IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 6: Billy Madison Is Smarter than Gwen Shamblin

Coconut Flan

The answer is going to involve your own personal obligation, using the two senses—the eyes and ears. The eyes and ears are the feeling senses for your mind, which in turn create your desires or what is in your heart

I didn't even understand what this is supposed to mean. If you're deaf and blind you have no desires? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is “home economics” still a degree widely offered in colleges? I just don’t remember it in my college or a few other colleges I looked into 20 years ago. 

Cornell calls it Human Ecology now.  My late MIL got her degree in Home Ec there in the 50s.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Is anyone else impressed by SJWaterford's investigative skills? ? Gwen's going to wish she had covered her tracks better!

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

I woke up thinking about Elizabeth and she's been on my mind all day.  The latest picture is so scary, she looks so close to death.  All I could see is bones.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

It's interesting tracing Gwen's morphing from poverty-stricken waif to the prophetess Gwod.  She was apparently on the faculty of University of Memphis (formerly Memphis State).  Did she get a master's or doctorate from Memphis State? 

I've been looking at photos on the RF website.  Are those older photos of Michael?  He does look like he's gained weight since then, if the photo of him in Garth Brooks-type clothes is more recent.

The RF website talks of Gwen's heart for prison ministry.  "Gwen continues to travel to inmate hospitals and prisons, and has plans to establish halfway houses to help released inmates transition their faith into productive, law abiding, meaningful lives."  Have any of the plans for these halfway houses come true?  I mean, between statue-acquiring activities and shopping with God, it must be difficult to find time.  And I assume they'll be located near Gwod's own neighborhood, so the released inmates can receive personal attention and shopping tips from Gwod and Co.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Is anyone else impressed by SJWaterford's investigative skills? ? Gwen's going to wish she had covered her tracks better!

Nah, most of this stuff is just freely shared with me......via a covert yellow envelope, exchanged in a dark, dangerous, back alley of Brentwood (usually behind City Cafe). ?

• Haha 23
  • Love 1

More food is scary from Gwod. Food will make you feel awful(hunger tends to do that too), it will ruin your relationship with your spouse and you won't even be able to play with your kids. Food = bad. Being overweight is the number one cause of depression. I need some sources for that Gwen. 

Food is not a good source of entertainment or a good escape from your problems or a good thing to fill up time—it is not a good thing to use to escape the fear of being bored, nor a good friend to take the place of relationships. How do you know? You have backaches, joint pains, and a closet full of clothes that are too small. It is the cause of your poor oxygen intake and sleeping complications, snoring, etc. That is why you have headaches, stomachaches, and generally feel exhausted all the time. Overeating puts a tremendous strain on any relationship—especially your spouse—and you cannot play with your children. The feeling of hopelessness… “What is the use” keeps crossing your mind. Overweight is perhaps the number one cause of depression. WeighDown has thousands of testimonies where people walk free from depression each day. Watch and record your emotions this week in your journal. Notice how you will have more energy and more joy and more exhilaration this week than you have had in years if you continue with the transfer of this relationship from bowing down to the pan of brownies over to bowing down to the most loving Heavenly Father and His precious Son, Jesus Christ.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

25 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Overeating puts a tremendous strain on any relationship—especially your spouse—and you cannot play with your children. The feeling of hopelessness… “What is the use” keeps crossing your mind. Overweight is perhaps the number one cause of depression.

From personal experience, my husband did not love me any less when I was overweight.  And I would not love him any less if he was. 

What Gwen, you aren't sure about overweight being the number one cause of  depression? You said "perhaps", so are you making a presumption? Personal experience from your 20lbs of extra weight in college(apparently from too many pans of brownies ?)?  I think it just fits your agenda. Loss of a loved one, divorce, money issues, homelessness,ect, in my opinion rank higher. However, depression sometimes has nothing to do with any of that.  Only someone who cares so much about appearances would use that. BTW most overweight people have no problem playing with their children. It's obvious that Gwen sees everyone as either an acceptable weight or weighing 300lbs. There is no in-between for her. In my opinion her blatant prejudice against overweight people is glaring and disgusting. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

Gwen, honey, it's way past time we have a little talk.  Gwen, dear, I know this may come as a shock to you but "food" does not mean the same thing as "overeating" or "morbid obesity".   Some people who eat "food" are in fact perfectly healthy or at least well enough to play with their children. Many people who eat "food" have a good relationship with their spouse.  I know this is hard for you, Gwen, but you can be a "food eater" and a nice person at the same time.  You can even be fat and still have sex. While it's true that obesity can contribute to the risk of sleep apnoea, pain, and tiredness, many people have headaches, pain, sleep disorders and breathing problems that have nothing to do with the fact that they eat "food".  Also, brownies and belief in Jesus Christ are probably not mutually exclusive. I have it on good authority that the Son of God gave "food" to thousands of people and invited his friends to supper, during which they are known to have eaten "food".   

• Upvote 15
  • Love 11

14 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

The RF website talks of Gwen's heart for prison ministry.  "Gwen continues to travel to inmate hospitals and prisons, and has plans to establish halfway houses to help released inmates transition their faith into productive, law abiding, meaningful lives."  Have any of the plans for these halfway houses come true?  I mean, between statue-acquiring activities and shopping with God, it must be difficult to find time.  And I assume they'll be located near Gwod's own neighborhood, so the released inmates can receive personal attention and shopping tips from Gwod and Co.

*Oman is located on 34 acres of farmland at 900 Franklin Road. Tracts of land that size in that location are extremely rare. 

This is a new development directly next door to Gwods property. However I dare say that most her congregation could not afford it. 

Having personally talked to a former member, she was a divorced mother who said they tried to set her up with a former prisoner. Now I am not saying that anyone exiting prison is not a good person or deserving a new life, family or children. However this goes to their inability to allow any members to just be single or find their own date/mate outside the church. It was like they didn't view her as acceptable unless she was part of a couple. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 7

Mr. Shrew used to work in the deli at a nearby Bilo grocery store, and the deli manager like to brag about her home ec degree from Bob Jones University. She started at Bilo right after graduation & has been at the same store for over 30 years. (She's married & has an adult daughter, and was never a stay-at-home mom. In fact, she would come to work even when she wasn't scheduled because she couldn't stand being at home with her retired husband and her back-at-home unemployed daughter.)

Edited by FeministShrew
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

It's obvious that Gwen sees everyone as either an acceptable weight or weighing 300lbs. There is no in-between for her. In my opinion her blatant prejudice against overweight people is glaring and disgusting. 

Agree.  What concerns me is that her idea of "acceptable weight" is her own weight (and she's clearly way too thin) but, more disturbingly, her daughter's weight.  That woman is a walking skeleton.   How can that be deemed in any way acceptable weight?    How can a mother accept / encourage that in her own daughter?   It's disturbing to see. 

As far as being overweight, we know that Gwen's first husband was very heavy.  I can't help but wonder that when Gwen thinks "overweight" she sees his level of weight, even in people who are not.   If you are not super skinny then you are on the road to becoming 300 lbs, so you need to be treated as if you are already there.   

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen, dear, I know this may come as a shock to you but "food" does not mean the same thing as "overeating" or "morbid obesity".

From the RF website, food = GREED.  Lay down that brownie and walk away!  Love, Michelle Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah

Our church alone has a combined weight loss of 30,000 pounds!!! That's a lot of GREED that has been laid down!

• WTF 8

5 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

rom the RF website, food = GREED.  Lay down that brownie and walk away!  Love, Michelle Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah

Our church alone has a combined weight loss of 30,000 pounds!!! That's a lot of GREED that has been laid down!

Well darn, I got it wrong.  I though eating a brownie was not greed but simply...eating.    And in my case, getting a dose of chocolate.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

This is an awful, terrifying thought but... I agree Gwen probably does not see Elizabeth as ill and instead sees her as doing the right, godly, thing. If Elizabeth dies, I wonder if she will see her as a martyr for God, so faithful she remained strong at all costs?

GWEN, if your thoughts are anything like that, that is only more proof YOU are sick and you are leading others to hell (the hell of mental illness). When I was sick I remember thinking it would be okay if I developed long term consequences like osteoporosis because it would just be proof that I was stronger - my will power- was more than all the normal people who thought they needed food.

I hope I am wrong. I hope you care about Elizabeth enough to get her help. Though I doubt it. :(

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

17 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

From the RF website, food = GREED.  Lay down that brownie and walk away!  Love, Michelle Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah

Uh what, they track this thing? Do they weigh everyone before the Sunday services or what. Like the weight watchers, with a side of guilt trips? 

" Praise the Lord, Mary has lost 5 pounds of greed. But now let us all pray for Louise who has gained 7 pounds of death, decay, and despair since her last weighing. "

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Uh what, they track this thing? Do they weigh everyone before the Sunday services or what. Like the weight watchers, with a side of guilt trips? 

" Praise the Lord, Mary has lost 5 pounds of greed. But now let us all pray for Louise who has gained 7 pounds of death, decay, and despair since her last weighing. "

Considering they ostracize member who gain weight, sometimes telling them not to attend attend they've lost weight, I bet this does happen. ?

Btw, I don't know this is a practice for a fact, but I believe @RFSurvivor or another member said it happened. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They effectively do by strongly encouraging members to stay in weigh down classes and to confess sins to their assigned leader. And since extra weight is a sin, you are expected to self report effectly. 

Also if you have been struggling, they will assign you an accountability partner who you are expected to report your food consumption and weight to daily. 

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

So pounds are equated to greed= the less you weigh, the less greed you have= Gwen just views herself as the ultimate in greedlessness. 

What this should say is.....30,000 meals donated, 30k shoes donated, 30k blankets ect. And are they counting the 30,000 pounds people didn't eat? Or are they counting actual weight lost just once? Or the same pounds being lost and gained and lost and gained and lost and.......

Cause honestly my scale can move 5 lbs up or down at any given time. ? 

Edited by SJWaterford
  • Upvote 13

30 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

So pounds are equated to greed= the less you weigh, the less greed you have= Gwen just views herself as the ultimate in greedlessness. 

I think she does see herself this way. And her material wealth is the blessing she receives from god for all her hard work.

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It's interesting tracing Gwen's morphing from poverty-stricken waif to the prophetess Gwod.  She was apparently on the faculty of University of Memphis (formerly Memphis State).  Did she get a master's or doctorate from Memphis State? 

I've been looking at photos on the RF website.  Are those older photos of Michael?  He does look like he's gained weight since then, if the photo of him in Garth Brooks-type clothes is more recent.

There is no way Gwen was starving.  She is full of it.

The only hope for Elizabeth is an intervention by her father.  Otherwise Elizabeth is a goner.  It will be a miracle she will be alive in 5 years without medical intervention.

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 8

Gwen is back today with her weird obsession with the idea that children don't eat a lot. This belief explains why she would deny Elizabeth food as a child when Elizabeth said she was hungry. Elizabeth could only eat as much as her mom thought was okay. I wonder if she did this with the son or if she thought boys could eat more. It is really no wonder these kids grew up to have unhealthy relationships with food. 

Imagine being free of worrying about lusts, wealth, pride, praise of man—free of tobacco, alcohol, food, man-made food rules, and their impossible procedures. You are free to be devoted to Him, while enjoying His wonderful foods when your body is hungry – to eat like you did when you were a child—eating only when you were hungry, eating regular foods, and not thinking about food unless you were hungry. Remember back to the time when you would rather play than eat!

There are two senses used for either weight loss or weight gain. The senses are so influential to your life that they could either take you down the right path or the wrong path. If you go down the right path, you will be like a child again—focused on God and dependent on Him—free from your own devices.

Sense 1: The Physical EYES or Mental “FOCUS.”

What is meant by “eyes” or “focus” is what you see physically or mentally. What your eyes focus on fills your mind and your heart and eventually your life. We pass our idols, or what we adore, down to our children. You could have simply focused on what your parents focused on. You are not born this way. It grows over the years until a person becomes focused primarily on food when they enter a room, a house, their workplace, or even their car—they have their own secret food stashes. Overeaters hide the food in secret places—the bedroom, the closet, and their purse. People who are food focused eventually dream about it at night. I have known of sleepwalkers who wake up and have chicken bones on their chest.

Sense 2: The Physical EARS or Spiritual Voices.

Think about your senses… do you find yourself being in tune to the popcorn popping or the bacon sizzling? The ears of the idolater are tuned to its idol—if cigarettes, then the smell and sound of the package of tobacco, the TV commercials that advertise electronic cigarettes, the cigarette machines, etc. If it is food, they are tuned into pictures of food, magazines with new diets, restaurants, and food shows. Their ears perk up to conversations on food and dieting

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 10
  • Thank You 3

The ears of the idolater are tuned to its idol—if cigarettes, then the smell and sound of the package of tobacco, the TV commercials that advertise electronic cigarettes, the cigarette machines, etc. If it is food, they are tuned into pictures of food, magazines with new diets, restaurants, and food shows. Their ears perk up to conversations on food and dieting

If Gwen  can detect cigarette smell and pictures of food with her goddamn EARS  I no longer wonder why she has trouble with eating normally. 

to eat like you did when you were a child—eating only when you were hungry,

Uh, most kids I know eat when their parents have the food ready. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

On 3/14/2019 at 7:50 AM, smittykins said:

This is kind of long, but I found this 1951 film interesting.

I wish Lori Alexander Who Is A Monster could be forced to watch this! 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic