IGNORED

Maxwell 29: You Can Leave Your Vest On, Second Verse Same as the First

Coconut Flan

On 3/8/2019 at 2:57 PM, PennySycamore said:

@JermajestyDuggar,  I'm thinking about doing Weight Watchers again because I do need to lose weight.  I lost on the program they had in the early Aughts, but when I tried the program a couple of years ago for a few months (4 months at least), I lost one pound.  I wasn't cheating a lot either.  I sold or gave away* my tracker to @Mela99 because she'd get more use out of it.  

*I think I gave it to her, but I'm not sure.  

You did indeed! I've sort of gone back to WW myself and its great :D

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wish that Weight Watchers would not time their special deals on memberships to end just before holidays.  They had a special that expires today for a free membership, a free month and a free starter kit, but I don't want to start WW today when Pi Day is coming up on Thursday, St Patrick's Day on Sunday, and Pancake Day is tomorrow with free pancakes at IHOP (the pancake one and not the House of Prayer one).  I might see if my oldest daughter and her youngest want to do lunch at IHOP.  I've got two little jugs to maple syrup to take with me.

@nelliebelle1197, welcome to the cake cult!

True story: At my (UU) church, I’m often asked to make party cakes for special occasions. One Sunday, a fellow congregant was driving her kids to church along with her mother, who is a Lutheran pastor, and said, “Hey, kids—there’s Jane Cake today!” They cheered. And her mother asked, “Is that a special kind of UU sacrament?” ?

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I just wish that Weight Watchers would not time their special deals on memberships to end just before holidays.  They had a special that expires today for a free membership, a free month and a free starter kit, but I don't want to start WW today when Pi Day is coming up on Thursday, St Patrick's Day on Sunday, and Pancake Day is tomorrow with free pancakes at IHOP (the pancake one and not the House of Prayer one).  I might see if my oldest daughter and her youngest want to do lunch at IHOP.  I've got two little jugs to maple syrup to take with me.

And how about all those chocolate bunnies that are showing up in stores this time of year?  Mmmm  I'm not sure there's a good time to start Weight Watchers!

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I started last year right before Christmas! That was tough! But it helped me not stuff myself at Christmas like I normally do. 

So it's Teri's new book. Of course it is.

Whump. Whump.

And Michelle Duggar is a "test reader"

Teri lays out key ingredients that are vital to help us
personally grow in our relationship with God. Michelle Duggar

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yep, color me beige-ly unsurprised.

Now, if she teamed up with Sarah to write a Sweet-Moody crossover, then that might get my attention.  Maybe.

10 hours ago, kpmom said:

And how about all those chocolate bunnies that are showing up in stores this time of year?  Mmmm  I'm not sure there's a good time to start Weight Watchers!

I used to work in a department store that got the greatest selection of Easter candy.  Chocolate rabbits, all sorts of jellybeans, coconut nests, marshmallow chicks, the whole gamut.  Good stuff to, not the Palmers brand.   I haven't found chocolate that tastes as good as Barton's did.

I agree about WW.

3 hours ago, Granwych said:

I used to work in a department store that got the greatest selection of Easter candy.  Chocolate rabbits, all sorts of jellybeans, coconut nests, marshmallow chicks, the whole gamut.  Good stuff to, not the Palmers brand.   I haven't found chocolate that tastes as good as Barton's did.

I agree about WW.

I ate a bunch of Palmers in high school when I had undiagnosed mono.

Things happened.

I cannot even look at those candies without feeling a little ill.

8 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Whump. Whump.

And Michelle Duggar is a "test reader"

It fucks me off, that Tits2 use the Duggers as an endorsement when Stevie hates the BEAST which made them famous. You are a hypocrite Stevie....

It’s not the first time they have used them to promote a tits book on the blog as they got Jim Boob to write a preface to another ‘book’ a few years back.

I left a very polite comment on how I was looking forward to Jim Boobs preface. It was altered in hours. 

Oh Stevie, you and your booby  fetish.

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I ate a bunch of Palmers in high school when I had undiagnosed mono.

Things happened.

I cannot even look at those candies without feeling a little ill.

Well at least it was only Palmer's. You're not missing much.

5 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

It fucks me off, that Tits2 use the Duggers as an endorsement when Stevie hates the BEAST which made them famous. You are a hypocrite Stevie....

It’s not the first time they have used them to promote a tits book on the blog as they got Jim Boob to write a preface to another ‘book’ a few years back.

I left a very polite comment on how I was looking forward to Jim Boobs preface. It was altered in hours. 

JH, isn’t it about 3 am where you are? Are you an insomniac like me?

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don't think Daylight Saving Time has started in the UK yet?

Pro-tip for those who can't/won't shell out for those strips to put around their cake pans to keep the cake from baking faster on the edges than in the center, which is what makes them go all dome-y:

Use and old flour sack dishtowel or cut a strip from a worn-out sheet, wide enough to fold lengthwise into a couple of thicknesses and long enough to wrap around the cake pan and fasten with a pin, or just tie the ends together. Soak it in water, wring it out and put it around the pan. It will keep the perimeter of the cake cool enough so that it doesn't bake before the center does.

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yes it is about 3.am 03:00i, in the UK ?. John

You don’t sleep great either, where are you?

11 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I don't think Daylight Saving Time has started in the UK yet?

I few more weeks and ball games at my fence will start.  Oh to live next to the Maxwell compound 

5 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Yes it is about 3.am 03:00i, in the UK ?. John

You don’t sleep great either, where are you?

I few more weeks and ball games at my fence will start.  Oh to live next to the Maxwell compound 

I am in the southern US. 5 am here!

"She poured her heart into this project, which comes from many years’ experience along with being a Titus2 mentor to countless."  Countless, what Sarah?

@Black Aliss, I used to use the wet-rags trick before I discovered the cake strips, but started making so many cakes as a side hustle that the strips were worth the investment. 

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@Black Aliss, I used to use the wet-rags trick before I discovered the cake strips, but started making so many cakes as a side hustle that the strips were worth the investment. 

They are also hella more attractive than a folded over piece of old sheet. Cake strips had not, to the best of my knowledge, been invented when I was baking a lot of cakes but if I ever start baking again, I'm getting some.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:44 PM, johnhugh said:

And i believe the Duggar's featured a MOTH schedule pretty prominently on their show.  I remember seeing a picture of Michelle with the schedule on the wall behind her.

I don't doubt the Maxwells got a bunch of MOTH orders from that show.  So, tv is the beast, unless the Maxwells are making money from it.

Terri’s book release will be postponed. The printing company they use is behind. They will do a random life post instead. 

58 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Terri’s book release will be postponed. The printing company they use is behind. They will do a random life post instead.  

Jesse is still researching good deals on paper for their "printer" :text-lol:

On 3/13/2019 at 5:49 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

"She poured her heart into this project, which comes from many years’ experience along with being a Titus2 mentor to countless."  Countless, what Sarah?

What indeed.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:12 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

I like where they cannot even announce what the book is about now because I'm sure "announcement" and "pre-order" are on the same square in the schedule.

Aw, I've missed most of the cake drift.  I love to bake cakes. I'm in constant pursuit of a recipe to match this awesome fresh raspberry fudge cake that I once had at a bakery outside Santa Cruz, so I've been testing ganache and fudge frosting recipes for science for years. My version was often requested at our former church. One friend always managed to come up with an event near her birthday, so I could make her favorite cake. I bet she missed me last week.

Add me to the club who can totally tell a cake mix from a from-scratch cake. Cool whip is ok if that is all that there is, but it's better frozen and has no place in mousse.

Can't announce Teri's book because the printer is backed up. 

They are all weeping in a corner because the schedule is now thrown off. How ever will they function the next few weeks?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived