IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder if at any point she actually understood proper nutrition? By now her whole diet system is about justifying what she likes, but I wonder if in the beginning she actually wasn't so extreme. She did look healthier back then. 

She may have understood, but scientific knowledge is always evolving as new discoveries are made.  A few years back, transfats were being touted by reputable scientific agencies as a safe alternative to fats and that turned out not to be true.  Gwen strikes me as someone who will never admit that she is wrong, so if she got her educational credentials based on information/facts that are now proven wrong, she will not admit it.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder if at any point she actually understood proper nutrition? By now her whole diet system is about justifying what she likes, but I wonder if in the beginning she actually wasn't so extreme. She did look healthier back then. 

I've wondered the same thing. The basics of what WD started as make sense... eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full... don't eat because you're bored or mad or sad, etc... 

Don't get me wrong... contrary to what her follows want to believe, she was NOT the first or the only person giving that advice... but it seemed relatively sane.

It's morphed into food being the enemy, eating one bite past full being sin, and Gwen herself being the direct line to God. Not to mention the way she's destroyed the Gospel since opening RF...

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

How to tell you have an unhealthy relationship with food: you get high on losing weight and think it's God

Screenshot_20190503-170955.thumb.jpg.46b2b32d881a9133476649952d4d0c25.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 14

Gwen is still harping on how junk food gives you all the nutrition you need. Eat bacon and eggs each day and you will feel great  She claims in the past people ate bacon and eggs each morning. That does not match up with what my parents or my grandparents told me about their diets. Both my grandparent and my parents grew up growing and preserving a good bit of their foods. They were hardly drinking diet coke and eating chips.  But who am I do doubt Gwod?

Just as God programmed animals to like different foods, God has programmed the human, and He miraculously coordinated hunger and taste buds and fullness and thirst. The detail that He has gone to should assure you. For example, some proteins do not have all the amino acids that are needed by the body when building new cells. However, God made protein complements where one food would have ample amino acids of what the other protein food source was missing. Peanuts and wheat are protein complements, which is just a peanut butter sandwich. Also, rice and beans are protein complements, which is a typical Mexican dish. All milk, cheese, meat, and egg sources are complete proteins, and you need surprisingly less protein each day than you might expect once you are grown. God has bigger, more eternal things He wants us to study and contemplate. The fear of missing a nutrient is counterproductive and has led to many damaging excesses so that the average American is not living longer than the previous generation. For the first time in many years, the children are expected to live a shorter time than their parents. Keep in mind, modern nutrition is a relatively young science, and people have been living long lives without this modern obsession.

In a capitalistic country, sales gurus capitalize on people’s fears, so it is to their advantage to keep the health fears going. The government has been warning the lay consumer for years that health food stores and the aisles that sell you health foods at the grocery store will sell you food chemicals that your body already manufactures. One common example of this is “lecithin,” a chemical that is part of the makeup of your cells. You do not need to eat lecithin—it is produced by your liver. You are eating useless calories and wasting wealth. Neither your grandparents nor any generation before you ever visited the health food store—yet so many have lived out full lives never worrying about the bacon and eggs they had for breakfast every day.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

sales gurus capitalize on people’s fears

Really?!?  It's a good thing Gwod isn't shilling anything...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

As if selling junk food isn't a profitable industry, trying to capitalize on your cravings.

Anyway, my grandma was a regular customer  at health food stores. She is long dead now so that proves health food stores are bad for you.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

How to tell you have an unhealthy relationship with food: you get high on losing weight and think it's God

I’ve lost 29lbs since December. I have never felt high about it. That sounds weird af. Have I been glad or felt accomplished. Sure. But high? Umm no. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Is that her version of “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”?

• Upvote 7

I’ve thought about it a little bit and now I have decided that if you are completely obsessed with food and weight like Gwen, you probably do feel high when you lose weight. Which is scary. Because doesn’t that mean you will keep chasing that same high until you are skin and bones and close to death?

• Upvote 17

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because doesn’t that mean you will keep chasing that same high until you are skin and bones and close to death?

Which is one of the reasons why Gwen continues to look skinnier and more unhealthy each year. That and her diet of junk food. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Which is one of the reasons why Gwen continues to look skinnier and more unhealthy each year. That and her diet of junk food. 

Anyone who has lost weight can tell you that you may get some sort of good feeling from people complementing you on your weight loss. I lost a lot of weight as a teen and I hated the complements. They made me incredibly uncomfortable. But I had friends who lost weight that loved the endles complements. But there’s a point when the complements stop. Because you are now at a good body weight or your goal body weight. People who got used to the constant stream of complements may have a hard time dealing with their absence. The person has a few choices. They can deal with the fact that they will no longer receive that outside validation and will have to find validation from the inside from now on. They might gain the weight back. Or they might go the opposite way and keep losing weight looking for that validation they crave. 

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anyone who has lost weight can tell you that you may get some sort of good feeling from people complementing you on your weight loss. I lost a lot of weight as a teen and I hated the complements. They made me incredibly uncomfortable. 

Same. At one point I was down to wearing a size 6 or so (from a 20) and while I loved being that size, I hated people going "Oh, you look so good!" like I looked awful before. My sister was down to a size 2 and now has gained it all back, and she used to get that all the time, but the fact is she looked 10 years older when she was skinny. I'd love to be down to a smaller size, for a lot of reasons, but not because I look terrible now. I don't. I look like me. I'm just fat. 

I don't remember feeling "high" from losing weight. I remember feeling accomplished, enjoying being able to shop more easily, and feeling a little more self assured. I also felt crazy dizzy every morning when I woke up (and occasionally other times through the day), and had to sit still for a good 2-3 minutes to let the room stop spinning. But hey, I was "healthier" because I wasn't "fat".

• Love 8

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Same. At one point I was down to wearing a size 6 or so (from a 20) and while I loved being that size, I hated people going "Oh, you look so good!" like I looked awful before. My sister was down to a size 2 and now has gained it all back, and she used to get that all the time, but the fact is she looked 10 years older when she was skinny. I'd love to be down to a smaller size, for a lot of reasons, but not because I look terrible now. I don't. I look like me. I'm just fat. 

I don't remember feeling "high" from losing weight. I remember feeling accomplished, enjoying being able to shop more easily, and feeling a little more self assured. I also felt crazy dizzy every morning when I woke up (and occasionally other times through the day), and had to sit still for a good 2-3 minutes to let the room stop spinning. But hey, I was "healthier" because I wasn't "fat".

It was hard not to feel bitter toward guys who used to completely ignore you, and then suddenly started hitting on you after losing some weight. I never gave them the time of day. Thankfully my husband loves me no matter my size. He just wants me to be happy with myself. No matter what size that means. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 6

What we learn from today's devotional:

1.  there must be God because Gwen finds biology confusing

2. she has spent several hours reading books

Spoiler

Our bodies are wonderfully made, and the body instantly knows when something is wrong, from something as small as a paper cut to a broken bone, and it instantly goes to work to heal itself. How God, from just two cells, can reproduce another human where brain, eyes, ears, digestion and absorption, and communication all work is mind-boggling. Each cell is so incredibly complex that scientists have not been able to create life from scratch. The chemical reactions are so complicated that, even though we can carry out each of those chemical reactions in a test tube, we cannot get them all to work in a synthetically built cell. Even with all the wealth of information that we have discovered, most of the processes of the body cannot be functionally duplicated. This knowledge only represents a fraction of the information. Indeed, the Creator is way beyond genius as we know it. To be given life is so marvelous, and then to be allowed to have children is even more wonderful. The study of just the two functions of digestion and absorption is astounding! Spending hours with the books brought me to one major conclusion: there is a Creator who is beyond intelligent and worthy of praise and adoration!

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

itself. How God, from just two cells, can reproduce another human where brain, eyes, ears, digestion and absorption, and communication all work is mind-boggling. Each cell is so incredibly complex that scientists have not been able to create life from scratch. T

I get insanely angry when she twists truth like this..... Gwen, please go back and re-read Genesis 1. This is NOT an accurate recounting of the creation story AT ALL. The real story says that HE created everything and called it good. And then He created humans and said this is VERY VERY good. I don’t disagree that God is amazing. But your writings are what are truly mind-boggling ?

18 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

To be given life is so marvelous, and then to be allowed to have children is even more wonderful.

Again miss Gwen can you please go back and re-read Genesis 3. You might want to pay special attention to verse 16.  

Also as long as you have your Bible open miss Gwen you might want to take a look at Matthew 18:6 “And do not lead astray one of the weak and friendless who believes in Me. If you do, it would be better for you to be dragged down with a millstone and drowned in the bottom of the sea.”

If  you are going to use  the Bible to back up your $h1t then you might want to reconsider how you are “interpreting” it and “teaching” from it. 

• Upvote 6

For Sunday, we have a devotional that doesn't even mention God.  Gwen doesn't even pretend anymore.

Spoiler

Our bodies digest (break down) the food into tiny molecules or units—primarily “glucose,” the sugar that is the food for each cell in the body. A portion of these digested/broken-down molecular food units can cross the intestinal cell wall if there is a specific carrier and go through a separate circulating system. Simply put, your breakfast, lunch, and supper are broken down and then sent to the liver. The liver is a large, silent, and painless organ that converts your carbohydrates, proteins, and fats primarily into glucose for fuel, some protein as needed, and into fats if you have overeaten. This fat (triglycerides) is transported to storage spots in the body.

The food you eat is simply chemicals—primarily molecules of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins—which are made up of carbons, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. After you swallow the food, it is shredded and broken apart by the acid in the stomach. It moves in small amounts to the small intestine, where digestive juices—which are produced in the pancreas, gallbladder, and cell walls of the small intestine—are used to break down the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into even smaller units. These units are moved across the intestinal walls and to the liver—a process taking anywhere from five to twenty minutes. Dietary fats (also called triglycerides) do not go directly to the liver. After crossing the intestinal wall, they take a longer trip, slowly moving between the body’s cells in a space called the lymphatic system. Triglycerides will slowly drip into the regular bloodstream through the various ducts connected to the watery circulating system, and then finally circulate to the liver. This route can take up to 13 hours. The slow entry keeps the blood sugar stabilized as the liver slowly converts the fat into the usable glucose units. If you eat a meal that is primarily carbohydrates, you will be hungry sooner. If you add fats, it will help you go longer before you feel hungry again.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

For Sunday, we have a devotional that doesn't even mention God. 

It sounds like Gwen got out one of her old biology textbooks for this one.  While she's talking science, I hope she'll explain the engineering feat that is her hair.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The liver is a large, silent, and painless organ 

Silent? She makes the liver sound ominous. Large and silent, lurking in the dark, ready to turn on you if you eat too much fat. Gwen is so weird.

Her attempt to sound like an expert is cringeworthy. She's spouting basic biological and digestion processes that are common knowledge and can be found with a simple google search. Gwen's using her devotionals as nothing more than pushback to FJ's negative views on RF. Her degree was questioned and we get bio lessons. Where is God? Where is the encouragement? If I belonged to RF I would be terribly confused. 

• Upvote 13

Well just bless her little starving heart. She is trying hard to be all sciency but it just sounds like she is copying something from a book that she really doesn't understand. If that was her attempt at making it sound like her diet is based on science she failed. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Some deliciously awkward moments in Thursday’s Live With Gwod and Joe  — from her Destin mansion — about how the only thing that matters is real estate, I mean,  a relationships/a relationship with God.

Around the 17-minute mark, he — thinking he’s cute — uses this creepy cartoonish voice, saying he appreciates her and announcing that she’s his wife with freaky facial expressions. That he can’t in a serious voice express affection for her seems telling.

Around the 24:30-minute mark, it gets even weirder. She, desperate to look like a real loving couple, reaches for him and says they have a relationship and he — sarcastically? passive aggressively? both?— says “ Oh Boy!” with another uncomfortable expression she tries unconvincingly to laugh off.

Edited by sajetime
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

Gwen: "This is a relationship" 

Yeah, but what sort of relationship? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

They were trying super hard to make it look like they are deeply in love but it all seemed fake. Try again Gwen. It might help if Joe didn't perpetually look like he is in shock. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

God is not featured in today's devotional either.

Spoiler

Thin Eaters are healthy because the food they eat is needed for fuel and then they do not refuel until the stomach growls, which keeps just the right amount of sugar in the blood—not too much and not too little. If you overeat for years, you have overworked every organ and the pancreas is so taxed that it cannot supply enough insulin to take in the food from the binge. This throws your body into a diabetic state. Diabetes is elevated blood sugar (glucose circulating in the blood that cannot get into the cells so it stays in the bloodstream). Type II Diabetes is from overweight/obesity—all brought on oneself by eating too much. Normally, people who get Type II Diabetes are given “oral hypoglycemic agents” to stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin. If you will lose weight and eat only when you are hungry, you can correct this problem and come off of the medication gradually, under the care of your doctor.

Of course losing weight is considered beneficial if you're an obese type II diabetic but I don't usually see medical professionals recommending the junk food and starvation diet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

On 5/4/2019 at 11:37 AM, AmazonGrace said:

(quote from Gwen)

Our bodies are wonderfully made, and the body instantly knows when something is wrong, from something as small as a paper cut to a broken bone, and it instantly goes to work to heal itself.

Hmmm, I wonder how my friend's dad died of cancer a few weeks after he found out he had cancer that he had no clue he had. His body didn't heal itself. <insert all of our stories about how an aliment went un-diagnosed until it was too late or nearly too late> 

Let me guess, her answer is we aren't believing or starving ourselves enough. :pb_rollseyes: :evil-eye:

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 8

That video! So this is the first time that I sat and listened to her for a bit. “You know” and “like” OMG she is a motivational speaker? She really needs to work on stopping herself from saying “you know” and “like”. At the 16 minute mark I think she said “like” 6 times.

This video talks about sexual immorality several times and (of course) food. I wonder why she kept going on about sexual infidelity. Note - I didn’t listen to the entire thing, her voice annoys me. That super sugary, southern drawl that has an undertone of “bless your heart” with everything she says.

I need to snark on her outfit. I am not the least bit sorry about it either.  First, her dress! It looks like she is a Wild West saloon girl or a how they made up the women as sexy going to bed in the 1980s (Grease, Crissy in 3’s Company, etc.) Secondly, the stripper heals! She is wearing white stripper heals and she is a head of a “church”. WTH?

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic