IGNORED

Birthing for Jesus: Upcoming Babies 13

Bethella

2 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Is there just a names thread? I find people’s Reasons for names interesting. For us, our last name is very Eastern European and hard to guess here in the US. We could either go with ethnic names or biblical that would sound decent in our opinion. Hubby thought the difficult last name was bad enough so we went Biblical and middle names honor family members. Not a certain letter but we had a pattern and reasons behind it. I find that kind of thing interesting!

I have 2 friends (siblings) who have a hard last name. They along with their older sister have very easy names. 

• Upvote 1

This is their message. Honestly why would you even register when you’re having 2 girls 11 months apart? (I checked and her last baby registry was for the 6th of July)

she said they didn’t need many things but still registered for 30 items

Spoiler

3E76B55C-258C-4D2C-9207-A321DE8BEC7F.thumb.jpeg.1ef82ea2bf8a2eac9dde32034b8167ae.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

This is their message. Honestly why would you even register when you’re having 2 girls 11 months apart? (I checked and her last baby registry was for the 6th of July)

she said they didn’t need many things but still registered for 30 items

Hide contents

3E76B55C-258C-4D2C-9207-A321DE8BEC7F.thumb.jpeg.1ef82ea2bf8a2eac9dde32034b8167ae.jpeg

I wonder if part of the utility of that registry is because they know friends and family will buy things for the new baby out of excitement and things even if they said they didn't need anything (because that's just what people tend to do) and they wanted to steer people in the direction of things that will be useful to them. For example, I don't think it's possible to have too many books! And matching outfits are some people's thing but they probably don't need more newborn baby girl clothes on their own. 

My best friend had two boys 16 months apart and right from the beginning of her pregnancy, she was receiving lots of new outfits ("I saw this in the store and just thought it was SO cute so I bought it for the new baby!"). But she already had outfits still with the tags on from her oldest because he was the first grandchild on both sides, first nephew (or niece) on both sides, first kid born to our friend group etc and also plenty of barely worn clothes from her oldest. Her husband is also in the army and they were up for transfer when she was going to be 7 months pregnant and she was having panic attacks about moving extra things that weren't needed or that they would likely never use. She ended up making a little list rather than an official registry of things that they did need or would be useful. For example, she started cloth diapering when her first was about 7 months old, so newborn and small infant pre-fold diapers would be helpful. She also included things she didn't realize she'd use so much the first time round like nipple shields and a new baby carrier because the first one was not great for her back (more expensive but something the grandparents would definitely want to buy), books, a more efficient breast pump that comes with a case that isn't huge and ugly etc. 

She's pregnant with number 3 now, their first girl, and at this point she is content with putting her in her brother's outfits and maybe slapping a headband on her sometimes ? She really does not need anything, she feels like she finally found her groove with the equipment and products that work for her and she knows that when baby girl comes along and she has 3 kids under 4, it will be a miracle if all three kids even put on clothes that day so she is much more 'whatever' about it now (they live in the Australian tropics so it's basically the same hot temperature all year round and the boys are often in just their adorable cloth diapers and now underwear for her oldest around the house- they strip their clothes off and she isn't going to fight that battle). 

• Upvote 8

Interesting that they would go with “Kristy” for a middle name instead of Kristine/Kristina.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Deanna Coghlan is having twin boys!

I’m glad it’s Deanna and not some other people we talk about on FJ. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Per Bonnie Engstrom's (A Knotted Life) latest Instagram story, she's having pregnancy complications and will be having the baby the week after Easter instead of in May.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Per Bonnie Engstrom's (A Knotted Life) latest Instagram story, she's having pregnancy complications and will be having the baby the week after Easter instead of in May.

I can't say I'm really surprised, but I do hope that she and the baby are both healthy.  I haven't read her blog in a while and I'm not sure if I've checked on her instagram in forever.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I can't say I'm really surprised, but I do hope that she and the baby are both healthy.  I haven't read her blog in a while and I'm not sure if I've checked on her instagram in forever.

She posted an emotional story a few days ago where she was asking for prayers because there was a chance something would be wrong. Probably not, but there was a chance, and they weren't sure yet. But she never specified what was going on. This time around she said too much amniotic fluid, plus huge baby, plus concerns about her C-section scar.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Esther LeClerc had her baby. He was born April 1st. Phoenix Alexander Rae and he was a big baby at 9lbs 12oz and 22 inches long. 

• Thank You 1

10 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Esther LeClerc had her baby. He was born April 1st. Phoenix Alexander Rae and he was a big baby at 9lbs 12oz and 22 inches long. 

My nephew was slightly bigger than that at birth and now he’s a humongous teenager! Because of this, I always assume that long babies turn into taller than average adults. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My nephew was slightly bigger than that at birth and now he’s a humongous teenager! Because of this, I always assume that long babies turn into taller than average adults. 

I did. My brother was "petite and perfect" at birth. I came along a few years later and managed to destroy my mother's reproductive organs, pelvic floor, and plans for a newborn wardrobe all in one fell swoop. Just under 10lbs and 2ft long. They took me home swaddled in a borrowed (adult) tee shirt because I hulked out of the intended garment before we left the hospital.

Barefoot, I'm nearly 6ft now. 

• Upvote 9

It's always interesting to compare birth weights and adult sizes. My 5' 10" tall sister was my mom's heaviest baby of the four of us, at 10 lb., 3 oz. But my just over 6' tall brother was mom's smallest baby at 7 lb., ? oz. My oldest sibling and I had the same birth weight (8 lb., ?oz.) and we have very different body types. He's 2 inches taller than I am, and has a very different body shape and relationship with weight. (When I compare our body types, I mean his body shape before he came out as transgender and transitioned to living as male.)

Only 2 of my mom's 4 kids had children. My sister's five kids were all big babies, and they're all now tall young adults. Her largest baby was 2 ounces heavier at birth than she was. Yep. My over 6 foot tall nephew was 10 lb., 5 oz. at birth. She told me that at the hospital, people who saw him in the nursery said, "Oh! His poor mother!" But then she laughed and said that he was easier to give birth to than his older sister. (My kids were smaller at birth, just under 7 and 8 lbs., and they're on track to be average or a bit smaller as adults.) People in my family knew not to get newborn sized baby clothes for my sister's kids pretty quickly! :pb_lol:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
clarity
  • Upvote 5

I love talking baby weights! I have 4, 2 girls and 2 boys, yes I did plan that very well ;) . 

1st born, girl, 7lb 5.5oz and 48cm length, now 22 and 5ft 3". Shes so little and cute!

2nd born, girl, 6lb 4.5oz and 48cm length, now 20 and 5ft 7", same as me and she loves being able to look me in the eye lol

3rd born, boy, 7lb 2oz and 50 cm long, now 13 and 5ft 2" he likes to tease 1st born as there is only 1" difference at the mo!

4th born, boy, 10lb 6.5oz and 63 cm long, (can I just add..he was a home birth, easiest one of the lot and had to wear 3-6 month age clothing from birth!) now 11, and 5ft. 

No idea as to what my boys finals heights will be, one Grandfather is 6ft 1" and the other was 6ft 7". Their half brother has stopped at 6ft 4". I'll come back in 10 years and update ?

• Upvote 7

Jorandmeliss IG has pictures of Melanie's new baby, Jason Alexander Wong. Not sure exactly when he was born.

ETA: Also, on the 1st, Deborah Wahlquist posted something in her story congratulating Elisha on being pregnant with #3, but...it was April Fool's, so I don't know if it was real.

Edited by albireo
  • Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic