IGNORED

Birthing for Jesus: Upcoming Babies 13

Bethella

Bonnie Engstrom is going in for her C-Section tomorrow. She talks about the fact that if they wait any longer, they're risking uterine rupture or stillbirth. I really hope that after this pregnancy she goes the Jen Fulwiler route and magically becomes perfect at NFP. How a woman with several young children risking her health and her life because celibate old men decided birth control is satanic is beyond me. The Bible also says that women are supposed to give birth in pain, and Christians used to cling to that belief as well, but now I don't see the Catholic Church banning epidurals, so... ?‍♀️

Anyway, again, I really hope all goes well for her tomorrow. Her new website/blog is bonnieengstrom.net, by the way.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Bonnie Engstrom is going in for her C-Section tomorrow. She talks about the fact that if they wait any longer, they're risking uterine rupture or stillbirth. I really hope that after this pregnancy she goes the Jen Fulwiler route and magically becomes perfect at NFP. How a woman with several young children risking her health and her life because celibate old men decided birth control is satanic is beyond me. The Bible also says that women are supposed to give birth in pain, and Christians used to cling to that belief as well, but now I don't see the Catholic Church banning epidurals, so... ?‍♀️

Anyway, again, I really hope all goes well for her tomorrow. Her new website/blog is bonnieengstrom.net, by the way.

I hope that she and the baby are both healthy.  What are the chances, I wonder, that the doctor would do a hysterectomy because of risks from repeated c-sections?  I'm assuming that this is not her first c-section but I am not sure.  I do know who she is and have read her blog, I just don't remember.

14 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I hope that she and the baby are both healthy.  What are the chances, I wonder, that the doctor would do a hysterectomy because of risks from repeated c-sections?  I'm assuming that this is not her first c-section but I am not sure.  I do know who she is and have read her blog, I just don't remember.

According to her, this is her third C-section. I think it’s her seventh (edit: nope, it’s her eighth) birth. She’d have to consent to a hysterectomy unless it was a truly dire emergency, so I doubt that’s in the cards.

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 7

I think Rachel has had rough births with every child and this is the second South American problem birth for her. Almost all have been early, though not as early as Beth's.  Kressant is the only Smith who has easy pregnancies. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I think Rachel has had rough births with every child and this is the second South American problem birth for her. Almost all have been early, though not as early as Beth's.  Kressant is the only Smith who has easy pregnancies. 

You would think she would say to herself, “maybe this is god telling me to close up shop and enjoy the kids I have.” But nope. That’s too logical for fundies. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

I had a weird feeling that Rachel had given birth. Adeline has been posting erratically, but nothing at all about Rachel specifically since she first arrived. It's been all Kress and the new house, with occasional appearances by Wes and the kiddos. It didn't make much sense, given that the ostensible reason for her trip was to help Rachel. 

He was due in May (no clue when during the month), and Rachel last appeared (pregnant) in Addie's stories a couple of weeks ago when she arrived in Paraguay. Hopefully, he was born very recently, and will not require nicu services for long. 

• Upvote 6

That's Rachel's boy, Manuel. He is in the hospital in Ascension. (sp?) She posted a picture of her and Wes after they themselves arrived. 

I don't remember most of her births - they are totally lost in the constant procreation of the Mortons and I can't tell one from another - but the last one, Levi, also spent quite a bit of time in the hospital. 

I'm guessing they expected an early delivery since the May due date was mentioned a few times but Adeline has already been there for a couple of weeks. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

That's Rachel's boy, Manuel. He is in the hospital in Ascension. (sp?) She posted a picture of her and Wes after they themselves arrived. 

I don't remember most of her births - they are totally lost in the constant procreation of the Mortons and I can't tell one from another - but the last one, Levi, also spent quite a bit of time in the hospital. 

I'm guessing they expected an early delivery since the May due date was mentioned a few times but Adeline has already been there for a couple of weeks. 

I remember the blog for her first, who was I think 5 or 6 weeks early. Pa Morton wanted Wesley to do an unassisted home birth since the midwife was... unavailable? Unwillingly to do the early birth? But Wesley decided to take Rachel to the hospital. I believe there were references to bed rest with either Joey or Arianna. 

• Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Pa Morton wanted Wesley to do an unassisted home birth since the midwife was... unavailable? Unwillingly to do the early birth? But Wesley decided to take Rachel to the hospital.

Yep, here's the blog entry, if anyone's interested. Among other things, it also provides additional evidence that Daddy Michael Morton is a fucking tool of the worst sort.

Also, this thread -- particularly @neurogirl's excellent & detailed summary -- shows that Rachel has not had an easy time of it with many of her pregnancies & deliveries.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

21 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Yep, here's the blog entry, if anyone's interested. Among other things, it also provides additional evidence that Daddy Michael Morton is a fucking tool of the worst sort.

Also, this thread -- particularly @neurogirl's excellent & detailed summary -- shows that Rachel has not had an easy time of it with many of her pregnancies & deliveries.

I really can’t stand the way Addie writes. 

• I Agree 4

12 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

ISB here, but I wonder if Jackie also had difficult births and that's why (or part of why) they adopted after the first four. 

• Upvote 1

All credit for the Morton summaries goes to @albireo! I just did some stats. According to the numbers, Rachel has 2nd-nth babies 668 days apart +/- 173. If she continues at this rate, she is expected to have 13 children total (turning age 41 before her last birth), with #8 arriving spring-summer 2020.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I remember the blog for her first, who was I think 5 or 6 weeks early. Pa Morton wanted Wesley to do an unassisted home birth since the midwife was... unavailable? Unwillingly to do the early birth? But Wesley decided to take Rachel to the hospital. I believe there were references to bed rest with either Joey or Arianna. 

Pa Morton is really one of the worst fucking assholes we are talking about on FJ. I hope Rachel and the little man are recovering well. And I hope that the consider stop having children... I know: I dream too big.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

All credit for the Morton summaries goes to @albireo! I just did some stats. According to the numbers, Rachel has 2nd-nth babies 668 days apart +/- 173. If she continues at this rate, she is expected to have 13 children total (turning age 41 before her last birth), with #8 arriving spring-summer 2020.

Aw, thanks. Your stats were really the star of that thread anyway. Did you perhaps mean 2021 for #8's arrival? That works better with the numbers you gave.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Pa Morton is really one of the worst fucking assholes we are talking about on FJ. I hope Rachel and the little man are recovering well. And I hope that the consider stop having children... I know: I dream too big.

At least Rachel and Kress are away from the horrible patriarchs of their family of origin and their family in law. I think Rachel’s last birth was in a hospital too. So at least it looks like she’s delivering in hospitals instead of homebirthing. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

He's a true believer in the patriarchy. I've said it many times - I find them the scariest of all. They don't drink the koolaid, they've been steeped in it so long it flavors everything they do. 

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Don't know as much about the Mortons and Smiths, but sounds like Wesley is a more intelligent person than his dad. Good on him for doing the responsible thing. Now, to stop having children with so many issues in birth. I can always hope. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, albireo said:

Aw, thanks. Your stats were really the star of that thread anyway. Did you perhaps mean 2021 for #8's arrival? That works better with the numbers you gave.

Yes! Oops! Spring/summer of 2021 expected for Rachel's 8th.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

The family is sharing a GoFundMe for Manuel. Apparently he is on a respirator and they are anticipating that Rachel and Wes will need to stay in Ascension for a while.

• Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The family is sharing a GoFundMe for Manuel. Apparently he is on a respirator and they are anticipating that Rachel and Wes will need to stay in Ascension for a while.

They have an 8000 dollar goal. I kinda feel like that’s a lot? But I don’t really know much about healthcare costs in Paraguay. I hope the baby is okay.

side note- Kennedy shared the GoFundMe and she called Bethany her SIL and called Rachel Bethany’s sister. I found that weird since Rachel is actually her SIL and Bethany isn’t

Spoiler

A2765BF2-FABA-4C6A-9852-8D93B93DA428.thumb.jpeg.b72e78c5d00067cabb0de9f0f89be6c5.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

They have an 8000 dollar goal. I kinda feel like that’s a lot? But I don’t really know much about healthcare costs in Paraguay. I hope the baby is okay.

side note- Kennedy shared the GoFundMe and she called Bethany her SIL and called Rachel Bethany’s sister. I found that weird since Rachel is actually her SIL and Bethany isn’t

Hide contents

A2765BF2-FABA-4C6A-9852-8D93B93DA428.thumb.jpeg.b72e78c5d00067cabb0de9f0f89be6c5.jpeg

Lol, even an actual in law gets them all mixed up. That’s what happens when you are all related in some way. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I kinda' want to comment and say that since their god chooses life by opeoning and/or closing the womb, then once the child is born it's up to god too. Not doctors and not people from around the internet giving money.

But, I try to be less bitchy about their godly breeding when an actual life is on the line. 

• Upvote 4

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic