IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

Tonight, instead of the You Can Overcome Show, Remnant re-aired Monday’s ShitShow With Gwen and Joe ... the edited version!

The part where Gwen acknowledged she has been known to lose count of her glasses of wine at social events and drink too much was GONE. POOF! Much like a glass of chardonnay from her Ashlawn wine cellar. (Which I visited once. And was moderately impressed. Until I spotted a bottle of Andre.)

Censor away, Remnant. We heard her admission the first time and we, unlike some people, were totally sober! 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

On 4/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, SJWaterford said:

I noticed the same thing, there have been several beautiful couples that are diff than the ridiculous Remnant standards of perfection, but normal to all of us......but the thing that concerns me is the wedding that happened this weekend. 

http://remnantfellowshipweddings.com/heidi-welch-and-joseph-ridley/

Because of how new he is to his indoctrination(a year or less), I'm concerned by how fast they married him off that this marriage is destined to fail. The girl is a life member.

I also feel like Gwod is trying to transition Shamblin from her name. 

Question though - they were married on a Friday. Isn't having to marry on a Friday/Sunday... meaning NOT the Sabbath... often a sign that they're not fully in the good graces of the almighty leadership? Maybe because they aren't at a "godly" weight?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

http://www.remnantfellowship.org/About-Our-Church/Become-a-Member   ?

If your spouse is not joining, is he/she aware of your desire to place membership? Is your spouse familiar with Weigh Down and/or Remnant Fellowship?

Just checking out what it takes to be a member. This would throw up a red flag for me. 

18 hours ago, sajetime said:

The part where Gwen acknowledged she has been known to lose count of her glasses of wine at social events and drink too much was GONE. POOF! Much like a glass of chardonnay from her Ashlawn wine cellar.

I tried to find the edited version, but maybe not posted yet. You could tell after she talked about drinking wine at events, that she regretted it. She's not a brilliant ad lib speaker. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, sajetime said:

Tonight, instead of the You Can Overcome Show, Remnant re-aired Monday’s ShitShow With Gwen and Joe ... the edited version!

The part where Gwen acknowledged she has been known to lose count of her glasses of wine at social events and drink too much was GONE. POOF! Much like a glass of chardonnay from her Ashlawn wine cellar. (Which I visited once. And was moderately impressed. Until I spotted a bottle of Andre.)

Censor away, Remnant. We heard her admission the first time and we, unlike some people, were totally sober! 

But she/they don't read here.  They don't care about what we might say or think of them.  Right.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

21 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I tried to find the edited version, but maybe not posted yet. You could tell after she talked about drinking wine at events, that she regretted it. She's not a brilliant ad lib speaker. 

Gwen loves to turn off her brain and let the spirit flow through her the dumb words trickle out of her slack-jawed, wrinkly mouth.  And her cult followers are all so overcommitted that there's no turning back, and so whenever Gwen says something sinful or antiscientific or straight up false, everyone around her has to just stay quiet and try to forget.  Because, after all, she is God's chosen prophet...right?

• Upvote 5

The edited version of Live with Gwen and Joe was finally posted yesterday.

How does one know when a *LIVE* With Gwen and Joe is edited? When the retooled LIVE Monday show is posted on a THURSDAY! 

Monday’s episode initially began with them both saying they’ve made small changes in their lives. In an awkward and seemingly tense way , Joe insisted that Gwen go first. She admittied she had been less than mindful with her social drinking. Then he followed that rather big revelation with a lame, limp “spiritual” change that made no sense ... and really left Gwen out there hanging. Like when you share a major personal secret with someone and then, in exchange,  they share with you something really tiny, making you wish you hadn’t divulged?

Now the video begins with Joe’s “testimony” and none of Gwen’s.

He’s quickly getting awfully comfortable in his new role. And his subtle way of acting like he has the upper hand and his ability to catch her off guard are definitely not adding to her prophet cred.

• Upvote 6

They make quite the couple, with his beet-red chemical peeled face and her Queen of the Damned too pale foundation and giant rat's nest hair.  ?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12

9 hours ago, sajetime said:

And it’s not a clean edit either! Start at 3:44, you can clearly see something has been chopped out! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

http://www.gwenshamblinlara.com/how-to-be-free-from-obsessive-body-focus/

Her devotional today, for some reason has me particularly irritated. She talks about anorexia in depth. 

There are many different degrees of body focus that I have run into over the years of counseling.

Gwen you aren't a counselor. Just like you aren't a prophet, or even a good dietician. And you aren't a theologian. 

Anorexia can start early in life, as young girls see the U.S. spinning out of control when it comes to overweight and obesity. These are the children of dieters, and since diets have not worked, they are taking their weight into their own hands and self-denial into their own hands. Self-denial should be God-led. People are not good at making decisions for themselves.

Let me reiterate that what you are selling is indeed a diet. The title of at least one of your books is "The Weighdown Diet". The very definition of a diet is to restrict oneself to small amounts or special kinds of food in order to lose weight. Whether you listen to Gods voice or wait for the growl to lose weight, it is indeed a diet. 

There are people who are overly competitive and are obsessed with having the thinnest body. Many are blind and never seem to like the body God has given them because they are focused on someone else’s.

This seems like a contradictory statement Gwen. YOU do not allow people to appreciate the body God gave them. You banish people from attending your services who do not fit your ideals. They are overly competitive because you are their judge and jury. You feel entitled to make every decision for them. And think you alone are able to judge what's in their heart. When actually, if they aren't skinny and dressed a certain way, you probably don't take the time to get to know what their hearts and brains have to offer. I have a feeling the people will starve themselves just to stay in your good graces. So who is their idol? Is her name Gwen? Pleasing Gwen does not = pleasing God. 

image.thumb.png.5526fb6125292f81863670b0124a43aa.png

I'll blame this long post on PMS and my hatred for fake people. Happy Saturday!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Is that a real example of the diet someone on Weigh Down eats? They filled up on God, Jesus and junk food. 

1 hour ago, sajetime said:

Start at 3:44, you can clearly see something has been chopped out! 

They very, very obviously chopped bits out. I wonder if she will continue doing the live videos because it seems she risks revealing too much when she does so. 

• Upvote 5

Maybe it's just me, but I find it very ironic that Gwen is talking about anorexia.  Especially in view of Elizabeth and how unhealthy she looks.  And in view of Gwen's own eating disorder.  I look for her books occasionally, I went to a book sale today that had several diet/health related books but none of hers.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Briefly said:

Maybe it's just me, but I find it very ironic that Gwen is talking about anorexia.  Especially in view of Elizabeth and how unhealthy she looks.  And in view of Gwen's own eating disorder.  I look for her books occasionally, I went to a book sale today that had several diet/health related books but none of hers.

The issue is that Gwen doesn't believe that herself or Elizabeth have an eating disorder....

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

15 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

The issue is that Gwen doesn't believe that herself or Elizabeth have an eating disorder....

I know that body dismorphia tends to be towards oneself. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Gwen had body dismorphia toward Elizabeth in a way. I am guessing she doesn’t actually see how thin her daughter is. Unlike other moms. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

26 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

When my daughter was in college (late ‘90s), there were posters and flyers all over her dorm, offering help with eating disorders. She told me, “The saddest part is, the worse somebody’s eating disorder is, the more she’s convinced that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with her.” One of her friends was virtually skeletal and her family and friends were desperate to try to get her help. Fortunately, she recovered and seems to be well now.

• Upvote 7

On 4/4/2019 at 3:11 PM, OperationSunshine said:

Question though - they were married on a Friday. Isn't having to marry on a Friday/Sunday... meaning NOT the Sabbath... often a sign that they're not fully in the good graces of the almighty leadership? Maybe because they aren't at a "godly" weight?

I’ve mentioned this one before but they likely had their wedding on a Friday/Sunday because of $. The church offers three options for their weddings; least expensive, semi expensive, & most expensive. Most expensive option gets the Saturday slot with a live webcast. Sometimes the couple is encouraged to to go for the most expensive due to their ‘hierarchy’ in the church or if they are most likely to provide evangelism/bring more family and friends to the church, and sometimes the Saturday slot is not available to couples due to circumstances like remarriage, struggling with weight-loss etc. as you mentioned, or the Saturday has already been booked for a different wedding.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Paying for the Saturday slot is not worth it, because often your out-of-town visitors will just get weirded out (well, even more weirded out than they already were) by Gwen's choice of topic for a weekly sermon.  Unlike normal wedding officiants, Gwen never feels the need to restrict herself to giving a homily about love or marriage. On Saturdays, there is a high chance that all of your confused wedding guests will be forced to endure over an hour of disorganized rambling about topics such as gays causing hurricanes or fat people causing stock market crashes.  It's honestly better to have a cheap, quick wedding on Friday or Sunday so that there is less chance of Gwen ruining it.

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Fashion Forward said:

I’ve mentioned this one before but they likely had their wedding on a Friday/Sunday because of $. The church offers three options for their weddings; least expensive, semi expensive, & most expensive. Most expensive option gets the Saturday slot with a live webcast. Sometimes the couple is encouraged to to go for the most expensive due to their ‘hierarchy’ in the church or if they are most likely to provide evangelism/bring more family and friends to the church, and sometimes the Saturday slot is not available to couples due to circumstances like remarriage, struggling with weight-loss etc. as you mentioned, or the Saturday has already been booked for a different wedding.

I apologize, I hadn't seen you mention it before! What you're saying makes sense though... the Saturday wedding we went to had people who I could see as being encouraged to go the all out (or should we call it "all in?" lol) route. I just know that a few people we know would have seen it as a slap in the face to have their wedding on any day but the Sabbath, but I wasn't sure how that was really decided upon or what went into it all.

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

Paying for the Saturday slot is not worth it, because often your out-of-town visitors will just get weirded out (well, even more weirded out than they already were) by Gwen's choice of topic for a weekly sermon.  Unlike normal wedding officiants, Gwen never feels the need to restrict herself to giving a homily about love or marriage. On Saturdays, there is a high chance that all of your confused wedding guests will be forced to endure over an hour of disorganized rambling about topics such as gays causing hurricanes or fat people causing stock market crashes.  It's honestly better to have a cheap, quick wedding on Friday or Sunday so that there is less chance of Gwen ruining it.

There is so much truth to this. It was funny (and sad) to watch people around us who had no idea what was happening come to the realization of what RF was as Gwen rambled on and on. Not to mention that the longer she rambles, the more confused she gets. She started to get the facts about different people mixed up, leaving us so confused about what on Earth she was talking about.

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

It's honestly better to have a cheap, quick wedding on Friday or Sunday so that there is less chance of Gwen ruining it.

Were people allowed or was it accepted to have a wedding somewhere other than Remnant if they chose? Say a destination wedding without Gwen? And generally speaking (without giving away too much info), how much do these weddings cost? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Were people allowed or was it accepted to have a wedding somewhere other than Remnant if they chose? Say a destination wedding without Gwen? And generally speaking (without giving away too much info), how much do these weddings cost? 

There have been a few not in Nashville, but all were approved by leadership and generally had special circumstances. Either Gwen or another leader would run the wedding. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

It seems that all of the marriages featured on the RF wedding albums site happen in Brentwood.

Where and by whom are RF members who don't live in Brentwood married?  Are they required to travel to Brentwood to be married in the mothership by Gwen?   Does Gwen or one of the leadership travel to them? Do they have to get permission to be married where they live -- assuming there is a RF congregation or at least several people who gather in a living room to listen to the weekly Sabbath podcast.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

On Saturdays, there is a high chance that all of your confused wedding guests will be forced to endure over an hour of disorganized rambling about topics such as gays causing hurricanes or fat people causing stock market crashes. 

11 hours ago, OperationSunshine said:

It was funny (and sad) to watch people around us who had no idea what was happening come to the realization of what RF was as Gwen rambled on and on. Not to mention that the longer she rambles, the more confused she gets. She started to get the facts about different people mixed up, leaving us so confused about what on Earth she was talking about.

It sounds like Gwen is starting to go off the deep end.  Does she have assistants who help keep her on track during these events? 

• Upvote 6

Do any of you remember the Star Trek episode where there was this worm creature taking over people at Star Fleet Headquarters? I think Gwen and Trump both have a similar alien species controlling them, but they just look like bad hair. Sometimes their translator malfunctions and they end up ranting nonsensically, but the control pheromones they emit keep the listeners from questioning it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It sounds like Gwen is starting to go off the deep end.  Does she have assistants who help keep her on track during these events? 

I don't know, but everyone at every wedding event just hung on her every word like it was the newest book of the New Testament. We were in awe of how many times she started rambling completely off topic and then somehow tried to bring all the rambling around to confirm her initial statement. It was painfully confusing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Speaking of assistants, I was always curious about them. There are a few women that pretty much never leave Gwen’s side. What is up with them? Are they actual friends/confidants of Gwen? Are they total yes-women? Are they respected by the general masses or resented?

I remember being at one gathering and her main assistant randomly interrupted our group’s conversation to move us further from the house when there was no immediate reason that I could see. And it didn’t seem like she did that with anyone else or — if she did — that anyone listened. She struck me as super uptight and controlling but maybe she’s motivated by fear.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Gwen is assumed to be following God’s spirit in everything she does and says. So if she goes off on tangents or even says things that are scientifically or historically false, then everyone around her just thinks to themselves “Well, I guess God wanted to teach me about an unexpected topic today” or “Well, I guess all the thousands of scientists/historians must be wrong.” No one is going to redirect Gwen’s train of thought because then they would be opposing the direction that God’s spirit was leading Gwen. No one is confident enough to say that Gwen is rambling or that God’s spirit is actually leading in another direction.  Gwen’s assistants are just yes-women who do whatever Gwen says and keep track of Gwen’s schedule and help with Gwen’s hairspray and makeup (they should be fired on that basis alone). 

Gwen will almost always get the benefit of the doubt from the other Remnant members/leaders.  If she says her divorce is suddenly not a sin, then they will vote to accept it unanimously because to do otherwise would be to claim that they know God’s will better than Gwen, His prophetess. If Gwen says 2+2=5, then they will do mental gymnastics in order to justify her revisionist math.  And if Gwen rambles, then apparently God must want to teach you something buried within that rambling more than he wants your wedding guests to listen to a sermon that has literally anything to do with a wedding! The multiple levels of control Gwen has over these people is amazing. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic