IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

The French eat 4 times as much butter and 60 percent more cheese and they consume much more saturated fat, because Americans consume a much larger proportion of fat in the form of vegetable oil, with most of that being soybean oil. Thin Eaters eat more like the French, and thin people like the French live longer and have fewer heart attacks. The common denominator of superior health is not the type of fat, but rather the volume and the sensitivity to giving the body the amount of food that it calls for (neither over nor under)

Yes and no. I worked for a French food importer for many years and got to know the country and the people pretty well. Her statement that the French eat more butter and cheese than Americans is true but she leaves out context. Gwen's "common denominator" is bullshit. Generally speaking, French people get more exercise than Americans. One reason for that is they don't drive everywhere they go like many Americans do. They don't drink much soda, diet coke or otherwise. They don't eat a lot of pre packaged foods and snacking between meals isn't a national sport like here in the states. And if Gwen didn't already feel like she was in the hot seat over her drinking, she probably would have talked about the French consumption of wine and the link to fewer heart attacks.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

On 4/21/2019 at 7:36 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Unless Michael is standing behind someone, he seems conspicuous by his absence.

Has he been seen at RF lately since he gained some weight?

This happened the last time he had gained a significant amount of weight... When members have gained weight to the point that it becomes very noticeable, or the individual is considered obese (from a medical standpoint), they are asked to "take a step back" from coming to church and church events until they make significant changes, whether that be to their bodies or to their hearts.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Does Elizabeth only have that one dress? The last several occasions that Elizabeth has been photographed she is in that dress

I've heard Elizabeth say at an event that she loves that top/skirt combo and wears it often because it's practical. I've also seen her wear the lace shirt in white.

Edited by Fashion Forward
  • Thank You 5

On 4/22/2019 at 8:50 PM, OperationSunshine said:

We asked someone who was a former member: What would happen if we went to a service and raised our hand and started asking questions.

While I never did this during a service, I did do this during my times of "counsel" and I was told I was being divisive and anti-authority, a term they use often in that place - mostly to instil fear into children. They would tell me that if I was worried or had anxiety about a situation, mostly related to Remnant shenanigans, it meant I wasn't praying to God or seeking God enough (nevermind the fact that I have since been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder by an actual Dr). They easily twist the questions/answers to make it seem like YOU are the problem, and not them.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 6

8 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

. When members have gained weight to the point that it becomes very noticeable, or the individual is considered obese (from a medical standpoint), they are asked to "take a step back" from coming to church and church events until they make significant changes, whether that be to their bodies or to their hearts.

I'm assuming this is asked privately. This whole control thing seems to be based on quietly getting people to comply. What they need is someone who start attending church who doesn't give one fuck, ignores being told not to come to church events and get in photos, asks pointed questions where all can see and refuses to be shamed into silence. That would rock the RF boat. 

We saw when they came here they can't answer questions or even make sense. I can't help but wonder if they still read here secretly and perhaps start questioning in their mind why Gwen's stuff doesn't add up and why they can't even give replies to basic questions about their beliefs. 

Gwen's still going on about the wonderful French people. This time it is about how they eat lots of pork and not  lot of fish. I'm assuming from this Gwen prefers pork to fish therefore she has to come up with a reason why pork is healthier than fish.

We have been discussing nutrition concerns, and another common one is Omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital for normal metabolism; however, some of the potential health benefits of supplementation are controversial yet are marketed widely, in spite of inconclusive evidence. Keep in mind, these large oil pills are putting more fat into the body. If you are overeating, do not expect more calories from fat to help you. The French example we discussed yesterday provided enough support to let you know that it is not about the source of fat. The French eat less fish and more pork than Americans. Longevity is the result of eating in the boundaries of hunger and fullness. The reason the French live longer is because they are not overweight. Notice their serving sizes are smaller than Americans; they consume less calories overall. Volume is the key to being thin and thin is the key to longevity.

Volume being the key reminds me of a nutritionists on YouTube who reviews weird diets and she was doing meal replacement shakes. I can't remember what brand but she showed the shake, which wasn't that big, and then pulled out this big wonderful looking salad and said for the same amount of calories you can eat this salad and you would probably stay fuller longer. Yeah, I could eat half a burger or I could eat a ton of other food for the same amount of calories. Gwen is all about eating tiny, tiny amounts of food. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

It doesn't even appear to be true that the French eat less fish than Americans.  

I googled fish consumption per capita and got:

"The timeline shows the annual per capita consumption of fish in France from 1998 to 2015. It displays that the fish consumption was 24.3 kilograms per capita in 2014."

"The U.S. per capita consumption of seafood for 2017 has increased to 16 pounds from 14.9 pounds in 2016. This is up 1.1 pounds from the year before and is the highest per capita consumption in almost a decade."

One kilogram is about 2.2. pounds  and the US numbers include other types of seafood besides fish.

So, yeah.

France consumes more seafood overall according to this chart as wellScreenshot_20190424-152548.thumb.jpg.83ecb2b306477150b0d4585d1f774269.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm assuming this is asked privately. This whole control thing seems to be based on quietly getting people to comply. What they need is someone who start attending church who doesn't give one fuck, ignores being told not to come to church events and get in photos, asks pointed questions where all can see and refuses to be shamed into silence. That would rock the RF boat. 

That's what I mean... I wonder if that's ever happened. Being asked to step back or simply being socially shunned wouldn't work for someone who was hell bent on calling her out.

11 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

While I never did this during a service, I did do this during my times of "counsel" and I was told I was being divisive and anti-authority, a term they use often in that place - mostly to instil fear into children. They would tell me that if I was worried or had anxiety about a situation, mostly related to Remnant shenanigans, it meant I wasn't praying to God or seeking God enough (nevermind the fact that I have since been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder by an actual Dr). They easily twist the questions/answers to make it seem like YOU are the problem, and not them.

I could definitely see that, especially because so many RF can't seem to open their minds to even consider the idea that Gwen might be wrong. If you think she's wrong, then it's YOU that's wrong, not her. She can't be wrong... how could God's prophetess be wrong? ?

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It doesn't even appear to be true that the French eat less fish than Americans.  

Gwen doesn't  change to match facts, facts change to match Gwen!  So the French people better start eating tons of pork and avoiding fish because Gwod has spoken!

• Haha 5

Here is the dietary info from one brand of Omega 3 oil capsule (just a random example, not a recommendation or anything). One serving contains 10 calories, which is 1/200 or 0.005 of a 2000 calorie daily diet. 

They're not going to make you fat, it's all the other crap you're eating. 

image.png.f0c9bbb35be661cc643707d660adf7e2.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

I hope these people eat as much butter and cheese as they need to clog their arteries ASAP. Apparently they do not let kids have peanut butter, though, which is odd. Nowadays, I am very worried about my family member who is stuck in this horrifying group. The leaders are truly sinister and feel free to stalk, harass, and threaten non-members like me who try to  find out what's going on. Erin (Elle) (whatever) has a propensity to take road trips with Candace in order to do so, that on top of sending lackeys.

I wish the fire marshall would raid that place and close it down for locking the doors when occupied. 

• Upvote 3

The French, in Paris at least, are thinner (in my own unscientific opinion) because Paris is the City of STAIRS. 

Seriously. While there I lived almost entirely on baguettes and Nutella crepes, a huge meringue, plus the best burger and fries I'd ever had (same portion sizes as I've seen in the US) and a beef bourgignon. Which is spelled wrong. Oh, and a French microwave dinner, for the night we were waiting on my suitcase to arrive. (Even their microwave dinner was better than ours in the US.) And macarons from McDonalds. Very heavy on the dessert and bread, very light on the veggies and healthy stuff - we were so busy we rarely stopped to eat. And I lost 5 pounds in a week. Because of the stairs. Everywhere. Stairs. Lots and lots and lots of stairs. Down to the Metro, up to the entrance of a building, 8 flights to our apartment, everywhere. So many stairs.

Also all the food was fresh - crepes made while you watch, baguette baked that morning, etc. 

But still. Stairs.

Also, Gwen is dumb. The French don't eat tiny nibbles of their food. They generally seemed to linger and enjoy and eat plenty over the course of a long meal. They didn't stuff themselves, but they didn't lick salt off of chips, either.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Has Gwen ever been to France and had a meal? She seems to think that she's some kind of authority on French culture when she clearly has no clue what she's saying. Fat and carbs are practically food groups. Meals are not catch as catch can or random snacking. The whole relationship with food there is different. It's not unusual to have a four hour multi-course dinner on a weeknight. People in France love to eat!! Gwen's cult would never work in a place where so much life is lived around a table. 

And where did she get that stupid idea about French not eating fish? 

• Upvote 6

Gwen is one to talk about longevity. She and her daughter look sickly and do not look like they will live long. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

@Alisamer our first trip to the US we lost weight despite eating out a lot (I think we had cooking facilities twice in a six week period). For part of it we travelled from Washington DC to Boston by train, stopping off along the way - and walking everywhere, usually with backpacks. We walked in Venice Beach and downtown LA. We walked in Phoenix and the Grand Canyon. We walked up and down hills in San Francisco. We hiked in a lot of places. We basically increased our activity massively from our usual desk-bound working lives. I tend to lose weight on holidays because I want to go and See and Do All The Things! (And then I come home and eat crap and don't get out enough. *sigh*)

• Upvote 9

Gwen is stupid. I cannot believe she has a masters degree in nutrition. I wish dietitians would speak out against her.

Gwen, do you know what is = to a healthy body? Eating. Eating a large amount of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins. Exercising 30 mins/day. Achieving & maintaining a healthy BMI. Yes, people do have an underweight or overweight BMI and are healthy according to their doctors as there are other things to consider besides BMI to describe one’s health. Anyone can find research proven health tips on heart.org

However, Gwen & crew do not eat. Despite their fake tans, their skin is pale and grey. They may have pearly white veneers but their bones look frail. Gwen frowns upon exercise. Why? She’s probably too weak. They likely can’t function without either RF volunteers and/or maids.

If they continue to not eat, one day, they may have heart failure. What Gwen & crew promote is extremely dangerous. It’s basically anorexia and I don’t understand how she can deny it.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

You will never get sick if you stop eating and talking: 

It is fine to be educated about foods, but it is wrong to worry. In fact, God commands us not to worry! Jesus said in Matthew 6:25, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?”

The information you need to know is that God has designed your body in such an amazing way that you do not have to worry, for if you just follow the internal, natural cues, the human body prompts you to do the following… if you are sleepy, sleep… if you are thirsty, drink… if you are hungry, eat… stop eating when you are full and do not eat again until you are hungry… obey God and do not smoke, overdrink, overeat, or have vices such as overtalking, lusting, over- shopping, or worrying. Then you will be truly healthy.

Her followers will now worry about whether they worry too much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

If you didn't know Gwen you would think advice to educate yourself but not stress over food is good.  But what Gwen means is to eat tiny bits of whatever junk food you crave and don't worry about having a balanced diet since being skinny is all that matters.

And over shopping? Really Gwen?! You obviously spend a shit-ton of money of clothing and material possessions. Gwen is rarely seen in the same outfit twice. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.

This from a person who color coordinates her entire church service.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Well there you go. Just wear whatever the hell Gwen tells you to and you will be fine. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If you didn't know Gwen you would think advice to educate yourself but not stress over food is good.  But what Gwen means is to eat tiny bits of whatever junk food you crave and don't worry about having a balanced diet since being skinny is all that matters.

And over shopping? Really Gwen?! You obviously spend a shit-ton of money of clothing and material possessions. Gwen is rarely seen in the same outfit twice. 

I can’t believe I’m defending Gwod but... she has a few dresses she wears more than others. So although I think she has a lot of clothing, there have been a few dresses I’ve seen a few times. For instance, her Pretty Woman dress:

A17DA58A-1707-470B-9437-A400F2366D74.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

19 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I tend to lose weight on holidays because I want to go and See and Do All The Things! (And then I come home and eat crap and don't get out enough. *sigh*)

Same! I am not a "relaxing vacation" type person. I do like cruises because they sort of force you to relax a little with the sea days, but those are between super busy days in port. If I need a vacation from my vacation, I consider it good. Even at the beach I only spend a few hours on the beach relaxing and then go do stuff in the evenings. In Paris we were literally so busy we ate most of our food while walking from place to place - there was just too much to do and see. I usually don't lose that much though... all those stairs. Even Walt Disney World with the 28000+ steps a day out from 7 am past midnight, I don't lose that much.

Gwen says "Don't worry about anything!" which really means "Just do what I say and don't try to think anything through." She and her daughter both look like a stiff breeze would knock them over.

• Upvote 3

Today's devotional is quite bland and it's like Gwen doesn't quite know where to step. I'm not sure what she's actually concerned about. She has been dispensing terrible advice for decades and one doesn't have to look very far to find it. Her carefully worded devotionals do absolutely nothing to stem the tide of bad information that has already come out. Gwen may as well just say what she means because it's really too late in the game to change public opinion. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Today's devotional is quite bland and it's like Gwen doesn't quite know where to step. I'm not sure what she's actually concerned about. She has been dispensing terrible advice for decades and one doesn't have to look very far to find it. Her carefully worded devotionals do absolutely nothing to stem the tide of bad information that has already come out. Gwen may as well just say what she means because it's really too late in the game to change public opinion. 

Maybe she is afraid of giving us anything to get on her about.  She obviously reads here, or her followers do. They did attempt to engage with us, and they were obviously trying to show how she was so smart and we were so dumb...

• Upvote 5

I'm trying to watch her live video and it is painful. She rambles so much. Joe keeps saying "reports are in!" and then announcing tons of people are losing weight because of Gwen. What reports? Gwen is talking about denying yourself and becoming happier. Some people only have one meal a day and are praying for two meals. Joe says some people only have beans to eat. and we would be miserable living like those people do, but they are probably healthier than we are.Then she says these people are happier than we are. I'm not sure people praying for two meals a day while they starve are happier. 

Gwen jumps in to remind us it is okay to have lots of stuff because God wants to spoil you. 

We get to an awkward part because Gwen turns to Joe and says what do you say to yourself to motivate you to get in shape and take that last pound off. There is a brief pause and Joe seems to be not so happy Gwen is implying he needs to get in shape and lose a pound. 

Joe's response is that he compares himself to someone else and sets the bar high to reach the goal to be like that person. He quickly adds that of course prayer is involved. 

Gwen says that people start feeling good about themselves and feel like they don't need to lose weight but look in the mirror realize you need to lose weight and decide you won't eat until you have a full growl. 

Joe starts talking and is a much better speaker and can express his thoughts really well. He says it can be so demoralizing to set goals and fail, but set goals, keep at it, don't get complacent and there is tremendous gratification in achieving goals. 

Gwen interrupts him to say "tremendous gratification". She then says that you can follow her rules just right and still not lose weight. (WTF! I thought she has been telling us that if you follow her rules you will absolutely lose weight!) She says you might not lose weight because water is trapped between your cells. Don't use not losing weight as an excuse to not follow the Gwod plan because if you destroy your body God will destroy you. 

Joe jumps back in. Gwen just needs to let him talk since he is easier to listen to and makes more sense. He says motivation comes and goes so if you are only relying on motivation to reach your goals you will probably fail. You have to look at it as a total lifestyle change and make a commitment to yourself to stick to these lifestyle changes no matter what. He says it is true for all areas of life, if you want to change something, you have to just commit to changing, not viewing it as being an end point, but instead realizing your are changing for life. 

Gwen then comes in and seems to contradict Joe by saying you can't do it for yourself, when he literally just said make a commitment to yourself to change. Was she not paying attention or was she annoyed at what he said? Gwen takes a super long time to say the world is accepting everything that is obese, but the only thing that can help you is the love of God. 

Gwen says whenever you feel like snacking at night go to the mirror. She says a fridge with a mirror is something she could sell. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 12

But I thought God knows exactly how much I should weigh and eat and following man made rules is bad.

If I set myself a goal to lose the last pound, isn't that a man made rule?

What if God's growl is telling me to raid the fridge at night?

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic