IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I take it to understand that the cult referred to is RF?  I skimmed through it but I don't think it was mentioned, which might be smart on her part so she's protected in case they go after her for slander/libel/whatever.

That gofundme is definitely in regards to Remnant Fellowship.  I know the mother who posted it and Remnant has made her life a pure living hell for years by doing all they can to take the kids out of her life as much as they can.

It's actually a heart breaking story and the few paragraphs mentioned in that gofundme are but a small glimpse into that mother's nightmare she's has to endure at the hands of RF since she left RF.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 3

Yeah it's not the AMA job to be impressed by God, they're supposed to know about medical facts.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

@WorseThan1Thinks, my heart breaks for this poor woman. The order to keep sweet and feign happiness destroys the soul.

Way back in the ‘70s or ‘80s, I sat in alarmed fascination, watching a talk show by a famous televangelist (can’t recall which one—Pat Robertson?). One of his guests was promoting her child rearing book, and started talking about practical ways to help children deal with their anger. The host was annoyed that the woman dared suggest that children even be allowed to express, or even FEEL, anger at all! (He also had guests who represented a national textbook company based in Texas, who weren’t really on board with the concept of secular education. They were horrified by Shel Silverstein’s “Uncle Shelby’s ABZ Book,” and I found it hysterical that they didn’t get it at all—then I remembered that these are the kinds of people who want to dictate what’s taught in schools all over the US.)

• Upvote 5

Why Diets will Never Work, Part IV

March 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

This is the fourth post in our series on why diets will never work:

3. Man-made rules…“they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence…” Diets do not get to the root problem—sensual desires. There is something about chewing and swallowing, chewing and swallowing; notice that overeaters often keep drinks beside them for sucking and swallowing or gum in their mouths. The fact is, man-made rules increase sensual desires, whether this be for food, alcoholism, tobacco, depression, theft, praise of man, materialism, or children’s out-of-control behaviors.

Man made rules give you a sensual desire to be depressed.

This is the dilemma: pills, liquid fasts, appetite suppressants, and counting fat grams change your environment temporarily, but do not change your sensual desires.

Uh, appetite suppressants sound like changing sensual desires is their whole damn point.

They impose a harsh treatment on the body that works temporarily; however, you cannot keep up man-made rules. Colossians 2 above points out that the regulations that men impose are strict and harsh on the body (plastic sweat suits, liquid concoctions, metabolism pills, etc.) and they make God look legalistic and unfeeling.

Thank God Colossians 2 took a firm stand against plastic sweat suits!

Likewise, suction-assisted lipectomies do not help to stop your indulgence, so they are a waste of funds. So many times people who even survive the gastric-bypass surgery wind up gaining their weight back because it did nothing to check their sensual indulgence. However, this verse is also about the uselessness of man-made rules over God’s rules. Primarily, they will have no value in restraining the root problem… overindulgence.

Incidentally, Colossians 2 says this,

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink,

Gwen quoted it but I'm not sure she's read it.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

There is something about chewing and swallowing, chewing and swallowing; notice that overeaters often keep drinks beside them for sucking and swallowing or gum in their mouths.

This is such a bizarre way of looking at eating. Doesn't Gwen constantly have a Diet Coke on hand for "sucking"?

Gwen makes eating sound inappropriate. I guess for her it is.

• Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is such a bizarre way of looking at eating. Doesn't Gwen constantly have a Diet Coke on hand for "sucking"?

I get so confused during meals.. I suck and swallow and afterward I'm never sure if I just ate something or gave someone a blowjob.

• Haha 26

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

What’s funny is that the more diet pop I have, the more I want. So I imagine she’s always drinking a Diet Coke. But when I drink water all day, I drink much less overall. Because the water quenches my thirst. While the sodium in the diet pop makes me thirstier. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s funny is that the more diet pop I have, the more I want. So I imagine she’s always drinking a Diet Coke. But when I drink water all day, I drink much less overall. Because the water quenches my thirst. While the sodium in the diet pop makes me thirstier. 

I think that "science" says that any artificial sweeteners actually make you crave more sweet stuff.

My "nutritionist" doesn't let me drink during meals. She says that it washes the food thru faster and you end up eating more. I've had lots of fun with wait staff.....explaining to someone that you don't need a drink with your meal causes a surprising amount of confusion.

This should be a fun after party! 

image.thumb.png.66c5ed0b10e8f6e6e5596ce92c1a9262.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I think that "science" says that any artificial sweeteners actually make you crave more sweet stuff.

My "nutritionist" doesn't let me drink during meals. She says that it washes the food thru faster and you end up eating more. I've had lots of fun with wait staff.....explaining to someone that you don't need a drink with your meal causes a surprising amount of confusion.

Oh...

Their “Passover” events are encroaching. This forum/thread is going to be hopping REAL soon. ?

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

I'd love to just show up in my finest cocktail dress with a plate of wrapped mini hotdogs and start shoving appetizers in my mouth while throwing back glasses of wine. 

What would Gwen say? Would she hand me a Diet Coke and start laying hands on me to cast out a spirit of gluttony? 

If these events are open to the public we should elect a FJ'r from the area to attend as a spy. The recap would be epic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I'm trying to imagine what that after party must look like. Plates and platters piled high with beautifully arranged food, and everyone in their fancy clothes (but not their FANCIEST clothes) tiptoeing around carrying a plate with a small variety of food on it, glancing furtively around before sneaking a bite every now and then, and occasionally wandering past the garbage can to surreptitiously drop in a piece or two. Can't offend anyone by not trying their food, but Gwen (and everyone else) is watching so you can't actually EAT it either. You hope no one sees you take an actual bite from that brownie instead of just tasting a crumb. You drink more diet soda, hoping the carbonation will make your stomach growl so you have a Godly excuse to take another bite, and maybe even eat that mini pretzel instead of just licking the salt off of it. Although you've changed shape since prom, the last time you wore this dress, so your spanx will keep you from indulging too much. You just can't get that last quarter-inch off your hips, but you can squish it into submission via lycra.

Also, have we done "Gwen Shamblin and the search for the Holy Growl" yet?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

Screenshot_20190329-001906.thumb.jpg.cb1a03795cbedb5a9afe1a8176778c1a.jpg

I'm simply not pious enough to get this. Why? Why can't the whole family eat healthy? Those that are not dieting can simply eat more of the same healthy food. Or add some mayo.  Or those who want to eat something else can do their own damn cooking.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Also, have we done "Gwen Shamblin and the search for the Holy Growl" yet?

Oh, very good!

I can see her now, expecting her followers to kill the Rabbit of Caerbannog, answer the questions at the Bridge of Death, etc., before they can eat.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

On 3/27/2019 at 7:02 PM, SJWaterford said:

So the party is on Good Friday. The day Jesus died on the Cross. A basic tenet of any Christian religion. So they are going to party in fine gowns and suits and celebrate right after the time Jesus was being beaten, tortured and nailed to a cross.  

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, thoughtful said:

I tried to watch that video, I really didst couldn't focus on a stick figure wearing a beehive, too much eyeliner, and hugely uncomfortable-looking shoes, talking.     like.   a.  bad.      William.    Shatner.               impression, being incredibly repetitive, with slowly crescendoing music in the background.

Is she just trying to hypnotize people?

She's trying to stupify people.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So the party is on Good Friday. The day Jesus died on the Cross. A basic tenet of any Christian religion. So they are going to party in fine gowns and suits and celebrate right after the time Jesus was being beaten, tortured and nailed to a cross.  

As someone whose grandma used to drag all of us grandkids to mass every Good Friday to watch LENGTHY reproductions of the crucifixion, this is hilarious to me. A tad tone deaf with the celebration there, Gwen. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So they are going to party in fine gowns and suits and celebrate right after the time Jesus was being beaten, tortured and nailed to a cross.  

I hope Jesus got the memo on the evening's color scheme, because that's all-important in Gwod's church.

• Haha 8

On 3/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, sajetime said:

I call this braids look “Gwen of Thrones.”

(Goes back into prayer closet.)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e70695399A-7227-494C-A8DB-1C6876474AFB.thumb.png.5b45ab8c87bfdfb86ebdcced689a00d6.png

I'm fascinated with her hair. It kind of seems like it's a head band add-on.  Like, the bulk of it could just come off.  She's too malnourished to have lots of thick hair. She most likely naturally has more like her poor anorexic daughter's thin hair.  

Her obsession with food is awful to put it mildly.  That story of the parties with life giving, delicious food served by little girls (who won't get to eat it) is horrible.  I don't stand for wasted food, food for show? Wtaf?!  That is truly sinful. People are starving, not by choice, and what Gwen is doing is not ok.  It's definitely not Christ like.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I'm fascinated with her hair. It kind of seems like it's a head band add-on.  Like, the bulk of it could just come off.  She's too malnourished to have lots of thick hair. She most likely naturally has more like her poor anorexic daughter's thin hair.  

Her obsession with food is awful to put it mildly.  That story of the parties with life giving, delicious food served by little girls (who won't get to eat it) is horrible.  I don't stand for wasted food, food for show? Wtaf?!  That is truly sinful. People are starving, not by choice, and what Gwen is doing is not ok.  It's definitely not Christ like.  

Game of Crones is more like it,but that would be a huge disservice to us ladies happy in our "cronage."

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Well not only that, but why would you encourage drinking around people that Gwod has said have been helped by her "ministry" who struggle with excess drinking? And do they have a permit/need a permit for serving(even though donated), what I am assuming will be a large amount of wine. And is giving alcohol to minors a thing there? Or who watches the wine table so only adults partake?

*Religious ceremonies. Minors may possess and consume alcohol for religious ceremonies, when the alcohol is administered by a priest or minister in accordance with the practices of that religious denomination or sect. Adults who provide alcohol to minors as part of religious ceremonies will not be convicted for violating the law against furnishing alcohol to a minor. (Tenn. Code Ann. Sections 1-3-113(b)(2)

*Williamson county has adopted a rule forbidding the sale or storage of beer and like beverages within 2000 feet of schools, churches and other places of public gathering. 

Now I am not a prude by any means, and enjoy my wine just as much as anyone. But there's a lot of things not OK about celebrating like this. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Well not only that, but why would you encourage drinking around people that Gwod has said have been helped by her "ministry" who struggle with excess drinking? And do they have a permit/need a permit for serving(even though donated), what I am assuming will be a large amount of wine. And is giving alcohol to minors a thing there? Or who watches the wine table so only adults partake?

Assuming nothing has changed since I was last there, Adults served wine from a bar opening from the kitchen area. So it wasn’t free game on the alcohol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Good Friday services at my UM church are not at all a party!  It's a somber service, which ends with some of the members quietly and quickly taking down all the bright, cheery things.  They remove the alter cloth and any flowers, and then we file out quietly. The lights are turned out as the last people leave.  The idea is that Good Friday is the day Jesus died, and the mood is mourning, not celebrating.  But I guess Gwod knows best, after all...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

That is some crepey old-lady skin on her upper arms!   And her nude lip with liner look wants to go back to the 80's and be buried with acid washed jeans and jelly sandals.  Snark over.

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Briefly said:

Good Friday services at my UM church are not at all a party!  It's a somber service, which ends with some of the members quietly and quickly taking down all the bright, cheery things.  They remove the alter cloth and any flowers, and then we file out quietly. The lights are turned out as the last people leave.  The idea is that Good Friday is the day Jesus died, and the mood is mourning, not celebrating.  But I guess Gwod knows best, after all...

I agree! I'm Catholic, there isn't any insturments for songs, all songs are somber and we all leave in silence. We are encouraged (if physically able) to  fast (no snacks, no meat and small meals, not Gwen small but enough to sustain us with no adverse reactions). Growing up, we didn't go out and about on Good Friday. We did our normal schedule (school or work) but no extra stuff (movies, eating out, etc) just an all around somber day reflecting on Jesus' sacrifice for us. 

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic