IGNORED

Maxwell 29: You Can Leave Your Vest On, Second Verse Same as the First

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Maybe we need a kitchen forum? [My vote is for a red kitchen, by the way]

Someone sneaked in a question about if Melanie is the only pregnant wife? Surely NR Anna should be announcing again soon.  Have we missed anything? I've skipped here because I cannot endure Sarah's so-called "writing" posts.

She hasn’t announced anything yet. But I would not be surprised at all if she is in fact pregnant. I would be surprised if Chelsy or Elyssa are pregnant though. I think Chelsy and Elyssa could be pregnant again by the end of the year. But right now seems soon. Especially with Chelsy. Her mother didn’t have any Irish twins. I guess I don’t expect her to have any either.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're going to start talking about Pyrex, I'm never going to get anything done. My Christmas from Mr. Allison was vintage Pyrex (and Rogue gift certificates, but that's a whole other thread). 

So, there's a big announcement on the blog on March 18, per today's Mom email. Maybe it's a cookbook filled with the grossest ham recipes they can devise? 

Jesse is engaged and will get married in August when the lease is up on his house and the tenants move out?

ISB at work!

3 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

If we're going to start talking about Pyrex, I'm never going to get anything done. My Christmas from Mr. Allison was vintage Pyrex (and Rogue gift certificates, but that's a whole other thread). 

So, there's a big announcement on the blog on March 18, per today's Mom email. Maybe it's a cookbook filled with the grossest ham recipes they can devise? 

Two of my favorite people were in the neighborhood to do the 'history of pyrex" museum thing a few years ago.
The one who loves vintage pyrex was thrilled.
The chemist, who was expecting a COMPLETELY different exhibit, was not.

It still makes me laugh, picturing her face when she found ZERO beakers/erlenmeyer flasks, etc.
(FWIW, I have to admit, my first thought was labware too)

There’s a part 5 to the book writing process. Step nine is copy editing. Sarah mentions the copy editor is a “he”. Step ten is the cover. 

2 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

Jesse is engaged and will get married in August when the lease is up on his house and the tenants move out?

ISB at work!

I thought they no longer posted engagements.  So wouldn't a big announcement be that Jesse is already married and is living at the mothership until August?

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

There’s a part 5 to the book writing process. Step nine is copy editing. Sarah mentions the copy editor is a “he”. Step ten is the cover. 

"He" should get fired. 

1 hour ago, dawbs said:

Two of my favorite people were in the neighborhood to do the 'history of pyrex" museum thing a few years ago.
The one who loves vintage pyrex was thrilled.
The chemist, who was expecting a COMPLETELY different exhibit, was not.

It still makes me laugh, picturing her face when she found ZERO beakers/erlenmeyer flasks, etc.
(FWIW, I have to admit, my first thought was labware too)

I have to admit that I'd have been disappointed to find no laboratory glassware in a Pyrex museum.  I love labware!  No wonder I love my Chemex so much.

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

I want to be buried with my KA, St Peter had better let me into heaven with it! :laughing-rolling:

:banana-blonde:

My kids would kill me if I tried to be buried with my KitchenAids. Oh, wait. . .

There's a new post up about the importance of avoiding procrastination and the value of a schedule.

Sarah's example is that she had been procrastinating taking a thank-you gift to a helpful neighbour.  She kept putting it off and then finally stopped procrastinating and did it.  It took 15 minutes.  All through the post I kept thinking, "way to make expressing gratitude  to a valued person a burden and a chore".  If I were the neighbour reading that post it certainly wouldn't make me feel good.   

13 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

ISB at work!

What?

16 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

My guess is one of the girls gets married on the 16th or 17th!! 

Okay, okay, probably not. Here are my real guesses: 

1. Jesse is courting or engaged (and specifically asked for it to be posted, since they don't normally do that after Joe's failed courtship)

2. Sarah is announcing she's beginning a new book

3. Steve and Teri are going to a conference or have written a new book that they want you to buy (How to Keep Your Daughters at Home Forever, perhaps, or maybe 50 Ways to Keep Your Lives Fun Free). 

4. Someone is pregnant. Probably NR Anna. I think this is the most likely one. 

I honestly doubt it's a cookbook, and only because that sounds like WAY too much work for them-- testing recipes, photographing, writing them up in a coherent way... all seems like it would be too much for their "busy" schedules. Plus they honestly don't have a very niche way to market it. 8 kids is a lot, but they had that big gap in them and it isn't THAT many, so they don't have the cooking-for-a-big-family-with-small-children angle. 

53 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

What?

I think this was just a joke/guess. Not real life. There’s been no announcement for Jesse. Actually we’ve heard very little of him except for the housework. 

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think this was just a joke/guess. Not real life. There’s been no announcement for Jesse. Actually we’ve heard very little of him except for the housework. 

Very little of him. Isn't that what gets us suspicious; very little of them for so long then a wedding announcement? Or maybe a "gasp" moving out? Or pigs fly, lol. With lipstick on

4 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Very little of him. Isn't that what gets us suspicious; very little of them for so long then a wedding announcement? Or maybe a "gasp" moving out? Or pigs fly, lol. With lipstick on

I agree. But I guess they really haven’t ever talked about Jesse much. Poor forgotten Jesse. But his having a house does mean he can marry with Steve’s blessing. But who? My guess would be Sarah’s friend that was around at Christmas. I forget their names. But two sisters and a brother came to visit. 

This is the girl and her brother. They also visited and went caroling with them. 

EA1B8BAF-F8CA-4C12-B42A-4B3F7208D6AB.jpeg

12 hours ago, Lisafer said:

"He" should get fired. 

She really needs to hire a developmental editor, who would point out where the story drags, where characters need more development, and where dialogue seems stilted and unrealistic. 

But 1. Developmental editors are expensive, 2. Developmental editors can be harsh, 3. Most serious developmental editors wouldn't even take on the Moody books because they are so undeveloped, and 4. It would force Sarah to face some uncomfortable truths about her writing. 

Yo Steve! I agree about procrastination, but I don't want to procrastinate today, I'll do it tomorrow.

57 minutes ago, AverageGiraffe said:

My guess is one of the girls gets married on the 16th or 17th!! 

Okay, okay, probably not. Here are my real guesses: 

1. Jesse is courting or engaged (and specifically asked for it to be posted, since they don't normally do that after Joe's failed courtship)

2. Sarah is announcing she's beginning a new book

3. Steve and Teri are going to a conference or have written a new book that they want you to buy (How to Keep Your Daughters at Home Forever, perhaps, or maybe 50 Ways to Keep Your Lives Fun Free). 

4. Someone is pregnant. Probably NR Anna. I think this is the most likely one. 

I honestly doubt it's a cookbook, and only because that sounds like WAY too much work for them-- testing recipes, photographing, writing them up in a coherent way... all seems like it would be too much for their "busy" schedules. Plus they honestly don't have a very niche way to market it. 8 kids is a lot, but they had that big gap in them and it isn't THAT many, so they don't have the cooking-for-a-big-family-with-small-children angle. 

5. They are now going to eat five yes FIVE fig newtons per week.

44 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

She really needs to hire a developmental editor, who would point out where the story drags, where characters need more development, and where dialogue seems stilted and unrealistic. 

But 1. Developmental editors are expensive, 2. Developmental editors can be harsh, 3. Most serious developmental editors wouldn't even take on the Moody books because they are so undeveloped, and 4. It would force Sarah to face some uncomfortable truths about her writing. 

Well yes, I agree. She needs a developmental editor before she hands it over to her "copyeditor" (who is probably just a sibling, anyway).  And before all of that, she needs to learn how to develop the story herself. 

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

5. They are now going to eat five yes FIVE fig newtons per week.

the sheer gluttony of this notion makes my brain hurt.  

<end sarcasm font>

Recently, there was something I had put off for a few months. That something was giving a gift to a neighbor who had helped me.

I got the gift ready, put it in a bag, and walked over to their house. It took me all of 15 minutes to get the project done. You know how nice it felt to have that behind me? Really awesome.

Sarah Sarah Sarah.  there is nothing good about this story.  either you felt put out by having to thank your neighbor for doing you a favor, or you are such a terrible writer that you utterly failed to convey your point.  as someone said above, hopefully your neighbor never reads your post, because you made it sound like saying thank you is a dreaded chore.  how delightful that after a whopping 15 minutes you were so happy to have put the task "behind [you]."  i recently completed a task that felt good to be "behind me" too, but it was a six-hour project of compiling receipts for my cousin's annual SSA expense report.  tell you what, Sarah.  next year, i will be happy to trade with you:  you deal with the expense report while i take a gift to your neighbor.  i'll even supply the gift. 

for all their talk of scheduling, the Maxwells aren't even that good at it.  it took a few months to thank the neighbor, a month to sew on the button, the cabinets don't even get polished every year.  when the neighbor helps out, put it on the schedule for the same week.  with six adults in the house, mending could add up and become a monthly task; bonus--if no buttons fell of this month, then Bible-reading time.  regular annual projects can be planned months in advance.  what the hell do these people do all day?

19 minutes ago, catlady said:

the sheer gluttony of this notion makes my brain hurt.  

<end sarcasm font>

Sarah Sarah Sarah.  there is nothing good about this story.  either you felt put out by having to thank your neighbor for doing you a favor, or you are such a terrible writer that you utterly failed to convey your point.  as someone said above, hopefully your neighbor never reads your post, because you made it sound like saying thank you is a dreaded chore.  how delightful that after a whopping 15 minutes you were so happy to have put the task "behind [you]."  i recently completed a task that felt good to be "behind me" too, but it was a six-hour project of compiling receipts for my cousin's annual SSA expense report.  tell you what, Sarah.  next year, i will be happy to trade with you:  you deal with the expense report while i take a gift to your neighbor.  i'll even supply the gift. 

for all their talk of scheduling, the Maxwells aren't even that good at it.  it took a few months to thank the neighbor, a month to sew on the button, the cabinets don't even get polished every year.  when the neighbor helps out, put it on the schedule for the same week.  with six adults in the house, mending could add up and become a monthly task; bonus--if no buttons fell of this month, then Bible-reading time.  regular annual projects can be planned months in advance.  what the hell do these people do all day?

Also, if I helped a neighbor and then they waited several months and randomly showed up with a gift to thank me, I'd find that pretty weird. Either saying "thanks" or giving a gift right away is pretty normal...but MONTHS? As the neighbor, I'd be pretty confused. And yes, if I read that awful post afterwards, I'd be tempted to return the gift to their front steps and henceforth avoid the crazy. 

I just had a crazy thought. How close are the Maxwells to the Bates? What about Josie's father-in-law? He hasn't re-married; what about him and Sarah? Then she can be a mother-figure to kids young enough, and an instant grandma! Oh wait, that would make Steve and Teri instant great-grandparents; a weird thought. Or has someone already thought of that?

12 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

I just had a crazy thought. How close are the Maxwells to the Bates? What about Josie's father-in-law? He hasn't re-married; what about him and Sarah? Then she can be a mother-figure to kids young enough, and an instant grandma! Oh wait, that would make Steve and Teri instant great-grandparents; a weird thought. Or has someone already thought of that?

Do the Buckingham/Hales still have any spare young men lying around? If so, one of them might make a good husband for a Maxwell woman. 

19 hours ago, AllisonWndrland said:

Maybe the Great Secret of the Holy Pizza Cutter of Antioch will at last be revealed to the worthy! 

12 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe the Great Secret of the Holy Pizza Cutter of Antioch will at last be revealed to the worthy! 

And three slices shalt thou make upon the lettuce with the Holy Pizza Cutter: and three shall be the number of thy slices. Four shalt thou not cut, neither shalt thou cut two, unless thou immediately proceed to three. 

Five is right out. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived