IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

Stop starving and replace it with obsession over hunger. Her advice is just so, so bad. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Not sure what exactly is being referred to as wrong about the couple, but I attended many weddings while a member and Gwen or another leader would say something that wasn’t factual about the couple, and even occasionally the wrong name.....

Oh, so you mean GWEN said wrong stuff about the peeps and the the OP was trying to correct it?

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

... but I attended many weddings while a member and Gwen or another leader would say something that wasn’t factual about the couple, and even occasionally the wrong name.....

On a similar note, I know when Gwen married Ed Crane to his new RF wife, that Gwen literally said as part of the wedding ceremony (up on stage in front of everyone) how controlling Ed's ex-wife (former RF member) was.  Who in the world would bring up an ex-spouse of the groom during the wedding ceremony?  Gwen would.

But that's not even a fraction of the whole story.  This woman is literally one of the sweetest ladies you would EVER meet and has a heart breaking story of how at first they were both a part of RF, but how Remnant got between them and turned her husband into something very different and it tore their marriage apart.  I guess it's not my story to share, but the point is Gwen literally brought up the ex of the groom and called his ex controlling (which was exactly the opposite of how she really was) all while officiating the wedding. 

This ex-wife was yet another victim of this cult getting between a husband/wife, but Gwen (as is typical) just labels the non-RF spouse as controlling.  (All while her members are blind to how controlling Gwen and RF 'leadership' are).  I've seen this time and time again, but this time it happened up on stage.  During a wedding.

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
typo
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Gwen is finished giving bad advice on eating disorders. And now back to your regularly scheduled crazy:

Also remember, do not focus on what people think. Stop allowing people to judge you when you are eating pecan pie or regular foods of any kind. Every time you find yourself wondering what people think, turn your attention straight upward to God and look only for His approval. Similarly, stop feeling self-righteous when you have pulled the fat out of a recipe and made the food behave. It is time to relearn how to be righteous—do things God’s way—by making your heart and mind behave.
Understand that the behavior you are tackling is overindulgence. 

Somebody's feeling self conscious.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

On 4/17/2019 at 6:53 AM, RFsurvivor said:

Gwen or another leader would say something that wasn’t factual about the couple, and even occasionally the wrong name.....

Funny you should say this. One time, throughout the whole ceremony she used the bride’s family name instead of the husband’s last name when speaking of the couple. Everyone had a laugh afterwards, giggling about how it was awkward... but the husband now goes by the bride’s last name. Coincidence? ??‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 2

Your brain needs fat and calories to function. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Gwen seems to have memory issues. I imagine it will just get worse and worse. Until Gwen is mostly senile and Joe does all the talking for them both. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Your brain needs fat and calories to function. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Gwen seems to have memory issues. I imagine it will just get worse and worse. Until Gwen is mostly senile and Joe does all the talking for them both. 

I went to Mayo Clinic to see what other complications happen to long term anorexics. Here are the issues:

Anemia, Heart problems, such as mitral valve prolapse, abnormal heart rhythms or heart failure, Bone loss (osteoporosis), increasing the risk of fractures, Loss of muscle, In females, absence of a period; In males, decreased testosterone; Gastrointestinal problems, such as constipation, bloating or nausea, Electrolyte abnormalities, such as low blood potassium, sodium and chloride, Kidney problems

and then it says (and I would say the daughter is at this stage and considering how long Gwen has been at it, she also might be at a stage she can't reverse the damage)

If a person with anorexia becomes severely malnourished, every organ in the body can be damaged, including the brain, heart and kidneys. This damage may not be fully reversible, even when the anorexia is under control.

The last list I find the most interesting in regards to Gwen.

Depression, anxiety and other mood disorders; Personality disorders; Obsessive-compulsive disorders; Alcohol and substance misuse; Self-injury, suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts

The 2 I bolded I think we see in almost every devotional, video, etc. Both may not be in the same writing but we read these issues time and time again. She tries to controls hundreds/thousands of people, she controls the weddings, the color scheme, etc. She has talked about getting tipsy (and former members have mentioned it on here too). 

Mood disorders could be one too but I think the people closest to her would see that - going from happy-happy to rage, or something similar. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Even though Elizabeth was thin 16 years ago on her wedding day, I think she’s actually quite a bit thinner now. Which is so scary. 

871DE1BB-0AE7-4A16-850D-FF7D5EDA1579.jpeg

• Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even though Elizabeth was thin 16 years ago on her wedding day, I think she’s actually quite a bit thinner now. Which is so scary. 

871DE1BB-0AE7-4A16-850D-FF7D5EDA1579.jpeg

How high were her heals? He is super tall and in most pictures she is at his shoulder but not in this picture!

I agree she is skinny in this picture but she had a jaw line and muscle tone in her right arm. I think she was normal skinny instead of her current "death warmed over" skinny look.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

How high were her heals? He is super tall and in most pictures she is at his shoulder but not in this picture!

I agree she is skinny in this picture but she had a jaw line and muscle tone in her right arm. I think she was normal skinny instead of her current "death warmed over" skinny look.  

I bet she stood on something for the picture. Or her heels are 6 inches.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

On 4/17/2019 at 5:02 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

So you were at someone's wedding and spent time trying to point out things wrong with the COUPLE? I do hope that is a typo.

I apologize that I wasn't more clear... I guess I assumed that with the knowledge of Gwen and RF in this thread it would be understood what I was referring to, because that seems to be pretty common with her ?

No... I didn't point out things that were wrong about the couple as people... I pointed out things that Gwen had said that were factually (and often obviously) inaccurate about the couple... from spiritual things, down to the basics of where they had went to school and jobs they had held.  Please know, would never dream of knowing where someone is in their relationship with God... I'm referring to verifiable things.  (similar to "they found truth when attending this festival" when we knew for a fact they weren't even in TN during that festival, nor were they with an RF group, and it was like she was trying to make up a story that sounded more grand of their "return to truth").

I'm no angel, but no... I don't go to weddings to walk around and bash the couple to their guests... but when talking to people we knew personally (not random strangers), we would gently ask about these things. They view her word as Gospel... and so we often try to point out those inaccuracies so we can someday poke holes in her power (one can hope, right?). 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

@OperationSunshine no worries- 99.9 percent of us have no connection to RF so explorations will often be in order! Why does she do that? She could actual facts and spin them and does not need to lie. 

• Upvote 5

I must admit I'm slightly obsessed in a 'can't look away from the wreck' way with the RF wedding page where they announce upcoming weddings and publish the oh-so-happy-and-blessed-thanks-to-GwenShamblinLara-and-her-teaching-the-TRUTH-of-RF stories.

The couples are all so young, happy looking, shiny, 99.99% are thin, and beautifully dressed.  But... beyond the whole RF is a cult, we worship Gwod vibe, lately there has been what appears to be a disturbing trend of very new converts (a year or less) marrying long time/ life long members.

Has this always been a thing?  Get the newbie hooked in via marriage so they can't rethink joining and leave?

Most of the newbies appear to be new to Brentwood, without family, who seem to have been love bombed and then sucked in to the cult. Then - Bam! introduced to a nice single RF-er and then BAM! married right off after a 3 month engagement. The newbies don't have a chance .  For some reason I find this more disturbing than an entrenched RF couple marrying.  

Also a question for former RFers:  At one time the wedding albums were just that, full of pictures of the actual weddings (which admittedly were gorgeous even if after a while they all looked the same).  Now the albums are just the stories, not chronicles of the actual wedding with photos.  Did they just get lazy or was there a change in "policy,"  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Has this always been a thing?  Get the newbie hooked in via marriage so they can't rethink joining and leave?

We aren't members, but after watching so many people we love get sucked in... yes, I 100% believe that this is the thing. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that when someone new comes in (who is single) that the goal is to get them married to someone who is "all in" in short order... and I mean REALLY short order. I can't give away more info without feeling like I'd expose myself, but the speed at which it progresses makes me believe fully that it's an agenda and not just coincidence. They also get them jobs with Remnant companies, have them live with Remnant families, and love bomb them with a whole new group of Remnant besties. 

Within a few months the person feels like if they were to leave Remnant they'd loose everything... jobs, homes, friends, and their entire new lifestyle. I've talked to someone who flat out said that they don't agree with a lot of what Gwen preaches, but it's a nice group of people and all their friends and family are there and they don't want to loose them.

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@OperationSunshine no worries- 99.9 percent of us have no connection to RF so explorations will often be in order! Why does she do that? She could actual facts and spin them and does not need to lie. 

I don't think (at least at the weddings we've seen) that she was lying persay... lying implies intent to deceive. I think that she embellishes greatly to make the story of the Remnant Rescue more dramatic and convincing (especially because you have non-RF people at the wedding)... and I think she flat out just doesn't research or pay attention... and nobody is going to call her out on it. At the wedding where she was getting her facts all backwards and confused, I literally watched the heads of both families nod while they were listening to her say things that were clearly wrong about their children. It was weird.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, OperationSunshine said:

. lying implies intent to deceive.

20 minutes ago, OperationSunshine said:

I think that she embellishes greatly to make the story of the Remnant Rescue more dramatic and convincing (especially because you have non-RF people at the wedding)...

But isn't deceiving people the entire point of her changing stories to match the narrative she is trying to sell? She wants people to believe things happened that didn't actually happen. It sounds to me like Gwen lies. 

In some way Gwen and her minions know that without love bombing and manipulation they can't win over people because when they came here they refused to discuss the beliefs of RF and only said for us to visit them and we would understand. If I lived near RF I would totally take them up on their offer and start showing up to church with a list of questions. What do people think they would do if people did actually start attending and pointing out the hypocrisy and things that just don't make sense? Would they have them legally banned from attending church services if love bombing and shaming didn't work to get people to stop asking questions? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OperationSunshine said:

but it's a nice group of people and all their friends and family are there and they don't want to loose them.

If leaving RF causes a person to lose friends and family then by definition they are absolutely not a nice group of people.  They are a cult no matter how "nice" they act (and it is an act) or how much "love" they bomb. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Remnant Leadership used to make people wait before getting married.  The idea was to get your relationship with God right first, and only then should you consider trying to have a relationship with someone else.  Of course, that was back when they used to be able to claim that no one who had gotten married inside RF had ever gotten divorced.  Well, that ship has certainly sailed!  I guess now that they can no longer use marriages to differentiate themselves from other churches by bragging about the lack of divorces, they decided they might as well use quick marriages to trap people in their cult instead.  I wonder if Gwen feels guilty when one of the couples she matched up gets divorced, or if her only regrets are how the divorce will look to the other members and that the broken marriage won't be able to produce more brainwashing victims children?

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Gwen's devotional on this most Holy of Christian holidays is about weight loss again. And it has a little dig that seems to be toward FJ comments that eating tiny amounts of junk food isn't healthy and won't provide you with a balanced diet. 

To learn to sense God’s internal leading, let us use the example, once again, of eating, since we all have to eat. What your body is calling for or what your body wants to eat is innate; it is programmed into each person and each animal. Internal control is buried and forgotten under years of other people trying to control you. It has been suppressed because you have tried to please other people and eat what they want you to eat. This internal control is masked now under lustful desires, birthed from years of denial created by man and fears that you will be malnourished—again, suggestions made by man. It will take an education about God’s eating plan to resurrect this internal control. By absorbing this truth, you can be set free from years of man-made rules that have had no value in getting the weight off nor helped your overall health. You can resurrect this buried, covered, and concealed biological feedback and redevelop this innate, God-given ability to sense what your body is really calling for. This is truly the healthiest way to eat!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

This internal control is masked now under lustful desires, birthed from years of denial created by man and fears that you will be malnourished—again, suggestions made by man.

Yes, Gwen.  It is my lustful desire for the box of Easter Whoppers that's making me get up and prevent malnutrition by giving into my carnal pleasures.

Oh Whoppers...you don't need to love me back...just pretend whilst I lose myself in your pastel colored maltedy milk goodness.  Take me you tempting sugary vixens! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

You can resurrect this buried, covered, and concealed biological feedback and redevelop this innate, God-given ability to sense what your body is really calling for. This is truly the healthiest way to eat!

Forget about that Jesus guy, this is the overall important message each day of Gwod's year. 

58 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

fears that you will be malnourished

Gwen, we know that wine is one of your food groups.  Nothing wrong with that, but maybe imbibe after you write your devotionals.  ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Yes, I do believe that God biologically programmed our bodiesto eat industrially processed junk food that wasn't even available a hundred years ago.

• Haha 16

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yes, I do believe that God biologically programmed our bodiesto eat industrially processed junk food that wasn't even available a hundred years ago.

That’s what I was thinking too. I was thinking about the stuff that Jesus likely ate. I guarantee he didn’t eat potato chips and drink Diet Coke all day. I imagine many people from that time would find Diet Coke to be disgusting. It’s an acquired taste. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s what I was thinking too. I was thinking about the stuff that Jesus likely ate. I guarantee he didn’t eat potato chips and drink Diet Coke all day. I imagine many people from that time would find Diet Coke to be disgusting. It’s an acquired taste. 

I've acquired a wondrous taste for Lay's Poppables.   And Diet Pepsi, caffeine Free.  Whatcha think about that, Gwennie?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

How dare you.

Just as the new testament followed the old, the Good News of chicken in a biscuit crackers, peeps, and french martinis have overwritten loaves, fishes, and wine.

So sayeth the Lord.  The book of Yummy 3:16.

(I just realized I forgot to buy the CIAB crackers.  Pray for me as I'll now spend Easter in a state of sin.)

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How dare you.

Just as the new testament followed the old, the Good News of chicken in a biscuit crackers, peeps, and french martinis have overwritten loaves, fishes, and wine.

So sayeth the Lord.  The book of Yummy 3:16.

(I just realized I forgot to buy the CIAB crackers.  Pray for me as I'll now spend Easter in a state of sin.)

I love CIAB crackers and have done so for at least 50 years.  Peeps, not so much, but they do awesome things in a microwave.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic