IGNORED

The Botkinettes Take Umbrage!

Columbia

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

...and Steven Bowman, a former VF intern (he also made a bunch of vids with JT Phillips back in the day) known for a creepy ode to his then-fiance, Lacie Verret, Why I desire Lacie

Yikes, the body language in that photo!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

49 minutes ago, refugee said:

Dyslexia can be a beautiful thing. I read “isaactrexarms” (and still do, every time I look at it) as “ Isaac at rectal exams”.

That is all.

I read it as Isaac's extra arms. I was hoping for some Kali

Spoiler

image.png.908215381c33f635dcf05be99f6e5f04.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

"...we, for one, wanted to be on his home team."

"We, for one" - how's that homeschooling working for you, again??

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 25

Please tell me is it “humbrage” or “umbrage”?? I’m just an ignorant American ppl.

Apart from that I am thrilled that the Botkins are FJ-trending again but I’ve never claimed to be a good person.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, erunerune said:

Please tell me is it “humbrage” or “umbrage”?? I’m just an ignorant American ppl.

Apart from that I am thrilled that the Botkins are FJ-trending again but I’ve never claimed to be a good person.

You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say--come to FJ and sit by us. Seriously, there's like a whole auditorium filled with us and I'm sure you'll find a seat in there somewhere. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, EowynW said:

I'm a gun owner & have my CHL and many gun owners are nothing like what people would expect, lol. Many are good people &  I know quite a few liberal and LGBT CHL carriers in my groups.  :) 

You are certainly not wrong; groups are not a monolith. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Still, the link between what are colloquially called "gun nuts" and the far-right has been well-documented. So yeah, the fact that gun forums are drawing a line about homophobia is a BFD. (For me, the term "gun nut" is anyone who cannot agree with the following: "We don't want to take your guns, we just want for you to take your guns seriously [as the super-dangerous tools that they are]" No problems from me with responsible gun ownership. Fun fact: Army bases either require that all firearms are kept at the base armory--not at home. Air Force allows guns in the home, but there must be a safe and the safe must not be in the same room as a child's bedroom.)

32 minutes ago, erunerune said:

Me too me too me too!!!!!

And I totally agree with @pampliset (sorry cannot figure out the spelling) about how the girls are both victims and perpetrators. I do have sympathy for them. In a way, they remind me of the women that Isis lured into their deadly cult. While the Botkinetti's violence was physical, they both suffered and perpetrated deep psychological and emotional violence.

Also...I am a terrible person who wants to discuss a train wreck.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, erunerune said:

It would be "umbrage," but NOT Umbridge ???:

Umbridge.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

Speaking of the Botkin church, have we discussed this guy?

www.firebreathingchristian.com

Seems nice :5624797d4096d_homegrownparanoiaparanoid:

Edited by AnnaSofia
Decided to remove the hyperlink
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Ummmmm teachers?  This charming fellow thinks it only takes two hours a day to teach a child?  ?. Gee why do sane people want some oversight of homeschooling again?  http://www.firebreathingchristian.com/archives/11707

Edited by Soulhuntress
  • Upvote 6

17 hours ago, refugee said:

Dyslexia can be a beautiful thing. I read “isaactrexarms” (and still do, every time I look at it) as “ Isaac at rectal exams”.

That is all.

Glove optional?

I'm going, I'm going.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

According to their mother, the Botkin Boyz are employed as follows (at least, as of 1-2 years ago):

Isaac, married to Heidi and father of two, is a designer, videographer, and CNC technician. David, husband to Nadia and father of four, serves as a deacon in the church and works as CFO of a growing defense-related company with his brothers. Anna Sofia and Elizabeth are authors, musicians, and aunties who serve their family and church in dozens of ways. Ben, married to Audri and father of three boys, is a composer for film. Lucas is founder of T.Rex Arms, a custom-holster company. Noah builds and runs all the websites, as well as studying mathematics and programming on the side. In addition, our whole family helps run and produces products for this ministry.

Interesting that none of them became duck biologists!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

17 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Yiiikes. What a great way to promote christianity-- by making a bunch of dumb memes praising Viktor Orban and making caricatures of AOC and calling public school students "retarded." I checked out his facebook page and he appears to be married to someone half his age, too. Jackass patriarch bingo!

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Better her ⬆️ than him ⬇️.

Reveal hidden contents

DAMMIT WOMAN! WARN A GIRL BEFORE PUTTING THAT TERRIFYING CRAP ON MY SCREEN! You too @hoipolloi! LOL. 

That woman reminds me of my mother, in all the ways you might imagine. *shudder

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

On 2/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, EowynW said:

I'm a gun owner & have my CHL and many gun owners are nothing like what people would expect, lol. Many are good people &  I know quite a few liberal and LGBT CHL carriers in my groups.  :) 

I normally do not talk about gun ownership in most places because I think most of us are responsible.  But there are always going to be people who are irresponsible about everything and that extends to guns and owning/using them.  Lucas et al are the reason that so many people think everyone who has a gun or has used one is an idiot.  He sounds like a complete fool.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

DAMMIT WOMAN! WARN A GIRL BEFORE PUTTING THAT TERRIFYING CRAP ON MY SCREEN! You too @hoipolloi! LOL. 

That woman reminds me of my mother, in all the ways you might imagine. *shudder

Sorry. I remembered the spoiler, but I forgot to include a warning. :shakehead2:

10 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Sorry. I remembered the spoiler, but I forgot to include a warning. :shakehead2:

I hate Umbridge so much more than I do Voldemort. She's the true villain imho. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

33 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I hate Umbridge so much more than I do Voldemort. She's the true villain imho. 

She is indeed evil, but count your lucky stars -- I tried & failed to find a gif of her with all of the kitty plates mewing in the background. For some reason, to me, that was almost the most horrifying scene of all and she had a lot of screen time in those films as a bad 'un. 

• Upvote 5

She is indeed evil, but count your lucky stars -- I tried & failed to find a gif of her with all of the kitty plates mewing in the background. For some reason, to me, that was almost the most horrifying scene of all and she had a lot of screen time in those films as a bad 'un. 

That’s actually the point that reminded me most viscerally of my mother. *shudder.
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

According to their mother, the Botkin Boyz are employed as follows (at least, as of 1-2 years ago):

Interesting that none of them became duck biologists!

Notice how the boys each get their own sentence, but the girls share a sentence.  

• Upvote 15

On 2/23/2019 at 9:45 PM, FilleMondaine said:

Still, the link between what are colloquially called "gun nuts" and the far-right has been well-documented. So yeah, the fact that gun forums are drawing a line about homophobia is a BFD.

There are a surprising number of liberals, and a not so surprising number of libertarians (who tend to be non-religious and don't tend to care what consenting adults are up to in the bedroom), who are into guns. I'm always surprised at the cross section of people at shooting ranges. The range nearest to me gets flack from hard core conservatives for donating to Planned Parenthood and local Democrat candidates. 

I will also say, I think that forum--like most Reddit forums-- skews farther left than the typical subsection of its demographic. I did find the conversation heartening though. 

Also, ime, gun guys of all political persuasions LOATHE dudes like Lucas Botkin who do military cosplay and have never served. Wanna be cops and soldiers hamming it up at the gun range get a lot of rolled eyes, since there are actual cops and soldiers at a gun range. The Botkins would also probably be called out for letting their kids play with realistic toy guns when there are real guns in their house. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

gun guys of all political persuasions LOATHE dudes like Lucas Botkin who do military cosplay and have never served. Wanna be cops and soldiers hamming it up at the gun range get a lot of rolled eyes, since there are actual cops and soldiers at a gun range.

I noticed that Lucas Botkin plays the "protection" card, like, "My way of serving is to have a wide and manly stance, do appendix or 'shoot off my dick' carry,  and be armed at all times to protect the wimmins and childrens from gay people, just like LEOs and people in the military Protect and Serve. No, really, IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING."  And in his mind, it is. 

This is from an interview with a website called LoadOutRoom.com, May 9, 2018

We’ve talked a lot about your Company and its products, could you take a moment to tell us a bit about yourself?

Well, I’m a Christian. Twenty-three years old. Was homeschooled. Educated by awesome parents. Didn’t go to college. And I have no military or law enforcement background. I’ve always been passionate about protecting others and growing up I wasn’t sure how I would do that. Now that I’m running T.REX ARMS and producing a good amount of educational material, I believe I am able to help equip people to be more effective protectors themselves. And that is why I work as hard as I do. I know what I’m doing is having an impact and making America a safer country.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Also, ime, gun guys of all political persuasions LOATHE dudes like Lucas Botkin who do military cosplay and have never served. Wanna be cops and soldiers hamming it up at the gun range get a lot of rolled eyes, since there are actual cops and soldiers at a gun range

From reading the gun forums there were several comments pointing this out. Lucas is probably is own worst enemy. He brags about his lack of education and being self taught, but acts like his is on par with the guys who have gone through intensive training and actually have used guns to defend themselves/protect others. 

The Duck Biologist created a whole bunch of unlikable adults who want to blame others when their actions catch up to them. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

21 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

From reading the gun forums there were several comments pointing this out. Lucas is probably is own worst enemy. He brags about his lack of education and being self taught, but acts like his is on par with the guys who have gone through intensive training and actually have used guns to defend themselves/protect others. 

The Duck Biologist created a whole bunch of unlikable adults who want to blame others when their actions catch up to them. 

Also, he's a twenty-something healthy guy. If he's so knowledgeable about military strategy and shooting, and desires to protect others and serve the country, why doesn't he just...join the military? Nothing is stopping him.

Other than perhaps the possible realization that he is not the innate polymathic genius his father brainwashed him into believing he is. I suspect this is the same reason that Elizabeth and Anna-Sophie don't go to college, despite having the aptitude for it and seeming to enjoy reading, writing, and abstract thinking.

It really is amazing how much Geoff managed to make each one of his children such an arrogant blowhard while also completely inhibiting them from achieving any real careers. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 11