything about Elizabeth's ability to stay the course (or compel others to stay in the cult).  Just curious if anyone has insight. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

This got me reflecting on what will happen when Gwen decides to retire.

Gwen will never die. She is a lizard person.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

That picture of Elizabeth is horrifying.  She looked pretty bad before, but now she looks even worse.  Her hair looks very unhealthy, which is a really bad sign I think.  Her skin is so thin and looks brittle.  She really looks like she's barely alive.  This is really bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6

On 3/3/2019 at 6:34 PM, Fashion Forward said:

IMG_5709.jpg

Elizabeth. Never Looks. Happy. This is as close as she gets, and still, there is no genuine smile in those eyes. Lifeless. Stoic. Haunting.

(Goes back into the prayer closet.)

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

21 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

Recent picture of Elizabeth, taken in February. 

CAC66634-F80B-44E9-B997-0A10E4C6BD4A.jpeg

WHERE IS HUSBAND?  Is his goal to be a widower?  

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I know. Gwen is the head of a cult. She won’t do shit to help her daughter. But her husband has no excuse. Sure he’s in the cult but he has to see that she’s much thinner than when they married. He can’t be completely blind. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

So Gwen's whole thing about being poor as a child and having food insecurity doesn't match today's post where she says children don't worry about food or finances. There was a time when I was a child when the place my dad worked closed and my mom was the only one working. They didn't try to burden us with financial problems but we all knew that money was tight and worried about having enough money. We knew when we went to the grocery store we couldn't buy food like we used to because money was tight. There were no treats, when Easter came we knew not to even ask for new Easter clothing. Luckily it didn't last for a long time, but children whose parents are struggling financially absolutely worry about finances and food. And it isn't a sin for a child to do that like Gwen is saying. Gwen would understand this if she had really been raised in poverty like she claimed. 

Notice that Scripture says, “without faith it is impossible to please God.” Hebrews 11:6 Do not complain or crave more or cry for the food like the Israelites did.

Psalm 78:14-22 says:
He guided them with the cloud by day and with light from the fire all night. He split the rocks in the desert and gave them water as abundant as the seas; he brought streams out of a rocky crag and made water flow down like rivers. But they continued to sin against him, rebelling in the desert against the Most High. They willfully put God to the test by demanding the food they craved. They spoke against God, saying, “Can God spread a table in the desert? When he struck the rock, water gushed out, and streams flowed abundantly. But can he also give us food? Can he supply meat for his people?” When the Lord heard them, he was very angry; his fire broke out against Jacob, and his wrath rose against Israel, for they did not believe in God or trust in his deliverance.

Belief and Trust are huge compliments to God. They glorify God. To glorify God simply means “to reveal God’s true character.” The opposite of glorifying God is to slander His reputation.

Do you remember as a child letting your parents worry about the finances, the rent, the electric bill, the food on the table, etc? Your job was to wake up, be happy, and play outside… not to worry about when or how you were going to get the food, the energy, the funding, the sleep, the work done. A child who worries dis-glorifies the parent. Jesus said that we could not enter the Kingdom of God if we did not become like a little child. Therefore, our life should reflect belief in God and trust of His deliverance. All worries I give to God as I simply obey in all things. With faith, belief, and trust, the burdens of life are lifted off your shoulders—you can be the child again. Why does God want this? Because it builds an interactive relationship with the Heavens until He is all in all, everywhere and in everything—His goal and our purpose.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Your job was to wake up, be happy, and play outside… not to worry about when or how you were going to get the food, the energy, the funding, the sleep, the work done. A child who worries dis-glorifies the parent.

Seems to me that children at RF have a very serious worry. Be so good all day that you won't get disciplined. Be so good all day that Gwod won't have to get involved. She's kind of a fun-sucker. 

• Upvote 9

A child who worries dis-glorifies the parent. 

Children With  Human Feelings: A  Threat Or An Opportunity 

A parent who is concerned about their child "glorifying" them already failed as a parent. A parent who would disparage their children's worry already failed as a parent. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

I just went through KFC and got a 5 Dollar Fill Up.  Chew on THAT, Gwod! :562479a7d0aec_Thingsaregrandinthemiddlefinger:

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

https://www.facebook.com/GwenShamblinLara/

So today's live video on FB Joe is not on, however he does call in and she puts him on speaker phone and the do it like that for awhile(which was very irritating). He apparently had important "pilot" stuff to do. But him speaking about weightloss when it seems like he's never had a weight problem is kind of insulting. About 18 minutes in(no I did not listen to the whole thing) a lady asked the question about what to do if she gets lightheaded and she doesn't have time to lie down. Gwod tells her to call back next week to tell her how long it is between the lightheadedness and the growl and to start writing it down. I swear she makes this shit up on the fly. And should I be worried about a bunch of lightheaded, non-eating, Gwod worshipers driving around about to pass out at the wheel?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 7

If you get light headed, perhaps it's God's way of telling you you should eat something. I have heard Gwen say that God is creative, so he may have several ways to communicate. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I have had to step away from this thread lately because I am having some issues with food and GI stuff. Psychological issues are always mixed in. Gwen is unique in her triggers.

That photo makes me so angry. She is abusive. Cult leaders are abusive. This is a particularly sick form.

That's all.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 6

Elisabeth looks dangerously underweight. She looks so small that I remember a year ago, confusing her oldest daughter being her mom and Elisabeth being a child for a moment. She has gotten even skinnier. 

Elisabeth needs to get help so she can be around for her 4 children. Her cheeks are hollow and sunken in. She's also a youth leader of teenage girls and who knows if teenage girls are being influenced by her dangerously skinny appearance? She's a role model to teenage girls who are statistically at risk of developing eating disorders... Elisabeth also looks as if she's lost a lot of hair. Her hair used to look thicker and healthier.

I was worried when Elisabeth was on video at the church on stage bragging about losing 30 lbs after her pregnancy and looked extremely thin.

Someone needs to step in, even if it's only to take her to a primary care physician for an annual check-up...  I wonder if Elisabeth ever sees a doctor? A doctor would chastise her for getting this skinny (I know that because it's happened to me). Elisabeth needs to put on at least 15 lbs and she'd still be skinny but not near death. She is probably vitamin deficient and she could end up with osteoporosis or worse. She’s probably very weak and tired. She deserves to have a better quality of life and to do everything in her power to be healthy for her 4 young children.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, SJWaterford said:

image.thumb.png.cc63fadb916128b5a4709c12e08e355f.png

I could only tell that was Gwen by looking at the eyes. Personally, I believe Gwen has had a lot of cosmetic surgeries. Also, I think Tarzan gets a lot of botox which gives him a "frozen surprised" appearance. It does not shock me that a former male model & actor, who made a living based on his looks and was valued in an industry only because of what he looked liked, would get involved with Gwen’s group. 

Does Gwen love diet coke because it has caffeine in it? Caffeine, being a stimulant, is an appetite suppressant. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 3/10/2019 at 8:32 PM, Tatar-tot said:

I keep looking at her picture, it's like looking at a skull...you can see her effing skull ???

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Omg. Elizabeth looks... I have no words. It’s unbelievable.

And extra omg at that high school photo of Gwen!! NORMAL HAIR!!! I do recognise that smile actually, where one eye is partly closed. I’ve seen her do it in other photos. 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic