IGNORED

Maxwell 29: You Can Leave Your Vest On, Second Verse Same as the First

Coconut Flan

20 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

From one red kitchen accessories lover to another, this is AWESOME. (My toaster, pots/pans, mixer, even microwave). I didn't know instant pots could be in any color but black...I'm going to have to check this out. 

Reveal hidden contents

*waves frantically*  ME TOO! 

When we moved I bought a set of red salt and pepper shakers that caught my eye. I recently ordered a red Kitchen Aid electric kettle that we love. I also have a red crockpot and I think that's it for "useful" things but I do have red decor in my kitchen. In fact, I have at least one red item in most rooms of the house - just a little surprise when people look around. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s such a shame this little candy apple red number will never be used to cut lettuce. Just waiting in perpetuity for a blog post that’ll never arrive. ?

19392E30-3BC2-4105-B3CE-863C2425EE77.jpeg

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

*waves frantically*  ME TOO! 

When we moved I bought a set of red salt and pepper shakers that caught my eye. I recently ordered a red Kitchen Aid electric kettle that we love. I also have a red crockpot and I think that's it for "useful" things but I do have red decor in my kitchen. In fact, I have at least one red item in most rooms of the house - just a little surprise when people look around. 

We have a cobalt blue Kitchen Aid which came with my husband. I've looked longingly other mixers though. Robin's egg blue or a nice lavender. All this talk is making me want a red one.  Am I committing appliance adultery when I lust in my heart for a hunter green Kitchen Aid?

Just now, onekidanddone said:

We have a cobalt blue Kitchen Aid which came with my husband. I've looked longingly other mixers though. Robin's egg blue or a nice lavender. All this talk is making me want a red one.  Am I committing appliance adultery when I lust in my heart for a hunter green Kitchen Aid?

I keep looking at the mixers and just have not bought one yet. Every time I bake, I regret passing it up the last time I saw one on sale. My daughter received one as a gift and loves it. And yes, one of my hang ups is that I can't decide what color to get. 

I say get whatever color you want. Hunter green would be gorgeous! 

5 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I keep looking at the mixers and just have not bought one yet. Every time I bake, I regret passing it up the last time I saw one on sale. My daughter received one as a gift and loves it. And yes, one of my hang ups is that I can't decide what color to get. 

I say get whatever color you want. Hunter green would be gorgeous! 

A new Kitchen Aid would be nice, however I know the finances aren't there right now for a new one. Besides the blue one is pretty and was a gift to my husband from his grandmother. 

Besides, I"m so wish washy I'd buy a dark green one and then wish it was the dusty rose or something.  

As happy as I was to get the red Instant Pot, discovered it comes in more colors. An all red one '

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-LUX60-Red-Stainless-Steel-6-Qt-6-in-1-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure-Cooker-Slow-Cooker-Rice-Cooker-Saute-Steamer-and-Warmer/992890903?selected=true

and blue with flowers

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Instant-Pot-Pioneer-Woman-LUX60-Breezy-Blossoms-6-Qt-6-in-1-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure-Cooker-Slow-Cooker-Rice-Cooker-Saute-Steamer-Warmer/902669781

Note to Kitchen Aid mixer fans: If you have an old one, hang on to it and get it serviced if it needs repairs. My 1991 model can run rings around my 2015 one!

24 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

My microwave is cobalt blue. It’s ugly but I’ve become rather attached to it over the years. 

46 minutes ago, freejugar said:

DSC_0472.jpg

I was Going through old blog posts and i thought this delicious gourmet meal had to be posted

Which post was that

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My microwave is cobalt blue. It’s ugly but I’ve become rather attached to it over the years. 

You could always pull a Braggie and wallpaper it......  

i have a black and white damask crock pot.  I bought it because it was pretty.  I have more than one CP, but i’m a bit embarrased to say how many.

4 minutes ago, catlady said:

You could always pull a Braggie and wallpaper it......  

i have a black and white damask crock pot.  I bought it because it was pretty.  I have more than one CP, but i’m a bit embarrased to say how many.

Heh. Me too. I gave one to my daughter when she hosted Thanksgiving and learned that two crock pots can, indeed, be quite handy. I still have plenty (hanging head in shame) but a couple of them are small. ANNNND I really want to buy a casserole crockpot. I was trying to keep some appetizers warm the other night and that would have been much handier than the deep pots. 

I need to start a small appliance fund from my change jar. 

5 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

ANNNND I really want to buy a casserole crockpot. 

I have one!  It’s great for pork loins because they can lay flat.  And I used it as a warming dish at New Years when we had a bunch of people over.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Note to Kitchen Aid mixer fans: If you have an old one, hang on to it and get it serviced if it needs repairs. My 1991 model can run rings around my 2015 one!

Agreed. I have a late 90's one that I bought when my late 1970's one lost its ability to control the speed. The newer one stopped working while still under warranty so I brought it to the appliance service place. The repair guy told me how to get a replacement from KitchenAid (incredible customer service from KA by the way) and when he heard I still had the old one told me to bring it in. He said he'd a thousand times rather work on an older one than a new one. So I have both, but the old K45 works way better than the K5, especially for kneading bread dough. I bring the newer one out every year for my annual Christmas cookie baking party but otherwise I stick with the old one. I hear the newest KitchenAids have a plastic worm drive and are not really worth repairing when they die.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

ANNNND I really want to buy a casserole crockpot.

I had no idea this was a thing. I want one NOW.  Our Kitchen Aid is a K45 from the late '70s - early '80s and works great.

The Instant Pot 6 quart and replaced my old 3 quart one. I feel foolish getting one so much bigger, but so be it.  

It really doesn't take up much more space than the smaller capacity.  

Soooooo should I sell the old one on eBay or donate to the thrift store?  I'm getting sad now, poor old Crocky served me well for a few decades. I shall miss her. ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corning-Ware-Corelle-Coord-Forever-Yours-3-Quart-Crock-Pot-Removable-Dish-/352599667910

7 hours ago, Hane said:

I bought my white Kitchen Aid in 1989, right after I finished my Culinary Arts degree and had it for my first apartment.  I'm glad I have it :) 

So Elizabeth is one now, correct? I'm surprised we haven't gotten a pregnancy announcement from Anna Marie. Is Melanie currently the only pregnant Maxwell?

I have a KitchenAid (red) and I STILL keep on coveting them. Like - wouldn't it be good to have a whole second kitchen where you could go when the first one is a disaster zone, with a whole separate set of appliances? Then I'd have a duck egg blue one. Tell me Braggie would totally approve. Even if she never used any of the appliances herself. 

So basically - I'd have this house. Seven kitchens. A KitchenAid in each of them. Of course it would be bought debt-free (well, drug dealing doesn't tend to involve finance plans).

https://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/melbourne-vic/hawthorn-mansion-avon-court-to-challenge-victorian-record-price/news-story/18b817e2115d03783fb0eb41f3e65b25

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-hawthorn-130010414 

Sorry to derail the KitchnAid talk. Any of you foodies want to come be my family's chef, come on over! 

So I read the Maxwells every few months because frankly, nothing ever changes! So i read thread 1, 6 and 8. The Bear Books look awesome, can't wait for one of my cousins to have a baby so I can buy them! (2 cousins got married last year...odds are good one will be pregnant in the next 3 years.) 

I was encouraged by Terri! I hang out on the Lori thread (I'm glutton for punishment) so Terri's response to her homeschooling/babysitting post shocked me! This is how Terri responded to 2 ladies. 1 is a working woman and 1 had a mom that taught school.

1798682840_cutout.jpg.41755433fc76e454b17f96a54f1a56ea.jpg

I am obviously not on the Lori thread because Lori would have never been so gracious to her commentators about outside employment! 

ok- now back to KitchenAid (which is much more active than the Maxwells)

I finally, at the age of 60, got a Kitchen Aid mixer this past holiday season. I really wanted either a red one or that 50s-era turquoise to go with some of my vintage Pyrex. I settled on white because the other colors don't really go in my kitchen. Now I'm regretting it. I could have repainted my kitchen, right? LOL.

On the bright side, though, I've seen vintage Pyrex decals for Kitchen Aids on Etsy; I'm tempted to order some, maybe the Amish Butterprint. :my_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I finally, at the age of 60, got a Kitchen Aid mixer this past holiday season. I really wanted either a red one or that 50s-era turquoise to go with some of my vintage Pyrex. I settled on white because the other colors don't really go in my kitchen. Now I'm regretting it. I could have repainted my kitchen, right? LOL.

On the bright side, though, I've seen vintage Pyrex decals for Kitchen Aids on Etsy; I'm tempted to order some, maybe the Amish Butterprint. :my_biggrin:

Worth the wait. I haven't seen the vintage Pyrex decals but I know there are many options for pimping out your KA. I keep meaning to get the flames motif for my old 4.5 model.

3 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Worth the wait. I haven't seen the vintage Pyrex decals but I know there are many options for pimping out your KA. I keep meaning to get the flames motif for my old 4.5 model.

I kicked myself all through Christmas baking for not having gotten one YEARS ago! OMG, it made all those batches of cookie dough so easy to do. I want to be buried with my KA, St Peter had better let me into heaven with it! :laughing-rolling:

Flames would be awesome. I might get several different sets and just switch out as the mood strikes me. :banana-blonde:

On 3/3/2019 at 11:59 AM, Leftitinmysnood said:

I knew many fundies who did not approve of anything anthropomorphized because saying animals can talk and wear clothes is "lying." They used that rationale for Narnia as well (like magic wasn't reason enough in their world.)

Steve came out against anthropomorphized animals at one point so it's surprising to me that Teri has the Bear book.

I bought my Kitchen-Aid at Macy's in 1998 or '99 with some money I inherited from my dad.  I think he would have been pleased that I used a little of the money to buy it.  It's a white K 5A, a white bowl-lift model just like Julia Child and James Beard had.  (There's an illustration of the K 5A in Beard on Bread.)  Well, I hope it's like theirs.  I know that they got their machines when they were still made by Hobart.   @Hane, do you know when Hobart stopped making the mixers for home kitchen use?  

Cobalt Blue was developed for Williams-Sonoma.  One of my daughters has a Hunter Green 4.5 that her sisters and I all chipped in on and bought it for her birthday.  Two of my other daughters also have 4.5 quart models. I gave my oldest daughter two mixing blades -a silicone edged one and one regular- for her Kitchen-Aid since she'd misplaced hers.

The prototypes of Kitchen-Aid mixers were first used on battleships.

Maybe we need a kitchen forum? [My vote is for a red kitchen, by the way]

Someone sneaked in a question about if Melanie is the only pregnant wife? Surely NR Anna should be announcing again soon.  Have we missed anything? I've skipped here because I cannot endure Sarah's so-called "writing" posts.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived